Birds of a Feather

She wasn't sure why he wanted her to sleep, and thought about asking him, though she did think better of it in the end. "If that's what you think is best." Tamsin had to admit, she was still pretty tired, no doubt thanks to the antics of her parasite.

He nodded a little, "Unfortunately it is what's the best right now." He said, "I'll wake you later, okay?" He said gently, looking at her face, the truth was, he wasn't fully certain if she'd wake up if this went south.

Tamsin was still disoriented, but trusted in Xent enough to rest as he assured her it was the correct thing to do. Meanwhile, the phoenix quite rudely began to whistle, apparently finding this all rather amusing.

Xent cursed a bit at the phoenix in his head, the phoenix was a true definition of an arse, he sighed a little bit, "Hmm ... Ignatius ..." he said, "Why do you really want to see Verniok?" He asked.

I told you the truth. Tamsin gets herself worked up enough, she'll force me out. It wasn't quite that simple, but he saw no reason to elaborate any further. Plus, I'm not above teaming up with the worthy when it means I can get my revenge in a timely manner.

"Revenge?" Xent asked, "Revenge against who? Against what?" This phoenix wasn't telling him everything and he knew it, but why would the phoenix anyway's, they were worth nothing in his eyes.

It would likely come as no surprise that a straight an answer was not forthcoming. That's for me to know, and you to find out, you lopsided pigeon. Well, at least his insults were unique.

If Tamsin wouldn't die, he would have killed the phoenix by now, make some stew out of it, anything, the insatiable prick, Xent grit his teeth a bit, "We'll be there soon you fiery pelican." He said, if the phoenix was going to downgrade him, he could very well do the same, especially since Pelican's were annoying, he smiled at the thought, if Ignatius actually looked like a Pelican, he chuckled at the thought.

Had he the ability to punch Xent, he surely would have done, but as it was the bird only huffed in a rather childishly sulky manner. However, he was desperate to have the last word, and so he spoke just once more, Just make sure we get there in one piece.

He smirked a little, "Of course. However once we get there ... Verniok is still going to want us all dead ... however he may help you escape if I agree to truly fight him." He sighed a little bit.

Just because you call him a god, does not make him all powerful. He said, feeling that this man was putting far too much stock in this posessed man. Ignatius did not know the full scale of his power, but would not admit that there was anyone in the world that could trounce him a second time.

He sighed a little bit, thinking, "Hmm ..." he carried Tamsin's body more, carrying her toward the cave, they would need to hurry quickly.

In the silence, Tamsin remained asleep, though she seemed to grow uncomfortable and almost feverish in her slumber. It was mostly as a result of Ignatius' eagerness to get where they were headed, as he anticipated his freedom.

They arrived in front of Verniok's cave, he looked around, there was a presence here, it's where he had to be, Xent sighed a little, moving Tamsin's body slightly so they could fit in the narrow opening.

When they reached the cave entrance, Ignatius finally retreated back into the deeper psyche of Tamsin, allowing her to stir. "Where are we?" She asked, noting the darkness of their location, as well as the cold. Needless to say, she was just a bit frightened of it.

He sighed a little bit, still not wanting to tell her, "Where we need to go ..." He looked at Tamsin's face softly, and Xent felt guilt in the bottom of his sromach, "No matter what happen's I will still protect you." He went slightly into the cave.

In the darkness, Tamsin wished she could withdraw back into herself and hide, but unfortunately that just wasn't an option. "You don't need to protect me." She insisted once again, afraid that Xent would be hurt again if she allowed him to keep her from harm.

He shook his head, "I already told you Tamsin ... I will risk my life to protect your's, you are family to me now and I care about you ..." he didn't go into too much detail, he really would rather not at the time being, especially when both of them could die now.

Tamsin sighed, knowing full well that he wasn't about to back down. It seemed mutual care was not always a good thing, though it was something they would both have to live with. "Fine. Just, don't do anything reckless. Please." She could only hope that whatever happened would not be too disastrous.

Xent shook his head, "I'll try to be safe." He said softly, once they were out of the narrow passage, the cave expanded, to a wide dome, stalactite's and stalagmite's around, a green flame was in the center, as well as Verniok.