"Nah, I think it's cute. I mean, like you said, you practically raised her, so it's only normal she gives you a gift. I have a few blood siblings, and none of them even gave me birthday gifts. Then again, it's not a huge deal down there unless you're in the hierarchy. Saying that, Makai's mother got me birthday presents, so I can't pretend to be some ignored loser," he shrugged, briefly finding himself frowning at the mention of the woman. For all her faults, and the fact she definitely favoured Makai over her other children, she had been more of a mother to Azaiah than his own. He had been a servant, granted, but she treated him like a son, and knowing he'd just turned his back on her like he had did make him feel guilty. He didn't regret his decision, but he did wish he went about it a little more... maturely.

"Well, I'll try and shower you with as many gifts as you want next time it's your birthday - how old are you?" He questioned curiously, the conversation never really being brought up. Shivering once in the elevator, he offered a glance towards Azaiah with a cheeky grin. "I want to shower you in Over The Hill mugs. Like, get rid of all of our glass cups or vintage mugs, that's all we're going to have. I want people to come to our house and just raise a brow, only for us to giggle at them."

With a drunken snort, he happily sighed once inside the hotel room. Tugging out clothes from his suitcase, he grinned at the surprisingly fancy and sleek, geometric patterned button up. Staring at himself, he couldn't help but snort in surprise. "I'll look terrible."

Staying silent for a good few seconds to try and avoid the talk of his age, he eventually groaned and collapsed onto the bed to wait for the other to get changed. Ivan didn't have an outfit specifically in mind yet, so offering him his undivided attention and his advice seemed to be the best idea when he himself could throw on his own outfit in two minutes.

"I'm too old, put it that way. Makai and I are the same age, a few days apart. You know he's well over a hundred, so... it's fair to assume I am too. I would give a specific age, but I've genuinely lost count. Maybe around the 150 mark? I... yeah, you don't need to put that many candles on my birthday cake," he pointed out, trying to be casual about it, even if he was incredibly concerned that saying his age aloud would only cause Ivan to grow uncomfortable. Dating a demon was probably uneasy anyway, so to be reminded that he was decades older than Ivan wasn't going to be very settling.

"You'd look cute in that-- who cares what people think? If you're comfortable, then that's all that matters, isn't it?"

Ivan paused at the number, never really having made the connection on how hold the man could really be. He knew they sort of aged, incredibly slowly, but it never occurred to him that he could be only a little less than 10 times his age. Instead of growing negatively uncomfortable, he instead burst into laughter.

"You're a real cougar, ain't ya? Hey, I'm not making fun of you, but jeez! Now I have to get some old man stuff. I'll put some prune juice out for you every morning, get you some 'oldie but a goodie' shirt or somethin'..." he babbled on, his eyes shining in delight at the thought.

"See, this is partly why I didn't tell you. You're going to tease me relentlessly over this, aren't you? I'm old compared to you, but hey, in my kind, I'm actually really fucking young, so less of the 'old' stuff, hm?" He huffed, though of course, he much preferred the teases and the playful demeanour than his boyfriend growing uncomfortable around him. If he had to put up with the jokes for the rest of his life, he gladly would.

"Just... get dressed so we can head out for lunch and take all those pictures you want. Maybe we could get a postcard to send back to Laura and Angel? That'd be cute-- we have to go home and tell them that we plan on moving, but... I don't know, we could definitely be in a new place in a new country within a month if you wanted to get going quickly."

"Oi, don't rush me." He scolded, before tugging on the proper clothes. Once checking himself out in the 'fancy' button up and black shorts, he offered a teasing pose. "See? I'm done. You're the only one still in their swimsuit. Look, I'll get our stuff together whilst you go and get all prettied up."

With a whistle, he easily turned away to offer the proper privacy, despite the fact that not only had the two seen one another get dressed hundreds of times, but the fact that they had sex just the other night was telling of the small bit of classical 'Southern Boy' in him.

