Behind That Smile

Once she done eating, Satsuki reached her pockets at the blue blazer she wore. Then she looks surprised. "Oh my, seems like I forgot to bring my wallet. Perhaps it still in my bag. I will be back soon," Satsuki said as she starts to get up and walk out of the canteen. It's not like usual that she forgetting something, maybe because she was too worried about Hiroto so that she didn't remember that and only rush away back then. When Satsuki arrived at the class, she's surprised by the words that written on the whiteboard, it was also the same with her desk. Just when Satsuki stopped beside her desk, some girls walked into the class and came near her. It confuse her, made her mind full of questions of what happened. "Look what we got here," Maya showed up herself as she walked and stood right in front of Satsuki. She gave her some arrogant and warthful stares as her hands crossed in front of her chest.

At a time like this, Satsuki doesn't know what to say. She confused and scared at the same time. Her face made Maya let out a laugh. "I will not hurt you, you know. Not yet. But I should warn you, if you keep clinging on Hiroto, I think I will do something more, more than this. You don't want to make it worse, right?" Satsuki shook her head. "Good. Remember that," Maya threatened, as she started to walk away. "Come on, girls. We will back if she troubling again."

While she lefted alone in the class, Satsuki sighed deeply. She started to clean up the whiteboard and the desk. Hiroto may waiting for her, but Satsuki better erase the mess first, quickly.

Hiroto yawned while looking at the clock up in the cafeteria ceiling but as you know that Hiroto doesn't have the patience like other people does, so he walked back to the class to see if Satsuki doing fine but in the middle of his way to the class he met Maya and her pact. Hiroto glanced at her with a scary look while Maya looked back at him with a beautiful gaze, "My my if it isn't Hiroto, I don't see Satsuki with you, how unatural..." Maya said. "Quit fooling around, you're just came from where Satsuki are, aren't I right?" Hiroto suspicious of Maya especially on how she treated Satsuki back in the canteen. Maya faintly smile before walked pass Hiroto, "Maybe?" Hearing that Hiroto quickly ran towards the class afraid that something bad happen, he looked from outside the window just to see Satsuki in the middle of erasing the whiteboard. He opened the classroom door, "did someone ask you to do their chores?"

Satsuki turns her head in shock. She really does not expect that Hiroto will come to the class too. "Hiroto-kun?!" She quickened to erase the words in the whiteboard. It's only a some half so Satsuki can finish it in a flash. "N-no. It's just ... uhm ... it's only what Mr. Sho wrote in his class. B-because I found it still there, I thought to erase it. Hahaha ...." Satsuki smiled brightly, tried to pretend him like there were nothing happened. But then Satsuki remebered her desk, which is still full of scratches, so Satsuki rushed to her desk with a wet mop in her hand and erase the streaks. "Um, it's nothing. Only that ... uh, someone accidentally dirt the table." She kept on cleaning, Satsuki wish Hiroto wouldn't smell anything weird.

Hiroto still suspicious as Satsuki usually isn't like this but he let it slide thinking that it just his intuition. Hiroto moved towards Satsuki and helped her wiped the whiteboard, "so... this is what you do during free time?" Hiroto tried to break the ice between Satsuki and him. Hiroto when in silence again as he awaits Satsuki to reply him back, grasping his palm, he stopped, "Is there anything you want to say? or do you need..." Hiroto stole a glance to Satsuki wanting to ask about it but backs down in the last second, "hmm... Nevermind, so do you know what class after lunch? I can't remember it very well."

Satsuki tried to keep on smiling. "Yes ... something like that." She hoping inside that Hiroto won't ask any further about what she was doing. It's really not like usual her. She been so relived when Hiroto isn't asking about what actually happened. "Class after lunch? Actually, we don't really have classes today, only some greetings after the holidays, but well, seems like it was History after this," she answered, kept on.cleaning her desk which almost clear that she slower down her hands. Satsuki feel strange when he found out that Hiroto isn't remember the school schedule. "Didn't Hiroto-kun prepare what you should bring today last night? How could you can't remember it?"

