Eyeing the few people already sat around the pool and deciding that they seemed nice enough not to worry about too much, the demon finally took his seat beside Ivan, after laying his own towel out. As nice as everyone seemed to be, keeping to their own business, he couldn't really forget where they were, and just how religiously-minded most tourists would be to travel to Vatican City. Two men relaxing by the pool together was bound to receive a few glances, but as long as it was just kept at that, there wasn't going to be an issue. Not that Azaiah was going to hold back from kissing Ivan or holding his hand, not at all - he just wanted everyone to mind their own business and not say anything, that was all.

"Pretty nice, isn't it? I mean, this is what I consider a holiday to be. Just relaxing by the pool, topping up on my tan, ordering some cocktail and fried food. I don't think you should lift a finger on vacation-- and I don't really want you to stress or strain yourself, alright? Just lay back and call over some poolside waiter if you want a drink."

"You really do want to treat me, huh?" He teased, while making sure to sit up properly. "Mm, nothing sounds better than a proper cup of wine and some sweets right now, but I don't think I want to gain another 20 pounds. What about you?"

As he spoke, Ivan moved to easily reach over to the other chair and hold onto Azaiah's hand. His eyes scanned the poolside for Angel, assuming that he wasn't lying when he said he'd make an appearance, after all. The boy was unique, but he was certainly nice, and it was nice to be able to surround himself with pleasant people.

"You really think he'll show up? I mean, I hope so. I hate when people break promises, yeah?" He murmured, while rummaging through his pocket to grab a pair of sunglasses, sighing in content when truly offering the full vacation aesthetic.

"Angel? I hope so, I mean... I feel guilty about a lot of stuff and he is my son, so I want to get to know him, I suppose. As long as his mother stays away, it'll be fine, though she's clearly done a good job raising him, so... I'm sure he'll turn up. Unless he got scared. I mean, he's... very out there, you know? With his appearance and whatnot, and I doubt people here are going to shower him with compliments," admitted Azaiah as he rested his hands behind his head after slipping on his own sunglasses, at least glad that he could keep check on surrounding tourists - he definitely wasn't afraid to square up to anyone if they dared make a rude comment, especially when Angel arrived. Hell, Azaiah was almost predicting somebody to verbally insult his son. It was almost inevitable.

"If he doesn't' turn up, I assume that he doesn't want to forgive me, or his mother came and stopped him, or... I dunno, just wait it out, he'll be here."

Waving down a waiter, he did order the appropriate, admittedly fruity drink. Whenever he went out to restaurants at home, even if that was rare, he never ordered any of the cute looking drinks. He typically ordered gingerale, or water, and if this trip was any indication of how much he had honestly decided to stop giving a fuck, it was the fact that he ordered the brightest, largest sized alcoholic drink he could. When handed over the vibrant blue drink, he shot Azaiah a proud smile.

"Oi, look at this! This... It looks like one of Laura's hair colors, to be honest. She used to be this sort of blue back in school all the time, this and purple were her favorite," he explained with a sigh of nostalgia, before taking a large sip greedily. He eventually offered it over to the other, even if a large portion of the already large glass was gone.

Admittedly, as strange as it was to see Ivan go all out and truly sticking a finger up at everything he was supposed to do, it was also incredibly relieving. He always hated how serious his boyfriend honestly had to be with his job, so seeing him for once just fully relax was brilliant-- especially when he was opting for the fanciest drink he could.

Before he could really take a sip for himself, having to move the straw and cocktail sticks with fruit out the way first, his attention was grabbed by Angel entering the large outdoor area. As told, he arrived with his usual makeup attire on, though his usual upbeat personality had all but faded. He walked in with a rare frown, his demeanour generally more subdued, and as he gratefully accepted the poolside chair Azaiah had saved for him, he barely said a word other than 'hi' and 'thanks' before sitting back with his sunglasses on.

"Is everything-- Are you alright? Did someone say something? I knew someone would-- who was it? Ignore them, they don't have a clue--"

"My mother was at my hotel room, I'm basically disowned," shrugged Angel, interrupting quietly as he began to remove his sequined jacket and army boots. "They -my grandma and Makai- told my Mama that I can't come home because I was choosing you over them and not being loyal, so... so my mother was obviously distraught that I've just been banished, but... but it didn't stop her from just dumping all my stuff from home in that hotel room and leaving me. It's fine, though. I'm a grown man, I'll be... I'll be alright! Gosh, I'm not crying over a silly thing like this. I hate Hell anyway, it's so hot and loud and I don't like my family much..."

"Oh my - I'm so sorry, Angel," Ivan whispered, immediately getting to his feet in horror. "Well, I... I mean, you can always join our little, unconventional family. I know you may not like us, for whatever reason, but we at least share something in common; we both hate Makai."

