Bleach: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirja nodded at the request for restraint. She would try and restrain her breaking shit, but sometimes reflex trumped conscious thought.
"Don't know how well I'd rebuild walls, but...ok" She exclaimed, nodding, before her smile slipped off her face at the mention of paperwork. "Paperwork? But, can't we just like, throw it all into a bin and set fire to it?" She asked. The humility thing would be interesting, like she was some sort of stick to be used for Haruka's lesson, but paperwork was current, and paperwork was bad.

"The uppers love their paperwork, Mirja." She says with a grunt of irritation at the thought. "We can either do the paperwork now or before dinner. Your choice." she said before she hopped over the railing.

She pointed to four shinigami, "You four. Front and center." The four looked at each other--"NOW. Everyone else clear out." Startled, those that weren't told to stay cleared the practice ring.

"What's the meaning of this, Lieutenant?" a young man asked in a haughty tone. Haruka didn't answer him right away, and instead stared him down. He met her gaze for nearly a minute before something flashed in those frozen cerulean eyes. He looked away quickly, shaken as a shiver of fear trickled down his spine.

"Lesson number one: I don't answer to any of you. I don't have to answer any questions or give any explanations. The Captain told me to treat you like family for a reason." She smirked dangerously. A murmur raised through the onlookers, for a few knew how ruthless the Katsuye family could be with their words. There was no precedent for the, arguably, strongest Katsuye heir. Her entire fighting style was a deadly mix of grace and brutality, having foregone the elegance of a blade for sheer aggression. "Rule number two: Don't challenge me. You, bitch boy." she motioned to the young man that dared to stand in her face. "You're first. Your comrades at your side are free to intervene as they please. But your ass is mine for the next hour."

"B-But--I...I am no good with hakuda!" he squeaked.

"So use your zanpakuto. Your shikai. I don't care. Your only objective: live." she said before she flash stepped. The man barely had time to pull his blade when a fist slammed into his stomach. He bent over in pain, only for two hands to grip his head. He was driven into a knee to the face then was punched with a left hook. He hit the ground, mouth and nose bleeding profusely. "Get up." she told the man. He gripped his face with a hand and struggled to his feet. Once there, his lieutenant gave no quarter. She dropped to the ground, one hand bracing her as she kicked his throat. She pivoted on her planted hand and brought the heel of her free foot in a rounded heel kick. He flew a few feet away and landed roughly on his back. "Get up." He whimpered and begged for mercy. "I said, 'Get up'." the area was silent as a grave as the bloodied man made it to his knees. He bowed his head and begged forgiveness.

"I am not the one you should be begging to. Find the young man you were sparring and beg it from him. He is your brother here. We are all on the same squad, and we will all be on the same field of battle at some point. Strength is helping your brother or sister, not undermining them to show off." she lectured everyone. "Am I clear?" The squad members answered affirmatively.

"You three " she looked over at them, her hands still a little bloody. "Are also guilty of undermining a fellow squad member. Find those you have undermined and ask forgiveness. I don't want to see that ever again. From anyone. You are all dismissed." The shinigami began to disperse while another shinigami went to help the injured one. It just so happened to be the sparring partner, which moved the injured man to tears. Haruka blew out a breath, "Mirja. To me, please."

"The uppers love their paperwork, Mirja." She says with a grunt of irritation at the thought. "We can either do the paperwork now or before dinner. Your choice." she said before she hopped over the railing.

She pointed to four shinigami, "You four. Front and center." The four looked at each other--"NOW. Everyone else clear out." Startled, those that weren't told to stay cleared the practice ring.

"What's the meaning of this, Lieutenant?" a young man asked in a haughty tone. Haruka didn't answer him right away, and instead stared him down. He met her gaze for nearly a minute before something flashed in those frozen cerulean eyes. He looked away quickly, shaken as a shiver of fear trickled down his spine.

"Lesson number one: I don't answer to any of you. I don't have to answer any questions or give any explanations. The Captain told me to treat you like family for a reason." She smirked dangerously. A murmur raised through the onlookers, for a few knew how ruthless the Katsuye family could be with their words. There was no precedent for the, arguably, strongest Katsuye heir. Her entire fighting style was a deadly mix of grace and brutality, having foregone the elegance of a blade for sheer aggression. "Rule number two: Don't challenge me. You, bitch boy." she motioned to the young man that dared to stand in her face. "You're first. Your comrades at your side are free to intervene as they please. But your ass is mine for the next hour."

"B-But--I...I am no good with hakuda!" he squeaked.

"So use your zanpakuto. Your shikai. I don't care. Your only objective: live." she said before she flash stepped. The man barely had time to pull his blade when a fist slammed into his stomach. He bent over in pain, only for two hands to grip his head. He was driven into a knee to the face then was punched with a left hook. He hit the ground, mouth and nose bleeding profusely. "Get up." she told the man. He gripped his face with a hand and struggled to his feet. Once there, his lieutenant gave no quarter. She dropped to the ground, one hand bracing her as she kicked his throat. She pivoted on her planted hand and brought the heel of her free foot in a rounded heel kick. He flew a few feet away and landed roughly on his back. "Get up." He whimpered and begged for mercy. "I said, 'Get up'." the area was silent as a grave as the bloodied man made it to his knees. He bowed his head and begged forgiveness.

