• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Welcome! You have been invited by kiro to join our community. Please click here to register.
"Right, bear in mind the fact my Mama was only 16 when she had me, okay? And you've met my grandparents, Makai said he'd invited you to some crazy dinner just to kill my grandpa-- anyway, they didn't really help when she was coming up with a name for me, and hell, Azaiah didn't really care, so-- my name's Angel. I'm pretty sure my Mama thought she was being funny when she came up with it, or smart, or ironic or whatever. A demon named Angel is pretty... it's gotten me a lot of bullies, put it that way. It didn't help matters when I started dyeing my hair and putting on eyeliner either, but that's a whole different thing."

Resting one leg over the other, Angel did feel himself slowly relaxing by the second. He felt downright rude for intruding, but heck, he was thankful Ivan was willing to let him stick around. Minerva was hardly a fan of Azaiah's, and while he and his mother were best friends, quite literally, he knew she'd lose her mind if -and when- she realised he'd not only left the castle, but had gone to visit his banished father and his boyfriend.

"When you say this whole mess, I sure hope you don't mean me~? My Dad thinks I'm a mess, he's said so a lot of times. It's why my Mama hates him so much. He's never bothered with me. I'm sure it's just because I'm related to Makai and that side of the family--"

"...You need to go, I'm trying to... I'm on a date, you can't... can you just go, please? We'll talk whenever you want, but this... it's really annoying, actually, that you came here," said Azaiah, having suddenly appeared at the table. He knew that Angel wouldn't have kept silent about who he was, and that fact was only causing the usually cool, calm and collected demon to freak out. He was nervous, he was stammering over his words, and was making a clear effort to hold onto Ivan's hand - he did fear that Ivan would get furious with him for not telling him any of this. "He's... Ivan, listen, I didn't tell you because I didn't think it was... it's not relevant, okay? He's not really... we're not close, and I didn't think I'd ever see him again, so I... let's go back to the hotel, we'll get room service and eat dessert there, yeah?"

"You need to relax," Ivan insisted, hiding how much the whole thing really affected him. He wasn't mad, of course. If anything, he was a bit confused and incredibly disappointed, but not angry. Glancing over at Angel, he lightly pulled Azaiah closer, finding his stiff position to be a bit uncomfortable for them all.

"Azaiah, I'm not mad, just... confused? Why didn't you tell me you had a son? Makai had already told me you've had relationships before, I just didn't think you had a child? I... I feel like that would be something you mention at the start of a relationship, and we've been together for more than a year - nearly two. You may not be close, but you know how I feel about the whole family thing, so why couldn't you have just mentioned him?" He questioned, making sure to keep his tone quiet, even in his buzzed state. He offered a deep frown of clear disappointment, but let his eyes lock on his boyfriend nonetheless.

"I mean, I've told you everything about myself. Did you not trust me? Like, to find out you have a son this way is just... kind of upsetting. Look, we can talk it out at the hotel, okay? We can just pay and leave, I'm not really hungry anymore." He admitted, while absently squeezing the demon's hand tight.

Understandably, Azaiah's anxiety was through the roof at this point. He wasn't a cold-hearted, cruel, deliberately mean individual, and as much as he didn't want his son to be here, he also didn't want to tell him upfront to piss off and leave him alone. That might have been what he wanted to say, but he was wise enough to know the devastation it would cause... and he really didn't want to deal with the aftermath when Angel went back home to complain to Makai's side of the family. Hell, it would probably get Azaiah killed.

"...He's not really my son, I don't think of him as one, do you know what I mean? He's... I haven't seen him for years, his mother hates me, I hate his mother and that side of the family, you know what they're like. I didn't... I didn't think you needed to know, because I certainly didn't ever intend on bringing him around. I don't want to know him," admitted the man as quietly as he could manage, if only to spare Angel's feelings as much as he could. Instead of even looking towards the flamboyant boy sat a foot away, he grabbed Ivan's hand and, with the other, left several notes on the table, desperate to just make his exit and return to the hotel.

"Where am I supposed to go? Home? Is that it? This was our reunion, was it? Cheers for that, Pa, it was magical," sarcastically drawled Angel, hiding his genuine upset behind a frown. Of course he'd heard every word Azaiah said, but it was nothing he hadn't heard before from his mother. She'd constantly informed him that Azaiah didn't care and that he didn't want to know - this was at least confirmation the woman had been truthful all along. "...Right, gotcha. My Mama's not going to like this, and I can't stop her if she wants to come beat you up again for being a shit father, you know? She does what she wants."

