Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Racer turned around; his goggles reflected the light of the room. He scowled at the man that stood there. His fingers sparked with orange energy. "I could say the same about you," he said shifting his body so he was ready to attack or flee at a seconds notice. "Experiments on super powered beings were supposed to be shut down."

He's in an illusion, he can't hear you! Let's go! Said mirter Io taking him from the arm and dragging him out.
Meanwhile the scientist took a phone and called someone.
They've scaped. Yeah. No, he's fast, use the girl.

Shadow Racer growled in frustration as he was dragged out of his apartment. He was only glad he'd grabbed the box first. He had the only things he cared about in it. "Alright," he said. "I'm not sure if we should go straight to the lab, if they can send an illusion to the apartment they might be tracking us… probably with that new machine."

No, no, i put him in an illusion, he's really inside there. He just thinks we're not around. But ok, yeah, they might track us. You think they'd have a new machine or they're simply using the girl?

"If they bothered meeting us here," said Shadow Racer nodding. "From what I remember, as long as we don't use our powers they won't be able to track us with the girl right?" He fiddled with the band to his goggles and continued, "It'll take a little longer, but I can still lead us to the lab."

Don't you think they'd already set us up there? Besides, if i stop using my powers, he comes here. What do you wanna do?

The Racer made a slightly frustrated noise. He was more of a doer then a planner. He tended to roll with his gut and make split second decisions. "I don't know," he said. "Could you keep you power up until we're deeper into the city? Then you can release it and we can disappear into the crowds." His hand rubbed a wrist in a frustrated gesture. "I don't know where else we could-" He stopped himself and then shook his head. "Wait, there is somewhere we can hide out, it's a little ways away from the city though."

Don't you want me to kill him? Asked mr Io who saw in this a quick solution to their problems.
Maybe he wanted the fucker as his prey, but then he should be doing the thing now, just so they were safer.
Ok, sounds like a plan.

"There isn't a need to," replied Shadow Racer. He ticked the box in the small pack he carried on his back. "Killing him could cause a reaction that might cause them to look for us harder." And it didn't feel right. The man hadn't attacked them, even if he had found them. He tightened his goggles and nodded. "Alright come on." He moved away from his apartment.

A few minutes later they had slipped into the crowded streets of the night. "You should be able to let him go in a few more minutes," Shadow Racer said in a normal voice so as not to attract too much attention. They were obviously super powered beings, but there were so many in the crowd, they weren't too noticeable.

OK agreed Mr io. He didn't liked the fact of letting a pursuer go, but he'll give it hell.
As they walked, he made the man be tormented by the memories of all the ones he had tortured before. He could feel emotional charges as the only think he did was to allow him to experience through illutions what would happen if the ones he made suffer had him at their mercy.

Shadow Racer moved deeper into the crowd and then nodded his head. "Alright," he said softly. "This is a good place to lose them. Let's cut off all power so they can't track us." He looked over at Mr. Io with a frown. "Your powers, is there anyway you can tell what the people tracking us are thinking?" He wasn't exactly sure of Mr. Io's powers. Obviously the file that the Department had didn't include everything.

Only relating to emotions, and in a rudimentary way. He said. It was not fine at all, only what's needed to use the other powers.
He left doing what he was doing and stopped every power of his. But he didn't know if the little being of darkness in his apartment had anything traceable.

"Too bad," Racer muttered as they moved through the crowd. "I know a cabin outside the city limit, as far as I know no one knows it. We can get there and set up."

That's a plan. I follow you. Mr io said. Now what? Without powers they could not storm the facility where the girl was in, and they couldn't even call old friends to help because they were being tracked down.
Maybe ypu should break your phone, in case they can trace it.

Shadow Racer jerked in surprise at the suggestion and then nodded. He unhooked his phone and dropped it. Due to the crowds it was instantly trampled by the people around them. Within moments it was crushed into multiple pieces. "Let's get out of here," he muttered pulling away the other gadgets he'd gotten from the agency and carefully dropping them. He was clean by the time they got to the end of the crowded streets.

"This way," he said ducking into the back streets and leading to the city exit.

Aedan did the same and threw his discartable phone. He had never been fond of cellphones either.
We will need money, if we stay a couple of days.

"I never use cards," said Shadow Racer checking his funds. "But I've only got about fifty dollars." That was frustrating. The cabin was pretty far out in the middle of nowhere. There was a clean stream so they'd have water, but there was no electricity or food stored there. "We might want to grab some previsions before we leave too," the speedster said now that he'd thought about it. It was probably good that Mr. Io was here. Shadow Racer tended to act first and deal with consequences later.

Let's go to my place, then. We have anything we need there. What kind of things do we need there? or what we got there? He asked as he headed to his apartment.
It was curious that a man that wouldn't think much over anything, regardless it's importance, could be still alive in a world where the enemies were evil geniuses. Maybe it was his unpredictability what kept him alive.

"There's fresh water and emergency supplies," commented Shadow Racer, "Candles, flashlights, first aid kits, but other than that the cabin isn't equipped with anything." He tilted his head and followed Mr. Io. "I haven't been there in years, and I don't know it's full state."

We could risk our way there. My place is not secure so near the city.
After a walk that could have been longer they arrived to Mr Io's place. There, he selected 8 boxes he already have.
This is enough. How do we move it?

Status
Not open for further replies.