"I am not the one you should be begging to. Find the young man you were sparring and beg it from him. He is your brother here. We are all on the same squad, and we will all be on the same field of battle at some point. Strength is helping your brother or sister, not undermining them to show off." she lectured everyone. "Am I clear?" The squad members answered affirmatively.

"You three " she looked over at them, her hands still a little bloody. "Are also guilty of undermining a fellow squad member. Find those you have undermined and ask forgiveness. I don't want to see that ever again. From anyone. You are all dismissed." The shinigami began to disperse while another shinigami went to help the injured one. It just so happened to be the sparring partner, which moved the injured man to tears. Haruka blew out a breath, "Mirja. To me, please."
Mirja thought for a moment, and then smiled.
"Why not after dinner? Food is always good for brain-things" she commented, before she jumped into the ring and was all scary and commandy. She told four guys to stay in the ring and told everyone to get out. One of them stared at Haruka for a minute, and Mirja began to frown as nothing happened, like they where speaking in subtle facial gestures. Then made a comment about her family, which made Mirja feel like she was in the dark about something, but she was in the dark about a lot of things. The name 'Bitch Boy' was a very amusing name for Mirja, and it suited him. Also, for some reason, the evil spookiness that Haruka was doing right now suited her. It made her look hot.

Then the fight - if such a thing could be called that - started and Bitch Boy got a swift, brutal combo and was thrown a few feet across the arena. Mirja looked to the other three, waiting for them to come in and help their friend, but they didn't move a muscle. It was an act that Mirja remembered, and so in turn she remembered their faces, for later. Turning her attention back to the fight, she saw that Haruka's meat-slab was begging for mercy, to which Haruka told him to go find the person he was sparring with and instead ask him for forgiveness. Apparently, this whole thing was a lesson on not 'undermining' people in the squad, as well as a 'We are more than a squad, we are a (happy) Family' kinda deal.

After everyone had been dismissed, Mirja came to Haruka's side, with a soft frown on her head.
"So.....what's Undermining?" She asked, the slightly worried expression made it clear that she thought she had done it to someone in the past and not known about it.

Hioshimi recoiled in shock at Kame's sudden outburst of fury. She had seen angry people, granted, but it was ever-so-slightly more disconcerting when you're naked in a bath tub with them. She wasn't expecting it, but she made an effort to listen. She hung onto every word, even went as far as trying to hinder her observation so she could focus on what Name was saying with her mouth, not her body language.

And Hioshimi saw a Rukongai girl who had been in too much strife for too long...how could someone explain imbalance? For Hioshimi, her rationality spoke out. She chose each word very carefully, her voice wobbling on the first syllable in a response to the fright; "W-we can't escape imbalance. Just because our concept of heaven was peaceful doesn't mean that the people within are peaceful too, I..."

Hioshimi faltered in an attempt to find the words...it was a bit like trying to gently tell Kame to wake up and see the truth. "The soul society, the hollows, hell, the living world...it's all connected. Shinigami kill hollows to add to the soul society and save humans, souls die and are reincarnated in the world of the living, humans who may cause a disturbance are sent to Hell; it's a machine, not a paradise. If the Rukongai are viewed as numbers then the shinigami are viewed as weapons, charged with keeping this 'soul balance' when in reality they just keep the machine running smoothly. Pick the best souls out of a million and charge them with the duty of 'protecting the soul society', not the people in it."

It was all kind of grim, coming out of Hioshimi's mouth. She continued, carefully, with a note of hope, "Problem is, people aren't meant to fit in machines. You're in squad 12, Kame! If anyone could improve the workings of the soul society, I'm certain it would be these guys. Instead of being angry at the injustice, look at the positives and find a solution."

Hioshimi stood up, her expression wearing the same excited and optimistic smile, her eyes full of life. "I'm glad we had this talk here; out of all the places in the barracks, the baths are the least likely to have cameras." She said, breaking off into a giggle at the end. "We're both very lucky to have made it this far. I have my own goals in the Seireitei, but that won't stop me from lending a hand to ensure that your own ideas are accomplished."

Hioshimi wandered to the changing rooms, but the moment the doors were shut, she mouthed a 'oh my goodness' and started to dry off. The anger in Kame's countenance...Hio was certain that if she didn't hear her views, blood would have spilt by the bucket. She had an inkling of a theory that Kame meant to infiltrate the soul society and kill it from within, and Hioshimi wouldn't let that happen. As she slipped into her uniform, Hioshimi prayed that she could talk sense into Kame before something drastic happens...until she would have to raise her blade against her friend.

Hioshimi blinked; she was surprised, she viewed Kame as a friend already. This fact unsettled her a little, for reasons she couldn't make out just yet. Her second surprise came from her Asauchi, which she could've sworn had trembled a little when she picked it up.

"A crazy sword and a new friend who wants to overthrow the seireitei..." Breathed Hioshimi silently into the folds of her robes as she pulled them on.

Something told her that she was going to have a lot of fun during her stay in squad 12.
It was what she'd heard before, just rephrased and coming out of Hioshimi's mouth instead of her instructors. Hioshimi was right - this was a machine. A terrible machine put into place by some greater being out there that served as a mockery of Heaven. And those who were didn't fit in it were crushed until they would. Hioshimi hadn't denied the injustice of the system but nor had she agreed with her views. It was frustrating, like working without being given a reward. Pick the best souls out of a million and charge them with the duty of protecting the Soul Society, not the people in it? Kame bit the inside of her mouth to stop herself from speaking out again. The salty taste of iron in her mouth reminded her of the murderers that laid within the Seireitei and still she could not see why they were considered the best.

