Bleach: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nadameru smiles at the introduction, feeling a niggling feeling of...something. She thought she recognised the name, but she couldn't remember where from. "Well, Shizukana Kōu is all about water. I might have accidentally pissed him off, so I'm taking him to have a bath before we do some Jinzen."

She pauses for a second, wondering if she should bother to communicate with Shizukana Kōu yet. How long would be long enough? "What about you? Just coming in for a nice soak?"

"Haha, something like that. Broke a few ribs, so I'm supposed to be on bedrest." she groaned in mock irritation. "But I got so bored. So, I came here for a soak. I figured it'd do my ribs some good after that healing session." She said then rubbed her chin.

"If you don't mind my asking, how did you piss him off?"

Mirja blinked a few times as she found herself in a shaft of light. She knew where it was, and knew that the shaft of light was going to be there - even if it was slightly bigger than the last time she had seen it - but it still caught her off guard every time.
"Greetings" came a deep, rumbling voice from the darkness. It had scared her at the start, but she was used to it now.
"Hey Tiny. How are ya?" She replied, giggling softly to herself as she heard the confused noise come from her spirit.
"Tiny....?" it asked, unsure how to feel about this new name.
"Well, your really huge, and I don't know your proper name, so I decided to call you Tiny" She explained.
"I tell you my name every time you come here. It is ---". The name, as usual, seemed to crackle and distort until Mirja couldn't make heads or tails of it.
"Well, crackle is not a very good name. So, I'm going to run really quickly around until I bash into you, and then I can get a good image of what you look like" Mirja exclaimed, lowering her body and tensing her legs.
"Your brain follows no train of thought, does it?" Tiny asked, with a rumbling that might have been a laugh.
"Nope!" Mirja replied, before shooting off into the darkness. She didn't hit anything however, and so stopped and frowned.
"Your plan revolves around the idea that I won't move" Tiny replied, from behind Mirja. The realization made Mirja sigh in defeat and nod, before trudging back to the shaft of light. "So, I saw your fight with the Hollows. It was....interesting. Your arms are certainly worthy of me, by your mind needs a bit of work. Your style of 'punch them till they stop moving' won't work very well" Tiny commented, with a touch of teasing.
"Well sorry for not being a Master of Woopow." Mirja replied, pouting.
"You will get there eventually. No one becomes a hero over night. It is worked at for many days" Tiny advised.
"Yush. I shall work on my punchy technique, so you don't laugh at me when I next come in. Harula could probably help there" she mused.
"Ahh, Haruka. That woman is interesting, from what I have seen. Keep her as a friend though, I would hate to go against her on the field" Tiny replied.
"Speaking of Haruka, I should probably go see what she is up to. Breakfast was at 6am, and I don't know what the time was when I came here. See you later Tiny!" She said, leaving her inner world and returning to the real one. "Lets, go get some food" Mirja muttered to herself, heading to the mess hall, and making sure not to put anyone else through walls.

"Haha, something like that. Broke a few ribs, so I'm supposed to be on bedrest." she groaned in mock irritation. "But I got so bored. So, I came here for a soak. I figured it'd do my ribs some good after that healing session." She said then rubbed her chin.

"If you don't mind my asking, how did you piss him off?"
She sort of stared a bit wide eyed for a moment as the breaking of ribs was so casually passed over, like it was nothing. "Huh...um, I was sparring with my Co...aptain, and I just used my Shikai, and the fight was starting to get a bit intense. Then, my captain and I agreed to stop there, and Koi took offence to that. He is...stubborn. No, that isn't fair. He wants me to get stronger, so I understand that, but he is such a grumpy spirit sometimes, that getting on with him is just...you know? Like you're slamming your head against a brick wall?"

She chuckled a little, before facing the other woman. "What about you? You musta been fighting something pretty toughto break your ribs."

She sort of stared a bit wide eyed for a moment as the breaking of ribs was so casually passed over, like it was nothing. "Huh...um, I was sparring with my Co...aptain, and I just used my Shikai, and the fight was starting to get a bit intense. Then, my captain and I agreed to stop there, and Koi took offence to that. He is...stubborn. No, that isn't fair. He wants me to get stronger, so I understand that, but he is such a grumpy spirit sometimes, that getting on with him is just...you know? Like you're slamming your head against a brick wall?"