Hiroto chuckled a bit, his eyes rolled away from Satsuki's preventing unwanted eye contact," actually..." Hiroto put his left hand up to his back neck, "I don't really bring anything besides my pencil case and note books." Hiroto never really love study, although he knows that he needs to and the only time he would bring books is when he "review" the material for exam which he usually only read 5 min before the exam started. He opened his bag and show it to Satsuki, "and the rest.. well you know me..." besides his notebook, there are a pile of soccer magazine hanging out inside, it was as thick as a dictionary.

The bell which mark the end of lunch time and the start of history lesson.

"Ooh ...," Satsuki loss of words. She does know Hiroto's habits since they are childhood friends, but she never find out how much he really likes soccer. Now that she knows, Satsuki only keep smiling at him and giggled. "I bet I've told you something about bad habits this morning at the train station."

The bell rang not so long after that, when the class have been looks nice again like nothing happened. After all the students fill the class and the bench, a teacher came into the class to gave a little of the history lecture. The female, history teacher was tall, beautiful, nice and so friendly. Satsuki knows the teacher since she oftenly meet her everytime Satsuki come to the school library, everyone call her Ms. Yui. "Yui-sensei was really charming, don't you think so Hiroto-kun?" Satsuki said when the class ended. She started to prepare her things to her bag.

Hiroto looked away from the teacher as he doesn't have a single interest in her, she was hailed by a lot of male student but only him that know the real Yui. "Yeah," Hiroto sighed as he replied to Satsuki with a faint voice. Behind her beautiful and goddess like face, is a whole different person. Hiroto once found miss Yui riding motorbikes around the town while a lot of people following her. He also saw her beating up a bunch of male which have larger body frame than her's. "If you know what I've seen maybe you would...." just as he wanted to continue, Ms.Yui glared at Hiroto with a creepy smile, "Excuse me Hiroto, am I hearing things?"
Hiroto went into panic mode as he saw Ms.Yui. what the hell, she could hear me from that far?

"Wah! Yui-sensei!" Satuski seems surprised and glad at the same time. "Sensei knows Hiroto-kun?" Satsuki have a feeling that her teacher and her friend are knowing something and are talking about it. She been curious about what it is. "Is there was something?" Satsuki asked again. Ms. Yui turns her sweet face to the glasses girl and said with a sweet smile, "Well, I think I remember that I've met Hiroto somewhere when I doing something... ah, it's not a good timing." Ms. Yui talked with a blush on her white cheek, it made some male student in the class rush their face under their table in order to hide their red faces. In Satsuki view, Satsuki found her ashamed in a cuddle way. "Is there something shameful happened? Oh no." Satsuki quickly look at Hiroto. "You should not reveal someone's disgrace, Hiroto-kun."

Reactions: GreenSea
Hiroto flustered and doesn't know what to do, he only can looked away from Satsuki, "well that's..." he stuttered. Ms.Yui smirked inside her heart, loving that she could keep her secret safe. She clears her throat to break the mood and claps her hand gently, "okay now now, we need to move on to the next topic guys, it about..." and so the class continue. Hiroto squirmed his eyes to Ms.Yui to annoy her mostly.

The class ended, Satsuki back preparing her things to her bag. "Choir practices every Tuesday and Friday, so now we can go home," Satuki said as she put on her bag and look at Hiroto. She adjusted her glasses a bit and turns away while still smiling to Hiroto. "Come on. We should go home now." She wait for Hiroto and walk together. Not so long, we already out of the school. Sometimes, Satsuki steal some glance to Hiroto's face, a little hoping inside her heart that Hiroto wasn't notice it. Then she back to look foward. "Uhm ... Hiroto-kun," she said softly, "it has been 10 years since we know each other. Do you still remember?" Satsuki blushes, but she keep smiling, look forward while wait for Hiroto to answer.

Hiroto looked at Satsuki in a confused manner, he doesn't know what to said, "Uhmm... remember what?" Hiroto tried to think hard what Satsuki means. "Ah... you mean how we met? you were chased by a dog and was crying really hard!" he chuckled. As steps getting closer to their home which is side to side, he suddenly asked Satsuki, "do you want to said something Satsuki? before we go back to our own home?"