In a world where prowess in an art that claimed other peoples' lives determined who was great and who was not, where would everyone else fit in? Families upon families, all fed lies in which they'd be allowed to reunite and live forever peacefully - where were they in the equation, the machine? Kame closed her eyes and smiled listlessly as Hioshimi went on. Unlike her, she didn't have the slightest bit of faith in the 12th Division. The people here seemed more concerned with coming up with a thousand ways to wash one's hair than come up with a solution for the Rukongai situation. Hioshimi had told her to look for a solution though, which was something Kame hadn't really thought of. She'd thought of revenge, sure. Justice, a way to give back everything she'd received from the Seireitei. Equal payment. But a solution? What positives were there? Kame thought it over as Hioshimi left the baths.

She wouldn't have put it past the 12th Division to install cameras in here but what Nene had said earlier about perverts buried that thought. Hioshimi had said she'd lend a hand for her ideas. If only Kame had told her just what those ideas were. She couldn't picture her companion having the capacity to stab Nene in the back, for an example. As soon as she heard the change-room doors slam shut however, Kame let out a breath she didn't know she'd been holding. She hadn't garnered the response she'd been expecting - no, wanting. What had she said at the end? That they'd been lucky to make it this far? "There's no such thing as luck." She murmured as she began draining the tub. Kame turned the water on to rinse off any last suds in her hair and on the floor of the bath. She spit a sticky stream of saliva and blood onto the floor, watching it mix with the water and go swirling down the drain. "Just hard work and persistence." She was drained now, just like the bath.

Kame let the water pour over her body and unexpectedly, began to feel the beginning heaves of a incoming cry. She hiccuped slightly and scrunched up her eyes to stop even a single tear from coming up. "No. No, no, no. Stop it." She shook her head wildly. Kame knew if she allowed one tear to escape her than she'd let the ones she'd been storing for five years come out as well. What was she even doing? Stuck in a strange place in the Seireitei, planning on killing members of an organization older than both her and her father combined. And on top of all that, she'd been isolated for her Academy years with no one to talk to. She missed the Rukongai, no matter how desolate it was. She missed her mother helping to wash her hair, splashing with her brother, getting into trouble for knocking over their only bucket of water - all of it, good and bad. Perhaps she could use a friend, a concept she hadn't thought of since leaving District 72 behind.

Especially in a place like the Seireitei, she'd need some good to help take the brunt of the bad. "Okay. You can do it Kame, you can do it. Okay." She breathed out slowly and turned off the water. Rivulets dripped down from her hair and down her body, leaving behind a wet trail as she stalked off to retrieve her clothes. They were dirty she realized and so Kame looked around for a towel that would do the trick. She draped the fabric around her, revealing nothing more than her legs and shoulders. "I'm going to go back Hioshimi." She sniffed. It was hard keeping her emotions at bay but she'd managed. "Whenever you're ready."

Mirja thought for a moment, and then smiled.
"Why not after dinner? Food is always good for brain-things" she commented, before she jumped into the ring and was all scary and commandy. She told four guys to stay in the ring and told everyone to get out. One of them stared at Haruka for a minute, and Mirja began to frown as nothing happened, like they where speaking in subtle facial gestures. Then made a comment about her family, which made Mirja feel like she was in the dark about something, but she was in the dark about a lot of things. The name 'Bitch Boy' was a very amusing name for Mirja, and it suited him. Also, for some reason, the evil spookiness that Haruka was doing right now suited her. It made her look hot.

Then the fight - if such a thing could be called that - started and Bitch Boy got a swift, brutal combo and was thrown a few feet across the arena. Mirja looked to the other three, waiting for them to come in and help their friend, but they didn't move a muscle. It was an act that Mirja remembered, and so in turn she remembered their faces, for later. Turning her attention back to the fight, she saw that Haruka's meat-slab was begging for mercy, to which Haruka told him to go find the person he was sparring with and instead ask him for forgiveness. Apparently, this whole thing was a lesson on not 'undermining' people in the squad, as well as a 'We are more than a squad, we are a (happy) Family' kinda deal.

After everyone had been dismissed, Mirja came to Haruka's side, with a soft frown on her head.
"So.....what's Undermining?" She asked, the slightly worried expression made it clear that she thought she had done it to someone in the past and not known about it.

With her hand still bloody she messed with Mirja's hair and gave a genuine smile. "We can do the paperwork after dinner. As for "undermining"..." she met Mirja's eyes, the gentle look returning. "It is when a fellow squadmate makes you look bad, just so they can make themselves look good. They don't do it to help you or give you pointers. It would be like...Captain Hikari challenging me to spar with only sword based shikai. As you have seen, my shikai is not a sword at all, while Hikari's shikai is a really really big sword. Plus, I'm not as good with swords as I used to be. It isn't fair because he knows these things and only wants to embarrass me in front of the squad." She explained to the recruit.

"But don't worry about it. I don't mind if you decide to spar with someone to settle a disagreement or because you want to get better. But never choose an opponent that is weaker than you just because you are stronger. You should only do that if you are training with them to help them become stronger or because they asked you to, ok?"

