Behind That Smile

K

Krisan

It's just a usual thing to do. Wake up in the morning, take a bath, have a breakfast, then go to school. It's just as usual if Satsuki braid her long, light purple hair into two and wear that old glasses. She will take the morning train to go to her high school, like always. She thought, Himesawa Satsuki is just that type of ordinary school girl, nothing special.

Well, now, here she is, standing in the train station, waiting for the first train. Satsuki isn't the only high schooler at the train, of course. She had a friend who went to the same school as her, and she wish they sit in the same class again in their second year.

"He didn't come yet," Satsuki mumbled as she looked around to find someone she waits for. But as Satsuki stopped her finding, she hear someone called her name, and a boy she waited for ran toward her.

@GreenSea

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GreenSea
"Ugh.. here we go again..." Hiroto stretched his arms out as he awoke from slumber. He looked at his alarm in panic state so he ran as fast as a bullet to the bathroom to prepare for school. After he done preparing, he quickly fly out of his home while taking a toast during his way out. "Shoot! I knew that this will happen to me again, I just hope that Satsuki chan wouldn't be mad at me!"

It took him 10 minutes to go to the station with his speed thanks to his athletic ability that he possess, "Crude there she is, this isn't going to end well..." Hiroto went towards Satsuki while fixing his hair to look a bit "cleaner". He waved his hand up to his childhood friend in a friendly manner, "Yo Satsuki! early as always right? Shall we go now? "

Satsuki sighed a little. She knows that Hiroto did wake up a little bit late. But it seems like she doesn't have to advice him again like yesterdays. "Sure, let's go." Satsuki smiled to him. "Ah, and ... you can sweep that sweats off, Hiroto-kun."

The train just arrived and the two walks into the train. They took a seat, stood besides each other. Usually, Satsuki would ask why Hiroto woke up late, and she would tell him how is it not good to sleep too late at midnight, and many others, but maybe it should be different today. "Hiroto-kun, you should leave any bad habits that you have, you're now is an upperclassman, it isn't good if our first year see their senpai coming late at their first day, is it?" She giggles.

Hiroto could sense the dangerous aura out of Satsuki, giving him chills over his back. He wiped his sweats off and unbutton one of his shirt's button so that his body could cool off faster. The train soon arrived, thankfully they weren't as much as usual which is why today they both got seat.

"Ahh... yeah I was working on it..." Hiroto laughed with uneasiness, Satsuki giggle is way more fierce than his mother's nag. Hiroto tried to change the topic away before Satsuki begun her "long lecture" to him, "Hehe... anyway I was wondering what club should I join? Basketball, no Soccer, or maybe Judo? how about you Satsuki, do you have any club that's in your mind?"

Put a finger on her lip, Satsuki thought over it. "Now that you mention it ...,"she said. "I'm still at the choir club, no need to find any other club again."

Then she continues, "Is Hiroto-kun planning to join a school club? That's great! At first I think Hiroto-kun wouldn't join any club again this year because you want to go home right away after school, or at least that what I remember." Satsuki laughed a little. "I guess Hiroto-kun want to join soccer club? I remember that you liked it so much when you still in the middle school."

Hiroto gave a fade smile as Satsuki pointed that he went head straight home after school this year, only she could noticed that much. "You got me, I guess football will be good since there are numerous pro scouts out there always watching games that I played but I feel I want to do something different this year maybe..." He stopped his sentence for a second and continue, " hmm... but I don't like the spotlight, how about I join choir as well?! wouldn't it be fun?"

Hiroto suddenly run towards the school without hearing Satsuki's reply, " Oh well! last one to the school have to but the winner melon bread this lunch!!"

When Satsuki heard that Hiroto would join choir too, she immediately turned her head. "Eh? Really?" But then Hiroto took his cheat start. "Aaaa~! It's not fair! Hiroto-kun's used to run almost every morning!"

At the finish point, Satsuki came after Hiroto. She only could sigh for his passionful attitude, Satsuki can never really mad for him though. Rather than promblems his childish play, she starts wondered about their class as she carelessly grabbed Hiroto's hand and pulled him with her. "Come on, Hiroto-kun! We should see what class we go to!"

Hiroto looked around as everyone looking at Satsuki and him, they begun to whipered and stare with a weird stare. Hiroto sighed because he's really worried that things might get out of hand again like last year. He broke the link of their hand before start to run again towards the bulletin board to see if their in the same class. He quickly scanned the whole board before Satsuki came, he saw that their name is on the same class which relieved him.

Hiroto left her and in a zoom went to Satsuki's and his designated class, he sat down and put his bag on the seat beside his to reserved the place for Satsuki.

Satsuki was just stop her feet while she know Hiroto slip off his hand. Ah ... right ... I don't need to do that, she thought to herself. As she decided to forget it, she ran towards the certain board. Soon enough, she found Himesawa Satsuki in class 11—A, and she found name Hanzo Hiroto right above her name. "Wah ...!" She turns to Hiroto, but he leave her right away. Satsuki don't have any idea why did he left her, she wonder if Hiroto really wont walk together with her to their class. "Hiroto-kun ...."

As she arrived in the class, she saw Hiroto sat on his bench. "Why do you put your bag here?" she asked as she about to put off her bag on the table beside him, but there was his bag on the bench.

Hiroto took his bags away brom the desk beside him, "it's for you! I reserved it for you!" Just as Satsuki sat down, an unfamiliar figures comes. It was a man with a small bulky figures, "Good day to you all, my name is Shojuro but you all can call me Mr.Sho." Hiroto whipered to Satsuki, "Hey Satsuki, don't you think Mr.Sho looks funny? he looks like a balloon that can pop anytime soon!" Hiroto giggled without realizing that Mr.Sho was in right in front of them.

