Birds of a Feather

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Tamsin nodded, soon speaking in an almost breathless tone, "Thankyou." She still had no idea why she needed to do this, but soon walked briskly in a random direction, searching for something - though she had no idea what. The only plus side was that the anxiety did begin to abate as she moved around.

Xent followed, only 3 feet behind her, making sure she didn't get any funny idea's that would ruin his day, the phoenix was getting on his nerve's though, and he knew soon, it would have to leave, if he were to keep his sanity.

Meanwhile, Verniok sat in his cave, a small smile spread on his lips, Xent, Tamsin, and Ignatius were moving, "Ignatius, Ignatius, Ignatius ..." he said, glad for the fire bird's stupidity and pride, "Bring them to me ..."

The journey continued, Tamsin wandering back and forth, though she did manage to move largely in one direction. In time, she moved beyond the settlement, once again entering the wilderness, beginning to head up towards the danger she was unaware of. She was deepply frightened, but the girl felt unable to speak now, as if not quite in control of her body. They would be upon him soon.

Xent grabbed her hand, "Tamsin ... this is too far, don't you think?" He asked, looking at her, "We should return to the city ..." he said, trying to stop the phoenix's grip on Tamsin's mind, "Look more around the city, I mean ..."

At the touch to her hand, Tamsin was jolted back to reality, her eyes wide as she looked at Xent as if he had only just appeared behind her. "I don't know." She spoke wearily, seemingly confused by all that was happening. "I was sure...I thought I needed to go that way." She shook her head, trying to clear her mind, though that was easier said than done.

He nodded softly, "Oh really?" He nodded a bit, pesky phoenix was clever at his idea, he shrugged a little bit though, "Don't know ..." hs said softly, looking back toward the city, "I think we should stay within the safety of the walls."

Tamsin bit her lip, looking in each direction, apparently torn by the two possibilities. "Are you sure?" She asked, fidgeting a little as she spoke, even now struggling with the idea of remaining still. "I'll stay, if you really think that's best...but I think I really might need to leave soon." She was acting wholly out of character, and even as she spoke, inwardly she berated herslf for being so stupid, though she remained powerless to stop it.

He shook his head, "Tamsin ... this isn't you ... please listen to reason." He said still holding her hand, "The phoneix lies." He said coldly.

Tamsin was frightened, and understandably so. She was beginning to think that she would rather just endure the pain than the fear that coursed through her now. But when Xent was so direct, Ignatius became angry, taking it out on the only person he had access to. She fell to the floor, clutching her head, feeling as though something were screeching in there, and for all intents and purposes, he was. "Xent, please...take me back." She murmured as she struggled to stand, now contending with yet more coughs that were more violent than ever.

Xent nodded, picking her up, and cradling her, carrying her back to the city, cursing a little, telling a passin Lastan citizen to retrieve Junto, and that it was important as he carried Tamsin home.

She wasn't usually comfortable with making a scene, or even asking for help, but in this case she could think of little other than her discomfort. A little blood came from her mouth, staining her lips as she spoke, "I'm sorry. I don't know what's happening." Ignatius continued his onslaught, seemingly not caring that he was damaging his host to the point of her giving up the ghost.

Xent growled, Junto would be on his way soon, he spoke calmly to her, "Shh it'll be okay." He whispered, he wanted the phoenix to stop, he had to get it's attention, "Ignatius." Xent called, looking at her, "I request an audience with you." He said.

Tamsin was barely conscious at this point, and her weakness allowed the phoenix to come to the fore without too much trouble. You rang? The creature chuckled, apparently amused by his escapades.

Xent sighed slightly in relief, "I will make you a deal, if you leave Tamsin's body, and she is still alive, I will take you to ... your friend." He grit his teeth a little, "Does this sound fair? And you may use my body ... to meet him...." he closed his eyes tightly.

And now the ugly truth of the matter came out, something Ignatius had hoped not to have tto admit, Do you think I am here by choice? He snapped indignantly, clearly not impressed, She is nearly ripe, but we need a catalyst. The desperation of being faced with ethereal power could be just that. So, take us there now if you want her to have any chance. In truth, he fully expected it to kill her, though there was a possibility he would save her.

He sighed a little bit, he cursed a little after, "V-very well ... if she dies though ... you will ..." he stopped that and sighed gently, "Anyway's, fine let's go ..."

Good boy. I would suggest carrying us until we are almost there, Tamsin could do with all the strength she can get. He was merely offering some genuine advice, aware that Tamsin's survival hung in the balance.

He nodded, he hated the fact that he had to bring her and the phoenix to Verniok, but he figured the Phoenix would have to learn on his own. He picked Tamsin's body up and sighed.

They carried on in silence, Ignatius not seeing fit to speak any further, and his host remaining passed out for the remainder of the journey. She awoke only when they were close to their destination, stirring and furrowing her brow as she asked, "What happened? I'm sorry..." She barely remembered the way she had behaved, but knew she hadn't been right.

He sighed a little bit, "Go to sleep okay Tamsin?" He said gently, wanting her to go to sleep, ahe needed as much energy as she could muster, he didn't want to tell her they were going to see Verniok, but he had a plan to quickly escape.