With her hand still bloody she messed with Mirja's hair and gave a genuine smile. "We can do the paperwork after dinner. As for "undermining"..." she met Mirja's eyes, the gentle look returning. "It is when a fellow squadmate makes you look bad, just so they can make themselves look good. They don't do it to help you or give you pointers. It would be like...Captain Hikari challenging me to spar with only sword based shikai. As you have seen, my shikai is not a sword at all, while Hikari's shikai is a really really big sword. Plus, I'm not as good with swords as I used to be. It isn't fair because he knows these things and only wants to embarrass me in front of the squad." She explained to the recruit.

"But don't worry about it. I don't mind if you decide to spar with someone to settle a disagreement or because you want to get better. But never choose an opponent that is weaker than you just because you are stronger. You should only do that if you are training with them to help them become stronger or because they asked you to, ok?"
Mirja batted the bloody hand away from her hair playfully.
"Nyeh, Blood is so hard to get out of hair" She complained, before pulling up a piece of her uniform and polishing Haruka's fist with it while listening to the explanation on undermining. She then nodded understandingly, and smiled.
'So, she undermined the guy who's blood was adorning her hands?' She asked herself, and got an agreeing growl in reply. "Right. Well, I know who I want to spar against. And I will try not to be all undermining. It's purely for reasons" she stated, grinning slightly differently now.

(sorry it took a while, was dragged to our cabin)

"Well then I guess I should finish this before it takes to long" His attention was turned to a man playing with a piece of paper, but just as he was about to ask about the long story he heard Ginko say something and it was instanly followed by shocking feeling from his leg. "You make me pay attention to something else then attack ?! Sneaky"

Gathering both his hands around the handle the blade split into two. "Join together, night and day, AkumaTenshi " the now two blades had different colors, black and white. "You might have just a blade, but I have two." He gripped the two blades firmly and heard them both whisper, one wanted to hurt, the other to save.
"Should always pay attention to a fight. The captain would scold you for that one." Ginko said as she observed him releasing his shikai followed b what she assumed was a cocky line which made her laugh. "If you think that two blades will make a difference then you got a lot to learn dude." Ginko stated before holding her left hand on her blade, letting her blood flow along the edge of it. She then arc the sword back before swinging it, sending a blood arc at him. Granted she had to make sure how much blood she was losing, cause while it did power her up, it would also kill her if she lost too much like any other person.

"Should always pay attention to a fight. The captain would scold you for that one." Ginko said as she observed him releasing his shikai followed b what she assumed was a cocky line which made her laugh. "If you think that two blades will make a difference then you got a lot to learn dude." Ginko stated before holding her left hand on her blade, letting her blood flow along the edge of it. She then arc the sword back before swinging it, sending a blood arc at him. Granted she had to make sure how much blood she was losing, cause while it did power her up, it would also kill her if she lost too much like any other person.
"Yes I know, that numbers hardly matter. It was meant more as a fact"Avoiding the blood wasn't a hard task, he dashed slightly to the side but a few drops still hit he edge of his sleeve. After taking a moment to look for an opening he shunpoed right on top of her. "Oh hey down there" He said with a smile on his face. Crossing the blades in front of himself he dived down toward Ginko, hoping she had no fancy way's to avoid him.

"Let's just say that he was a cocky idiot." Zheng chuckled, his arms folded that showed bruises all over them, but other than that it wasn't any bad damage. By the time they arrived back the Head Captain's office he was listening the captain's report and Shoske's report as well. As Shoske finished speaking he stepped forward and bowed his head down to the Head Captain. "I mean no disrespect sir, but I feel a tinge of doubt that you didn't know anything about this. You sent a captain, a lieutenant, and three seated shinigami in a mission that a couple of seated shinigami could investigate. Head Captain...just what is going?"
@zane620 @Shoske

Juki watched the small squad enter his office then listened as Yu spoke about what they dealt with, Juki's attention then turned to Zheng as he listened once again...it seemed the enemy wasn't much trouble at all and the squad seemed to have come back with hardly any wounds...something Juki took note of. This was either a good or a bad thing...good thing would be that the Squad that was put together was not only capable of taking on the enemy but more exceeded expectations...bad was that these enemies were weaker than anticipated which meant that this squad was only as strong as these supposed weak enemies. The fact that they had even suffered wounds at all from seemingly weak enemies would be worrying...however Juki hoped that this was good and not bad as he worried...capable Shinigami were on thing...Shinigami that excelled were another.

"Well then seems this mission was a good success regardless of how easy the enemy seemed to be...as for the Squad I put together, well...it was more to test a few things. To see how well Yu could do commanding a Squad formed of some Shinigami he had likely never worked with, to see how strong the Squad 11 Lieutenant and seated members roughly are...there are many other reasons why I choose you all as individuals but the main point is that you got the job done. As for what is going on...well, it was Squad 12 that picked up on this...now that we know this was some sort of portal to hell we will be able to identify one that may show up at a later date...but due to this being one we didn't know...well we had to be careful...hence why Shinigami such as yourselves were sent on such a mission. I look forward to a more detailed report, until then...you're all dismissed.."

