Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Racer left Galaxy to continue his boy scout ways. A fire had been started down the block before they could finish their conversation. The speedster went through the city a frown marked on his face as he attempted to find those few people he trusted. He was also a little worried that he’d had nothing come back from Mr. Io. His inner hero tended to rear its ugly head at the most inopportune moments.

Eventually he found himself outside of the less savory part of town. He was watching a transaction in a warehouse. But he was distracted. He needed to find the Supervillain to make certain… well to make sure he got the message. In the split second that he stood up, he was thrown to the ground by a blast that sounded throughout the city. His head was buzzing as he sat up again, his hood had been knocked off and his goggles were cracked. “Damn it,” he muttered looking at the smoke that billowed up from the buildings nearby.

Mr io, they call me. Then, you'll be darky, since no other name would suit you Answered the villian. Agreed. Now, why did those men die? Asked the gnome. THey tried to mess with the wrong guy. Ah, and that deserved death, right? You're more of a monster than me! the little piece of abyss was jumping happily You have come to torment me? I couldn't control it! Mr io was getting angry, but tried to calm down.
Maybe. Maybe i'm all those men hate before dying. What about that? I found my objective in life!

Shadow Racer jerked his hood back onto his head. The transaction he had been watching had scattered. He frowned as laughter reached his ears. He glanced around annoyed by the cracks in his goggles; but he couldn’t see anyone. The speedster scowled and nearly unbalanced again when there was a second rumble as the building fell.

His phone was buzzing off the hook, and he had no doubt that the building falling was felt throughout the city. The place would soon be swarmed by cops and heroes. The Racer jerked his goggles off. Unnatural red eyes flashed for a moment before returning to his regular russet brown. “Someone’s playing with me,” he muttered to himself as he began to search the alleys. He smacked a hand against brick as he still couldn’t find anyone.

Great. Said Mr io when the shoe he had thrown towards the little demon really smacked it. That's not great, that hurted! It said, but Mr Io went over to the place where he had it, and took a rope.
No, you won't! Yelled the little monster when seeing this, and ran from the villian. Let's do a deal. You let me focus on my meditation, and i won't tie you up so you leave me alone. proposed Aedan You'll never catch me alive!!! screamed the little creature, breaking through the main door.
Just great. Smuttered Mr Io when he saw the thing run out. He locked himself out inside the place and started meditating.

Shadow Racer threw his goggles against the wall in frustration. He couldn’t go home, he felt as if someone was watching him. He leaned against the wall and slid down into one of the shadows of the alley. “This day keeps getting better,” he muttered angrily.

“Well if your temper wasn’t so bad, it might be better,” said a voice above him. He glanced up and shook his head as Galaxy landed next to him. “Your goggles…”

“Shouldn’t you be rescuing people?” the Racer asked annoyed.

“No one is alive,” Galaxy whispered. “We were sent a photo of all the dead bodies a few moments before the building exploded. Shadow…” Shadow Racer shook his head at the nick name that a few of the heroes called him. “…they’re saying Mr. Io did it.”

“Not his MO,” disagreed the Racer his jaw tensing. His heart had thudded in his chest at the suggestion. No, there was no way that Mr.Io would explode a crime scene when he could use those shadows of his instead.

After a long period of meditation, Mr Io calmed himself and orderer the shadows to search for the little monster he had created.
I'm right here, Aedan. Said the thing in his mind. AS he could see, it was in the door. Why haven't you fled? Asked Mr Io. I'm now in control. I'm just an extension of you. Said the little thing. Ah... I understand now. I'll let you in.
Mr Io comprehended: that was just an extension of his powers, his will to preserve the lives of the men he killed, and the chaos and confusion of his powers gave birth to that thing. That was, in fact, life trapped inside his powers. IT was a shadow golem.

Galaxy and Shadow Racer made their way to the crumbled building. Multiple heroes and government workers were attempting to get the bodies out from under the rubble. The flyer floated next to the speedster, who was wearing one of Galaxy’s extra masks. The reflected lenses worked well, though the blue contrasted with his red stripes in an awful way.

“We should find the cameras,” Shadow Racer said finally. “They should have been sending information to the Central Bureau constantly.”

“You think the person who did this, didn’t know that everything is backed up there?” asked Galaxy unconvinced.