His outright 'hate' statement was evidence of his easily tipsy state, though he wasn't going to flat-out swear and belittle Makai... yet. Maybe two of the extravegant drinks, and he'd be badmouthing the demon to no end. Lucky for the other two, he instead offered a caring smile as he wrapped the towel around himself.

"Listen, Angel, how can we help? I mean... Obviously, Azaiah and I are a bit limited on our access, but I'm sure we could figure out something. I may be a shitty priest, but I'm still a priest, and taking care of others is still my top priority."

Rather than get horrified and jump to his feet in chatter, Azaiah stayed sat back against the plastic deck chair. While it may seem initially that he didn't care as much, it soon became evident that he did: his scowl and extremely stormy expression was testament to how much he cared. He may have ignored his son most his life, but it wasn't like Angel had been crying out for attention, either. It had seemed mostly mutual that they both lead their own lives.

He wasn't surprised that the boy was thrown out, though. That was how they acted down there - Azaiah knew that from experience. He'd been a servant all his life, he'd become like family, and yet they turned their back on him and banished him, with the threat of death should he try and return. Granted, he did fall in love with a human priest-- but Angel had been noting but loyal, and this was his reward? Of course it enraged his father, beyond that even.

"...I don't have money to lend, because if I did, I'd give it to you. Like Ivan said, you can come and stay with us as long as you want. Ivan's... he's very giving, he won't want to see you out on the street, and neither would I, so you can come with us back to Macon, if you can cope living in a super religious little town. It's really cute though, the people are lovely, you'll fit right in."

Sniffing quietly at the shows of consideration and care, in clear contrast to the cold abandonment of his family, Angel shot the two men a thankful smile, after calling a waiter over and ordering his own drink. He hadn't been on earth long, but he'd learnt already that a good vodka cocktail made everything seem a little better. "I don't want to be in the way of your relationship, though. It must be incredibly... irritating to have your boyfriend's son rock up suddenly to live at your home, Ivan, I... I get it if you'd rather I didn't."

"My sister decided to move to California, hook up with a demon, leave again, get married, have twins... Do you honestly think that you dropping in is a burden? I'm only really disappointed that I couldn't have spent more time with Azaiah alone. You finding a place to stay is more important, to be honest. You're... young, for a demon, right? I don't know how the whole age thing works," he admitted, while running a hand through his blonde locks.

"Macon will be a bit shaken up by you, I won't lie. The town is mostly elderly women, widowed. I'm sure they'll see you and immediately think you're some strange Northerner trying to change the ideals of the town. They'll get to know you, and like you, just like how they've come to love Azaiah. Hell, Azaiah can't even touch most of the things in the church, yet they don't care."

"And hey, don't get offended if they gossip about you. They gossip about everyone, it's their thing. We call them the gossip parade, it's all they do. They get together over a glass of iced tea and some lemon drizzled cake and gossip. I mean, I'm acting like it's terrible, but I enjoy it. They're nice gals, you'll fit right in once they see you're a sweet kid with a dynamite personality, okay? And let's be honest, you're my son. You're good-looking. They like good-looking guys, you'll be fine~"

"...If you're sure, I guess that'd be nice? I don't really have anywhere else, so... so yeah, obviously I'm agreeing! It's either that or taking up a piece of sidewalk to sleep on, and that ain't me. I'd crease all my expensive blazers and get my jewellery stolen-- and gosh, I wouldn't know where to find a full-length mirror if I was homeless, you know?" responded Angel tiredly, just about getting over the emotional outburst that had threatened to escape - the kindness from the two countered it neatly enough. "What's the night scene like? I can't imagine it's thriving in a little community like that, huh?"

"Well, there's bingo night, which is really fun. We also have potluck dinners pretty often... they hold a theater in the park sort of thing every month, too. I know you're more of the 'get high and party' type, so Atlanta ain't too far. You're a demon, you can do that whole travel-y thing, right?" Ivan babbled, while getting some critical looks by the annoying guests. It was one thing to be so overly affectionate with someone with the same gender, and having a guy dressed in glitter and gold, but being loud with his thick southern accent was the last straw for some.

"Look, I'm sure I'll fit in-- and even if I don't, I'm gonna work on it so I do, okay? I'm pretty likeable, I think." Angel said quickly, completely aware of the looks they were garnering. Usually, he soaked up all sorts of attention, and in the face of negativity shot his way, he would simply offer some flirtatious wink and a wave. It had shut up the few burly, drunk men he'd come across the night before, anyway. However, in this case, he decided wisely that he would lower his voice and try and keep to themselves. He didn't want to have to be confronted when he was trying to relax with his father and Ivan

Adjusting his sunhat and glasses, he made a clear effort to keep quiet, sipping on his fancy cocktail without much noise or overly flamboyant gestures... though he wasn't going to stop talking about what he wanted to talk about, even if that was to do with his love life. "...Are there any cute guys at the church then? Or is it awkward to set your sort of stepson up on a date?"