"What if we wanted to adopt, Azaiah? I always wanted to raise a kid with you, but to see the way you treat your son? That's... pretty cruel." Commented Ivan, as he absently adjusted his shirt, his frown only growing at Azaiah's response. Glancing back at Angel, he carefully let go of the demon's hand and moved away, his lips pursed tight warily.

"You two need to figure all of this out. I didn't plan on having my boyfriend's son just appear out of nowhere, but now that you're here, you might as well talk it out. I mean, jeez, are you just going to pretend he doesn't exist?" He whispered, genuinely growing concerned at the other's intense hatred for his son.

"In my defence, I've always told you I'm not father material, Ivan. Which clearly I'm not-- it isn't mean, I just don't want to be a part of his life, that's... he's gone decades without me being around, I don't see why he has to turn up now. He's doing it for attention, it's his whole game. Look at him, he clearly likes standing out and getting people to look at him, he thrives off it, and you're falling for his little act, I... can we just go back to the hotel? He'll get bored and go home within ten minutes," shrugged the demon as he flat-out refused to even glance his son's way, instead turning his back to him and continuing to offer Ivan hopeful smiles. "Come on, we can cuddle up and watch some Italian TV. I'm sure we can figure out how to get subtitles..."

"...I'm just going to go, then. It was totally nice meeting you, Ivan. I mean, Azaiah's a fucking asshole, but you're real sweet and... I'm going to make sure my uncle doesn't fuck with you, alright? I'll do my best, anyway," grinned the pink-haired boy as he slowly stood up from his chair, only growing more awkward sitting there and hearing his father talk about him. "So... yeah... this isn't the best place for me to be, anyway, so... right, I'll get going then..."

"No, no! I don't want you to feel obligated to leave. Look, how about you and I have lunch tomorrow?" Ivan offered with a smile, though he was growing a bit antsy too at Azaiah's attitude. "I know Azaiah might not like you, but you seem nice! It's rare to meet demons that aren't massive jerks, and I guess you get that from Azaiah. I don't want there to be any more drama in this family then there already is."

Facing Azaiah, he offered the man a halfhearted smile, at least hoping he'd agree. "Wouldn't that be nice? You... You don't have to be in Angel's life, but I think you two should at least talk about everything. He's your son, and... You should explain yourself. Heck, I need some explaining myself, so maybe some lunch would be good? I don't want to spend the rest of our vacation knowing that you abandoned your kid."

"I don't want to do that." Azaiah muttered grumpily back in response, his anxiety easily manifesting itself into genuine anger. He knew he was coming across as the bad guy, and given how proud he was of being the 'good guy', it really wasn't suitable for him to suddenly be gaining all of these negative comments. He felt he was perfectly reasonable to stay out of Angel's life, but obviously, no matter what he said, he was apparently in the wrong. "You go for lunch with him if you're so insistent on getting involved, but I'm not going anywhere near him. It'll end up getting us both killed, do you want that? You know his mother did pull you and me to Hell, right? And you are aware his uncle is Makai, and that's really not helpful for us? But hey, go have lunch with him, that's fine."

"You're really bitchy for a grown ass man, aren't you? I'd love to go for lunch tomorrow, that'd be divine," grinned Angel as he straightened his colourful jacket happily. "Gosh, I never thought I'd like a priest, especially you. My family don't like you very much, but hey, I'm open-minded~! You're very sweet, I think, so yes, I'd love lunch."

Holding back his own urge to grow angry, he offered Angel a final smile. "Meet up here, then? This is the only place I know in this city, so.. I guess this would make a perfect place to meet up." He insisted, before carefully grabbing Azaiah's hand to tug him out of the restaurant. It wasn't until he was out on the street, out of Angel's sight, that his sweet exterior grew sour.

"I can't believe you, Azaiah. I really can't believe this. You... You have a lot of explainin' to do, you understand that? I can't - I just... I just can't understand why you wouldn't tell me this! Then, for you to just act so rude in front of your own son?! I get it, you don't want him in your life, but you could at least be a little respectful. He didn't ask to be born, Azaiah. Not to mention, you're acting as if it's a bad thing to want to be on his good side. He's your son, who just happens to be related to Makai. If you act a bit nicer, he'd probably keep Makai from, you know, killing us?" He snapped, before running his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I just want to go back to the room, I don't want to have this discussion in public. You... I don't even want to look at you right now, to be honest."