She chuckled a little, before facing the other woman. "What about you? You musta been fighting something pretty toughto break your ribs."

"I see." She chuckled a little bit at the young woman's story. She shifted in the water before reaching for one of the nearby towels. She wet one up then put it on her head.

"I was searching for my Captain with my dog, Alucard. We happened across a Gillian. I couldn't leave it there, since it was close to everything else." she sighed. It threw me into a house then kicked me through a couple of trees. Like seven I think. Then one didn't want to break. I hit it on my side, which led to the broken ribs."

"I see." She chuckled a little bit at the young woman's story. She shifted in the water before reaching for one of the nearby towels. She wet one up then put it on her head.

"I was searching for my Captain with my dog, Alucard. We happened across a Gillian. I couldn't leave it there, since it was close to everything else." she sighed. It threw me into a house then kicked me through a couple of trees. Like seven I think. Then one didn't want to break. I hit it on my side, which led to the broken ribs."
The talk of her battle with a Gillian left her wide eyed and awe-struck. Weren't Gillians meant to be left to captains? Who the hell was she sharing a bath with right now?! "Holy crap. I wouldn't stand a chance against a Gillian. I'd be like...a little Kuchicookie if I had to fight one of those things. Seriously, that is cool!" Nadameru had a little glint of excitement now, as she looked up at Haruka, it was a newfound respect, so to speak. "Aww man, I kinda want to spar with you now. We should have a spar some other day. It'd be fun! I bet it would make Shizukana Kōu happy too."

The talk of her battle with a Gillian left her wide eyed and awe-struck. Weren't Gillians meant to be left to captains? Who the hell was she sharing a bath with right now?! "Holy crap. I wouldn't stand a chance against a Gillian. I'd be like...a little Kuchicookie if I had to fight one of those things. Seriously, that is cool!" Nadameru had a little glint of excitement now, as she looked up at Haruka, it was a newfound respect, so to speak. "Aww man, I kinda want to spar with you now. We should have a spar some other day. It'd be fun! I bet it would make Shizukana Kōu happy too."

"Well, if you come by the Squad Ten barracks when I am healthy, I'll be glad to spar with you." she said with a blush. "'Kuchicookie'. That's cute." She chuckled then closed her eyes.

"So you're part of Tenth squad, huh? That's pretty cool. I thought about joining you guys, as well. Heh, you could have been my senior, and everything." She smiles, before sinking into the water slowly, soaking everything below her chin. Feeling the heat of the water against her was nice, and she was so absorbed in the comfort of it all that she didn't even notice the blush. "I'll definitely take you up on that offer though. I need to get strong fast, or I'll get abandoned by Cousin Kurisu."

"So you're part of Tenth squad, huh? That's pretty cool. I thought about joining you guys, as well. Heh, you could have been my senior, and everything." She smiles, before sinking into the water slowly, soaking everything below her chin. Feeling the heat of the water against her was nice, and she was so absorbed in the comfort of it all that she didn't even notice the blush. "I'll definitely take you up on that offer though. I need to get strong fast, or I'll get abandoned by Cousin Kurisu."

"Ah, that's why your name sounds familiar." Haruka said after subtly clearing her throat. She raised her left arm up to stretch out her chest and ribs.

"Yep. The Tenth Squad is my home. If you like it, you can always transfer in." She joked before she began to stretch her right side.

"I'm not sure which squad I should really be in, honestly. I just joined Sixth Squad because cousin is there, and he wouldn't mind if I transfered later. He kinda spoils me, really." she giggled slightly at that, already aware that her cousin was the doting sort, at least to her. "I wondered if it was really fair to be in a squad my cousin runs. I'm afraid of being seen as being favoured or something. If I ever thought it would happen, I would request a transfer, Y'know?"

She pauses, before blushing mildly. "Sorry, I'm probably ruining your relaxation time. I'll shut up now."

"I'm not sure which squad I should really be in, honestly. I just joined Sixth Squad because cousin is there, and he wouldn't mind if I transfered later. He kinda spoils me, really." she giggled slightly at that, already aware that her cousin was the doting sort, at least to her. "I wondered if it was really fair to be in a squad my cousin runs. I'm afraid of being seen as being favoured or something. If I ever thought it would happen, I would request a transfer, Y'know?"