(Captain Issued mission: Points 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected, Shiro blocked the attack with complete ease, his speed surpassing hers immensely and his hand didn't even push back from the strike. Like all Kenpachis her father told her about they all loved battles and were excellent swordsman. "I'm a much more practical girl." This captain wasn't putting his all into his fight, but was fine with her. If he wanted to should be laying on the floor as mincemeat. The punch that flew towards her gut was going to send her flying in the air if it hit her, but she avoided it. Masami pushed down against the rusty blade with her own zanpukto with enough force to send her flying over his shoulder like a tiny cannon ball, her blade slicing against his shoulder as she flew by. As soon she hit the ground he rolled and landed back on her feet, turning to look at the captain. "W-what?" The wound that should've been on his shoulder wasn't there; not a drop of blood. The only evidence that her sword made contact was the cut cloth. "Dammit! Lick your chops, Hantahonse!" Sheathing her zanpukto back into its sheath, a gust of wind surrounded it before it dispersed, revealing a naginata.
Shiro watched the tiger girl avoid his punch, she seemed rather agile...dodging attacks? Shiro wasn't such a fan of this but regardless...it all depended on her fighting style, this may well make an interesting fight...it also may make a boring one. Shiro watched as tiger girl then flipped over his shoulder, her blade slicing his shoulder yet not going through it...hell...not even leaving a mark, the only thing she tore was his uniform which in itself was already torn to bits. Shiro turned to look at her, a small grin on his face as he then slashed the Zanpakuto at the ground cutting into it before raising the sword back up so that it was held infront of him with one hand "Ah a Shikai huh? not bad...I'm interested to see just what you can do with it! now come at me with all you got!"

@zane620 @Shoske

Juki watched the small squad enter his office then listened as Yu spoke about what they dealt with, Juki's attention then turned to Zheng as he listened once again...it seemed the enemy wasn't much trouble at all and the squad seemed to have come back with hardly any wounds...something Juki took note of. This was either a good or a bad thing...good thing would be that the Squad that was put together was not only capable of taking on the enemy but more exceeded expectations...bad was that these enemies were weaker than anticipated which meant that this squad was only as strong as these supposed weak enemies. The fact that they had even suffered wounds at all from seemingly weak enemies would be worrying...however Juki hoped that this was good and not bad as he worried...capable Shinigami were on thing...Shinigami that excelled were another.

"Well then seems this mission was a good success regardless of how easy the enemy seemed to be...as for the Squad I put together, well...it was more to test a few things. To see how well Yu could do commanding a Squad formed of some Shinigami he had likely never worked with, to see how strong the Squad 11 Lieutenant and seated members roughly are...there are many other reasons why I choose you all as individuals but the main point is that you got the job done. As for what is going on...well, it was Squad 12 that picked up on this...now that we know this was some sort of portal to hell we will be able to identify one that may show up at a later date...but due to this being one we didn't know...well we had to be careful...hence why Shinigami such as yourselves were sent on such a mission. I look forward to a more detailed report, until then...you're all dismissed.."
"Yes sir." At his command he walked out of the office and made his way back to his barracks. Even after the Head Captain's explanation he still felt a strong tinge of doubt at his words. It's not that he didn't trust the Head Captain, heck he admired him as a powerful shinigami and as a leader, but it still seemed so strange to him. Sure it made sense to test captain Yu's abilities with working with shinigami outside his squad and to see their strength...but it just felt odd that he would even think of taking such a precaution. "Argh, I'm delving too much into this!" He gripped his head feeling a headache come by. It wasn't long before he arrived back at his barracks and found that his squad mates were resting and socializing. Zheng smiled at this and joined a group of shinigami with a smile on his face, entering the conversation.

Shiro watched the tiger girl avoid his punch, she seemed rather agile...dodging attacks? Shiro wasn't such a fan of this but regardless...it all depended on her fighting style, this may well make an interesting fight...it also may make a boring one. Shiro watched as tiger girl then flipped over his shoulder, her blade slicing his shoulder yet not going through it...hell...not even leaving a mark, the only thing she tore was his uniform which in itself was already torn to bits. Shiro turned to look at her, a small grin on his face as he then slashed the Zanpakuto at the ground cutting into it before raising the sword back up so that it was held infront of him with one hand "Ah a Shikai huh? not bad...I'm interested to see just what you can do with it! now come at me with all you got!"
Unlike this big brute of a captain that could probably survive getting hit by a train and walk away without a scratch she was a small, delicate girl that wouldn't be able to take too many senseless blows from this behemoth. "This is crazy...so this is the gap between a captain and me." Masami muttered to herself, gripping the pole arm tightly. It was one thing to be sparring against another student in the academy, but another when facing a captain. She lacked the power, the skill, and experience that these kind of veteran shinigami possessed. Even when she landed a blow her zanpukto wasn't even able to leave a scratch, not even a scratch for crying out loud! Her zanpukto's form normally would give her an advantage in a spar due to its length though it is now worthless against this man. Masami rushed towards Shiro and performed an overhead slash with the naginata while thrusting it out, giving her slash more reach.

"Yes I know, that numbers hardly matter. It was meant more as a fact"Avoiding the blood wasn't a hard task, he dashed slightly to the side but a few drops still hit he edge of his sleeve. After taking a moment to look for an opening he shunpoed right on top of her. "Oh hey down there" He said with a smile on his face. Crossing the blades in front of himself he dived down toward Ginko, hoping she had no fancy way's to avoid him.
Yu took note that this seemed more like a trial for him than it was to figure out what was going on. Yu however just nodded as he took his leave going back to his squad where he saw Ginko sparring against someone, although he didn't do things very brightly, as he witnessed him trying a simple strike from above which Ginko shunpoed away from and looked at her hand before sealing the zanpakuto. "Sorry, can't bleed too much, don't want to die no-" She said before her arm got wrapped by Fuma, which made her sigh as she looked at Suzzio. "He also does this." She spoke before being dragged away by Fuma, while Yu however appeared in front of Suzzio. "So, who are you and why are you here?"