"There are a few young guys about," he admitted. "You know, I'm not much older than you. Ain't that strange? Chock it up to the demon thing, I guess." He commented, his voice donning a bit of a slur as he watched Azaiah take far more gingerly sips. The sight immediately made him embarrassed, hoping that the guest wouldn't see him as a booze-whore.

"I'll find someone," he reassured, before clearing his throat. "I... I'm really sorry, to be honest. I'm not a matchmaker, how I ended up with your father was a complete fluke. A good one, though!"

"Or maybe you could focus on more important things than finding a boyfriend. I'm not sure you'll find anyone in Macon-- and it's nothing to do with you. You're like me, right? Confident, attractive. You'd have no issues. It's just... not many men openly admit to being gay in the area, it's just not something guys do. It's really religious where we live-- but hey, I suppose you shouldn't give up. I'm glad you're open to dating a human. I want you to integrate yourself, get involved, show that you're not like that family down in Hell. What's your type, anyway?"

"I dunno. Athletic guys, guys with a sense of humour-- I adore blondes," admitted Angel after a moment or two, his smile finally tugging back at his lips. "I'll keep an eye out, alright? I want to get a job and do all these normal human things."

"A lot of husbands do, but I don't think you wanna be a homewrecker." Ivan commented, not really caring much that he was ruining the confession of others. Granted, he didn't mention names, so that was fine, right? "There's, like, a whole underground group. I've had handfuls of men come and confess. Little did they know, I'm making out with a demon at home."

With a wide grin, he lightly nudged Azaiah playfully for extra emphasis.

His decision to keep quiet on the 'homewrecker' comment was a good one. He was hardly going to mention in front of his father and his religious boyfriend that, in fact, he'd happily wrecked a few relationships in Hell because he thought a guy was cute - he hadn't remotely cared if they had a girlfriend. As far as Angel had been concerned, they'd just been in the way of him getting what -and who- he wanted.

"...Mm, I just want some friends, that's all. I'll make friends easily, I like to think people will love me. I'm sure a good deal of them will hate me too, but that's life, isn't it~? I'll just find a nice few friends I can hit the town and get drunk with~"

"Sounds wonderful," Ivan drawled, before letting out a heavy yawn. Glancing over to the demon, he offered a smile before deciding to pull the chair down to lie flat.

"Mm... So, you're staying at a hotel? You can do that whole travel thing, right? If you can't afford staying in the hotel much longer, you have every right to stay at our house. My sister, Laura, will be a bit shocked, but... I'm sure she'll get over it." He stated simply.

"I'm going to need the address, or I'll spend months trying to find it. I'm sure your sister's a lot of fun. I'm fun, so she'll like me at least-- and I'll introduce myself to the neighbours and do all of that. I do get the impression that this is you trying to subtly tell me to fuck off, though. Like, I'd like to hang out with my Dad, but hey, that's fine," shrugged Angel with a faux-serious pout. If he was honest, he really wouldn't have cared if the other told him outright to piss off - he knew this was their vacation and he was intruding, and it was enough that Ivan had let him stay this long.

"Kidding. Don't worry, alright? I'll have a few drinks, go out for lunch by myself and then head back to your house and settle in. You two are on holiday, it's totally normal to want to be alone."

"I'm sorry, Angel. I... I mean, you can stay! I just... was hoping to have some more private time with your father," Ivan admitted, while sideglancing the man. "I mean... It's okay, it'll be okay." He reassured.

Sitting up, he decided to stand - though wobbled just a tad - and shot a grin towards both of them. "If you're going to stay, let's take a dip!"

"Is that wise? Maybe you should just come sit down and sunbathe? I don't want you slipping and knocking your head, alright? Hell, I'm a little tipsy right now and I don't think you'd want me walking about on wet poolside tiles, right? Just come and sit back down until some of that alcohol has been soaked up," the demon called out to his boyfriend, trying to be as subtle as he could manage without coming outright and telling the other that he was too tipsy to be really relied upon to go swimming without hurting himself. He didn't mind the other drinking like this - it was their vacation and he wanted to let loose, that was fine. He just wanted him to be safe at the same time, and this didn't really seem... safe.

Pouting, Ivan ran his fingers through his blonde hair with a whimper, at least attempting to have Azaiah fall for his feigned upset. He then eyed up both men, before grinning slowly.

"Come in with me, then! You know, you two are definitely father/son. I mean, outside of the make up and the longer hair, Angel, you're a spitting image. It's sweet," he cooed, before moving to snatch the sunscreen and spraying himself properly.