Bleach: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hikari
He reached up to turn her head so she was looking at him once more. Giving a soft chuckled he replied, "It's simple, I can just go there to meet them and talk about some things. Though I don't think marriage is a thing either of us are ready for, nor should it be forced. If it were to happen then we should both make sure our feelings for each other are clear, or even existing. But since you feel strongly about me not going seeing as you hid multiple other letters from me, and don't try to deny it because I can read it on your face, then we can just say we never got them. Blame it on the mail boy." Hikari then stood up, ripping the letter before walking to a trash bin letting the pieces fall in. He walked back to his desk and sat in his chair, leaning back to look up at Haruka. He reached into his haori pulling out a handful of candy which he offered up to her, it was allot from the good pile.
She let him direct her gaze and stared into eyes as he spoke. He seemed to be truthful...She nodded once in affirmation and with a blush. She cleared her throat, "Alright...the dinner is tomorrow night. It's...a semi-formal affair." She said to him. "They're nigh be other suitors, though I'm not sure whom he has received a reply from. Thank you, Hikari." she said before her eyes kit up at the candy. She took it all with a wide grin, "Thanks!"

While her attacked connected she found herself being swung around in a circle before being thrown, she collided with a tree which made her rub her back before dunking out of the way when a Raikoho went and tore straight through the tree. Standing up she dusted herself up before shunpoing above him, she aimed her metal arm not at him but at the ground around him, and shot off several balls that exploded with smoke. With the fog concealing herself, she shunpoed behind him, and proceeded to grab his arm, placing her right leg to the back of his head, where she let herself fall to the ground while pulling on his arm.
Kenta
Kenta covered his eyes so that the smoke didn't get in his eyes, though he would look left and right to make sure she didn't come from the sides. He suddenly felt his arms being pulled back with a foot on the back of his head. He felt Takara falling backwards, though before she could get to the ground Kenta activated his jet arms which sent them flying into the air in the same position. His hands then flew off, flying downwards before flying upwards again to try and strike Takara in the back.

She let him direct her gaze and stared into eyes as he spoke. He seemed to be truthful...She nodded once in affirmation and with a blush. She cleared her throat, "Alright...the dinner is tomorrow night. It's...a semi-formal affair." She said to him. "They're nigh be other suitors, though I'm not sure whom he has received a reply from. Thank you, Hikari." she said before her eyes kit up at the candy. She took it all with a wide grin, "Thanks!"
Hikari
Hikari gave a smile and nod. "You're welcome," he replied standing up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hopefully it goes well." Hikari grabbed a document on his desk, eyes running over it before storing it in his haori. He walked to the door and opened it, stopping to look back at Haruka. "You can take time off if you want, you probably need it with what people saw today. If you do decide to stick around, if someone asks for me then tell them that I went to go handle some business." Hikari was about to make a marriage joke, obvious by the smirk on his face, but he figured that wouldn't be best with the door open. He shook his head, turning around he walked out of his office with his hand resting on his Zanpakuto. What he was doing required a large team of Shinigami, atleast for those below his rank. Though with his rank he'd atleast need a Lieutenant, but he wanted to test his own skills. He had been training his mind and body for three months, hollow weren't a good test to show his progression, he needed something more.

Kenta
Kenta covered his eyes so that the smoke didn't get in his eyes, though he would look left and right to make sure she didn't come from the sides. He suddenly felt his arms being pulled back with a foot on the back of his head. He felt Takara falling backwards, though before she could get to the ground Kenta activated his jet arms which sent them flying into the air in the same position. His hands then flew off, flying downwards before flying upwards again to try and strike Takara in the back.
Her attack was almost there, but then he used hacks and flew off with his jet things, which made her grip onto hi a tad harder as she dangled from his arm in the sky. "Hey no fair, I can do jet things and.... where are your hands?" She asked before being hit by the answer when the hands hit her in the back making her let go of her grip on him, causing her to fall before she shoot chains out of her hand which were able to stick to metal objects like a magnet, so they wrapped around his harm on which she gripped the chain and raised her eyebrows like he should know what was coming. "Hado number 11, Tsuzuri Raiden." And like that electricity began flowing upwards on the chain towards Kenta.

Nene heard the two mention something about something not being water, probably should have told them what each dial did, but hey, all of them cleaned so it just depended on what the user wanted to take a bath in. Well since they were new she decided that she give them a little welcome to squad twelve gift. So she went to the lab and easily obtained where their rooms were located. Luckily they were next to each others so that would save some time. So she walked back to her room tapping her zanpakuto along the way, and picked up two cube that sucked in anything and hurried to their rooms. She went in only to leave it on their tables with a message that stated how to use them and that was it. The message read "The device is able to store an infinite amount of items. Green sucks, red expels all items, blue will be able to shuffle through any item you may want at the moment a hologram will show above the cube showing what the item is, and the black button expels that one item that is locked in with the blue button. Also do not press all four buttons at once, for they will explode." She then wandered the halls thinking of what she could do next. Maybe challenge the lazy man to another challenge?

Hioshimi padded out of the changing room, completely in the nude. She glanced at the frothy bath and, unable to contain herself, she let loose a giggle and jumped in. "You did a better job then I could've done, Kame! There's water in here, at least!"

Hioshimi ran her fingers tthrough her hair, as Kame waded to the water nozzle. She was luck enough to have avoided going underwater, instead relaxing in the heated tub. Her gaze slipped to the nozzles on the tub sceptically, and in order to break the ice (or perhaps she simply can't stay quiet long enough) Hioshimi perked up and asked, "soooo, what do you think of Captain Kagiko and Nene?"

Hioshimi didn't wait for an answer. Engrossed in picking dirt under her nails, she babbled "I think they're both lively people, and nice to be around, but nothing is what it seems in squad twelve, huh?" Hioshimi looked up at Kame with a significant look. Evidently, she was just as oobservant as always, and felt like people were hiding things from her too.