"You don't have to give me privacy, I think it's a bit dumb that you're looking away when we've just had sex not even twelve hours ago, but hey, you are a gentleman, ain't you?" He responded, grabbing up his casual clothes from the chair he'd set them out on, not too bothered about looking fancy. Unlike his son who clearly cared about every article of clothing he put on himself, Azaiah was pretty happy to wear anything comfortable. He had no sense of style, but fortunately, everything tended to look good on him - he'd dispute that, but it was pretty obvious that he could make a plain tee look expensive.

"Right, are we done now? I mean, I'm starving," he admitted, pulling his sunglasses back on and, after dousing on a little aftershave, made a less than subtle gesture to the door. "We haven't had pasta yet, and it'd be ridiculous not to try proper Italian pasta."

"Slow down, slow down! I gotta get on my fancy loafers!" He insisted, before urgently tugging on a proper pair of shoes. Shooting one more glance in the mirror, it was hard for him to smile at just how... well, hot he looked. Because of that, he confidently hooked his arms with Azaiah's with no problem.

"Okay, I got the camera! I've got to take a picture of the Vatican with both of us in front of it for Jennifer. She'll probably swoon, and wish she was here. I'm pretty sure her husband would punch you in the face, if it weren't for the fact that you're so loved~" He cooed teasingly. "I mean, I'd love to see you fight a 60 year old vet."

"What, you don't think I could take him on? I'm not a violent person, I'm practically an angel in most things I do, but I could take on Jennifer's burly, tough husband if he wanted to fight me, sure. It's not my fault I'm attractive, is it? We can't help it if we're both pretty cute," he grinned back at him. He wasn't an arrogant person, and if he was, he was far from being on Makai's level, but he felt he could at least play himself up a little in the effort of being flirtatious. It was hardly flirty if he went on some self-deprecating rant, was it?

"I'd have that guy give up within five seconds. I'm tough as nails. I just don't show you that, that's all. Let's just see if it happens. I suppose it might one day. All the husbands hate me, I'm not deaf - they all whisper about me when they think I can't hear. It'd be upsetting if it wasn't so hilarious, really."

"Are you saying you won't leave me for a 70 year old married woman?" He teasingly gasped, while eagerly tapping his toes. "I mean, it would be pretty sad. I think. I know you're a cougar, though, so I'm not surprised~! She'd be too close to your age."

With a cheeky wink, he sighed in relief of the lack of misfortune when they stepped out onto the cobblestone street. Clutching the camera in hand, he motioned for Azaiah to stand in front of the hotel doors. "I gotta capture this. A demon, enjoying the streets of one of the holiest places on Earth. I wish I had more demon friends, I'm sure they'd laugh."

"Why would you want more demon friends for that? Everyone in Makai's family is probably ridiculing me right now, so hey, don't worry about it. They know we're here, they'll know that this place is holy and revered, so I'm pretty sure they're laughing at me. Either that, or detesting my guts even more than they did," he admitted, while rolling his eyes behind his glasses. As cocky as he could seem, he really wasn't lying when he said he didn't like his photograph being taken. He was only arrogant for the purposes of flirtation, anyway. Truth be told, being the centre of attention really didn't suit him.

"Just smile, will you?" He whined, before snapping the picture with a grin. "I'll probably pin it to the wall, I've been looking up stuff on Pinterest to make the bedroom cuter. It's pretty bland right now, sort of been wanting to redecorate. We can get a cork board, pin our pictures up... I gotta take a picture of Hunter and Jeff, what sort of family would we be without our kids up? If I actually had a Facebook, I would want them as my profile." He insisted, his lip only twitching down a tad at the thought of their oversized dogs. He shook it off, though, desperate to keep the town out of his mind to focus on their situation.

