Beyond Third Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wyatt stood in the room but faced away from the bed. He hoped they wouldn't try anything with him in the room. Trying to kill Jane would be a bad idea. Tom's voice could be heard and Wyatt peeked around a curtain to see him kiss the woman headed towards the exam room. He remembered Tom having said he was in love with the head of the medical bay. A young beautiful woman with kind eyes. She introduced herself as Dr. Jackie Rose. Wyatt did not turn but it did not take long for the test to be done. Wyatt was then swabbed and she moved towards the lab portion of the bay.

"We should have results within twenty minutes" she said to no one in particular. Wyatt moved to sit beside Jane on the bed.

Jane nearly bit one of the nurses heads off during the exam. They were all very careful but pain was still involved in an exam like that. She was thankful when it was over.

Wyatt moved to sit by her and she crossed arms and legs uncomfortably. Her fear was rising that they might find her infertile. Despite her knowledge that she wasn't thanks to her genes, she was still nervous. She reached out to grab Wyatts hand, squeezing it tightly.

Wyatt wrapped an arm around her and squeezed her fingers gently. "It'll be okay. Just think, maybe after this they'll just drop our asses off planetside and colonize on the other side of Globus." Wyatt tried to be positive, even offering a small half smile.

The test came back shortly thereafter. Dr. Rose walked back into the exam room and provided a zip drive of information to be given to Commander Jones.

"As of right now, I cannot tell you if you will become pregnant from the product of unprotected coitus or not, but there was enough DNA in the tract left over to match without a shadow of a doubt, 99.99% match to Wyatt Cole."

Wyatt looked at the officials with an incredulous look, as if it could be impossible for him to bed Jane unprotected.

"In order to tell you if you were ovulating during said date and it was your peak fertile day I would need to wait and map your cycle, which wouldn't matter because if it were a positive for pregnancy, you'd know that before I knew if you were fertile that day. So, if in a few weeks menses doesn't begin, take a test."

"We're going planetside." Wyatt interjected.

"And there will be a medical bay constructed within the next forty eight hours Mr. Cole. We're all going planetside." Tom spoke up from the other side of the curtain.

Wyatt shook his head. He had a bad feeling that Globus' alien inhabitants had yet to be irradicated. Third rock had more than one predator, what gave Commander Jones the idea that Globus had only one?

Jane fought back a cry of exultation at the announcement. They were free whether she was fertile or not. She relaxed in Wyatt's arms, enjoying his presence.

Medical bay? But they were going planet side! She heard everyone was going planet side and she suppressed a violent shudder. Her green eyes searched for Wyatts, worry crossing her lips. "Well whatever. We want to be dropped now." She squeezed his hand, praying they could keep their cave to themselves.

"Wy, you have orders. You both will be dropped planet side but they will be picking you up regularly." Tom said squeezing Dr. Rose's shoulders.

"What for?" he asked flicking his wrist and skimming over the new orders. He was going to be used as an active soldier, even after colonization. Wyatt all but screamed. Sometimes he thought being back on Earth was better than dealing with Commander Jones and her rules.

"When do we go planetside?" Wyatt asked standing.

"As soon as you want." Tom answered. He looked at Jane knowing she was beyond ready.

"Let's go babygirl." he said holding her hand to help her stand from the bed.

Jane bristled upon seeing her orders. They had been sent to her separate from Wyatts. A note about her skills in combat being added. The memory of her own rage tainting her mind the color red filled her. It caused her to blame herself that they would still be used as ground troops.

She looked up with a smile upon hearing it was up to her. "Now. I want to go now," she allowed Wyatt to help her, wincing slightly as her bare feet hit the floor.

She grabbed her clothes from the tray beside the bed. Ignoring the ones around her, having felt exposed enough for one day, she began dressing.

Wyatt stood between the Doctor, Tom and Jane. He narrowed his eyes, he didn't want anyone else abusing Jane with their eyes, she had been abused enough today. Once she was dressed he held her hand as they made the way to the docking bay where pods were being prepped for the coming days of colonization. They would go down in waves, the first troops for clearing the land of any predators, next wave the builders, farmers and so on and so forth until Globus was inhabited. More like invaded.

Wyatt stood by a pod as an attendant prepped the pod. Once inside Wyatt looked at the map on his wristband and entered the coordinates just above the cave, upon the cliff. He sat down and locked himself into his seat. Groaning he remembered the first trip planetside. He didn't like hitting the atmosphere.

"Just get this over with." he whined holding his head.

Jane smiled at the way Wyatt shielded her from view of the others. She marveled at the thought of someone caring for her in those gentle ways. She gripped his hand tightly as they made their way to the pods.

She slipped into a seat, relief emanating from her body as she did. "It's gonna be alright babe." She reached forward, running a hand through his hair to comfort him.

The pod rocketed out into space and closer to Globus as the seconds trickled past. They were breaking atmosphere a little while later and Wyatt grit his teeth, groaning as the pod jolted from the friction. When the chute pulled and they landed atop the cliff he let out a deep sigh. He let himself out of his restraints and jumped out of the pod, stretching his legs and wanting to kiss the ground beneath him.

"I don't want to ever make that trip again! ever!" he said laying on the ground and feeling it, unwavering beneath him.

Jane unfastened the straps holding her on her seat. She jumped out of the pod and watched Wyatt for a few moments. He looked so happy...

She moved to lay on him, smiling and kissing his lips. "Neither do I..." Her eyes shone with unexpressed emotions and she stared at him joyfully.

Wyatt kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her tightly. "Mine." he murmured as he kissed at her ear lobe. The suns were bright and the temperature was pretty warm. He knew the cave would be cooler, and he hoped all of their belongings and their packs, their weapons were still all there.

"Only if you catch me..." Jane whispered before she jumped to her feet and dashed towards their cave. She laughed, anchoring herself and rappelling down as fast as possible. As soon as she was in the cave she looked around .

Everything remained as they had left it. Even the sheets were off the bed and on the cave floor.
"Home, sweet home..."

Wyatt watched her go and smiled in fascination. This woman was amazing and one of a kind. He harnessed himself up and rapelled down to the cave opening. It was nearly ten degrees cooler it seemed and he smiled as he looked around. Shedding his shirt he walked around picking up, tidying up as if it were truly a home.

Jane grinned, watching Wyatt tidy up. She moved towards the bed, making it swiftly. Peeling off her clothes, she moved to throw them in the corner. "Ohhhh a bed!" She ran hands over it, a soft purr escaping her lips. "After that cold jail cell..."

Blinking rapidly, Jane remembered the pelts she had grabbed the other day. "That'll be good in winter.." She glanced over at them, enchanted by the fur

Wyatt looked over at her with raised brow. "Are you trying to tease me madam?" he asked as he layered wood for a fire he would start later. "Because I'm at least wearing pants." he snickered.

Jane looked at him, blushing and quickly averting her gaze. "I want to wash my clothes. They're all dirty..." She stood, grabbing them all and preparing to move towards the front of the cave. "I'll just wash them in the spray..."

Wyatt sat on the edge of one of the smaller boulders and crossed his arms, watching her as she sashayed towards the spray of the waterfall, the reason why it was that much cooler in the cave. He licked his lips and shook his head. He loved this woman, he was sure of it.

Jane sat down, goosebumps cropping up across her body as the spray hit her. She washed the clothes using just the spray, doing the best she could. She looked back at Wyatt, catching his stare. "Bring me your clothes I'll do them real quick." She grit her teeth, trying to prevent her teeth from chattering with the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.