Trailing silently behind Ivan for a few minutes as he ranted, he kept quiet longer just to digest everything he was saying. He was still stubborn enough to believe what he was doing was perfectly okay, but by doing so, all he really seemed to do was alienate himself further from Ivan, and that was, honestly, a disaster.

"...Don't you find it strange he turned up now, though? Makai knows where we are, and Makai apparently doesn't want to come to the Vatican, understandably. I just think that, maybe, Angel was sent to-- I dunno. You don't understand the relationship between us, it's complicated," he shrugged, trudging the few feet ahead to be able to walk alongside Ivan, taking his hand before he could get stopped. "Look, can we just drop the whole anger thing now? I don't want to be in his life, he's only shown interest in me now. It isn't like he's cried for years about not being around me. He doesn't care about me, it's mutual. It's why I fucking find it strange he's turned up now looking for some relationship, that's all. I'm paranoid, sure, b-but jeez, do you blame me?"

"... I guess you're right," he whispered, once taking a deep breath and calming his nerves down. "It is pretty strange to show up now, but... why? What would he want from us? No offense, but I can see him having beef with you, sure. Why now, though? You two haven't talked in years, and like you said, he didn't seem all too upset - granted, that could just be a coping mechanism. You know Laura, she's not the type to go and express her feelings outright."

Having slowed down, Ivan accepted Azaiah's hand carefully as they wandered back to the steps of the hotel, his lips pursed in thought. "You can understand why I'm upset, though, right? I've told you everything about me, and we've been together for nearly two years. Not telling me you had a son is a pretty big deal, y'know? Like... Like I said, I'm not mad that you have a kid. You've been in other relationships, so it's not surprising."

"I've only ever had one relationship before you, and that was Makai. I slept with other people, but it was never a fully blown relationship. I slept with Minerva once, when we were teens, and then that was it. She only thinks of me as her servant, so-- look, should I have told you? Sure. I just didn't think that... I never... even thought about him in two years, if you want me being honest," sighed Azaiah, casting a paranoid glance around before trudging into the hotel, at least glad to get out of the evening sun.

"It's not like I hate him, by the way. He's my son, I do care about him. His mother's a bitch who's told him a bunch of lies, that whole family is just... they're poisonous. Makai and his mom were the only ones who still cared about me, and I've fucked that up, so getting close to Angel really isn't smart. I don't want to get killed, Ivan. I don't want you dead either, so trust me, it's best we stay away, okay?"

"I dunno, I just... What if we do get close, though? Will they finally leave us alone? I mean, not close in the sense that we have Christmas together and whatnot, but more in the sense of at least being on positive terms?" He offered, though even he was hesitant as they stepped into the elevator. He quickly realized that their pleasant little vacation was probably totally fucked, and slumped against the elevator with a frown.

"I don't know what to do, Azaiah. Maybe you're right, we should just... W-We should just lay in bed and watch some shows, because I know I'm far too tired to go out right now. The first day of our faux honeymoon is pretty bad, huh?" He murmured, while pressing against the other with a frown. "I'm sorry."

"Doesn't mean it has to totally suck, don't be like that. I don't think it's been that bad, to be honest. We had a lovely meal, you got buzzed off one glass of wine which was pretty funny and beyond cute, and... well, I don't have anymore children hiding away you need to know about, so that's a good thing, isn't it?" He laughed, gently wrapping an arm around his waist to not just lead him from the elevator, but to try and reconnect with him and reestablish the flirtation from earlier, however hard it was to do.

"I'll go for lunch with you and Angel tomorrow, I'll talk to him and... maybe I'll try and connect, try and build something between us so everything's civil, alright? He isn't a bad kid, I suppose. It's nice, refreshing almost, that he didn't come with a scowl on his face and threatening you. He didn't do that, did he?"

"No, no threatening." He reassured, before easily clinging to the other equally as tight. "In fact, he seems night. Strange, sure, but.. nice. He reminds me a lot of Laura, just more flashy." He explained, before pressing into the hotel room with a thankful sigh. Flopping down on the large bed, he let out a well-needed scream into the pillow.

"God, just... Come here, please? I just want to lay here for awhile, okay? No talking, just laying down and relaxing." He insisted, before moving to open his arms, a halfhearted smile on his lips. "I want you to cuddle me, to be honest. How lame is that?"

"Strange is an understatement, surely," the man mumbled under his breath-- though he definitely wasn't against how his son decided to present himself. Contrary to what Angel apparently believed, Azaiah completely supported him in however he wanted to look. He just thought that his son could definitely come off as strange when it came to his personality: he was overly confident at times, and then, a second later, could be pouting sensitively over some offhand remark.

Gratefully flopping to the bed beside the priest, he took a moment to remove his blazer and shoes before, with a groan, laying down next to Ivan. "No talking? For someone who chats as much as you? Good luck with that, love."

"I don't usually like the quiet," he admitted easily, while scooting over and wrapping himself around Azaiah in a tight grip. Closing his eyes, he simply let himself bury his head in the demon's chest for a moment. It was cheesy, and definitely not realistic, but he wanted nothing more than to stay like that for forever... alas, the sound of the busy street down below was far too annoying to really focus on anything else.

"I just want to pretend that we're, like, a properly married couple. You know, had rings and the whole shebang. I know we pretty much have that, but it feels weird to not be official, you know? I... I mean, I hope you love me as much as I love you. If not, I'd be pretty upset. I mean, we both have done some stupid stuff for one another, haven't we?"

"I've got myself banished from my home and literally told the Queen of Hell that I chose some human priest over her maternal care for me. If I go back, I get beheaded for treason. I think that pretty much says I love you, doesn't it? Or are you demanding more out of me, like some little diva?" Azaiah snorted mockingly, pressing a quick kiss to his forehead to reassure him that he was joking. "Sure, of course I love you, and while we're here, we can do whatever you want, whatever normal couples do-- and we should definitely move out here one day, when you're ready to, like, move out of Macon and leave the priesthood. Or we could go somewhere else, somewhere we could get married. I'd like that. Adopting kids? Not so much, but marriage? Definitely."

With a soft huff, he decided to climb onto the other's chest, knowing well that the other could handle it. Azaiah could lift doors with one hand, why couldn't he handle a little bit of pressure from Ivan's body? Despite that, he was careful to balance his weight as he cupped the demon's face.

"That would be lovely," Ivan cooed, while running his finger along Azaiah's cheeks. "We could move somewhere nice, maybe a bit further north. I'd have to learn Italian, but it would be fun. Maybe I could step down to a deacan, they can get married, yeah? You might not be up for it, but imagine a cute little baby, y'know? He could grow up looking up to you."

With a pure, he easily began to kiss Azaiah. The kisses were quick and light, but grew steady and far more heated, at least in the priest's mind. "You're too good for me, you know that?" He murmured through the kisses, while deciding to press his hands to Azaiah's hair.

"I... I don't know, I told you since we first got serious that I wasn't into all of that, but I'll give it some thought, alright? That's the least I can offer, because it wouldn't be fair to cut you down, so... so yeah. Don't go thinking that's a yes, it's just a... a maybe," he quietly admitted, slightly too surprised by the sudden turn of events to really register anything else, let alone come up with a better string of sentences. He put Ivan's sudden passion down to alcohol, and hell, if he was like this when he drank one measly cup of wine, Azaiah was definitely happy to have a bottle of wine at the dinner table from now on.

"You, uh-- jeez, you're really getting into this, aren't you?" He smirked, easily resting his hands where they felt naturally inclined to go: on Ivan's waist to at least steady him some. "You're not going to regret this by morning when you're sober, are you? Because I don't really want to... stop where this is going, and I could do without getting yelled at in the morning for not stopping this."

"I told you this is what I wanted to do months ago. I mean, I've always wanted to do this," he admitted in a murmur, only stopping his kisses to eye Azaiah up curiously. "Don't you want to do this, too? I mean, we're on vacation, where the only God can judge us. Doesn't even matter, right? We're both pretty screwed, so I think we both deserve to do this."

Moving slowly to return to his kisses, his hands felt differently, as they quickly unbuttoned his shirt. He was in a cruddy mood, but his desperate need for affection was more intense than anything, especially thanks to the wine.