• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
He did feel just a little guilty about accepting the number, after hearing his mother rant and growl about how much she hated Ivan, but it didn't stop Angel from cradling the piece of paper with a genuinely delighted grin. As confident and as flamboyant as he clearly was, and as many boyfriends he somehow had on the go, not many demons in Hell liked him. He was often called an 'embarrassment to the hierarchy' or simply 'disgusting', and some of those comments came from within his own family. Admittedly, as much of an asshole Makai was, he only ever really supported his nephew when it came to how Angel wanted to portray himself, so he at least loved Makai for that.

"Totally, I'll... it's our secret, I promise. I appreciate this, this is... it's nice to have someone sit with me who only has nice things to say. My Dad doesn't care that much, my family are, in the most part, discouraging... Oh gosh, I'm sounding so depressing, that's not me at all~! I--"

"...I thought you were meeting for lunch, not breakfast? And since when is cheesecake a good start to the day?" Grumbled Azaiah from the doors of the balcony, rubbing the back of his neck with a less than subtle yawn, before flopping onto a chair. He had haphazardly pulled on some shorts and a casual t-shirt, though his messy hair and generally exhausted demeanour spoke volumes. Grabbing a plate for himself, he would have shown a little irritation at Angel's presence, if he hadn't noticed the fact the boy had decided not to don his usual eyeliner. He didn't explain why, but it didn't take a genius to work it out, and honestly? It made Azaiah feel like an asshole. "So, what's the plan for today, Ivan? Hang out by the pool, drink some cocktails? Or do you want to do that whole tourist-exploration thing? Maybe... I dunno, maybe Angel can come with, just until lunchtime?"

Shooting a glance at Azaiah in shock, he paused for a moment, before returning his gaze to Angel. "I mean, it's up to you two. I'm probably going to relax at the pool, still pretty sore, to be honest." He whispered to his boyfriend, too bashful to admit what they had done that night. After all, as a priest, he was told to strictly keep himself 'pure'. Of course, that was no longer the case, but there was still something sort of bad about it.

"If you'd like to join me, no problem. I'd just enjoy some nice tanning and a sangria, y'know? Ugh, that sounds amazing," he admitted, smiling at the thought as he let out another tired yawn. "Maybe even take a nap?"

"...I don't know how that sounds to you. Probably boring, but if you want, you're welcome to sit at the pool with us and just hang out. Have a drink or two, grab a book and just relax. It's pretty much what Ivan and I need right now, our lives are beyond stressful, so... so I'm perfectly happy to have you sit with us." Azaiah admitted while forcing a blush off his own cheeks. He may not be that close to his son, but he hardly wanted him learning that he'd had sex just a few hours ago. "I was an ass yesterday, so... so I guess I really need to get my act together and start trying to build a bond and--"

"Have some cheesecake, grab a coffee and relax, Azaiah. It's cool. I appreciate it, though-- but you don't need to overthink things. I'll come hang out with you guys for a few hours, sounds awesome," grinned the younger demon, hiding just how happy seeing his father act like this made him. "I won't interrupt your holiday for much more after that, though. You guys need couple-time, right?"

Smiling cheerfully at just how well everything seemed to have come together, Ivan sliced a piece of cheesecake for Azaiah carefully and handed it over, before taking his cup of tea and wandering to the small kitchen unit they were supplied with. Despite being considered a penny-pincher, Ivan wasn't going to get upset for Azaiah finding such a lavish hotel.

"See? Ain't communication great?" He teased, starting up the kettle once again. "Look, I'll put the cheesecake in the fridge. I want to get down there at the pool as soon as possible and just relax. I mean, it doesn't help that I want to see your father in his swim shorts," he added, while offering a grin, his cheeks only growing redder by the second.

As surprisingly... happy as he was to have Angel there now he was determined to get set on the right path with him, it was just a little irritating that he had to hold back from pulling Ivan close and offering him a few passionate kisses. After the night they spent together, he was hardly able to really hold himself back from getting close and just acting like a normal, lovesick couple-- but Angel's presence did mean he had to reign it in a little.