"Did I miss anything?" Mr.Sho said with a menacing tone.

Satsuki sighed as she smiled a little right before she sat down on her bench. Just then, a teacher came into the class and walked to the table right in front of the class. The teacher was so fat and he isn't really tall. Satsuki don't know him, maybe he was a new teacher. "Hey Satsuki ...," Hiroto whipered. Satsuki turns her face a little to him, but then she heard Mr. Sho went towards them so she only could sit still and looked alternately between Hiroto and the teacher hesitantly, considered wether she should warn Hiroto or stay still. The next minute, Mr. Sho already in front of those two. Satsuki doesn't know what to say, she glance back to Hiroto.

Hiroto smiled broadly because he knew that this will get really bad, "Uh... you sir... I was just..." Mr.Sho tapping his finger on his crossed arms, retaining his scary stare to Satsuki and Hiroto. Hiroto suddenly stood up while raising his hand, "Okay I get it! I'll confess that I try to talk to Satsuki but she ignore it, so entirely it's my fault not hers!" Mr.Sho turns his sight to Satsuki and asked her, "Is it true Satsuki? is he trying to make a conversation but you ignore it?"

"Yes ...," she doesn't know but Satsuki already answered it. So then Mr. Sho turns back to Hiroto. For a little while, Mr. Sho only stood there, looked right to Hiroto without said anything.

"He told me that you are handsome!" Satsuki said. She just successfully made some students sufferfully hold their laugh.

Soon Hiroto was sent off by Mr.Sho, before he came out he gave a thumbs up to Satsuki while whispering "Good Job." So for the whole class Hiroto stood up using one at outside, the bell rang which means that it's lunch time. Hiroto had already left for canteen before Mr.Sho's class out, he bought some melon bread that he love so much and kept it inside his pocket. He then awaits until other student to arrive.

Satsuki sighed lowly when Hiroto already out of the classroom. He still end up punished, she thought as she started to felt sorry. Then the class started. In short, when the lunch time came, Satsuki went out of the classroom to find Hiroto. But he wasn't there. "Maybe he already at the canteen." Soon enough, Satsuki arrived at the place that she mentioned above. She look around the place and found Hiroto not so long there. Then she walked towards him. "So you are here, Hiroto-kun," Satsuki said as she right in front of him. "Ah, since I loose from Hiroto this morning, shall I go and buy the melon bread now?" She smiled.

Hiroto shook his head brom left to right, "it's alright, got it here," he showed the two melon bread he just bought from the canteen. The melon bread was so popular that people would swarm the canteen just to but the bread and with only 100 stock a day, it was like a battlefield. He opened the melon bread's packet and give her, "here," Hiroto gave Satsuki her share. Hiroto noticed as well how some girls around the both of them started to stare, it was a sign of jelousy towards Satsuki. Hiroto would worried time to time when that's happen, he's afraid due to her close relationship as friends with Satsuki, someone would bully her.

Speaking of bullying, suddenly a group of girls walking towards Hiroto and without any second sat beside him, it was Maya Himawari, a young graceful girl which eveyone known for her goddess-like features, she was also daughter of a rich family."My my.. if it isn't Hiroto, mind if I sit here? also is it okay if my friends join as well?" the other students who were with Maya started to fill the seats making there left no seats left to sit. "uhmm..." Hiroto paused for awhile, "sorry but if you're sitting here with your friends then there's no room for Satsuki to sit, if there's isn't any room left for her to sit then I guess we're going to find others." Hiroto held Satsuki's hand and started to lok for another place. While looking for place to sit, Hiroto whispered, "I'm sorry Satsuki, because of me you have to go through this."

Satsuki recieved the bread he gave her. "Thank you." She smiled. Not so long after that, Maya and some of her friends came and filled all the bench. Now it's almost full, maybe only one left to sit. Look at what happened, Hiroto took her hand and walked away as he finding for another bench. "Why do Hiroto-kun say sorry? And why do we should see another place? Do Hiroto-kun doesn't want to sit with them?" Satsuki asked, she didn't really get what happened. Satsuki thought, Maya just want to talk with him. Soon, they found an empty table and sat there. "Oh, right. I want to ask why Hiroto-kun want to join choir too? I think you don't like to join an unpopular club."

Hiroto gave a faint smile, "sure! and beside there's no club that's unpopular" Hiroto isn't that thick headed to know that Satsuki has been been bullied by certain peers especially the girls that's in one year with them. Hiroto sat down with her in an empty seat which happen to be empty. Maya on other hand grind her teeth, feeling jealous and angry at the same time. She was angry on how she, the most beautiful girl couldn't gain the favor of the most popular boy over a nerd. She pierced her steak with the fork that the cafeteria provided, she stab the steak as if she use a sword. "I've had enough with this, girls let's wreck that girl badly," Maya smirked from afar.

"But choir is kinda quiet," retorted Satsuki as she starts to opened the bread's wrap. She talking with her eyes keep looking at the bread on her hands. "Um, I mean, we isn't shining like the other clubs. There wasn't many rumors about the members nor the club activities, like our club really don't have any of that. I think it really doesn't fit Hiroto ... somehow." Satsuki took a bite of her melon bread. "It's sweet!" she said cheerfully like she never ate the bread before. Well, she almost always giving the same response.

Hiroto patted her head, "I'm only the one who can say if I'm not suited for the club," Hiroto take a bite of his bread before continue, "and beside how bad the club current state is?" He smiled brightly to Satsuki to ensure Satsuki's from worrying too much. Maya on other hand ordered her underlings to draw and write horrible things on Satsuki's desk as well as on the whiteboard, she was also ordered them in a specific time where no one would go and see their doings.