"We'll be fine though. Or, well, we'll be fine, but we'll be considerably better if we figure out how to work the bath." continued Hioshimi, chuckling as she heaved the foam around her chest and shoulders.
Kame blocked her face as Hioshimi splashed in, sending water this way and that. She was glad her eyes were closed or they would have been splashed with the foamy water. Kame nodded as she spoke, still searching for the nozzle. If Hioshimi was telling the truth than Kame was glad she'd been the first in the bath judging from how she'd mucked it up so far. "Yeah? Don't get any of it in your eyes though - it stings." She snapped back as she groped blindly for the nozzle. She squinted and headed towards the sound of the rushing water before finally reaching it, upon which she immediately ducked her head under the stream.

The water at first only increased the pain before it began to wash away the traces of the foam and even after Kame had emerged spluttering from the steam her eyes felt a little dry. Now that the discomfort from her eyes had lessened, she felt a little shameful about her little outburst. "I'm sorry Hioshimi. It's just... sorry." She leant back and blew bubbles. Hioshimi's ability to mess with her mind hadn't just been from the hectic morning. She sniffed as she thought about Hioshimi's newest question.

She'd thought Hioshimi had been very friendly with both Kagiko and Nene but judging from her glances here and there it was evident that they both shared a common thought - that they masked their true selves. Kame busied herself with untying her bun while she contemplated whether or not to reveal how she truly felt about Kagiko and Nene. In truth, Kame thought of Kagiko and Nene as scum, more or less. Though she wasn't sure how much they were involved in the purging of her Rukongai district - she didn't know if they were involved at all - their high standing left them highly suspect. Until she found out the truth, Kame would view them in an unfavourable light.

It was a heavy truth but Kame could almost picture herself telling it to Hioshimi. Something about her just screamed trust - her curiosity reminded her too much of Eiji. "Captain Kagiko..." Kame sighed as her hair curled down, covering her tattooed back. There was no way she could say what she wanted to say. To accuse someone who'd treated them this hospitably so far of such heinous crimes - even a drunkard wouldn't believe her. "Captain Kagiko is a honourable man. He's shown us nothing but hospitality so far - a good captain." She droned on. "As for Nene, well she was nice enough to show us towards the baths. Like you said Hioshimi, they seem to be nice people." She refused to look at her and instead focused on a particularly realistic koi inked on her arm.

After a minute passed by Kame finally piped up again. "Nothing is what is seems like in the Seireitei, not just the 12th Division." She splashed the water idly and laid her head back to rest in the water, her hair spreading out like seaweed. She was glad when Hioshimi steered the subject towards the bath. Her eyes were slightly red now from the irritation and she rubbed them as smiled wryly. "Easier said than done. I didn't know you needed more than a bucket to get water but," she gestured towards the knobs, "I guess that's Rukongai fashion." Kame looked up at Hioshimi then, a little curious about her whereabouts. "Did you come from the Rukongai? You're not like anyone from the Seireitei."

Kame blocked her face as Hioshimi splashed in, sending water this way and that. She was glad her eyes were closed or they would have been splashed with the foamy water. Kame nodded as she spoke, still searching for the nozzle. If Hioshimi was telling the truth than Kame was glad she'd been the first in the bath judging from how she'd mucked it up so far. "Yeah? Don't get any of it in your eyes though - it stings." She snapped back as she groped blindly for the nozzle. She squinted and headed towards the sound of the rushing water before finally reaching it, upon which she immediately ducked her head under the stream.

The water at first only increased the pain before it began to wash away the traces of the foam and even after Kame had emerged spluttering from the steam her eyes felt a little dry. Now that the discomfort from her eyes had lessened, she felt a little shameful about her little outburst. "I'm sorry Hioshimi. It's just... sorry." She leant back and blew bubbles. Hioshimi's ability to mess with her mind hadn't just been from the hectic morning. She sniffed as she thought about Hioshimi's newest question.

She'd thought Hioshimi had been very friendly with both Kagiko and Nene but judging from her glances here and there it was evident that they both shared a common thought - that they masked their true selves. Kame busied herself with untying her bun while she contemplated whether or not to reveal how she truly felt about Kagiko and Nene. In truth, Kame thought of Kagiko and Nene as scum, more or less. Though she wasn't sure how much they were involved in the purging of her Rukongai district - she didn't know if they were involved at all - their high standing left them highly suspect. Until she found out the truth, Kame would view them in an unfavourable light.

It was a heavy truth but Kame could almost picture herself telling it to Hioshimi. Something about her just screamed trust - her curiosity reminded her too much of Eiji. "Captain Kagiko..." Kame sighed as her hair curled down, covering her tattooed back. There was no way she could say what she wanted to say. To accuse someone who'd treated them this hospitably so far of such heinous crimes - even a drunkard wouldn't believe her. "Captain Kagiko is a honourable man. He's shown us nothing but hospitality so far - a good captain." She droned on. "As for Nene, well she was nice enough to show us towards the baths. Like you said Hioshimi, they seem to be nice people." She refused to look at her and instead focused on a particularly realistic koi inked on her arm.

After a minute passed by Kame finally piped up again. "Nothing is what is seems like in the Seireitei, not just the 12th Division." She splashed the water idly and laid her head back to rest in the water, her hair spreading out like seaweed. She was glad when Hioshimi steered the subject towards the bath. Her eyes were slightly red now from the irritation and she rubbed them as smiled wryly. "Easier said than done. I didn't know you needed more than a bucket to get water but," she gestured towards the knobs, "I guess that's Rukongai fashion." Kame looked up at Hioshimi then, a little curious about her whereabouts. "Did you come from the Rukongai? You're not like anyone from the Seireitei."
Hioshimi glanced over at Kame. She appreciated the apology, but her monotonous tone of voice when speaking of Nene and Kagiko was a sign of dishonesty. She couldn't understand why Kame was so guarded...perhaps she didn't trust Hioshimi enough to tell her?

Well, Hioshimi was not like Kame. She was gloriously open about all of her details, because having secrets meant having weaknesses. She smiled at mention of Rukongai, and as she lathered her hair, she spoke of her past. "District 12, in the North. Wasn't the truest Rukongai experience, but I lived in a family of 15 and baths were kind of cold and small."

