Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racer chuckled and looked back at Mr. Io. “Not my fault you’re out of shape,” he said with a smirk. He flipped off the edge he had been sitting on so that he was next to the villain. He handed the man his phone. “You’ll have a better understanding of this. I only skimmed it.”

Ok said mister Io after taking the phone. He looked specially beaten up, and worried too.
Well, that's not so bad. It looks like they can locate us only when using powers. That was a little advantage. The rest is a dossier on capabilities and spected uses

Racer scowled and shook his head. “Some of us aren’t able to turn our powers off,” he commented. His eyes looked at Io a little closer. “Or we might be attacked, what happened to you?” he asked bluntly. He may be uncouth, rude, and a bastard, but deep down Shadow Racer was a good person. He cared for those in this city including the villains.

Let's say that an unbalance in the Force. Said Mr Io, who wasn't the kind of guy that goes everywhere telling anyone what happened to him. Still, this tells us little about the place we need to storm. It looks like we'll have to get in by force and just wish to be lucky. Have you though on what will we do after we destroy the facility and take the girl?

Racer snorted and shrugged, though he was still a little worried. If Mr. Io wasn’t going to inform him what had happened… well he didn’t have the patience to coax the answer from him. He looked up at the ceiling of the clock tower in some thought. “My assumption was that the girl was… coerced,” he said. “These files seem to dispute that notion.”

He moved back to the open side of the tower and looked out at the streets. It was becoming dark a few lamps were starting to be lit. “She might be misinformed about what her powers are being used for,” he continued. “After we have her we will need to explain what is going on from our point of view. If after that she still insists on helping the lab.” He turned back to Mr. Io, the mask that galaxy had lent him reflected the room, “Well every person deserves to have a choice.” Freedom is the right of every sentient being, brother.

Ha! Smirked Mr Io Don't be naive! the files lie, totally. She is in criogenic suspention since they found her powers, i spied them. What i mean is what would you do once we get her? I say that, if we can't provide security we must use her ability to counter-attack, because then being on the defensive will make us get cornered and murdered. But i want you to be ready. If they are going to take her back we need to kill her. We can't afford them having her.

Shadow Racer stiffened a little at the suggestion of killing an innocent young girl. “Then we’d better make sure we have a good place to hide her,” he said gruffly. His eyes went to the side of the city. “There is one place they might not look for her. The old lab outside of the city… it’s considered unlivable.”

We need to prepare it to disable tracking systems and to suffer isolation and a frontal assault, just in case. What do you want to do and what do you want me to do?

“I know the old security codes,” Shadow Racer said blankly. He disliked the idea of going back to that lab, but he knew for certain that it wasn’t under surveillance from the government anymore. “If we’re going to break her out, we should make sure that we have a place to hold up. I can’t get into certain room in the lab, but if you have a way to open highly advanced locked doors?”

It depends on the kind of lock it has. I can do something with the mechanicals, but not with the others. Is there a posibility of others with the passcodes?

“Yes,” Shadow Racer replied through clenched teeth. “I’ve never been able to find the codes to some of the doors.” He frowned and then moved to point his hand toward the area where the lab was. “We should lock down the areas of the lab that we can, then we can get the girl and figure out the rest of the passcodes later.” The racer gave an involuntary shudder as he said this. The memories of trauma in that lab were sneaking up on him; but they were repressed with all the mental strength he could muster.

“Going through the lab might give you a better idea of the layout of the new lab,” he continued with a frown. “I doubt they changed too much of it.”

Mr Io saw the unstability in Racer. That place was sure a bad place for him. Show me the place, then. he said starting to head down the place What does that place mean to you?

Racer glanced at Mr. Io and didn’t speak for a few moments. “Let’s just say…” he said with a sigh. “That home always leaves scars.” With that he waved to the villain to follow him and ran down the side of the building. He stopped at the bottom and looked up to make sure the other could keep up.

After a while down the stairs, Mr Io went down I know that feels. I had an encounter with my own personal Kansas today. Are your powers affected by emotions? Because if they were like his, it'd be better to avoid the place, as safe as it can sound.

"Unless you have a better idea, I can control it," Racer snapped back covering his nervousness with anger. "I- my powers do seem to be connected with emotions," he admitted. He brushed his wrist in a nervous gesture. "There aren't very many defensible places in the city."

Ok then. Can i trust you? ASked Mr Io, looking deeply inside Racer's eyes.

"As much as you can trust anyone," Shadow Racer said dryly. He tilted his head away from Mr. Io. "I don't betray people without a reason," he finally said with a slightly offended tone. "If I can trust you then you can trust me."

That's a good policy. OK, then, follow me. We're going to my home. I'm trusting you taking you there, you trust me coming and exposing yourself to a trap. THere i'll help you to control your emotions and powers. Said Mr Io leading the way.

"I control my emotions fine," Racer muttered under his breath. But he followed along anyway. He pushed the memories of the last time someone had tried to control his powers and emotions away. They weren't as bad as the others that seemed to be cropping up now; but still hit him in the heart too hard. "Your house?" he asked after they had been walking for a few minutes. "Where is it?"

You're trembling of rage and fear. You're not controlling it right. Said Mr Io. Not far away. Just a basement that has been abandoned and i bought. Not as impresive as a baticave but useful, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.