"I told you I don't like having my photograph taken. I just... I don't really like it-- but for you, I suppose I'd have a thousand photographs taken if you insisted. You've already had me helping out at church, I'm pretty sure you could make me do anything for you at this point-- and demons are the ones who are supposed to be irresistible and convincing," snorted the man as he snatched the photo to examine it himself, frowning just a little at the flaws he instantly saw in himself, before handing it back with the widest smile he could force out.

"Hey, priests are supposed to be convincing," he stated simply as he offered a drunken snort. Taking the camera back. Reviewing the picture, it was obvious that Ivan thought otherwise on account for his clearly adoring look. Shoving the camera back into the bag, he offered the other a small smile.

"Come on, now! Can't just stand in the middle of the walkway. Let's go check out some fountains and enjoy the nice breeze~?" He cooed softly, before offering a quick peck on the cheek

To say that Azaiah was self-conscious would be an understatement. Everywhere he glanced, he saw someone with a cross around their neck-- or, if it wasn't visible, the likelihood was that they were indeed wearing one. It was just a feeling, something he knew, and that knowledge really didn't make him comfortable. Sure, he went to a church with Ivan where most people wore crosses, but that was back in Macon, in a small community. It wasn't Vatican City, where thousands of religiously-minded tourists visited at any given time. That, for a demon, was terrifying. Hell, even Makai didn't want to step foot there, so for Azaiah, every second did genuinely feel like an hour... and it wasn't the best emotion to have while trying to enjoy a vacation.

"Hey, not to kick up a fuss, but... like, can we go get some ice cream first or something? It'll calm me down a bit, this is all just... I'm getting a headache from being here, and I really want to enjoy this, so if we go get some ice cream, it'll stop me freaking out about bursting into flames."

Blinking in surprise from the other's seemingly sudden discomfort and, even in his buzzed state, carefully took the demon's hand in his. After all, Azaiah was usually the one who stayed calm in situations like these, so to see him panic was distressing. Nonetheless, he peered around the large circle of buildings, he did lock eyes on a sorbet shop, leading him inside carefully.

"Are you alright? You don't look too hot," he observed, while taking a seat in one of the bright, hip chairs that clearly contrasted the town outside. "I... Is it the crosses and stuff? You're getting sick from them?"

"I'm fine, I just need to cool down and relax a little, that's all. I mean, maybe I'm a little sick, but it's nothing I can't handle. Hey, I'm a tough-ass demon, right? A few crosses ain't going to rattle me, I can handle it," he encouraged, physically relaxing once inside the brightly-coloured sorbet place. That said, he had the urge to rub his temples in an effort to try and relieve the headache he'd been hit with, but neglected to do so, feeling that it would only cause Ivan to worry more... and he wanted to avoid that whenever possible.

"Hey, relax, we're on vacation, right? I got a little headache but it's nothing to worry about. I mean, I was obviously going to get a little sick being here, I knew that already," he continued, reaching for the menu to browse the options, though he'd take anything cold and sweet right now. "We could share a sundae, that's romantic, isn't it~?"

"Of course. A good sundae and a cup of coffee," he replied in a whisper, while holding his hand in his carefully. He tried to smile, but it was hard to when he realized he was causing so much pain. So, with a sigh, he moved to offer a quick peck.

"I'm sorry. I... Maybe we should have picked a better place, huh? I didn't think you'd get sick over this. I love you, a-and I'd rather have gone somewhere else if it makes you better?"

"I told you," he insisted tiredly, resting his head on his hand with a bored look at having to repeat himself. "I'm fine, I'm not ill. It's headache, no big deal."

Letting go of the other' hand, he locked his eyes on the menu to avoid any contact with his boyfriend's. He could tell the irritation from his overbearing personality, so quickly tried to do the opposite by instead focusing on the flavors of ice cream. At this point, though, he was anything but hungry.

To at least pretend to be okay, he ordered a small cone of buttercream and offered a smile to the man, once again keeping his eyes on the man rather than Azaiah.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron