Black Sun Chapter 1: The Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad my skills in THAT department aren't much rustier then the rest.

*plans on posting....as soon as i finish cleaning my house!*
cy in a long while jiffy!

I might be interested in this, but a few questions first.
A: Has the roleplay started?
B: Could an AI look completely like a human but wear some sort of government-issued bracelet that marks them as an AI so they aren't breaking the law?

Hey there!

1. Barely. It officially has started, but has very little posts and we haven't left the area we started in.
2. It would have to be a little bit more obvious than a bracelet, but I suppose so, yes. Though your AI WILL have to have done something illegal.

I know they have to do something illegal - I actually think I might just have deceiving people into thinking she's human as one of the things she's done.

Oh, and one more question - what kind of lifespans do AI typically have?

There is no recorded AI death due to "old" age, as in theory an AI can upgrade/fix itself indefinitely - and that's if it ever breaks down through normal uses. So for all intents and purposes, indefinite unless programmed/designed to have a finite life.

Hey I'm thinking about joining this rp but I have 2 questions

1.Do AI have genders
2.If your crime is that you've implanted illegal technology in yourself does that mean your character has special abilities/powers or something like that

1. They can be assigned or relate to a gender personality wise, but unless that AI was specifically build for sexuality-related tasks the body is non-gendered.

2. Yes and no. While it does give/enhance abilities, they're nowhere near superhero territory. Faster reaction times, increased muscle strength, increased stamina and such are allowed. Flight through anything else than implanted propulsion, weapons stronger than a submachinegun and such are disallowed (too dangerous for capture, they would have been killed on sight). If you're unsure, PM me or post here, I'm more lenient than you might think (and hell - even if you want something technically disallowed, PM me and we can talk it out and you might get away with things).

There is no recorded AI death due to "old" age, as in theory an AI can upgrade/fix itself indefinitely - and that's if it ever breaks down through normal uses. So for all intents and purposes, indefinite unless programmed/designed to have a finite life.
Of course, I would imagine that it can't be TOO old. It would depend on how long the Tech has been around, right?

Yeah, but at the time that the thing happens in, it can be pretty god damn old.

Name: SiMo 24

Species: Mech, Neutral

Life: 8 Years. X%

Appearance: [Spoili]SiMo.png [/Spoili]
Log file:

-Function-
Its main function in the group is to guard its teammates and use its high caliber sniper rifle which it can wield with excellent accuracy. SiMo is designed to assist the team he is assigned to by taking care of communications, store items (mostly ammunition and tools), serve as mobile computer, and eliminate targets at long range. It also keeps track of missions, coordinates and calculates risks. SiMo also acts as a moving sketchbook which is meant for explaining plans (but it allows people to just doodle if there are no more important tasks).

-Background-
Robotic technology in Elysion One, has been developed over several years and SiMo was one of the first models from its batch. It is considered to have developed into one of the most successful units since the SiMo model was introduced as a part of the military. A programmed ability to learn from experience over time means that the longer a robot is used in the field, the more it learns and adapts to situations in battle and social interaction. Because of all its years of service it is able to act naturally around humans despite not having any real emotions itself. It monitors their behavior and calculates appropriate emotional responses to make sure its team keeps their spirits up or if it wants to it can make them feel really uncomfortable, just for laughs.
As if its default functions weren't enough, his last team has made some personal modifications to make sure SiMo really has all the abilities the team needs. To modify a SiMo-unit isn't exactly legal but the longer the unit stays with the same team, the more loyalty it develops towards its mates. Androids might not be able to fully understand friendship, but its knowledge of the concept is enough. SiMo can be really likeable if it wants to.

-Reason for joining-
After its team's last mission was over, SiMo was called back to a nearby military HQ. The engineer of his team wanted to remove the mods, but before he could even start, a pick up squad discovered that SiMo allowed this team to modify it. If SiMo would have been any other mech, it would have been no problem, but it was military property. Because the team violated one of the contract terms, which strictly forbid any modification/change/downgrading/upgrading of SiMo's hard and software, they were labeled as criminals and imprisoned.
SiMo knew that it was responsible for this situation, so it offered itself for a dangerous mission, which would boost the success rate. Its condition was that in return for his unrestricted help in this mission, his former comrades are given back their freedom and status. The responsible people agreed to this and allowed SiMo to keep its modifications.

-Equipment-
Sniper_Rifle_S2.png
The Sniper rifle is a high-powered weapon that has the potential to inflict massive damage at any range. Thanks to it being fueled by Plasma, it technically has infinite ammo. It's clip is limited to 8 shots before it has to cool down though. The cooldown takes 15-20 seconds, and the Sniper Rifle is not usable while its core cools down. Primary fire launches a single projectile at Trans-sonic speeds (approx 610-915 MP/h). Secondary fire shoots a high-powered shot that disperses in a cone-effect and consumes two rounds.

Build in mods:
High tech PC... sometimes abused for games.
Holographic display, which also functions as drawing board. SiMo uses it to show expressions. Mostly emoticons.
Empty space to store items. (HxWxL): 20cm x 20cm x 20cm. Can be replaced by a mod if desired.
Modified arm to wield weapon with the most potential. It has a build in shield and can be used to dent metal.
A coffee machine.

Is SiMo acceptable?

Last edited:
Reactions: Yiyel
Nova, you have no idea how good this character is. It fits right in with another character I had in mind (that hasn't been presented yet). There's only one itsy bitsy thing that irks me, and it's how it became illegal - because as a construct, while anyone interacting with it becomes a criminal, it is not illegal in itself. The weapon and modifications, as far as I can tell, aren't illegal, and the legal burden of the creation, companionship and modification falls on people around it.

So yeah - a little backstory between the modification and how it became assigned to this mission (either through being arrested or having volunteered from a construct colony) would be much appreciated. Everything else is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this character is so great then I demand a like. Why i would do that? Why not?

Anyway. The problem about SiMo is that it is owned by the military. His AI is programmed to prevent any changes to himself, but he willingly allowed it. This is why it, as construct, can classified as criminal. Just think about all the secrets it might have given away.
The mods in question are the arm, the software which operates the computer, and the coffee machine. The last one probably isn't illegal, but it still is a change to its frame.
And i was actually not sure on how to make him join the mission. A little help please?

-Edit-
How about it volunteers if in turn its last teammates are not classified as criminals anymore? Having a willing construct with these abilities certainly isn't a disadvantage.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought of it that way - it would certainly be a criminal offense if it allowed modifications on legally protected material (despite being itself). Though the volunteering for the sake of it's teammates is a nice touch too. You're in. Just sneak yourself into the cell (not literally - just meaning to make a beginning post).

To make it look better, I edited SiMo's story. Now if you would excuse me, I have to find out how SiMo should make his entrance.

It's all good - just one detail, unless you mean there's an actual organic species that look like that (I would be all for it - it would look badass), SiMo would not be a construct per se, simply an AI in a mech body.

Very well. I will edit it one more time, just for you.
Hey. Can SiMo be the one who shot down the 3 prisoners who tried to escape? It gives him a wrong first impression, which is fun to work with.

Last edited:
WTF I DIDN'T GET A SINGLE ALERT!

Tht helped thx

Status
Not open for further replies.