"I'm going to go and come back. If there's any cute guys down there, I want to look my best, you know? I feel fucking naked without my makeup, it's... it really isn't me-- so you two can have some privacy for a while until I come back," smiled the other as he quietly rose from his chair, grabbed his trendy backpack and, once pulling his baseball cap over his head, decided that he would just slip out quietly while Ivan was busy with the kettle, and his relationship with Azaiah was still too distant to offer him a parting farewell hug.

"...I kinda decided that I ought to be in his life a little more, maybe. I'm not... a cruel person. The way you looked at me last night really hurt, so I'm going to at least try with him. He's making the effort, trying to look the way he think I'd prefer, which is dumb 'cos I don't give a crap how he dresses," sighed Azaiah as his son left, pulling himself up to sit on top of the counter while absently running his finger along his plate to pick up any cheesecake crumbs left. "Besides, maybe this is going to help Makai from attacking us. Tat'd be helpful."

Peering up at the other, he carefully took the plate away to wash in the sink without a word, especially when he noticed Azaiah wiping the crumbs off himself. Offering a smile, he leaned up on his toes to offer a small kiss to at least relax the other.

"Mm... Listen, I'm just glad you're willing to talk to him about things other than how much you don't want him in your life," he admitted, before setting the now clean plate to the side. "This could have gone so much worse!"

"I do want him in my life. I've had a night to sleep on it, you know? Maybe I'm actually a really awesome Dad deep down and I don't even know it. I mean, when we do eventually adopt a kid, I guess I'll have the opportunity to be hands on. I missed all that with Angel," he mumbled as he rested back on his hands, waiting a moment or two for his words to sink in before, unable to bear the silence a second further, let his smile widen.

"I think it'd be good for us. We'd move out of Macon, do that marriage thing, have a kid... I wasn't going to do all that because I was clinging to the hope you'd end up in Heaven, but given that's clearly fucked, we may as well enjoy our lives and do everything we're really not supposed to do together, as a demon and a priest, like starting a family. Wouldn't it be pretty cute to, like, move into some cute suburban neighbourhood? I'd happily move into the middle of nowhere, but you're a social butterfly, Ivan. You wouldn't be able to live without a good gossip with some of your neighbours."

"Nah, I'm more of a... friendly moth? I enjoy chatting with the girls, but ain't nothin' wrong with some peace and quiet," he protested, before jumping at the loud whistle of the kettle. Pouring out a cup for them both, he plopped a tea bag in and leaned against the edge of the sink himself, taking in the view.

"What would I tell everyone at home? I would have to find another job, obviously, which is gonna be hard. I need to stay a priest - though, I guess I could be a professor at a college? Teach theology and all that?" He offered, albeit more to himself as he sipped his tea, before sighing and glancing up at Azaiah.

"Are you really that against me being a demon? I... I-I mean, you and I are both pretty much forced either here or Hell, and... I dunno. I could be a priest and a demon at the same time, yeah? Just wear clothing under my cross, wear gloves..."

"But you wouldn't be able to marry me and we wouldn't be able to do all the things you want to do if you stayed a priest. I'm quite happy to live in secret as your boyfriend for the rest of your life, if you want to remain a priest. Would it suck? Definitely, but I'd cope. As for being a demon? I'm never going to agree to that. It'd hurt to know you were stuck in Hell unable to see me, but it'd hurt me more to see you lose your humanity, I think. What if you change, y'know? What if you become like Makai? Obviously that'd be the worst case scenario, but it isn't impossible."

Stirring a little sugar in to sweeten his tea, he calmly sipped at it while realising just how fucking terrible their options were right now, and while he wanted to brush it off and say they didn't need to think about it... he also had to remember that Ivan was mortal; he aged, and it wouldn't be fair to reach a decision when he'd lost his youth and looked twice Azaiah's age.

"If you did choose to be like me, I won't turn you myself. I couldn't do that, I'd feel terrible. Angel might, if I'm still in touch with him when you decide you're ready, but I personally couldn't."