Sinai
After parting ways with Genesis. Sinai returned to her room in the squad two barracks. Between rough drafts of reports, poetry and her drawings there was enough paper in her room to fill a text book. On her ceiling was a picture she drew a couple months ago of a mask made of butterflies. An artistic reminder that her goal was onmitsukido. One day her hakuda would be good enough to qualify her for the ranks of the squad 2 elite. She had made marginal progress toward that goal but as always she was willing to work for it. She rummaged through her pile of poetry, speed skiming in search of a certain piece she remembered writing. When she thought she founded she stoped and read the whole thing. But sighed when she realized it wasn't the one she thought it was. After going through the pile twice she looked through her report rough drafts, if it wasn't in that pile it had to be in the other. She kept copies of her reports, mostly just to remember them all. Most of her missions were super small, except for that one with Haruka and Alucard. That blew out of proportion real quick. She looked over the report for that mission for nostalgia sake but put it down and kept searching. When she didn't find it in that pile she took a few blank pieces of paper and left her room. She headed outside and up her tree and tried to remember the words she thought she remembered. "what is the difference between a caterpillar and a phoenix? At the the end of each's life it builds a space. A caterpillar a cocoon a phoenix a nest. The cacoon hides the transformation, the nest is apart of the transformation as it burns to ash. But from both new life springs, capable of soaring into the sky. The difference…. Once the butterfy dies, its dead. The phoenix lives again…

Yu took note that this seemed more like a trial for him than it was to figure out what was going on. Yu however just nodded as he took his leave going back to his squad where he saw Ginko sparring against someone, although he didn't do things very brightly, as he witnessed him trying a simple strike from above which Ginko shunpoed away from and looked at her hand before sealing the zanpakuto. "Sorry, can't bleed too much, don't want to die no-" She said before her arm got wrapped by Fuma, which made her sigh as she looked at Suzzio. "He also does this." She spoke before being dragged away by Fuma, while Yu however appeared in front of Suzzio. "So, who are you and why are you here?"
A little baffled by everything that happened he stood there a moment before answering the man "Im...Suzzio. Im here to join squad 3. I presume you might be the captain" It was more a statement the a question, but he himself stood there like a big question-mark. He sealed his zanpakuto and the two reformed back into one.

In her quarters, Nadameru prepared for her first official day as a Shinigami. She had succeeded through the academy in good time, she had even managed to speak with her Zanpakutō spirit before being seated: but things had developed at a…troubling pace. Even though she was already beginning to communicate with Shizukana Kōu, the spirit seemed more…annoyed at her than anything. She had started to pluck at the very edges of the vast tapestry that was her Zanpakutō's power, and yet it seemed that she met nothing but resistance.

She stood in front of a full length mirror, Shihakushō covering her body in the familiar black of the Shinigami. There was only one thing missing from the image: Her sword. The weapon was resting on her bed, and Nadameru was staring down at the sealed Zanpakutō, still in its scabbard. She could feel the disapproval of the spirit inside, and she could do nought but pout in mild annoyance. "Why don't you accept me, Shi-Shi?"

The spirit of the blade remained silent, and Nadameru puffed out her cheeks in a moment of almost childish annoyance. Deciding that she'd wasted enough time on her stubborn sword, Nadameru reached past the sword and gripped the sash her mother had gifted her. It was a beautiful thing and she doubted her worthy-ness of the gift. She tied the sash around her waist, and then hung her Zanpakutō from it. As she glanced at the mirror, she couldn't stop a broad grin from forming on her lips. "Here it is then. I guess I'm officially a Shinigami now. At least I look the part!"

She pushed open the door to her quarters, only to discover a woman waiting outside of the room. She was a broad figure, who had arms as big as pillars and a wide frame hidden behind baggy clothing. It was impossible to tell if fat or muscle lay underneath those folds of fabric, but if the arms were anything to go by, the woman was a terrifying one. "So then, my daughter is finally going out to the big bad world of the Gotei 13, huh?"

Nadameru could only offer a sheepish grin. She knew her mother didn't really approve of the dangerous career. After all, the Kuchiki clan could always use more craftswomen and lore keepers: at least according to her. "Oh come on, it's hardly that dangerous. I'll just fight the odd Hollow or two, but I'll mostly just be bringing spirits back." She laughed nervously, trying to persuade herself of her own conviction.

After an awkward moment of silence, Nittoyoko reached down and pulled her daughter into a big, powerful hug. The young Shinigami's legs flailed helplessly in the air as she was hoisted into the air and nearly crushed. Nittoyoko spoke out in a quiet voice, contrasting the strength of the woman or her vice-like grip. "I'm proud of you, Nadameru. So is your father."

Nadameru was finally put down, and her smile became more genuine and almost teary. "Thanks. That means a lot." She wiped her left eye of a single tear, before straightening up. "But I've got no time to waste! I've got to go enrol into a squad."

Nittoyoko smiled and placed her hands on her hip. "And which squad do you have in mind?"

Nadameru shrugged as she walked towards the nearest exit. "I dunno. I'll probably ask cousin Kurisu for his advice."

Nittoyoko let her smile fade a little as she looked at her quickly vanishing daughter. "That is Captain Kurisu to you! He's your clan head and he outranks you. Show him the respect he deserves."

Nadameru laughs nervously, before quickly vanishing out of the window and Shunpo-ing through Rukongai and towards Seireitei. She was moving towards the general direction of the Sixth Division barracks. After all, where else would her cousin be? If he wasn't there, someone was bound to know, after all.

Unlike this big brute of a captain that could probably survive getting hit by a train and walk away without a scratch she was a small, delicate girl that wouldn't be able to take too many senseless blows from this behemoth. "This is crazy...so this is the gap between a captain and me." Masami muttered to herself, gripping the pole arm tightly. It was one thing to be sparring against another student in the academy, but another when facing a captain. She lacked the power, the skill, and experience that these kind of veteran shinigami possessed. Even when she landed a blow her zanpukto wasn't even able to leave a scratch, not even a scratch for crying out loud! Her zanpukto's form normally would give her an advantage in a spar due to its length though it is now worthless against this man. Masami rushed towards Shiro and performed an overhead slash with the naginata while thrusting it out, giving her slash more reach.
Shiro watched tiger girl mutter something to herself before she finally ran towards him to fight, this caused Shiro to grin as he watched her then try slash at Shiro with her Shikai. Shiro observed the form of her Shikai as it got closer to him, he then took in a deep breath before slashing up at her Shikai to force it back into the air then he gripped the rusty Zanpakuto with both hands as he would then aim to slash down at her yet stop a few center meters away from her "I admire your guts but you've got to do better if you want your Shikai's blade to get near me!"

Sinai
After parting ways with Genesis. Sinai returned to her room in the squad two barracks. Between rough drafts of reports, poetry and her drawings there was enough paper in her room to fill a text book. On her ceiling was a picture she drew a couple months ago of a mask made of butterflies. An artistic reminder that her goal was onmitsukido. One day her hakuda would be good enough to qualify her for the ranks of the squad 2 elite. She had made marginal progress toward that goal but as always she was willing to work for it. She rummaged through her pile of poetry, speed skiming in search of a certain piece she remembered writing. When she thought she founded she stoped and read the whole thing. But sighed when she realized it wasn't the one she thought it was. After going through the pile twice she looked through her report rough drafts, if it wasn't in that pile it had to be in the other. She kept copies of her reports, mostly just to remember them all. Most of her missions were super small, except for that one with Haruka and Alucard. That blew out of proportion real quick. She looked over the report for that mission for nostalgia sake but put it down and kept searching. When she didn't find it in that pile she took a few blank pieces of paper and left her room. She headed outside and up her tree and tried to remember the words she thought she remembered. "what is the difference between a caterpillar and a phoenix? At the the end of each's life it builds a space. A caterpillar a cocoon a phoenix a nest. The cacoon hides the transformation, the nest is apart of the transformation as it burns to ash. But from both new life springs, capable of soaring into the sky. The difference…. Once the butterfy dies, its dead. The phoenix lives again…
Kaizo had decided to check up on some of his Squad after being buried in mass amounts of paperwork due to Rio gaining a Captain position, he was glad she had gotten further and finally got to lead her own Squad, it was just a shame he wouldn't see her as much due to this...and now there was more paperwork which made things frustrating. As Kaizo walked through the barracks he noticed a few Shinigami training and sparring eachother...something he was glad they were doing. It did remind him however that he would have to get a bit more hands on with this Squad than before...he had been slacking for awhile now and so he'd have to change that.

Kaizo soon found himself outside in the garden area of Squad 2 and immediately he caught glance of one of the Shinigami within his Squad sitting in a tree, it'd be foolish of him to jump to conclusions of them being lazy and not training, after all they may have just finished. "Hey! What you doing up there? I hope you aren't slacking...after all if that's the case then I'm going to have to drag you into training with the rest of the Squad!"

In her quarters, Nadameru prepared for her first official day as a Shinigami. She had succeeded through the academy in good time, she had even managed to speak with her Zanpakutō spirit before being seated: but things had developed at a…troubling pace. Even though she was already beginning to communicate with Shizukana Kōu, the spirit seemed more…annoyed at her than anything. She had started to pluck at the very edges of the vast tapestry that was her Zanpakutō's power, and yet it seemed that she met nothing but resistance.

She stood in front of a full length mirror, Shihakushō covering her body in the familiar black of the Shinigami. There was only one thing missing from the image: Her sword. The weapon was resting on her bed, and Nadameru was staring down at the sealed Zanpakutō, still in its scabbard. She could feel the disapproval of the spirit inside, and she could do nought but pout in mild annoyance. "Why don't you accept me, Shi-Shi?"

The spirit of the blade remained silent, and Nadameru puffed out her cheeks in a moment of almost childish annoyance. Deciding that she'd wasted enough time on her stubborn sword, Nadameru reached past the sword and gripped the sash her mother had gifted her. It was a beautiful thing and she doubted her worthy-ness of the gift. She tied the sash around her waist, and then hung her Zanpakutō from it. As she glanced at the mirror, she couldn't stop a broad grin from forming on her lips. "Here it is then. I guess I'm officially a Shinigami now. At least I look the part!"

