"I just told you, Makai wasn't in this house. I told him to fuck off and we went to a hotel, I'm not that much of a disrespectful idiot, seriously," she grimaced, nervously beginning to chew on her lip the moment she realised just how furious they were. Maybe it was naivety, but she honestly didn't think they'd both be this mad about it. It wasn't like she'd trashed the house, right? She'd spent most her time making sure everything was perfect for when they came home.

"Mistress? Fucking hell, she's his girlfriend. I'm fine with that, it's not a big deal anymore. I like her, I think she's great," she continued warily, forcing herself to stop biting at her lip. "...I can't just ask her to leave, she's sleeping. She's not that bad, I don't know why you're so angry about it. She's a demon, yeah, but so's your boyfriend, Ivan."

"This is my house and if I don't want her here, she has to leave!" Ivan snapped as he began to pace. Moving straight to the kitchen, he poured himself a glass of water and inhaled hard to try and relax his temper without having to rely on Azaiah for some comfort. It was embarrassing to have to act like an adult in front of his sister, only to go crying to his boyfriend's arms.

"You promised me you'd never get involved with them again, Laura. That... That was my one request! I get to see you heartbroken only to see you hook up with them and bring them back into your life?! Why do you never listen to me? You never respect me!"

Reactions: potassiumboron
As Laura pursed her lips and tried to hold back from yelling (though didn't excuse herself from snapping at her normal pitch), Makai was unwisely sat upstairs listening in to the arguments with an amused, almost delighted grin on his face. Laura hadn't lied when she'd said she'd left him at a hotel - he'd just gotten bored and arrived back to the house.

Smartly, he chose to limit his arrival to the bedroom, and maturely opted to remain there once the explosive argument downstairs kicked off. He found great amusement in pissing off Ivan, that much was obvious, but he cared for Laura far too much to instigate anything else. He was just going to sit it out upstairs, wait for Laura, and then find some nice hotel to crash at for the night.

"Getting pretty fiery down there, huh? They're pretty pissed at you. I'm pissed at you. You can't go sleeping with my ex wife without, you know, telling me. I thought you were just coming here with Laura to have a girly chat or whatever," the demon sarcastically remarked, flopping onto the small single bed as quietly as he could, absently rolling his eyes at the childhood cuddly toy collection Laura had clearly failed to throw out. "...How long do you reckon they're gonna be down there? I'm dying for something to eat. It's why I like it up here - they got nice food. Better than all the fucking raw meat my Mother tries to serve up as appetising, it's all fucking disgusting compared to, like, a stack of sticky ribs and fried chicken, y'know?"

"I was bored and I wanted to have a little fun," the girl replied easily as she browsed the tabloid magazine she had picked up on Laura's bedstand. Kicking her legs childishly, Valerie adjusted the oversized pajama shirt Laura had hanging up. Sure, she had been naked in Makai's presence plenty of times, but it just felt proper to be in something now knowing that Ivan and Azaiah were downstairs. Running her fingers through her dark locks, she glanced over at the other with a raised brow. "... and I did have fun. It isn't fair that you got to have all the fun, Makai. Plus, I missed her."

Eventually sitting up, she groaned as she slowly climbed off the bed and moved to pick up a stuffed animal curiously. "It's really unfortunate that you pretty much broke her heart, you know? She's clearly desperate though. Hey, maybe I can have her fall for me completely and she won't be so upset over the fact that you fucked her over, eh? That would definitely boost my ego a tad," she purred teasingly before tossing the stuffed animal that Ivan had won her years ago at the local festival onto the bed. "We should probably leave, you know. I don't want the wrath of her brother right now, I'm pretty tired."

"I'm not leaving without her, I thought you'd understand that. I was kinda thinking that she'd rush back with us now she's pissed her brother off. She is the mother of my children and I sort of think that she deserves to be with them-- and fuck it, I love her. I don't really want to make trips up here just to see her, I'm too lazy to do that," the man replied. Despite his relaxed, casual position on the bed, with his hands behind his head, he wasn't all that relaxed - he was ready to jump up at any moment to defend Valerie should Ivan or Azaiah come bursting in to yell at her.

While he'd made this trip specifically to see Laura and to hopefully win her back, it didn't detract anything from how he felt for Valerie either. Maybe he was selfish to want them both, but if it worked out and they managed to be happy with the arrangement, then nobody could say anything about it. Sure, his mother wasn't too pleased that he'd arrived back with Valerie, and she'd be even more pissed when he got home with both her and Laura-- but it really wasn't any of her business.

"Just... fucking sit down and relax, would you? Laura will be back up here in a second and then she can grab a few of her things-- she'll take all of these stuffed toys, you know. She loves them. When we got married, she practically forced me to buy her, like, ten of 'em. It's kinda cute."

"You love her more than you love me, don't you?" Valerie questioned flatly, her eyes avoiding his by focusing on the pictures Laura had pinned to a cork board. "I mean, I get that. She's the mother of your kids, I can't blame you for holding her to a higher regards. Just a bit... upset, about that, but what can I do? Look, if you love her more, I'll leave. I'll... be fine, Disappointed, but fine. I was hoping to be in a committed relationship with you, but that'll never happen."

"What is this? Are you seriously pulling this card now, doubting how much I love you? I literally fell in love with you the moment I saw you," he pointed out, remaining laid out on the bed in that casual position for a few seconds until realising just how serious Valerie was. They may have only been together for three weeks at the most, but he'd definitely fallen in love with her, and he was smart enough to know that feeling was mutual.

He liked her so much that he wasn't really prepared to choose Laura over her. Selfishly, he didn't want to make a choice.

Groaning as he pushed himself back to his feet to stroll over to her, not caring at this point if his footsteps were heavy along the wooden floorboards - Valerie was more important to him than staying hidden away from a priest and his traitor boyfriend. "I don't love her more than you, I love you both. Is that shitty of me? Sure, but I'm sure we can work it out? I mean, fuck, I'm not really prepared to just lose you. Fucking hell, that ain't happening, alright?"

"I dunno, you can't blame me, can you?" She pouted, her hands on her hips. "Like I said, she is the mother of your children, that's a high position. I hope you're happy with them, you know, because like hell am I going to have children. I mean, they're enough, right?"

"... did you hear that?" Ivan whispered to Azaiah from the kitchen, having been biting his nails in thought on how to punish Laura properly. Glaring at Laura, the priest took his boyfriend in his hands and moved slowly up the stairs, a grimace on his lips. Once easily pushing the door open, Ivan waited no time in grabbing the cross on his neck. "Leave. Now."

"I mean, I was hoping you'd have a kid or two, not gonna lie. I don't think that's too much to ask. You're someone I love a lot, someone I'd quite happily marry tomorrow if I had to, so sure, I did think maybe a kid would come along at some point. my Mom's got, like, 18 kids or something fucking ridiculous like that. I lose count--"

"Don't you dare hurt him, Ivan-- or Valerie, you stay the fuck away from them. Move out the way!" Laura screamed the moment she saw the cross in her brother's hand - he was pissed off, angry and probably a little fearful, which was the perfect combination for him to not really care about inflicting damage on Makai if he felt he had no other option.

And she'd rather try to avoid that.

Rushing to the man's side and shooting him a glare, given she'd demanded he stay at the hotel and away from something like this, Laura calmly smiled to Valerie in an effort to keep everyone calm. "Just... you guys go, I... I can totally meet up with you at the hotel later, if you want? We have stuff to fucking talk about, I guess--"

"Ivan! Hey, buddy," cooed Makai, not entirely interested in leaving. Why would he be? He wanted nothing more than to head off with the girls-- until coming face to face with Ivan again. That was probably too enticing to turn down so suddenly, which was why he happily strolled over to physically intimidate him some more. "Put the cross down. I'm not going to allow myself, or Valerie, to be threatened by a little weasel."

"I will have to hurt you if you don't leave my house," he stated flatly, clearly unrelenting as he stepped closer as well, the cross still held firmly in his fist. "I don't want to hurt you two, that's not my goal. I want you to leave my home and you to never come back. Bring my sister, too, because she clearly favors your company over ours. I have no problem shoving an entire cross down your throat, Makai, but I'd prefer you leave peacefully so that won't have to happen."

"Don't you think that's a little extreme?" Valerie questioned curiously from behind Makai, clearly unfazed from the other's threats. "We'll head out, yeah? no need for all of this little hissy-fitting."

"Oh Val, you know Ivan. Hissy-fits are what he does best. You know, I think he should really head into acting, he's such a little dramatist," cooed Makai again, leaning against the wall and maintaining as relaxed a posture as he could manage, though being threatened and feeling like Valerie was also being threatened wasn't the most comforting thing to hear.