"I mean, do you really think I'd change that much?" He murmured, before deciding to try and be cool by joining Azaiah - though he just ended up seeming silly, trying to climb up. Clearing his throat, he took the demon's hand in his and entwined their fingers, using the cup of tea as an excuse to think of something to say in response. In the end, he simply moved to offer the other man an apologetic kiss, especially once taking a step back and putting their positions out of mind. They were two, incredibly committed people who loved one another, sitting on a marble kitchen counter, with the sights of Vatican City below. If it weren't for the thoughts of the impending future, there could be nothing better.

"Oi, go get into your swimsuit, will you?" He finally insisted, the topic being something he already knew would probably weigh on him throughout the day, and long into the night... if all they did was sleeping. "I want to see what you bought. I'm bummed that we never went to the beach, in the whole time we've been together. How terrible is that?"

"Mm, but you've prioritised work, and then we had that shitstorm with Makai and Laura and... ugh, all of that. We should focus on ourselves, right? If that means lazing around by the pool all day in our swimming trunks, then hell, let's just do that," he finally grinned, easily letting the weight drop from his shoulders as he pushed off the counter. Of course, he was still pretty downbeat by the idea of having to soon decide on what he was going to do about Ivan's situation, but he did excel at pretending as though he was carefree and not troubled at all. If he had to fake that just so their holiday could continue as planned, so be it.

"Now, after what we did, you sure you can control yourself when you see me in my swimming trunks? Last thing we need is you clambering on me and making out. This is a lovely hotel, I'd be mortified if we get thrown out because of you-- not that I can blame you, I am pretty handsome~"

Letting out a flustered snort, he had to physically cover his face in embarrassment as he held onto the cup of tea with his free hand. Offering his attempt at a relaxed roll of eyes, he grinned through his fingers nonetheless.

"Do you gotta be so lewd about it? My gosh - plus, you were the one who went pretty crazy at the end, or do you not remember that? I mean, I've seen you naked even before last night, so don't stroke your own ego too much," he scolded, and leaned back with a raised brow. "Go on, then. Do, like... a runway look or somethin'. You're handsome enough to be a model, why not test out to be one."

"Runway look? I'm gonna be wearing a boring pair of red trunks, it ain't high fashion. I couldn't be a model anyway. I like food too much," replied Azaiah as he absently wandered out into the bedroom, though kept the doors open just to be able to hear and continue talking with him as he changed - the sooner they got to the pool, the better, as far as he was concerned.

"Oi, come and get changed, would you? The other guests will take up all the poolside chairs, and we gotta save one for Angel--" He began, though pretty much came to an abrupt stop once he realised that his accent had definitely developed a slightly Southern twang to it. It was incredibly subtle and barely noticeable if you weren't listening out for it, but he noticed it in that second, and really couldn't unhear it now. "...Fuck. I've only lived in Macon two fucking years. Jeez. All the gals at the church are going to lose it when they work it out, aren't they? I can do without the squeals and excitable chatters."

Rolling his eyes, Ivan reluctantly jumped from the counter to follow the other, only to pause himself. After the two, incredibly hectic years of dealing with the whole concept of demons being real, he had grown to assume the worse. When Azaiah cut himself off, he immediately hurried to make sure that everything was alright.

Of course, to him, the drawl hadn't really gone noticed. Yeah, he knew the demon took on parts of his culture well, and was familiar with the whole Southern aesthetic, but only thought the occasional y'alls or whatnot were his boyfriend's attempt to blend in, as opposed to his original, much Northern accent.

"What are you going' on about?" He blurted, his brows furrowing in anger once noticing the other simply rummaging for trunks casually. Meanwhile, Ivan decided to look for his own. "What do you mean, squealing? Did you take an embarrassing picture or something?"

"Do you not fucking hear me? I mean, 'scuse my language, but holy cow. If I ever manage to go home and if I somehow manage to get Makai's mom back on my side -because she does care for me- then she's gonna laugh in my face when she hears me. It's a real nice accent, don't get me wrong, but it's nothing like how we sound down in Hell, and... ugh, see what you're doing to me?" He grumbled under his breath while settling on the bed to wait for Ivan to finish changing. Despite how it sounded, he really didn't mind how he had picked up certain elements of Ivan's accent for himself. If anything, it was confirmation of how long he'd spent in Macon with him.

