Be Prepared! (A Modern Apocalyptic Fantasy Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinopa

Kanari +The Phoenix of Norindul+
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. One post per day
  3. 1-3 posts per week
Online Availability
12pm - 4pm, 10pm - 12am EST Monday - Friday (Not always able to RP on the weekends, but reachable if needed)
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
  4. Transgender
  5. Agender
  6. Primarily Nonbinary
Genres
Anything except realistic stuff.
2lnie0z.jpg

The Summary

The world has fallen into disarray as unknown orbs begin transforming civilians into savage creatures. No one knows where the orbs came from, all they know is that whatever they touch turns into something much more dangerous than the zombies they've seen on TV. All hope seems lost, except for a select few who vanished for a year, 5 years ago. They remember nothing of what happened to them during their disappearance, but when they came back, they were not the same. For some, their personalities changed, for others, they gained skills they never had before, and some were effected by both or some other way. Another thing they came back with was the ability to control some sort of substance (fire, energy, sand, etc. Limited one substance per person, i.e. one who can manipulate fire cannot manipulate sand. And there cannot be multiple people who can manipulate the same substance.) However, this ability only surfaced the moment the orbs did. This strange phenomenon can't be explained, but it may just save their lives when confronted by a horde of Corrupted.

Summary of the summary (?)
Extra info!

I have so much more detailed info on this but I'll save that for the actual thread, but basically this is an apocalyptic modern rp (it's in the year 2020, but its modern). The setting is the state of New York, and don't worry, unlike other apocalyptic themed things, there will be electricity! I plan for this to have many twists the further we get into the rp, and for those of you who have a life outside of the rping community you don't have to worry, I have college so I know life can be hard, therefore there will not be a posting limit to begin with, however, if this ends up getting a little too slow I will push 2 posts per week (which isn't really bad, I've done it with ease while taking 4 classes at once).

The Characters

You all will be playing "The Prepared", which are those who vanished in 2015 and returned a year later changed with no memory of what happened to the during that year. No, this is not based off of 4400, or some kind of alien movie (Aliens did not abduct them!). I would like some variety in the characters, and I'm not afraid to reject some.

The Dreaded Rules

1) Follow Iwaku's rules.

2) You guys can use gore (I love gruesome posts) and romance/vulgarities (I encourage it) are allowed, but when it comes to actually having sex, please don't go into detail. Fade to black or take it to the PMs or something like that, this is not a libertine!

3) I'll be lax with postings for now, but if this gets too dead I'll enforce 2 posts per week from each person. I understand that real life gets in the way, but if you're going to vanish please let me know so we can move your character into a position that doesn't hold your fellow players back from posting.

4) Although this apocalypse is happening all over the world, please remain within New York, you have Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island to work with here.

5) While drama is welcomed in IC, please don't cause drama out of character with your fellow players. If something arises please come to me privately and we can come up with something to fix it.

6) No perfect characters, they are beyond boring and will be rejected. Flaws, weaknesses, etc. Let's get those creative juices flowing and create someone who can make this story so much more interesting, because characters are the source of a good plot.

7) People can have up to 3 characters for now, but no one is forced to have multiple characters. In fact, if you think you won't be able to handle multiple characters then I implore you to only have one.

8) I expect intermediate writing or higher when it comes to posts. If I see a one liner I will kick you in less than a heartbeat. I'm not expecting novels, as my favorite GM always says, "Length doesn't matter, it about how you use it" or something like that (>_> perv). Quality over quantity pretty much. But I do understand that sometimes writer's block strikes (I fall victim to it many times). Push past it and try your best, your posts don't have to be perfect masterpieces.

9) Imagination is requires.

10) You must have fun!!!

Finally! The Long Awaited End!

That's pretty much it for now. If you're interested just say so below and I'll let you all know when it's up. Also I won't start it unless I have enough people (I'm hoping for at least 10, but 5 will do to get it started.)

I look forward to roleplaying with you all!​

Count me interested.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Going to bed but read some of the beginning but already interested lol

Last edited:
  • Love
Hmm, certainly seems interesting, sure as sure.

• Love
Hey~hey~~^^!!