“I think that will be their next stop.” With that statement the speedster shot off, not stopping until he came to the building that he had met Mr. Io at earlier in the evening.

Mr Io called Shadow racer to know more of the information he had found. It was not enough and didn't say anything of the project. Maybe one of his tecnologics comrades could help.

Shadow Racer's cellphone rang

The Racer jerked to a stop when he felt the phone buzzing. His breath caught and he hoped that no one had heard it. Carefully he pulled it out and relaxed a little when he saw it was Mr. Io. He shook his head at that automatic reaction. Strange that he trusted someone this fast…

He flipped open his phone and muttered a quiet, “Yeah?” He began to type on the computer he’d found. He wasn’t a hacker, but he should have access to the cameras in the building that just exploded.

Hey. THis is all? Are you certain they have nothing more? It has nothing of use. Maybe one of your technological friends could help.

“I’m logged into another computer now,” answered Shadow Racer softly. “I can try to find something here.” He minimized the download of the cameras; and brought up a search for the weapons lab. “By the way, I think someone might be trying to amateurishly pin a mass murder on you.” He frowned as the search turned up nothing. He began to type in something else. His breath caught when he found a file entitled Project Kate. “Wait I might have found something.” He clicked on it.

They want me dead anyway, for what i've seen yesterday, so the reason is something i don't care. Replied Mr Io. What have you got?
When Racer opened the file, it was a full report about a proyect to duplicate with a satelite the efects of the power of a girl named Kate Griffith. The idea was to take the list of supervillians and track them down. Apparently the caretakers of the child gave permission, and the girL was cooperative)

“The test subject is going to be in trouble bloody idiot blip of a girl,” Racer said with blank anger. His eyes flashed red and one of the computers around him exploded. He hissed and grabbed a charger in order to download the file to his phone. No doubt that would draw the attention of every guard in the place. “They’re going to be using a satellite in order to track supervillains… and heroes.” He didn’t doubt the corruption would include the government’s allies. “Damn it.” He heard pounding on the door behind himself. “I’m getting out of here, but we need to meet up.”

WHere do you want to meet? and when? that would fuck our lairs, that means no one is safe. The idea of using a satelite was terrible and they could not allow that. If that happened, he would be dead in a couple of hours.
We'll need back up.

Shadow Racer pulled the phone out as soon as he had downloaded the files. “And who can we trust?” he asked he turned to the door and watched it begin to cave in on itself. He’d downloaded the camera footage as well, for Galaxy. Oh he would trust the flyer with his life, but something like this? Not that boy scout.

“Meet at the old Clock Tower,” he finally said. He’d gotten into a starting position and watched carefully. The door had begun to crack. With a smirk he rushed the door at nearly the speed of sound. He heard shouts from behind him as he sped out the building. He only winced a little as his shoulder had hit the door. It was lucky that the attackers were off balance enough for him to knock them over.

Ok. Said simply Mr Io. He was a man of few words, the less the best, at least for him. Mr io went to the bath room and had a cold shower when pondering the events of the day. Bad day by all acounts, at least for him.
He went out a couple of minutes later, being already clean andfeeling relieved. Really, the only thing that bothered him at the moment was the idea of not being able to stay in this dark place.
I'm going out. You have to stay here. Said MR Io to his... Minion? How do you call a manifestation of your powers?
Ok, i'll guard the place. Said the little shadow imp

Racer stopped inside the shadows of the old clock tower. He pressed himself against the bottom of the tower and waited for the sirens to die down. He hoped that he wasn’t recognized by the police. It would be inconvenient to be placed on the villain’s list. He was wearing a different mask, so hopefully no one would be able to pin point him.

The speedster glanced up at the tower and placed a foot to the ground. A few seconds later he was at the top sitting precariously on the edge of the clock. His hand touched his pocket and he was relieved to find his phone still there.

About 10 minutes passed and no one showed up, until the speedster got a call.
Where are you? I'm going right up to the tower.

"I'm at the top of the tower," the speedster answered. He glanced around. "There are a few shadows in the room up here if you want to come up. It's far more private." He snapped the phone shut without waiting for an answer and looked down at the city he had always called home.

After 3 minutes more, from
The service door, a guy in Mr Io's suit appeared. Do you have an ides of how many floors this tower has? It's been a while since i walk this much. The villian complained. He had a mountain mask and sincerelly looked like a bad movie robber.

Status
Not open for further replies.