Birds of a Feather

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Tamsin frowned deeply, unhappy at the way this was going. "So, he's going to start a war?" She asked, wanting clarification on this point. She had thought that it had just been some random feud between him and Xent, but perhaps there was more to this.

He sighed a bit, "He kills many people, i'm not sure if he can start a one man war, but he is a serious problem."

"Then we stop him." It was bold of her, and perhaps improper, but she couldn't stand idly by and let destruction rain down. "I'm sorry. I just...I know I don't understand this, but I want to help." She spoke honestly, as she always did.

He smiled softly, "Weve tried to stop him ... and we will eventually." He smiled softly, looking at her softly, "Perhaps you can help."

Tamsin nodded, eager to be of any assistance, though in truth she doubted how helpful she would be. Afterall, take out the phoenix issue and she was just some random, awfully sick girl. "Well, I suppose it's a matter of waiting, for the most part." She shrugged, guessing that until there were obvious leads as to where this man was, and what he wanted, there was little they could do.

He nodded a little, and moved toward his bed, "Anyways ... oh well ... we'll figure something out eventually." He whispered sitting on his bed.

Tamsin could only sigh, deep in thought as she considered the predicament, only now noticing her wounds once again. In this discussion, she had forgotten the red and stinging skin of her arms, and now it was back with a vengeance. It was still early, but she did feel tired, and so spoke, "I guess I'll go to bed now. I could do with a little extra sleep." Perhaps in the morning she would be able to learn more, as the spirit inside her fully intended to speak through her whilst her consciousness was out of play.

He nodded and patted the bed beside him, there was plenty of room, and they had slept together once today, he scooted over though so she would be okay, and smiled gently, "Good night, if you need anything wake me."

She hopped into the bed, thankfully not too shy about having to share. "Okay. Thankyou." Tamsin smiled, soon falling asleep, unknowing that a phoenix was rising to the surface. It's interesting. Did you know that I can hear everything you two say? The teasing voice asked, soon going on, I would be most interested to meet this god of yours. He could be useful. He thought of himself as at least some sort of demi-god, and reckoned he could use this god of war to his advantage.

Xent looked toward Tamsin and chuckled, "Good luck with that ..." he then frowned at the voice of the phoenix, "You need to stay away from him, were not even sure if he's really being controlled yet or not." He laid back on the bed, "Alright?"

I'll do what I like. I intend to find him, and I will do you the favour of establishing his current mental state. It'll be easy. Cocky as always, as well as impatient. He couldn't wait to get this show on the road.

He shook his head, "Not as long as your in that body ... he could kill Tamsin and you both ... I would rather Tamsin stay alive after iv'e gotten this far protecting her." He said to the impatient phoenix.

A laugh that sounded like crackling flame rang out through the room, soon dying down as he spoke once again, He wouldn't kill us. I'm far too important for that. We will be off shortly, just let me pack my things. The phoenix' were almost extinct, and for some reason he thought this would increase his value. Although powerful, gods rarely had need for creatures such as him. Even so, this did not stop him falling silent for the rest of the night, carefully working on planting ideas into the mind of his host.

He cursed a little bit, he couldn't let the old bird brain get Tamsin killed, because of something so stupid as wanting his presence be known to the enemy, but there was nothing he could do, but tell her no.

Unknown to her, Tamsin's brain was impregnated with the idea that she needed to get up high, search the outskirts of the city in order to find this being. She woke with an uneasy feeling, as well as a splitting headache that really only added insult to injury. Despite this, she did not rouse Xent, instead only going to the bathroom and doing her best to remain calm. As always, she hacked up alot of phlegm and blood in the mornings, but today she felt cold, rather than uncomfortably warm. She splashed herself with cool water, struggling to contain this wanderlust that wanted to take control of her.

Xent laid in bed, still asleep, shifting a bit, and reaching out for Tamsin, not finding her body, he woke up. His neck twitching, "What the?" He looked around, shaking his head, "Tamsin?"

Although she had never been one to seek out help, this time Tamsin felt so disoriented and pained that she did come out of the bathroom when she heard Xent calling for her, speaking to him in a rush of breath, "I feel wrong. It's like...I just need to go. I can't stay here." Her palms and face were clammy, and such was her inner panic that she was beginning to tremble.

He looked at her as she told him that, the phoenix, it had to have been the phoenix. He cursed a little, and grabbed her hand, pulling her out into the fresh morning dew outside, the phoenix would have to deal with this, he couldn't just let Tamsin die.

When she got outside, Tamsin wanted to run, and was only saved from doing this by Xent's hand, and the fact that she was still so weak thanks to her ongoing illness. Still, this feeling of needing to move only intensified, leading her to almost whimper, "Please let me go. I'm sure I'll be alright if I can just move." And she probably would be, for a time.

He sighed a little, "Walking ... and I am to stay by your side." He didn't trust the phoenix, somehow he had made Tamsin to want to look, it was disturbing. "Understand?" He asked.