She pushed open the door to her quarters, only to discover a woman waiting outside of the room. She was a broad figure, who had arms as big as pillars and a wide frame hidden behind baggy clothing. It was impossible to tell if fat or muscle lay underneath those folds of fabric, but if the arms were anything to go by, the woman was a terrifying one. "So then, my daughter is finally going out to the big bad world of the Gotei 13, huh?"

Nadameru could only offer a sheepish grin. She knew her mother didn't really approve of the dangerous career. After all, the Kuchiki clan could always use more craftswomen and lore keepers: at least according to her. "Oh come on, it's hardly that dangerous. I'll just fight the odd Hollow or two, but I'll mostly just be bringing spirits back." She laughed nervously, trying to persuade herself of her own conviction.

After an awkward moment of silence, Nittoyoko reached down and pulled her daughter into a big, powerful hug. The young Shinigami's legs flailed helplessly in the air as she was hoisted into the air and nearly crushed. Nittoyoko spoke out in a quiet voice, contrasting the strength of the woman or her vice-like grip. "I'm proud of you, Nadameru. So is your father."

Nadameru was finally put down, and her smile became more genuine and almost teary. "Thanks. That means a lot." She wiped her left eye of a single tear, before straightening up. "But I've got no time to waste! I've got to go enrol into a squad."

Nittoyoko smiled and placed her hands on her hip. "And which squad do you have in mind?"

Nadameru shrugged as she walked towards the nearest exit. "I dunno. I'll probably ask cousin Kurisu for his advice."

Nittoyoko let her smile fade a little as she looked at her quickly vanishing daughter. "That is Captain Kurisu to you! He's your clan head and he outranks you. Show him the respect he deserves."

Nadameru laughs nervously, before quickly vanishing out of the window and Shunpo-ing through Rukongai and towards Seireitei. She was moving towards the general direction of the Sixth Division barracks. After all, where else would her cousin be? If he wasn't there, someone was bound to know, after all.
Kurisu stood in the halls of the Squad 6 barracks talking to one of the unseated members of his Squad after they had failed to capture one of the more petty criminals within the actual Seireitei "What the hell do you mean he got away?! How useless are you? This is the 6th Division and within this division failure is not acceptable! You succeed with your mission or you die trying to succeed! Tch! I can't have Shinigami such as yourself within this Squad...you may have made it in by the skin of your teeth but you have failed to live up to the basic set standard I have for this Squad! my father would have you executed for such a failure...be grateful you get to keep your life! Now get out of my sight before I change my mind!" The Shinigami then bowed and quickly ran off. Kurisu then rubbed the back of his head and closed his eyes sighing "How did you manage it father? dealing with such idiotic Shinigami?...it's beyond me...but I'm still the Captain of this Squad regardless...I have a job to do..."

Shiro watched tiger girl mutter something to herself before she finally ran towards him to fight, this caused Shiro to grin as he watched her then try slash at Shiro with her Shikai. Shiro observed the form of her Shikai as it got closer to him, he then took in a deep breath before slashing up at her Shikai to force it back into the air then he gripped the rusty Zanpakuto with both hands as he would then aim to slash down at her yet stop a few center meters away from her "I admire your guts but you've got to do better if you want your Shikai's blade to get near me!"
Dammit her attack was countered so easily! Then again such a straightforward attack could've been blocked by just about anyone if they had the basic skills to block such a strike. Her zanpukto was pushed into the air, her arms tried to pull it back down before Shiro's attack would come down at her only to stop a few centimeters from her face. For most people they would've saw their life flash before their eyes in this predicament, but not her. She faced death with a scowl and growled at the captain with defiance gleaming in her eyes. "Eat shit!" She wacked the sword away from for face with a right side slash from the zanpukto. "Split!" As she swung her weapon to push the rusty weapon away from her face, the staff separated into three parts with a chain connecting them. The blunt, wooden end of the zanpukto flew up towards the captain's face, swinging towards his jaw.

Kaizo had decided to check up on some of his Squad after being in mass amounts of due to Rio gaining a Captain position, he was glad she had gotten further and finally got to lead her own Squad, it was just a shame he wouldn't see her as much due to this...and now there was more paperwork which made things frustrating. As Kaizo walked through the barracks he noticed a few Shinigami training and sparring eachother...something he was glad they were doing. It did remind him however that he would have to get a bit more hands on with this Squad than before...he had been slacking for awhile now and so he'd have to change that.

Kaizo soon found himself outside in the garden area of Squad 2 and immediately he caught glance of one of the Shinigami within his Squad sitting in a tree, it'd be foolish of him to jump to conclusions of them being lazy and not training, after all they may have just finished. "Hey! What you doing up there? I hope you aren't slacking...after all if that's the case then I'm going to have to drag you into training with the rest of the Squad!"
Sinai
As Sinai was writing in her tree she had begun to doze of when a vaguely familiar voice demanded her attention. She looked down curiously to see her captain. "Oh hello Captain." Sinai greeted him before rolling out of the tree and landing Gracefully on the ground. "Actually me and a friend were training but something happened with her...and hollows came...and we killed them and came home... you probably don't care about all that. But um. no Sir, I'm not slacking. only breaking. " As she spoke she folded the paper she was writing on. She Figured him being here meant he might have gotten the message/note she had left for him earlier. "I had actualy been hoping to speak with you Sir, about my training" just as she had sent Genesis to Rio she wand wanted to train under Kaizo, in any capacity. after all onmitsukido was her goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.