"However, it's a sweeping statement to assume everything in the seireitei has a hidden agenda is a big claim...and a bit hypocritical; I'm you have some secrets too."

"I used to be a Plus, actually, before moving on thanks to a shinigami. It was-...I was, erh, I was murdered."

And for once, Hioshimi's bubbling happiness fizzled to a stop. Her ddemeanour became heavier, a cold grim light punctuated her words with bitterness, and there's a streak of determination within her icy violet eyes. Her spiritual pressure spiked for a moment. She stared at Kame with a hard solemnity as she went into details, "I was 19. My friend got shot - that is to say, a machine fired a ball of metal that went through skin and bone almost instantly - rright through the head. I ran to help her, the metal ball bounced off something, and severed the wires holding up a huge metal sign, crushing my skull in and breaking my body."

Hio's anger boiled down into a weariness, as she softened and brought a gentle smile to her lips again. "I'm telling you this because I don't care who knows. They need to understand what made me into what I am, and everyone I know is dead now, somewhere in Rukongai. And...I want to be honest with you, Kame. Everyone's hiding things from us, I want to give you the satisfaction of knowing that, at least, someone's open with you."

Hioshimi gestured to herself, regaining that usual bubbly attitude. She really was trying her damnedest to become friends with Kame, but...for what reason? To get a companion, or to uncover her secrets?

At first, Hio was inclined to the latter, but...she felt like they both needed a friend out here.

Hikari
Hikari gave a smile and nod. "You're welcome," he replied standing up and giving her a kiss on the cheek. "Hopefully it goes well." Hikari grabbed a document on his desk, eyes running over it before storing it in his haori. He walked to the door and opened it, stopping to look back at Haruka. "You can take time off if you want, you probably need it with what people saw today. If you do decide to stick around, if someone asks for me then tell them that I went to go handle some business." Hikari was about to make a marriage joke, obvious by the smirk on his face, but he figured that wouldn't be best with the door open. He shook his head, turning around he walked out of his office with his hand resting on his Zanpakuto. What he was doing required a large team of Shinigami, atleast for those below his rank. Though with his rank he'd atleast need a Lieutenant, but he wanted to test his own skills. He had been training his mind and body for three months, hollow weren't a good test to show his progression, he needed something more.
The young woman's face heated up in a blush at his kiss. She blinked a few times then nodded, her words stuck in her throat. She watched him leave before she left herself.

Making sure his door was closed and locked, she decided to put off her vacation while the Captain was away. Since she was unsure of how long he'd be gone for, she knew she would assume his responsibilities until he returned. She'd take her vacation then and saddle him with the work for a week.

She still felt the thrum of her blood from her display earlier in the afternoon. That call to fight, to feel her hand punching against bone and flesh. As such, she made her way to the sparring area and watched some of the unseated and lower seated members fight.

The whispers started, seeing as how it was the LIEUTENANT that was observing them. She could see the rumors affect some of the fighters and swordsmen: some pushed harder while others began to falter. She said nothing though, and just moved from ring to
ring slowly.

"L-Lieutnant?" a brave young man cleared his throat when she made a hum of acknowledgement. "A-Are..." he looked up at her only to see her frozen blue eyes boring into him. "Are...you with the Captain? As in...together?" Her gulped when her eyes didn't shift away from him. He began to sweat from the relentless assault from her piercing gaze, but the spell was broken when he turned away.

"We are not together. I would offer for you to ask him yourself, but he has business to attend to. Far as I know, he is just a jerk that likes to bug me from time to time." she said with a slight smile. "We are good friends, and he is one of my mentors."

"Is...that how you became lieutenant instead of Third Seat Hyperion-sama?" He...groomed you?" he asked in curiosity. There were a few snickers which she silenced with a glare. She looked back at the young man, whom seemed a little older than her.

"In a manner of speaking. I was made lieutenant because my handwriting is neater than Hyperion's." he couldn't tell if she was joking or not. "He also doesn't have the temperament for it. As I'm sure most of you have experienced." there were a few nods of agreement. The third seat had a legendary temper. "As far as skills are concerned, I'm not sure. I haven't sparred with him in a long time." she replied then kept watching the participants.

He knew a dismissal when he saw it. He thanked her and bowed before he beat a quick escape. She itched to compete, as seen in her restless state. But she couldn't just beat down her squad members under the guise of training. No, that wouldn't do at all...

The young woman's face heated up in a blush at his kiss. She blinked a few times then nodded, her words stuck in her throat. She watched him leave before she left herself.

Making sure his door was closed and locked, she decided to put off her vacation while the Captain was away. Since she was unsure of how long he'd be gone for, she knew she would assume his responsibilities until he returned. She'd take her vacation then and saddle him with the work for a week.

She still felt the thrum of her blood from her display earlier in the afternoon. That call to fight, to feel her hand punching against bone and flesh. As such, she made her way to the sparring area and watched some of the unseated and lower seated members fight.

The whispers started, seeing as how it was the LIEUTENANT that was observing them. She could see the rumors affect some of the fighters and swordsmen: some pushed harder while others began to falter. She said nothing though, and just moved from ring to
ring slowly.

"L-Lieutnant?" a brave young man cleared his throat when she made a hum of acknowledgement. "A-Are..." he looked up at her only to see her frozen blue eyes boring into him. "Are...you with the Captain? As in...together?" Her gulped when her eyes didn't shift away from him. He began to sweat from the relentless assault from her piercing gaze, but the spell was broken when he turned away.

"We are not together. I would offer for you to ask him yourself, but he has business to attend to. Far as I know, he is just a jerk that likes to bug me from time to time." she said with a slight smile. "We are good friends, and he is one of my mentors."

"Is...that how you became lieutenant instead of Third Seat Hyperion-sama?" He...groomed you?" he asked in curiosity. There were a few snickers which she silenced with a glare. She looked back at the young man, whom seemed a little older than her.

"In a manner of speaking. I was made lieutenant because my handwriting is neater than Hyperion's." he couldn't tell if she was joking or not. "He also doesn't have the temperament for it. As I'm sure most of you have experienced." there were a few nods of agreement. The third seat had a legendary temper. "As far as skills are concerned, I'm not sure. I haven't sparred with him in a long time." she replied then kept watching the participants.

