Black and White (w/Lithël Aelfwine)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Racer looked down at the 8 boxes and growled with an annoyed sound. "If we don't rent a truck or something, we'll end up taking two or three trips to the cabin and back. It'll be noon tomorrow by the time we finish," he said in frustration. It'd be easy of course to get the boxes there if he could use his speed or Mr. Io could use his shadows. But if they were being tracked they'd lead the government right to them.

Get the truck, then. It was a shame that none of them never used a car to move around, but that was it.
He had to take the money and this.
This has dry food, med kits, basic gear for the house, clothes, inflable matrasses, blankets, a tent if the ceiling isn't good enough, weapons, tools... I think that can cover up more or less everything.

"I can't drive," Shadow Racer said with a grunt. "I've never needed to even consider it before." It was pointless to be inside a vehicle when you could jog at the same pace. He rubbed a wrist in thought. "I guess it shouldn't be too hard to learn…" He pulled out the money he had from his belt and began to count it hoping they'd have enough to rent a small truck.

What about the people that makes movings? They got trucks and they can ride us until we're close but not there and then we take this boxes there. He said while going to a safe cage on the wall, and pulling out a metallic box.
I'm good to go. Anything else we could need?

Shadow Racer gritted his teeth against the paranoia that arose in him. Hiring movers would mean more people would know where they were. But if he… he looked down at his costume. "Right, let me change out of this so I look like a civilian," he said moving away from Mr.Io. He took the goggles off and pocketed them. He opened the hoodie so it looked a bit more normal and took down the hood. At least his costume wasn't overly flamboyant like most heroes. It made it easy to change into civilian attire. "I think that should be it," he said turning back to Mr. Io. "I'll go get the movers."

It took about twenty minutes for Lorcan to grab a driver and a truck. It was a tiny one, not even close to the smalles moving trucks. But it would fit all of them and the boxes. The speedster's russet brown eyes kept darting around the room as he helped pack up the boxes into the truck. The driver didn't seem to care that no one else was talking, and he kept rambling about random things.

Mr Io made the little shadowman enter in a 9th box and he covered everything. Then he got up the truck in the box part and let racer to his magic and bring them to the place, or as close as he dared

Racer stopped the man before they made it to the cabin. He couldn't bring himself to lead him all the way to the safe house. The man raised an eyebrow when he realized they were stopping at a fork in the road, but let it go. "You know I can help you bring the stuff into wherever you're going," he commented.

"We're fine," Racer grunted pulling the boxes out of the truck. "It's in a private area."

"Suit yourself," said the man taking the money that the speedster handed him.

Lorcan turned to Mr.Io. "It's only a few minutes away walking," he told him. "We should be able to make a few trips to get the supplies there."

GImme a minute. My father tought me a little secret. He got to a tree and cutted two branches and put them parallel, and loaded the boxes over them.
Ok, you get one end, i get the other. Lead the way. with the little barrow they could move the boxes and the things without having to make many trips. It was getting dark and they had many things to do still.

Shadow Racer leaned down and picked the other side with a grunt. "You were close to your father?" He asked as they began to make their way to the cabin. The walls of the cabin appeared on the vision very quickly. It was a small thing looking like it only had about four rooms total. The roof was painted an off green color that blended into the surrounding forest easily.

i was answered Mr Io. It has been over 15 years since he last spoke with his father. He remembered too little now, and he hted that. He didn't want to forget the people that made him what he was.
It's a nice place you got here. Does this belong to you?

"My brother and I built it," said Shadow Racer after a moment of debate. But the memory didn't hurt as much as it used to, there was something to that meditation that Mr. Io had showed him. "The first year we ran away." He gave a huff as he set his side down. He pulled out the metal box from his bag that they'd stopped by his apartment to grab. He opened it and pulled out a key. The speedster unlocked the door and dust flew up as the door creaked inward. It was obvious that no one had lived here for awhile.