She pauses, before blushing mildly. "Sorry, I'm probably ruining your relaxation time. I'll shut up now."

"No, it is fine. I rarely get to spend time with other people." She said. "If it isn't paperwork, it's those damned fan girls of Hikari's that keep me busy." she said then looked at the young woman.

"Aside from being spoiled, are you happy there? Are you growing?"

"No, it is fine. I rarely get to spend time with other people." She said. "If it isn't paperwork, it's those damned fan girls of Hikari's that keep me busy." she said then looked at the young woman.

"Aside from being spoiled, are you happy there? Are you growing?"
She paused for a second, considering the words she just said. "Oh god, you're the lieutenant, aren't you?" She laughed a little, surprised she'd only just figured it out and annoyed she'd forgotten the name of a lieutenant! She had studied that before, and she'd already forgotten? It made her seem so...silly. "I'll be honest, I only just joined the squad today. I graduated recently, and today was my first day hunting for a squad. I was the best in my class, but I never really knew where to go. Everyone below me knew what they had planned. I think I've got a chance to grow in squad six...I doubt Cousin Kurisu would let me slip up and slack off. He's not that sort of guy."

She paused for a second, considering the words she just said. "Oh god, you're the lieutenant, aren't you?" She laughed a little, surprised she'd only just figured it out and annoyed she'd forgotten the name of a lieutenant! She had studied that before, and she'd already forgotten? It made her seem so...silly. "I'll be honest, I only just joined the squad today. I graduated recently, and today was my first day hunting for a squad. I was the best in my class, but I never really knew where to go. Everyone below me knew what they had planned. I think I've got a chance to grow in squad six...I doubt Cousin Kurisu would let me slip up and slack off. He's not that sort of guy."

The young woman shifted to pull herself out of the water. She sat on a towel on the edge of the spa, but left her legs in the water. She seemed unconcerned about her nakedness.

"I am the Lieutenant." She confirmed. "As for knowing what you're doing, I was the sane way. Granted, I wasn't the best in my class. But I didn't know what to do. Should I marry as my family has been demanding? Should I join a Squad? Which one would I fit? Fought questions. Maybe one day, while you're training or something, the answer will hit ya."

She chuckled a little as she looked at the lieutenant. She seemed equally unphased by her nude state. "Huh, that sounds...far too familiar. Mine was less pressure to 'marry well' and more 'do what we did for the last four generations' from my parents. I joined a squad though, because I thought I'd enjoy it more. In truth, i'm pretty sure I made the right choice, but I worry that my parents will get annoyed for it." She blows into the water, little ripples forming over the path of her breath.

"I'm curious. What kinda stuff does squad 10 do? I know that Squad six looks after stuff like crime and punishment, but what about your squad?"

"Well...Squad 10 works something like a planning squad. While Squad 11 is more about fighting, we are somewhat similar. Only instead, we are much more varied and focus on controlling the field of battle. Should a war break out, Squad 10 will be there with a battle plan." She answered honestly. "We train and learn constantly, and do our best to make our shinigami feel like comrades. Even our leadership is varied. I specialize in Hakuda. So much so that Yuurei Mamoru's shikai are cestus, weapons that are meant to be used exclusively for hand to hand combat. Hikari is a master swordman and is damn good at Hakuda himself. We both are damn good with Hoho, but I use Kido waaaay more effectively." She shrugged. "We're a squad that works better in a partnership of some sort. Alone we're formidable. Together, we're deadly." Haruka kicked her legs gently in the water.

"And...as long as you are happy with your life now, you have made the best choice for yourself." she said with a wide smile.

"I can't really complain much. Not really. I get to meet nice people, and I get to be a Shinigami, and I've already got my Shikai. Some seated officers don't have a Shikai, so I know I'm super lucky to have Koi." She lifts herself up the edge of the spa, sitting on the edge of the Spa as she takes a moment to ponder something. She wrapped a towel around her lower half, before speaking up to the Lieutenant. "How long did it take you to get to Lieutenant?"

"I can't really complain much. Not really. I get to meet nice people, and I get to be a Shinigami, and I've already got my Shikai. Some seated officers don't have a Shikai, so I know I'm super lucky to have Koi." She lifts herself up the edge of the spa, sitting on the edge of the Spa as she takes a moment to ponder something. She wrapped a towel around her lower half, before speaking up to the Lieutenant. "How long did it take you to get to Lieutenant?"

"Good. As I say, "Live your life so you have no regrets". She stood up then wrapped her own towel around herself. "Um...I think it was four or five months. But my Squad didn't have a permanent Captain. But Tabo and Hikari spent three months training me intensely for the position." she answered honestly.

Nadameru listened with a genuine interest, before she nodded. "Then that'll be my goal. I've decided I'm gunna beat you. I'm gunna make Lieutenant in four months. That'll be my goal!" She stood up suddenly, feeling pumped up by the idea. She felt like the whole idea of being a Lieutenant was a new goal: an objective that she'd never had before. "Although, It'd help if you help me break your record. Is...that okay?"

Nadameru listened with a genuine interest, before she nodded. "Then that'll be my goal. I've decided I'm gunna beat you. I'm gunna make Lieutenant in four months. That'll be my goal!" She stood up suddenly, feeling pumped up by the idea. She felt like the whole idea of being a Lieutenant was a new goal: an objective that she'd never had before. "Although, It'd help if you help me break your record. Is...that okay?"

The woman laughed softly, "That is a good idea. I'll help you as much as I can to help you reach your newly found goal." she said with a wide smile. She appreciated the drive she saw in the young woman.

Giovanni/Sinai
Giovanni/Sinai
"So let me explain to you what is going on." Saiyuki started explaining as Gio and Sinai dropped to the ground and were forced to get used to the sudden abundance of light "There are two forces at play. One, we are in is within a barrier. This barrier is within another barrier, that is within another barrier. Each of the barriers are time-space manipulating barriers. Kido that would be forbidden by your government, one of the many reasons some of us chose…our path. I shall spare you the math. You will spend 7 months in here. And to the outside world you will only have been gone a little over a day. I will be training you constantly. The only break you will get is when I say so or you earn food."

Gio would come to learn that the barriers being used could only be maintained by the casters for intervals of one hour and then require and hours rest before re casting it. Placing barriers within barriers greatly multiplied the amount of time that could pass within the innermost barrier. But that didn't explain why he couldn't move.
"the second force are the spirit cuffs around your arms and legs. They are a special twist on the ones you might be used to. Instead of shutting down your spirit energy they make it so you have to constantly cycle your energy consciously just to be able to move. So you can imagine how difficult it will be for you to fight me. Let alone use your precious Kido"

"Shit" well at least Gio could still talk. Even though he probably wouldn't be talking much at all. First he had to get off the ground. While he worked on that Ryuya put a different seal on Sinai and trained her perrsonally. It was intense enough motivation to push Gio into overdrive. Gio closed his eyes did like he always did, imagined the flow of his energy. He could feel the heavy restrictions on his spirit energy which were binding him. It was now that he noticed that someone had covered the seal on his forhead. Still He had to cycle his energy consciously in order to even move. The strangely good thing about his forcibly lowered spirit energy was that he had no appetite. Even cycling his spiritual energy proved extremely difficult. He had to do this, just to be able to move. It took him literally two days of constant concentration just to be able to stand. As time went on it became easier to move. By the time all three barriers fell for the first time, which was estimated to 17days for Gio, he had been able to run. So when the barrier went back up he had Saiyuki's full attention.

The first of those 17 days was the hardest for Sinai. She faced Ryuya the exact same way she had spared her almost a century ago. As if memory guided her body instead of reflex's she pushed herself up until the final movement until she found herself laying on the floor. Unlike last time, she found herself able to get up. She drew her zanpakuto and released it. She barely gave her butterflies time to flutter, before she activated her converge skill, drawing them together into a ninjato to match the her physical zanpakuto. She lashed out, again and again, and again. And she just kept getting knocked around by the dark princess of the north until she couldn't move any more. The remainder of the 17days were equally taxing, as Sinai tried over and over to hit the woman. The second day she came at her with a sledgehammer, but was just as fruitless. Third day was a flurry of explosive butterflies and from then on it was almost purely hakuda. See it had dawned on her that she was supposed to be training, so she stuck to hand to hand for the sake of learning. Ryuya was a prodigy after all, the best person for her to learn from. Time and time and time again she went at Ryuya trying every tactic she could think of until she stopped thinking and just fought.

Status
Not open for further replies.