He knew a dismissal when he saw it. He thanked her and bowed before he beat a quick escape. She itched to compete, as seen in her restless state. But she couldn't just beat down her squad members under the guise of training. No, that wouldn't do at all...
Mirja did not have much luck finding out what was going on, so slunk back to the training grounds to find someone to spar with. And by spar she meant break someone's face and make them emulate a puffer-fish. However, nobody wanted to fight her, maybe it was her scowl, or the manic look in her eye, but she didn't find a partner, and then the Lieutenant came. Everyone reacted oddly, as if she was going to turn into a lion and claw their faces off. Mirja didn't understand why, and was moving towards her when someone else approached the girl, so she remained out of earshot and watched. Something was said, which made a short-lived snicker run though the crowd, but Mirja was not in on the joke, but decided not to bring it up, since the glare coming from Haruka was not a friendly glare.

Then, the man finally fled, so Mirja Flash Stepped to her side, grinning inanely.
"Hey Haruka-chan! The doctors said it wasn't broken, just a dislocation. So they pushed it back in. Which hurt. Then they gave me a lolly, so it was all right. How are you?!" She asked, her earlier mishap with the girl naught but an awkward memory now. Haruka seemed to be rather restless, and even someone as oblivious as Mirja could see it.
"Are you ok? Did one of the hollows hurt you? Ohh, ohh, Or does Alucard have fleas and one of them got into your uniform?" she asked both equally preposterous, but so was Mirja.

The wooden sword gave way to her slash and was making its way towards the Kenpachi's head, but was blocked by a real zanpukto, one that had chips and lacked any luster from poor maintenance and misuse from over the years. It still held its own against her blade and with his mighty strength she was sent flying back, performing a back flip before her feet skidded along the floor. "Dad wasn't kidding, Kenpachis aren't a joke." She muttered to herself, instantly regaining her composure at the captain's challenge. A smiled cracked along her face. For once there wasn't anyone judging her because of her looks, but now it's a matter if she was skilled enough to join Squad 11 or be decimated by this mad beast. "Captain I'll show you my own strength!" She rushed at him with both hands gripping the handle, but rather than attacking his straight forwardly she took advantage of their absurd height difference and slid in between the gap of his legs so that she was behind him. Without hesitation nor wasting anytime she leapt up at his back to stab his heart. There wasn't any doubt, she was fighting him as if she were trying to kill him. She had to if she wanted to take this behemoth.
Shiro watched as the tiger girl ran towards him and slid between his legs so she could get to his back then she leapt up behind Shiro aiming to pierce through his back and through his heart, Shiro knew full well he didn't even have to react to this but for the sake of combat he would. By the time tiger girl was in the air Shiro had turned his body so that he blocked her attack with the rusty Zanpakuto he held in his right hand "Not bad! Going for killing blows huh? I like your style...but then again...I despise it! Where's the fun! how can you show me your strength by trying to kill me in a mere few blows? if you want to truly show me your strength then fight to kill me rather than try kill me to avoid fighting me!" Shiro then pushed her Zanpakuto away then threw his left fist towards her gut, aiming to send her flying far back. Shiro may have been the Kenpachi, a Master of Zanjutsu but this didn't mean he wouldn't use the weapons his body provided!

Ginko laughed as her kick was deflected and he drew his own sword and made a comment about what she said. "As long as it draws blood then it doesn't matter." Ginko said as she unsheathed her own zanpakuto and grinned as it changed forms. She gripped the handle, which caused some of her blood to leak out from her hand. "A tip, my entire shikai is a blade. Alas, that also means I will continuously loss blood if....." Ginko stopped and looked at a white haired male sitting on the walls around the squad writing on a piece of paper. "Oh yeah.... Thats Fuma, he isn't in squad three, but well.... thats a long story." Ginko said before pointing her index finger at his leg. "Hado number four, byakurai."
(sorry it took a while, was dragged to our cabin)

"Well then I guess I should finish this before it takes to long" His attention was turned to a man playing with a piece of paper, but just as he was about to ask about the long story he heard Ginko say something and it was instanly followed by shocking feeling from his leg. "You make me pay attention to something else then attack ?! Sneaky"

Gathering both his hands around the handle the blade split into two. "Join together, night and day, AkumaTenshi " the now two blades had different colors, black and white. "You might have just a blade, but I have two." He gripped the two blades firmly and heard them both whisper, one wanted to hurt, the other to save.

Mirja did not have much luck finding out what was going on, so slunk back to the training grounds to find someone to spar with. And by spar she meant break someone's face and make them emulate a puffer-fish. However, nobody wanted to fight her, maybe it was her scowl, or the manic look in her eye, but she didn't find a partner, and then the Lieutenant came. Everyone reacted oddly, as if she was going to turn into a lion and claw their faces off. Mirja didn't understand why, and was moving towards her when someone else approached the girl, so she remained out of earshot and watched. Something was said, which made a short-lived snicker run though the crowd, but Mirja was not in on the joke, but decided not to bring it up, since the glare coming from Haruka was not a friendly glare.

Then, the man finally fled, so Mirja Flash Stepped to her side, grinning inanely.
"Hey Haruka-chan! The doctors said it wasn't broken, just a dislocation. So they pushed it back in. Which hurt. Then they gave me a lolly, so it was all right. How are you?!" She asked, her earlier mishap with the girl naught but an awkward memory now. Haruka seemed to be rather restless, and even someone as oblivious as Mirja could see it.
"Are you ok? Did one of the hollows hurt you? Ohh, ohh, Or does Alucard have fleas and one of them got into your uniform?" she asked both equally preposterous, but so was Mirja.

Haruka's face softened somewhat into a smile as she looked to Mirja. "That is good to hear. A broken arm is not fun at all." Speaking of lollies, Haruka unwrapped some candy and popped it into her mouth. Then she threw the packaging away.

"No, I'm not injured or anything. Just...itching to fight." she gave a small laugh. "It has been a while since I've actually fought. Today was the first day, and I didn't even get a chance to go all out." she said. "Do you want to go get registered now?"

