Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Racer folded his arms to stop the shaking; annoyed that the other had spotted it. Perhaps he hadn't dealt with his past as well as he first thought; but... he still didn't want to think about it. "I see," he answered softly. "I'm surprised you bought it."

Why would you? Said Mr Io entering in an alley. IN the corner of the alley there was a door, like if it was a service door for the building next to it. He used a key to open the door, and inside there was a stair that led to another place, downstairs: his house.
COme in.

Shadow Racer snorted and answered, "Most villains would have just gotten it through illegal means." At least most of the ones in his experience did. But Mr. Io seemed determined to throw all those stereotypes out the window. The speedster hesitated at the entrance. This could easily be a trap. With a sigh and a straitening of determination he followed Mr. Io into his home.

That's stupid. Illegal actions atract too much interest. If you take it by force, there's another place where you're truly safe. Moreover, i would not win anything hurting normal people. As i said, "Villian" is a label, but you can't put everything into a label. The place was more of a Burrow than a house: a "loft" or a single big room with everything besides the bathroom, an enormus amount of stuff into boxes and containers of different nature along the walls.
We'll begin here. Take a seat. Mr Io reached a Puff for him from a corner, and another for him.

"Probably not," agreed Shadow Racer. "Most of the villains that we chase after are idiots anyway." Which was true. Throughout the years he'd noticed that the government did not send their heroes or anti-heroes after those who could truly harm the city. He'd started going off on his own far more in the last few months, frustrated with how things were run. If they had the powers to protect people they should be using them.

The speedster sat where was indicated. He fidgeted a little disliking holding still as he looked around. It was a fairly comfortable area. Not that big, it reminded him of his apartment. Though the thought of being underground was playing haywire with his emotions. "What now?" he asked abruptly.

Most of the so called "heroes" too. Agreed Mr Io. He left the mask, cape, the sweater and shoes and sat in the lotus position in front of Racer.
Ok now. First of all, make yourself confortable. Then sit in a manner you can maintain without problem for some time. Tellme when you're ready.

Shadow Racer sat across from Mr Io. He didn't take off his mask and hood. He wasn't that trusting of the other man yet. His position was leaning against the wall hands lightly in his lap, and feet straight out in front of himself. He looked up at Mr. Io through the reflected lenses of the borrowed mask. "Alright, ready," he huffed.

OK then. Close your eyes. Said mister io closing his own eyes.

Shadow Racer closed his eyes, and attempted to relax his body. Images flickered across his eyes, as memories flooded his mind. He gritted his teeth in an effort to keep them out. Forest green eyes haunted him enough during his sleeping hours. He wouldn't be able to stand it, if they continued to haunt his waking hours.

Kill it. Everything you see must now by your own willpower be dead, and then fade and decay. All that remains is a perfectly white wall. Said Mr Io doing the same he did. Relax, insight,relax, breathe, the wall. Every step was important.

Shadow Racer gave a slight grunt of pain at the suggestion of 'killing it'. His eyes snapped open for brief second and he looked incredulously at Mr. Io. He bit his lip for a brief second, the memories had spiraled out of control when he'd jerked out of the meditative stance. With a shaky deep breath he attempted to fall back into the state and do as suggested. It took a few minutes, but eventually all that was left was a white wall and those green eyes. He just couldn't bring himself… "This is impossible," he finally hissed out. "I can't just…"

There is something left, aye? ASked Mr io. Now, you know the problem. Keep the white wall. Hold it with your will. This is YOUR mind, it can't win inside of you. Pull it out the way you would pull a worm out of a hole. AS he talked, Mr io made a black cocoon of shadows all around the boy.
Merged with the shadows, Mr Io's tranquilizing voice came from everywhere. He was trying to help him, and as much as he could kill a man giving life to the darkess within his soul, he could take out the wrong done to someone.
Little by little, it came out as a black gas that went through Mister Io's cloak of shadows, finally disipating.

Shadow Racer's hands clenched and unclenched as he tried to do what the villain suggested. He tugged the memory of green eyes out of the wall and gasped when he felt it disappear from his hands. His eyes snapped open. He gently touched his cheek in surprise and felt the silent tears that had begun to run down them. He whipped them off angrily. He glanced around surprised to see to see the last of the black gas dissipate. "That-" he started . "-what is that you're doing?"

i took out all the darkness that was not in you to begin with. I can't take your bad side, but i can take the bad that others left behind. This doesn't mean i can clean you. That was a part of you, and it will always be there, returning to haunt you. But now that's out, you'll learn how to keep it out. The material for om mister Io came back to his place.
Now, return to your wall. Be ready. Some must hav had returned by now, you'll take it out by yourself.

Shade Racer watched the material disappear back to Mister Io. He stood and touched his head a little, slightly woozy, but not wanting to show it. "If we stop by my apartment I can grab some things that will help us get into the lab," he said. It was a surprise when no memories came to him when he said that. He felt far lighter than he had for years. "I kept some of the key cards, and…" He stretched a little. "We might want to prepare for a fight, I'm not sure if any of the old experiments are still there."

Haven't you listened me? GO back to your meditation. YOu must do it every day to keep your mind clean. Go back to the white wall. Mr Io was calmed and in the lotus position still, eyes closed and breathing calmly.

Shadow Racer gritted his teeth, but followed the command. He sat back down again and leaned against the wall. He closed his eyes and brought up the wall again. It was easier, this time; but the emerald eyes had come back. He plucked them from the white wall again. It was difficult throwing the memory of his brother's dead eyes away. But he really couldn't be distracted by them now. After a few minutes more he suddenly asked softly, "Do you do this often?"

Three times a day. Until i can force the wall to turn ont my childhood home. Only there i feel at ease and my powers don't mess with anybody else. Mr Io said, almost subconciously.

"Three times a day," Shadow Racer muttered under his breath in disbelief. He was failing to concentrate on the white wall. It kept growing those green eyes again. "I don't exactly have anywhere like a childhood home to concentrate on," he finally said as he plucked the eyes from the wall for the third time.

Find something to be your rock. A friend, a place, a moment. Something that has brought you peace... And get a hold of it, don't let the moment go and try to use it to feel confortable while you block the bad things outside your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.