Beyond Third Rock

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt bit his lip and threw his pack down. He scooped her up in his arms and brought her down into the muddy puddle. He reached for handfuls of mud and spread it on her torso. He nibbled her bottom lip before marking his muddy handprint on her cheek.

"Mmm, I like you like this. The caveman in me is piqued." he murmured

Jane let out a hearty laugh, momentarily forgetting they were out in the middle of hostile territory. "I tell you what, caveman? You are officially the last man on Globus. I am officially the last woman on Globus....why don't we just call this rock our home?" She leaned up to kiss his lips, pulling his neck down with muddy hands. "Let's skin a cat and make a home. I've always wanted a permanent home."

Wyatt nuzzled her, kissing her back softly. "Last woman of Globus, does this mean I claim planet and woman as mine? Because as long as we're safe and are able to find enough food and water to sustain ourselves, I'm perfectly fine building a home here with you. Hell la vedette navire could leave and leave us here alone, and I wouldn't mind. As long as you didnt get tired of just my company, I think we'd be fine." he caressed her back with muddy hands.

Jane sighed, moaning softly at his touches. "Good..." She gazed up at him lovingly. "So let's go find ourselves a rock to hide under because I doubt us doing it out here is what you had in mind." She winked, an impish smirk crossing her lips.

Wyatt bit his lip. "We better find this damn rock quick, or I'mma take you right in the middle of this forest." his eyes glinted with mischeif but truth behind his words. With the map projected from his wristband they began the hike upland towards the series of cave and caverns. There would have to be a small nook in the system of rocks that would fit them and with an opening that could be closed securely maybe with another rock, one he could actually move.

Jane nodded, agreeing with him whole heartedly. She followed after him, excitement growing. Her affection for Wyatt was growing with every passing minute and she realized she wanted so much more with him than what she had ever wanted. She paused, blinking in the confirmation of what she had known. She loved him deeply.

Not just because fate had thrown them together. Not just because he was the first to have ever loved her or known her intimately.

Because now that he was in her life, she couldn't imagine one without him in it. "I've only known him three days now.." She scolded herself quietly. She caught up to him, eyes dark with her brooding thoughts.

She couldn't bring herself to admit it. It would make things bad if something were to happen with the beast.

After ages of walking and hiking, they finally reached a series of what looked like caves. Jane looked at Wyatt and shrugged. "Well?"

Wyatt bit his bottom lip as he thought, a habit he had come to have after years in military school. He hated the idea of splitting up but they would cover more ground apart.

"Sync your position to my map." He said waving his wrist. A little red triangle appeared on the map.

"Don't go too far. Mission is to find a suitable hideout. One we could use long term while hunting. Stay safe baby girl." He missed her lips gently. His eyes showed how much he cared and that he knew she could take care of herself but they showed the yearning for her to come back to him.

Jane nodded, grasping how serious he was when he leaned in to kiss her. She grasped her now firmly, heading off in the opposite direction.

She knew enough to be mindful of the snake like reptiles that this planet was said to possess. Jane still felt that unease and it seemed doubled without Wyatt around.

For an hour Wyatt searched. He checked the map every few minutes figuring out how far she was from him at all times. He figured he was crazy for wanting to protect her, the way his heart felt whole around her. She was Home to him now.

He stood peeking at a very small cavernous entrance. They would fit but it would be a tight squeeze.

"Baby girl, I'm gonna check this one out okay?" He called over the wristband. He placed his helmet on and turned on the lights. with his back and chest flush against two rock walls he side stepped slowly inwards, breathing slowly he was glad he wasn't claustrophobic.

Jane spent the hour searching her side of the rocks. She nodded, "okay. Be careful" she called over the wrist unit.

She found a cave, the mouth wide enough she could just walk in leisurely. She turned on the helmets functions, seeing the darkened cave as if it was lit. "I'm
Checking a cave too..." She called over the band, wincing as her voice echoed back to her. She shut off the communications portion, the hair standing on end as she delved further into the cave.

Wyatt looked at his map. As he pushed inwards the walls finally began to distance themselves and opened into a large round central area. There was quite a bit of brush on the ground and he froze. The circular motion of it made him think nest. He rang for Jane.

"Jane, I think we've found a hive." he whispered as he noticed there was a tunnel on the opposite side of the room. When she hadn't answered Wyatt began to worry. Pulling up the map he saw she was inching her way into the cave.

"Jane! stay out of the caves, we're going to need to find somewhere else, if it's not the creature it's something elses that will probably be just as harmful. Jane!" he walked around the tunnel trying to get a good look. Before he could step away the ground he was stepping on caved and he began to fall through the tunnel, much like a chute.

Jane had inched in to a wide cave system. She had no clue how far she had gone when her wrist unit started beeping. Confused, she brought up the display. Crackling came on from the other end and she felt her heart flutter. "Wyatt?"

What sounded like a whip cracking behind her made her turn. Standing in the entrance to her cave stood a feline larger than the size of a tiger. Multiple tails with barbed ends hovered. The dark blue fur was speckled as if from stars. Janes heart climbed into her throat as she saw the large fangs hanging from its mouth.