"Hey, I don't take embarrassing pictures, by the way. You said I look like a model. Embarrassing isn't a word used to describe me-- I sound like some arrogant jerk, but let's be fair, we're a handsome couple, ain't we?"

"I mean, I think I'm a solid six, maybe?" He offered, while tugging on his - once again - Hawaiian inspired swim shorts. Looking at himself in the large mirror, he turned around to really review himself properly. Shrugging, he rummaged to grab a tank-top to hide himself shyly.

"Hey, I think you sound pretty darn elegant with the 'accent'. That's another reason why I'm so lucky; I'm an average guy from Georgia, and my boyfriend is this bulky, blonde guy who can break a piece of plywood with, like... his head. You're a lot better than I am, at least physically. If it weren't for the fact that, like, the whole town is elderly, you'd probably have beautiful women clinging to you."

"If you're a 6, I'm a 6. I see us on the same level, really-- you really aren't your own biggest fan, are you? I've put myself down most my life. Have you seen Makai? He's a total jerk, but he's... let's be honest, he's practically flawless. Being best friends with him really makes you feel like crap, but I've sort of learnt in the last year that I'm handsome and it's sort of that whole self-belief thing, ain't it? I think you're gorgeous, anyway, even if you don't see it. Shall we go to the pool now? We're on holiday, we should be able to have a cocktail at whatever time we want," he pointed out while unsubtly reaching for the other's waist to pull him close. Admittedly, he did sigh under his breath at the sight of his boyfriend donning a tank top instead of strolling to the pool without it, but he didn't say anything aloud - he was entitled to wear whatever he wanted to feel comfortable, and Azaiah, despite feeling Ivan could do without the top, wasn't going to force him to do otherwise.

"What priest did you get in to watch the church instead of you? Someone nice? Hopefully he ain't as nice as me, 'cos I don't want the girls preferring him over me. I like my role at the church, I'm not getting forced out by some holier-than-thou priest."

"I got a nun and a priest, actually. Pastor Myron and Sister Suzanne. They're both lovely people, and there's no one else I'd trust to handle the church," he admitted, before tugging on his flip-flops. "They're from Atlanta, so they know how to run things proper."

Peering up at the other, he offered a grin, even despite Ivan's clear self-consciousnesses. In his eyes, being the less attractive of the two, it gave Azaiah more attention and credit in their small community. Running his fingers through his blonde locks, he happily accepted the light tug into the other's side with a purr. "Look, I ain't gonna go running away from you. I guess the term 'attached to the hip' is pretty literal."

"Yeah, but we're dating and we don't know anyone and we really have no excuses to hold back, right? What, would you prefer to walk to the pool stiffly without an ounce of affection? How boring is that? You know we've had sex, hm? Why can't I pull you close and show you how much I love you?" He countered, making a deliberate effort to pull him even closer once inside the privacy of the elevator, but as affectionate and as loving as he was being, he couldn't force his mind away from other things.

If Makai knew they were at the Vatican, then, by default, he knew Laura was alone back in Macon, with a new priest to meddle and tease. He hoped he wasn't going to do that, that he'd focus on his girlfriend and the twins instead, and hell, he hoped Makai's mother forbid him from returning... but it was hard not to see Makai take the opportunity to cause some trouble. Azaiah wasn't going to voice these concerns, of course, because it would ruin the holiday, but he also wasn't stopping himself freaking out inwardly about the potential mess Macon would be in when they returned.

Deciding to snuggle in close to Azaiah's side, he did enjoy the quiet comfort for a moment as the antique elevator moved down to the main floor. The mention of sex, although only lightening his bashfulness a tad, still made him snort and giggle. It wasn't until he was poolside that he let go of Azaiah, only to roll out the towel he had tucked under his arm and lay it over the many lounge chairs. It was then that he reluctantly tugged off the tank top, leaving the priest a tad uncomfortable. In a country of beautiful, tan individuals, Ivan stood out like a sore thumb. It didn't stop him from lathering himself with the highest SPF sunscreen he could.

"Lay down, will you? I don't want to look like some lonely loser, all alone here," he insisted, patting the chair besides him for emphasis.