Haruka's face softened somewhat into a smile as she looked to Mirja. "That is good to hear. A broken arm is not fun at all." Speaking of lollies, Haruka unwrapped some candy and popped it into her mouth. Then she threw the packaging away.

"No, I'm not injured or anything. Just...itching to fight." she gave a small laugh. "It has been a while since I've actually fought. Today was the first day, and I didn't even get a chance to go all out." she said. "Do you want to go get registered now?"
Mirja heard that Haruka wanted to fight, and so grinned and stuck her chest out.
"I can stay and not register for a little while longer. If you want to fight, than I am the Unbreakable Superwoman." Mirja exclaimed, obviously offering herself for a fight, and then she took a slightly more sombre tone. "Speaking of which, there is a person shaped hole in the hallway, sorry" She admitted, hanging her shamefully. "We could go register if you want, but I don't mind fighting either"

Mirja heard that Haruka wanted to fight, and so grinned and stuck her chest out.
"I can stay and not register for a little while longer. If you want to fight, than I am the Unbreakable Superwoman." Mirja exclaimed, obviously offering herself for a fight, and then she took a slightly more sombre tone. "Speaking of which, there is a person shaped hole in the hallway, sorry" She admitted, hanging her shamefully. "We could go register if you want, but I don't mind fighting either"

"I'll put in a repair order. No problem. But please, keep your fighting to the designated areas. I know...'accidents' happen, however you'll be repairing the wall next time. Ok?" she asked rhetorically.

"Let's get the paperwork done and then get you settled in. As for sparring, I'll put you with another member. I have seen a few of our squad members that need a lesson in humility. As acting Captain while Hikari is away...I'll be rectifying that." she said with a light tone.

"I'll put in a repair order. No problem. But please, keep your fighting to the designated areas. I know...'accidents' happen, however you'll be repairing the wall next time. Ok?" she asked rhetorically.

"Let's get the paperwork done and then get you settled in. As for sparring, I'll put you with another member. I have seen a few of our squad members that need a lesson in humility. As acting Captain while Hikari is away...I'll be rectifying that." she said with a light tone.
Mirja nodded at the request for restraint. She would try and restrain her breaking shit, but sometimes reflex trumped conscious thought.
"Don't know how well I'd rebuild walls, but...ok" She exclaimed, nodding, before her smile slipped off her face at the mention of paperwork. "Paperwork? But, can't we just like, throw it all into a bin and set fire to it?" She asked. The humility thing would be interesting, like she was some sort of stick to be used for Haruka's lesson, but paperwork was current, and paperwork was bad.

Shiro watched as the tiger girl ran towards him and slid between his legs so she could get to his back then she leapt up behind Shiro aiming to pierce through his back and through his heart, Shiro knew full well he didn't even have to react to this but for the sake of combat he would. By the time tiger girl was in the air Shiro had turned his body so that he blocked her attack with the rusty Zanpakuto he held in his right hand "Not bad! Going for killing blows huh? I like your style...but then again...I despise it! Where's the fun! how can you show me your strength by trying to kill me in a mere few blows? if you want to truly show me your strength then fight to kill me rather than try kill me to avoid fighting me!" Shiro then pushed her Zanpakuto away then threw his left fist towards her gut, aiming to send her flying far back. Shiro may have been the Kenpachi, a Master of Zanjutsu but this didn't mean he wouldn't use the weapons his body provided!
As expected, Shiro blocked the attack with complete ease, his speed surpassing hers immensely and his hand didn't even push back from the strike. Like all Kenpachis her father told her about they all loved battles and were excellent swordsman. "I'm a much more practical girl." This captain wasn't putting his all into his fight, but was fine with her. If he wanted to should be laying on the floor as mincemeat. The punch that flew towards her gut was going to send her flying in the air if it hit her, but she avoided it. Masami pushed down against the rusty blade with her own zanpukto with enough force to send her flying over his shoulder like a tiny cannon ball, her blade slicing against his shoulder as she flew by. As soon she hit the ground he rolled and landed back on her feet, turning to look at the captain. "W-what?" The wound that should've been on his shoulder wasn't there; not a drop of blood. The only evidence that her sword made contact was the cut cloth. "Dammit! Lick your chops, Hantahonse!" Sheathing her zanpukto back into its sheath, a gust of wind surrounded it before it dispersed, revealing a naginata.

Yu who waited for everyone to re group, nodded and looked at them all. "So.... was anyone else kind of bored with that fight, or was it just me?" Yu said, who dealt himself the most damage with his own explosion. yet he shrugged and motioned them to follow, figuring out what was the cause of the portals popping up. he and everyone else shunpoed to squad one, where Yu knocked on the door and entered once allowed. Standing in front of the desk Yu bowed slightly as he looked at Juki. "Well the portal thing was a tad surprising. We were greeted by members of hell. No joke hell, they turned to magma when they were defeated and sucked up in a portal back to hell. Thats what my guy said anyways. he said something about a he person is rising. So from what i can add up, we were attacked by some people from hell, and mine spoke about a guy arriving. I guess this guy makes them look like weaklings. Thats all I can tell you really, besides some having different abilities."
"Let's just say that he was a cocky idiot." Zheng chuckled, his arms folded that showed bruises all over them, but other than that it wasn't any bad damage. By the time they arrived back the Head Captain's office he was listening the captain's report and Shoske's report as well. As Shoske finished speaking he stepped forward and bowed his head down to the Head Captain. "I mean no disrespect sir, but I feel a tinge of doubt that you didn't know anything about this. You sent a captain, a lieutenant, and three seated shinigami in a mission that a couple of seated shinigami could investigate. Head Captain...just what is going?"

Hioshimi glanced over at Kame. She appreciated the apology, but her monotonous tone of voice when speaking of Nene and Kagiko was a sign of dishonesty. She couldn't understand why Kame was so guarded...perhaps she didn't trust Hioshimi enough to tell her?

Well, Hioshimi was not like Kame. She was gloriously open about all of her details, because having secrets meant having weaknesses. She smiled at mention of Rukongai, and as she lathered her hair, she spoke of her past. "District 12, in the North. Wasn't the truest Rukongai experience, but I lived in a family of 15 and baths were kind of cold and small."

"However, it's a sweeping statement to assume everything in the seireitei has a hidden agenda is a big claim...and a bit hypocritical; I'm you have some secrets too."

"I used to be a Plus, actually, before moving on thanks to a shinigami. It was-...I was, erh, I was murdered."

And for once, Hioshimi's bubbling happiness fizzled to a stop. Her ddemeanour became heavier, a cold grim light punctuated her words with bitterness, and there's a streak of determination within her icy violet eyes. Her spiritual pressure spiked for a moment. She stared at Kame with a hard solemnity as she went into details, "I was 19. My friend got shot - that is to say, a machine fired a ball of metal that went through skin and bone almost instantly - rright through the head. I ran to help her, the metal ball bounced off something, and severed the wires holding up a huge metal sign, crushing my skull in and breaking my body."

Hio's anger boiled down into a weariness, as she softened and brought a gentle smile to her lips again. "I'm telling you this because I don't care who knows. They need to understand what made me into what I am, and everyone I know is dead now, somewhere in Rukongai. And...I want to be honest with you, Kame. Everyone's hiding things from us, I want to give you the satisfaction of knowing that, at least, someone's open with you."

Hioshimi gestured to herself, regaining that usual bubbly attitude. She really was trying her damnedest to become friends with Kame, but...for what reason? To get a companion, or to uncover her secrets?

At first, Hio was inclined to the latter, but...she felt like they both needed a friend out here.
Kame had been right to assume Hioshimi hadn't been "born" in the Seireitei. She hadn't met anyone in these walls worth saving over even the scummiest of the Rukongai. The deep underbelly of Soul Society wasn't the sewers of the 72nd District nor its rat infested houses where the rats were the least malicious inhabitants. No, it was within these pristine white walls where the bloodiest sinners lived in luxury. The feeling she had towards Hioshimi was different, something Kame could explain now as a fellow inhabitant from the Rukongai. 12th District, 72nd District - it was all the same.

They had been chosen as inferior by the inhabitants of the Seireitei. Their lives were nothing but numbers to these people, nothing but a number on the scale they called the balance of souls. They didn't belong here. Kame simmered in the pool as she listened to her speak. It hurt a bit to be compared to the people she hated most but Kame couldn't fault her for it. It was true about her secrets. It was just hard to open to up when she'd locked herself up for five years.

Then Hioshimi began talking about her previous life in the Human World. Kame forgot her concerns for a moment as her companion talked of her friend's murder and subsequently her own death. Kame had never met anyone who actually remembered their previous life. She couldn't recollect it herself - there was only a haze. The nervousness of being handed her ticket indicating her designated district in the Rukongai. But not a blink of her human life, which was something she was grateful for upon hearing Hioshimi's story.

Had she looked like what she did now when she truly lived? If that were true, what of her own self? And her brother Eiji? They came here as children unlike Hioshimi - the implications that they'd died as children disturbed her. Kame couldn't find herself holding Hioshimi's gaze and she concentrated on the koi on her arm once again. This was a highly personal memory Hioshimi was sharing and all Kame could do was to mutter her apologies.

Kame was wrong - there wasn't anybody like Hioshimi not just in the Seireitei but in the Rukongai as well. In all her life she'd never met someone who could be so open about themselves. It was a refreshing break. However, all good things demanded a price - and in this case that price was her honesty. Kame wet her lips, dry despite the bubbling bath. "Hioshimi. I've never met anyone like you. I'm sorry for what you had to go through... and I appreciate your honesty."

Kame was stalling for time, time to think about her own morals and reluctance to open up. In the end she came up with a compromise, one that would help ease her mind and lighten her mental load. Small truths.
"Everyone is hiding things from us," she flicked at the foam before meeting her gaze, "that's true. I don't know if you'll appreciate my honesty but I guess one truth deserves another."

"You asked me earlier what I thought about Captain Kagiko and Nene Sanda, right? Well, here's what I think about them!" Kame spat over the rim of the bath, her saliva splattering onto the ground. "Here's what I think about the 12th Division!" She struck out suddenly against the surface of the water, sending the foamy liquid everywhere. She blinked as her eyes began to sting again but it was like a leak had sprung in the dam she'd kept maintained for five years. Kame didn't care.

"And the Captain Commander, the Gotei 13, the Seireitei! This place is more disgusting than the streets of the 72nd District. Just look at this place! I hate it!" Kame motioned towards the bath. "Instead of using money to help the Rukongai, they build what a bucket and a well could do. It's all a sham. They come down there to the Human Realm with their fancy Zanpakuto to perform Soul Burials. Name's fitting," Kame smiled, "since they're condemning them to their graves. They assure those souls that they'll never be hungry again. Never feel fear again. That the Soul Society is some sort of heaven! There's never been a more monstrous lie. And what do they do?"

Kame's face was flushed and her voice became a low, dangerous whisper. "They return to their cozy little homes behind these," she hit the wall behind the baths, "walls. While the Soul they 'saved' gets to live in the Rukongai. They get the privilege to fight over scraps of bread, sleep on the ground, fight with other souls." Kame laughed hollowly.

"You might've been a doctor in the Human World but once you're here you'll find a lowlife to be tucked away in the Seireitei while you waste away in the Rukongai. Oh sure, you might find a way to live. You'll be lucky if you're placed in the better districts. But none of that makes any difference, none at all! They can take your life away in an instant to preserve their precious soul balance. I should kno-" Kame cut herself off mid-sentence. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself and her voice showed it.

"What makes us Shinigami so superior over anyone in the Rukongai? Answer me that Hioshimi. The Eleventh Division? Warmongers. What makes their lives worth more than a family who's been reunited in the Rukongai? You said your friends were in the Rukongai, right? Before I became a Shinigami I was a brat getting into every single brawl I could find. What makes my life worth more than theirs? It's funny, you kill a person in the human world and you get sent to Hell when you die. You kill a person here and you're praised for keeping the balance."

"Safe? Hollows attack the Rukongai every week. Have you seen the amount of graduates that come out of the academy? The Shinigami already in the Seireitei? You could post one up in every district and still have enough to fit two in every room. But no, they only come once they've received reports of the Hollow." Though her voice still held anger in it, it was much less pronounced from before.

"I despise those born in the Seireitei. While Rukongai citizens were liable for sacrifice they were busy bringing in another soul into the world. How's that for balance." Kame spat again over the bath before leaning back to see how well Hioshimi would take her rant. She felt a overlapping feeling of guilt and relief now that her anger had been locked up once more. Kame knew she'd made some personal remarks during her rant. She wasn't even sure if she'd made sense - her words had just sort of tumbled out of her mouth. She glanced once more at Hioshimi before speaking again - this time in her monotonous tone. "I'm sorry Hioshimi. I've overstepped my boundaries. Forgive me if you can."

Reactions: Ythania and K3l
Giovanni
Gio returned to the seireitei in a bit of a daze. He wasn't anywhere near the inner circle of the Sect,so he wasn't told which leader had died or how, but he knew there were only 4. He had met one, fought along side him so he had hoped it wasn't him but he had no way of knowing. Everything was far too quiet, more than a mourning silence. What ever was going on, Gio had to stay away from it, or rather he was being kept from it. He couldn't help but imagine what was going on. Were they now fighting amongst themselves for power, or deciding the next leader and shit? If they were fighting there would be evidence, and much more talk. Gio looked around where he was walking. He didn't want to consume himself in this, because he knew it would work itself out. If they never required anything of him that would be fine, and if they did, ok. He was not so invested in them that he thought himself important. Training or a Mission would take his mind off of these things, but he didn't know if the squad 11 Lieutenant was back and really didn't feel like being shot at. He turned around and departed for the Kido corps HQ. It was a place where, usually, he found solitude. The members of the Kido corps knew where it was, the head captain and Captain Mok. But no one ever came there. Occasaionaly he would see someone there, probably in search of the same solitude but for the most part it was a secret place of silence.

Gio noted the dull aroma of the place, it had always smelled strange to him but it reminded him of Viole. Only cuz the man had mentioned the smell as his way of knowing Gio was in the Kido corps back then. Gio reached into his shihakusho and pulled out Captain Viole's book. With a heavy sigh he opened, re-reading the message inside and the one bakudo inside. Because of the Seal Mok had put on him, he hadn't been able to practice Kido in months. It was a f-cking terrible idea in Gios opinion but he dealt with it. While the seal had weakened some from him getting better at Hakuda, he focused more kido he had learned about from the archives. He wanted to wait till the seal was removed to focus on the awesome shit Viole had in the book. He refused to half ass it. Instead he spent his limited time struggling on a complicated Kido. It doubled as a energy exercise, one he taught to Sinai and Genesis though he never fully explained its point. He placed the book back in his shihakusho and held a finger up. The seal burned at his forhead as it usually did when he tried to use Kido but he ignored it and focused. The Oathbreaker Wave, as the kido was called was one of the most challenging he has ever tried, be he still loved it. It had the potential to be his Ace in the Hole, even though it was so complicated. He had to gather energy, compress it, rotate it and fire it. It required a lot of fine control. But with the seal it made it all the harder. So he focused mainly on compression. A blue light shone on the tip of his finger. Though he was putting a lot of effort and energy into it, the light never grew, which was a good sign. He pointed out at a target as if he were holding a gun as beads of sweat formed on his head. For now he skipped the rotation step, among other things, and fired the condenced kido. It was a byakurai, but it was so compact it flew like a bullet, straight through the target. Looking at his hand he noticed a burn on his finger. Instead of healing it he stuck it in his mouth and sat on the floor. To practice condensing as a form of clearing his mind of Sect related thoughts. Eventually he would go back to squad 11…..just not right this minute.

Kame had been right to assume Hioshimi hadn't been "born" in the Seireitei. She hadn't met anyone in these walls worth saving over even the scummiest of the Rukongai. The deep underbelly of Soul Society wasn't the sewers of the 72nd District nor its rat infested houses where the rats were the least malicious inhabitants. No, it was within these pristine white walls where the bloodiest sinners lived in luxury. The feeling she had towards Hioshimi was different, something Kame could explain now as a fellow inhabitant from the Rukongai. 12th District, 72nd District - it was all the same.

They had been chosen as inferior by the inhabitants of the Seireitei. Their lives were nothing but numbers to these people, nothing but a number on the scale they called the balance of souls. They didn't belong here. Kame simmered in the pool as she listened to her speak. It hurt a bit to be compared to the people she hated most but Kame couldn't fault her for it. It was true about her secrets. It was just hard to open to up when she'd locked herself up for five years.

Then Hioshimi began talking about her previous life in the Human World. Kame forgot her concerns for a moment as her companion talked of her friend's murder and subsequently her own death. Kame had never met anyone who actually remembered their previous life. She couldn't recollect it herself - there was only a haze. The nervousness of being handed her ticket indicating her designated district in the Rukongai. But not a blink of her human life, which was something she was grateful for upon hearing Hioshimi's story.

Had she looked like what she did now when she truly lived? If that were true, what of her own self? And her brother Eiji? They came here as children unlike Hioshimi - the implications that they'd died as children disturbed her. Kame couldn't find herself holding Hioshimi's gaze and she concentrated on the koi on her arm once again. This was a highly personal memory Hioshimi was sharing and all Kame could do was to mutter her apologies.

Kame was wrong - there wasn't anybody like Hioshimi not just in the Seireitei but in the Rukongai as well. In all her life she'd never met someone who could be so open about themselves. It was a refreshing break. However, all good things demanded a price - and in this case that price was her honesty. Kame wet her lips, dry despite the bubbling bath. "Hioshimi. I've never met anyone like you. I'm sorry for what you had to go through... and I appreciate your honesty."

Kame was stalling for time, time to think about her own morals and reluctance to open up. In the end she came up with a compromise, one that would help ease her mind and lighten her mental load. Small truths.
"Everyone is hiding things from us," she flicked at the foam before meeting her gaze, "that's true. I don't know if you'll appreciate my honesty but I guess one truth deserves another."