In side was a spatious room with comfortable looking couches and a drum set. There was a rug on the dusty wooden floor and off to the side was a small kitchen. Next to the kitchen were two doors leading to bedrooms and one leading to a bathroom.

It looks in better shape than what i think it would be. How did you knew how to build? It looked like a good house, strong, obviously, because if not it would have collapsed under the years.
Mr Io tested the doors and the windows, determining them safe. He also tested the walls to see if everything was holding up good, and it actually did.
Aedan was impressed.

"We had an excellent education," Lorcan said dryly stretching his arms and popping his shoulder a bit. "While we were…" His breath caught and he continued on. He hadn't told anyone about this. Very few people knew that the Shadow Racer was born in a test tube let alone what happened during it. "… while we were asleep the lab technicians would implement a new program they were testing. It directly inserted information into the brain through electronic waves and sound." Of course as a way to rebel both Lorcan and his brother forgot most of it on purpose.

Are there more materials like the ones you used for this place around here? Mr Io asked, intrigued. Maybe there was some kind of storage building around they could use.
What they got was going to last only so much until they needed many things more.

"We put some of the extra materials in a shed a few minutes away," Lorcan answered pulling his hoodie back up. He always felt better with his features at least a little bit obscured. "And there's a few grocery stores that are right outside of the city limits nearby too, they aren't very big though."

That'd be enough. We don't need much. Both were people of little needs, and they wouldn't need much. They wouldn't stay long, either.
What do we have here? Water? A Bathroom? Natural Gas? Electricity? Asked Mr Io to know their situation while starting to put everything in place.

"Water and a bathroom," replied Shadow Racer. "No electricity, but natural gas for cooking." His brother at the time had been more interested in the outdoors then anything electrical. It had been strange. Emer had always relaxed in a tree or slept outside when he could. He'd hated the lab even more then Racer had.

Shadow Racer began to put the supplies away. "You can have the bedroom on the right," he told Mr. Io. "It hasn't been used in a while so the dust will probably be all over." He looked around and realized that he'd have to clean at least partially.

Lorcan sat in the newly clean bedroom a few hours later. He'd gotten a little bit of sleep at the beginning of the night, but now he sat up on his bed running a hand over an old picture frame. This was the last picture of his brother that existed; he'd had to destroy the others after escaping that day. He didn't want anyone finding him after all. The racer sighed. His costume was off and he sat in simple black pajamas on the bed.

His hand brushed across the photograph when there was a sudden sound of glass shattering. The racer disappeared from the bed, the picture falling with a crash onto the floor. Lorcan stood by the wall by the window clutching a bleeding hand to his chest. A bullet had been shot straight through it. He grunted in annoyance as he realized that either the bullet or the gun had been modified. He should have been able to dodge that.

His russet brown eyes narrowed as he moved carefully away from the wall. He stopped when there was another tinkling of glass and a bullet lodged itself by his head. Lorcan moved back to the wall he'd first been at. Two snipers, he thought with a frown. Probably more.

Mr Io was out looking for wood to start a fire. NO matter what season they were in, they should have had a fire or a stack of wood, for wet wood is no god at all.
HE was going back again when he heard a couple of shots. COnfused, he stood a second, until he could put it together. He then ran towards the cabin, cloaked by the darkness.

OOC: sorryy!!!! THough you had never answered and it was simple my alerts!

Shadow Racer took a deep breath and tried to stop the pain that ran from his hand to his shoulder. He'd managed to get out of the room though he'd been nicked on the cheek. There are at least five snipers, he thought ducking behind the kitchen counter. And these bullets are for me specifically. There was after all no way that anyone could shoot him while he was moving unless they had advanced weaponry. Or they might be super human, though having five of the same power isn't likely.

His eyes shot up when he saw a shadow move outside the window and got ready to run again.

Ooc: And this time it was my alerts. Seriously…

Status
Not open for further replies.