A terrifying screeching sound filled the cave and Jane took a step back. Pain filled her as one of the tails caught her arm holding the dagger. A frightened shout left her mouth and she jumped, dashing
Away and straight down a sheer cliff into the dark recesses below.

Wyatt didn't know where he was, it was pitch black except for the small area illuminated by the light from his helmet. When he looked around his heart nearly stopped. Dozens, dozens of large creatures lay sleeping. Blue fur sparkling with star like speckles, tails with barbs, fangs that hung from their lips. His head shot up when he heard the screech. He began to panic. If these things woke up, he was a goner.

He tip toed around the bodies searching for an exit. Jane... where was Jane? Oh God. he thought to himself. He dimmed his wristband as much as he could and brought up his map. She was directly above him, through Lord knew how many feet of rock and dirt. He found a tunnel and began to clamber through it. He had to find her.

Jane wasn't sure what had happened. All she knew was that it hurt to move. Her first thought was Wyatt and she looked around. She had slipped down into a pit of rock. Her wrist unit was flashing with alerts but she couldn't understand why.

She inched her other hand forward, flicking through the screen carefully. Drops of blood raced down her arm and she looked towards the gash. Her shoulder appeared sliced open, part of the reason she was having trouble.

The glow of her screen lit up her area and she kept as silent as she could. Laying all around her were rocks and bones of prey. "Wyatt?" She tried to call him over the comms, heart fluttering rapidly. "Please tell me you're alive. We need out of here."

Wyatt was in full tactical mindset. With his weapon drawn he mapped out the caverns. It took longer than he would have rather to close the space between him and Jane on the map. He hissed when his foot knocked a rock out of the tunnel he was exiting. The rock fell down to where there was a pit of stones, reverberating and echoing in the large open cave. A screech came then and he held fast, turning off his light immediately and turning on the heat sensors and night vision. The creature ran to the edge of the cliff above, sniffing and snarling as it searched in the dark. Wyatt's breathing was perfectly schooled and like his sniper training had taught him he kept his heart rate below sixty.

He eyed the cave, looking for Jane, he found her body up against the wall of the cliff. With his nightvision he could see she was losing blood and lots of it. He waited until the creature backed away from the edge before he quietly made his way to her.

"Jane!" he whispered. He noticed then just how big the gash was. He reached into his pack, pulling out a first aid kit. He packed the wound with gauze and wrapped an ace bandage around it. The sound of little stones crumbling around them made him panic. The creature was finding a way down to them. "We need to go. now." he whispered.

Janes face lit up when Wyatt appeared. "I know I told you that." She moved to stand to her feet, leaning against him with a wince. "I told you I think we found the beast. I'm gonna guess we want to find a shelter other than these caves..."

She smiled up at him, chuckling. "The kitty is not very nice you know." She groaned, moving forward and putting a hand to her head. "Watch the last step."

"That kitty is not a cat at all sweetheart, come on. Let's go." Wyatt placed his hand on the small of her back and led her away towards the tunnel he had come from. They moved slowly and quietly, afraid that any sound would wake the cave full of creatures. When they reached the sunlight once more he felt his tension release.

"They won't come out here in the sunlight. From what I gathered they're nocturnal. We need to get you fixed up. Thank God we have some of this futuristic medicine and shit. Come on." he said lifting her into his arms and carrying her. Once he hiked up to the closest peak he sat her down and began to rummage for the spray can. A fix it all of futuristic mumbo jumbo.

Jane tried to keep from rambling on their hike out of the caves. She felt along her pack, making sure her bow was in place and quiver was still there. As soon as they reached sunlight, she sighed and nodded. "Shelter...shelter first. We're gonna have to hide from them."

He picked her up and she leaned into him. She tried to fight off the exhaustion, inhaling his scent deeply. "We don't want the kitty cats finding us." She mumbled a few times, thankful when he sat her down.

"We should build a tree top shelter?" She looked up at the sky, smile crossing her lips. "I got an image on my helmet...the cat looks like it rolled on the stars. So beautiful...."

"Upload to the team, I had video recording the entire time as well. Everything was sent to them. Maybe they would be so nice as to provide us with a way to mass kill these things." Wyatt grumbled, knowing that Officer Rollins was listening to every word. He found the spray bottle in his pack and held her arm out. He frowned as he removed all the bandaging. It had gotten her straight down to the bone beneath the rotator cuff. She couldn't use her arm very well now, all the stabilizing joints had been shredded. He began to spray on the wound and shook his head in awe as the skin and sinew was made whole again, the wound gone as it had never existed. It would be sore but still usable.

"Allright, plan B that involves not walking right into their damn nest." Wyatt said with a frown. He blamed himself for leading them right to them.

Jane nodded, uploading the video. She looked at Wyatt, hissing at the spray. "That stung!" She jerked her arm away from him
Before staring at it in awe. "Amazing!"

Her eyes found his face and she grinned. "Give me a minute okay?" She grabbed his shirt, pulling him in close and kissing his lips passionately. "We are never doing the splitting up thing again okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.