"You asked me earlier what I thought about Captain Kagiko and Nene Sanda, right? Well, here's what I think about them!" Kame spat over the rim of the bath, her saliva splattering onto the ground. "Here's what I think about the 12th Division!" She struck out suddenly against the surface of the water, sending the foamy liquid everywhere. She blinked as her eyes began to sting again but it was like a leak had sprung in the dam she'd kept maintained for five years. Kame didn't care.

"And the Captain Commander, the Gotei 13, the Seireitei! This place is more disgusting than the streets of the 72nd District. Just look at this place! I hate it!" Kame motioned towards the bath. "Instead of using money to help the Rukongai, they build what a bucket and a well could do. It's all a sham. They come down there to the Human Realm with their fancy Zanpakuto to perform Soul Burials. Name's fitting," Kame smiled, "since they're condemning them to their graves. They assure those souls that they'll never be hungry again. Never feel fear again. That the Soul Society is some sort of heaven! There's never been a more monstrous lie. And what do they do?"

Kame's face was flushed and her voice became a low, dangerous whisper. "They return to their cozy little homes behind these," she hit the wall behind the baths, "walls. While the Soul they 'saved' gets to live in the Rukongai. They get the privilege to fight over scraps of bread, sleep on the ground, fight with other souls." Kame laughed hollowly.

"You might've been a doctor in the Human World but once you're here you'll find a lowlife to be tucked away in the Seireitei while you waste away in the Rukongai. Oh sure, you might find a way to live. You'll be lucky if you're placed in the better districts. But none of that makes any difference, none at all! They can take your life away in an instant to preserve their precious soul balance. I should kno-" Kame cut herself off mid-sentence. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself and her voice showed it.

"What makes us Shinigami so superior over anyone in the Rukongai? Answer me that Hioshimi. The Eleventh Division? Warmongers. What makes their lives worth more than a family who's been reunited in the Rukongai? You said your friends were in the Rukongai, right? Before I became a Shinigami I was a brat getting into every single brawl I could find. What makes my life worth more than theirs? It's funny, you kill a person in the human world and you get sent to Hell when you die. You kill a person here and you're praised for keeping the balance."

"Safe? Hollows attack the Rukongai every week. Have you seen the amount of graduates that come out of the academy? The Shinigami already in the Seireitei? You could post one up in every district and still have enough to fit two in every room. But no, they only come once they've received reports of the Hollow." Though her voice still held anger in it, it was much less pronounced from before.

"I despise those born in the Seireitei. While Rukongai citizens were liable for sacrifice they were busy bringing in another soul into the world. How's that for balance." Kame spat again over the bath before leaning back to see how well Hioshimi would take her rant. She felt a overlapping feeling of guilt and relief now that her anger had been locked up once more. Kame knew she'd made some personal remarks during her rant. She wasn't even sure if she'd made sense - her words had just sort of tumbled out of her mouth. She glanced once more at Hioshimi before speaking again - this time in her monotonous tone. "I'm sorry Hioshimi. I've overstepped my boundaries. Forgive me if you can."

Hioshimi recoiled in shock at Kame's sudden outburst of fury. She had seen angry people, granted, but it was ever-so-slightly more disconcerting when you're naked in a bath tub with them. She wasn't expecting it, but she made an effort to listen. She hung onto every word, even went as far as trying to hinder her observation so she could focus on what Name was saying with her mouth, not her body language.

And Hioshimi saw a Rukongai girl who had been in too much strife for too long...how could someone explain imbalance? For Hioshimi, her rationality spoke out. She chose each word very carefully, her voice wobbling on the first syllable in a response to the fright; "W-we can't escape imbalance. Just because our concept of heaven was peaceful doesn't mean that the people within are peaceful too, I..."

Hioshimi faltered in an attempt to find the words...it was a bit like trying to gently tell Kame to wake up and see the truth. "The soul society, the hollows, hell, the living world...it's all connected. Shinigami kill hollows to add to the soul society and save humans, souls die and are reincarnated in the world of the living, humans who may cause a disturbance are sent to Hell; it's a machine, not a paradise. If the Rukongai are viewed as numbers then the shinigami are viewed as weapons, charged with keeping this 'soul balance' when in reality they just keep the machine running smoothly. Pick the best souls out of a million and charge them with the duty of 'protecting the soul society', not the people in it."

It was all kind of grim, coming out of Hioshimi's mouth. She continued, carefully, with a note of hope, "Problem is, people aren't meant to fit in machines. You're in squad 12, Kame! If anyone could improve the workings of the soul society, I'm certain it would be these guys. Instead of being angry at the injustice, look at the positives and find a solution."

Hioshimi stood up, her expression wearing the same excited and optimistic smile, her eyes full of life. "I'm glad we had this talk here; out of all the places in the barracks, the baths are the least likely to have cameras." She said, breaking off into a giggle at the end. "We're both very lucky to have made it this far. I have my own goals in the Seireitei, but that won't stop me from lending a hand to ensure that your own ideas are accomplished."

Hioshimi wandered to the changing rooms, but the moment the doors were shut, she mouthed a 'oh my goodness' and started to dry off. The anger in Kame's countenance...Hio was certain that if she didn't hear her views, blood would have spilt by the bucket. She had an inkling of a theory that Kame meant to infiltrate the soul society and kill it from within, and Hioshimi wouldn't let that happen. As she slipped into her uniform, Hioshimi prayed that she could talk sense into Kame before something drastic happens...until she would have to raise her blade against her friend.

Hioshimi blinked; she was surprised, she viewed Kame as a friend already. This fact unsettled her a little, for reasons she couldn't make out just yet. Her second surprise came from her Asauchi, which she could've sworn had trembled a little when she picked it up.

"A crazy sword and a new friend who wants to overthrow the seireitei..." Breathed Hioshimi silently into the folds of her robes as she pulled them on.

Something told her that she was going to have a lot of fun during her stay in squad 12.

Reactions: falk and Kurisa
Status
Not open for further replies.