Satsuki blushes even more when Hiroto told again how the way they first meet. "There ... there are some parts too that I don't want you to remember." Satsuki stopped for a while, then smiles again. "But I don't want you to forget everything about us too." They already near to their house. When Satsuki heard those questions, she stopped her steps and looked down to her feet. She became somewhat hesistant to answer him. "Uhm ... Hiroto-kun ... I'm actually ...." She blushes again while her hands grip her bag tightly. "All this time ... I'm actually always ...." Satsuki closed her eyes, urge herself to say what she meant to say. "I always want to call you onee-chan!"

Hiroto stunned looking at Satsuki with his eyes rolled open widely, "uhm...." he soon burst into laughter "HAHA! it's funny Satsuki!" Hiroto patted her head, "you know that you can always call me Nii-chan right?" he smiled warmly to Satsuki to ease her worry. Hiroto soon went back to his home after waving his hand to Satsuki. Hiroto went back to his room, staring at his old photo with Satsuki with a sad face, "soon I won't be able to see her again..."

Satsuki smiled to him and walked into her house. She came into her room and put her bag beside her table, then sat on her bed. Slowly, her hands put off the round glasses on her face, put it on the bed. She loosen her braided purple hair, as her face keep looking down to the floor. Not smiling again this time. Satsuki has a fair white skin, with big round blue eyes. Her face looks so much younger than her true age. Even if she was 17 years old, she looks like a 14 or 13 child. Satsuki still remember that she ever bullied by some friends because of her young figure, it was when she still sat at the Elementary, and they said she looks like a kindergarden child, Hiroto was there too, it was when she realized that ... that Hiroto isn't really looked like an ordinary friend, she realized that he more than a childhood friend for her. She always used to have him close with her, they always been together, but she thought maybe she need to tell him about that. As her long hair fell and covered her back, she sighed deeply. "That's ... that's not what I actually meant to say," she murmured.

Hiroto places satsuki and his photo to the side before writing a letter, it said "Satsuki, I know this type of letter doesn't suit my style...." he threw the letter half way into the writing away. maybe it's too early... I just want her to feel as comfortable as it is.The next day, sun started to rise up and Hiroto still asleep as per usual. He already set his alarm clock to the designated hour yet he still doesn't want to wake up mainly he want more sleep. A bit later, his phone rang really hard, it was a ringtone that he specially use when Satsuki's call him, it is her nagging.

The next morning, Satsuki woke up and prepared herself for school like usual. When she checked her bag, she look at a photo she put on the wall with a paper frame she made by herself, that was a photo of her and Hiroto. Satsuki giggled. "He might be still sleeping right now." It's not like Satsuki always left him and let him coming late to school. Usually she wake him up too, but not always. She took her phone and called Hiroto's number. As Satsuki waited for him to pick up, she keep on smiling.

And there she goes... Hiroto took a peek on his phone, he picked up the phone, "Ugh... I get it Satsuki, I woke up already, so... shall we meet at usual place?" Hiroto slowly stood up to his bathroom where he would multitask by using one hand holding the phone while the other brushing his teeth. He continued talking to Satsuki on the phone, " so is there any homework or possibly quiz? since I'm.. you know always kinda drowzy when it comes to classes especially ms.Yui... urgh it gives me chill whenever I talk about her."

Satsuki giggled and grab her bag. She started to walk outside while still talking on the phone. "I'll wait you at the train station again," she replied. "Gladly, there's no homework yet, but I don't know about any sudden test. Let's think that our English teacher isn't as cruel as the last year, I'm pretty sure she really likes to give tests without any announcement." Satsuki arrived at the station and sat on a bench. She looked around to see people walked into the first train, there's still many people around the train station. "30 minutes left, Hiroto-kun," she warned him.

"What 30 more min?!" Hiroto shouted as he almost fell down the stair while wearing his socks in process. After all the struggling, he went and snatched some toast that already spread in butter, "sorry mom, gotta go, love you!" he ran straight out his house and started to run as fast as he could like always. Unlike usual he came early by 5 minutes which already is his biggest achievement of the day, he train was crowded so he try to go inside the crowd to check whether Satsuki is stuck inside the crowd as he knows her tendency to get lost in the middle of the crowd.