"Laura's coming with us, of course she is. I may even turn her, she's asked me about that--"

"Don't be a fucking asshole, I asked once," snapped Laura back at him, nervously hesitating between him and Valerie, and then her brother. "Ivan, jeez-- you're seriously just, like, going to close the door on me if I do go with Makai? He's the father of the twins, he's-- he's really not as bad as you think. And Valerie's not some monster either."

"I've given you so many chances, Laura!" He snapped in response, his face growing red. "I took you in after he abandoned you, are you just going to forget that? He abandoned you for this new girl, or are you seriously that desperate to forget that?! I-I give you somewhere to stay, try and include you back into my life, and now you're going to drop me just like he dropped you? I'm done, Laura. You can go run off with Makai and Valerie, do whatever the hell it is you three want to do, but this is the last time I'm going to help you. If you call me on the phone in a month or so saying that these two left you on the side of the road in New Mexico, I'm going to say 'have fun hitchhiking home', because I'm not helping you anymore!"

"Okay, for the record, I never dropped Laura. She wasn't too thrilled that I fell for Valerie and she decided not to come with us home, which is fair enough. Don't yell at her like that, I'm not really prepared to just sit back and take it-- I don't make it a hobby of mine to kill people, but I would totally burn you alive if you weren't related to Laura-- and I'd happily do the same for your treacherous boyfriend too." Makai sighed, pushing himself from the wall and gently offering Laura his jacket to cover herself up, deciding that a little tenderness and care would show her that he did love her, in contrast to the spin Ivan was attempting to pull off.

"We're not leaving this little town for another week. Maybe I'll fucking massacre everyone, maybe I'll torment a few neighbours-- or maybe I'll do something as simple as telling everyone you're gay and in love with Azaiah. I have no respect for you, Ivan. Did I want to come here and fuck with you? Nah. Do I want to do that now? Fuck yeah I do. Sleep with one eye open, how about that?"

"Do you honestly think I'm afraid of you, Makai? Go ahead, tell everyone I'm gay. Burn the town down, Azaiah and I will build it back up. We've done it before, and we can do it again, understood?" He replied flatly, his eyes locked on the demon unshakingly. "You could go and kill me, I'm not going to back down because of you. I am done with this bullshit."

Did it annoy him that he wasn't getting under Ivan's skin? Tremendously so. There was nothing quite as satisfying as pissing Ivan off. In the past, he rather liked the man. He fancied him, for a start, and the act of chasing after him to try and win his affection had been fun. Time consuming and subsequently useless, bu fun.

Now? Now he pretty much detested the human with every fibre of his being, and the fact he wasn't even able to scare him was demoralising. Hell, he was supposed to be the future King. If he couldn't even freak out Ivan, he lost hope for doing so with anyone else. Admittedly, the failure did make him retreat a little, his frown deepening as he chose to just back off. "...Fine. Fine, but you won't see Laura again, or your nephews, or any other children we have. I won't allow my girlfriend to come set foot in your pathetic little town again. That's sorted then. We're going."

"I can't just leave," grimaced Laura, nervously looking back at her brother in the hopes he would step in and claim that he wasn't prepared to disown her-- but his previous statements had pretty much severed their ties, so she was clinging to false hope, really. "I... Fine, we'll go then, I... fine."

"This is unbelievable," Ivan began quietly, his hard eyes now locking with his sister's. "You would rather focus your life on a demon who had proven not only to harm yourself, but innocent people? You think that's okay? Laura, I... - No. I'm not going to feel sorry for people who hurt me anymore. If you want to spend your life with the man who made innocent people kill themselves, have at it. I... I dunno, I'm always a call away. Don't expect me to drop everything and attend to you. I don't know how I managed to fuck up when it comes to raising you, but maybe I spoiled you too much.@

"...You're acting like a jerk, you know that? Did I make innocent people kill themselves? Not directly. How many times do we have to go over this bullshit, Ivan? You're not a good listener," dramatically sighed Makai as he moved to the wardrobe and grabbed a handful of Laura's things, shoving them carelessly into the open suitcase at his feet. He didn't see the point of bringing her things with them, given he didn't see her ever wearing them again, but... hey, if she wanted them, he was willing to oblige.

"They wanted to kill themselves, clearly. I just exploited their darkest desire is all, gave them a little... nudge. If it's my fault most your town are psychopaths who want to murder one another, then whoops," he continued, offering Valerie an unsubtle eye roll, knowing she would at least understand. She may have been human only two weeks or so ago, but she'd more or less assigned to Makai's way of thinking already - it was partly why he loved her so much.

"And hey, we'll be in touch in a year or two when we get married again. I'll be your family again, that'll be fun, huh~?"