Interested with a Capital~~BOOOOOOM!!~~ ;DD

Buuuuuuut... like does this RP start with us waking up, oh look yuckies attacking me! wait wut? Isurvived cuz i have powers, how did that happen well lets just wander then randomly bump into other power weilding strangers and then argue till we have to trust/join forces and figure out the best way to end the not-really-zombies apocalypse like almost every other post apoc zombie rp but with no waking up with power(s)?

Cuz if so then..

Interested with a lowecase meh :/

But still nicely laid out info for your Check, bruh! fo'sho!!^^!!

• Love
Im going to bed. Will read it tomorrow.

• Love
Sounds cool. Can I reserve electromagnetism manipulation?

• Love
Okay I read over everything and I am in^^.
I loving have mutiple chars so will be making three chars.
If I can, reserving
Aerokinesis
Botanokinesis and
Telekinesis

One more question, anime pics or real or both. I perfer real pics but I can work with either one, since some people get upset if they can't do one or the other lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Oh my goodness! I wake up to find that 8 people are interested! I love you guys!

Mkay I shall start answering questions
Hey~hey~~^^!!

Interested with a Capital~~BOOOOOOM!!~~ ;DD

Buuuuuuut... like does this RP start with us waking up, oh look yuckies attacking me! wait wut? Isurvived cuz i have powers, how did that happen well lets just wander then randomly bump into other power weilding strangers and then argue till we have to trust/join forces and figure out the best way to end the not-really-zombies apocalypse like almost every other post apoc zombie rp but with no waking up with power(s)?

Cuz if so then..

Interested with a lowecase meh :/

But still nicely laid out info for your Check, bruh! fo'sho!!^^!!
No, they don't have to start off waking up, I actually have sort of an example that will be posted in the actual thread. The whole waking up thing happened 4 years ago when they returned from where ever they were taken (which I have the answer to, I didn't just pull it out of my ass lol, it will be answered as we progress through the rp). Characters would start out in their normal lives until "The First Wave" which is when the orbs start turning people. More info about that will be giving in the thread.

Whether you want to join forces with the others or not is up to the players. You can choose to join others, you could choose to attack them, or simply ignore them, its all up to you. However you choose to play I will adapt.

And thank you! I love your enthusiasm!

If you guys have anymore questions like this, about the rp and such, post them and I'll have a spot in the thread where they'll be answered.

Sounds cool. Can I reserve electromagnetism manipulation?
Yes you can!

Okay I read over everything and I am in^^.
I loving have mutiple chars so will be making three chars.
If I can, reserving
Aerokinesis
Pathokinesis and
Telekinesis

One more question, anime pics or real or both. I perfer real pics but I can work with either one, since some people get upset if they can't do one or the other lol.
I'll set aside Aerokinesis and Telekinesis for you. I forgot (like an idiot, so sorry) to put that the powers were given to them in order to survive the Corrupted, Pathokinesis is useless against them as they do not have control over themselves.

While I do prefer drawings (doesn't necessarily have to be anime) I'll allow real pics.

Mkay I believe I got them all.
Thank you all so much for your interest, I actually wasn't expecting to get this many people so fast lol. Well I'll keep my promise, as I now have enough players, and put up the actual thread.

Oh my goodness! I wake up to find that 8 people are interested! I love you guys!

Mkay I shall start answering questions

No, they don't have to start off waking up, I actually have sort of an example that will be posted in the actual thread. The whole waking up thing happened 4 years ago when they returned from where ever they were taken (which I have the answer to, I didn't just pull it out of my ass lol, it will be answered as we progress through the rp). Characters would start out in their normal lives until "The First Wave" which is when the orbs start turning people. More info about that will be giving in the thread.

Whether you want to join forces with the others or not is up to the players. You can choose to join others, you could choose to attack them, or simply ignore them, its all up to you. However you choose to play I will adapt.

And thank you! I love your enthusiasm!

If you guys have anymore questions like this, about the rp and such, post them and I'll have a spot in the thread where they'll be answered.

Yes you can!

I'll set aside Aerokinesis and Telekinesis for you. I forgot (like an idiot, so sorry) to put that the powers were given to them in order to survive the Corrupted, Pathokinesis is useless against them as they do not have control over themselves.

While I do prefer drawings (doesn't necessarily have to be anime) I'll allow real pics.

Mkay I believe I got them all.
Thank you all so much for your interest, I actually wasn't expecting to get this many people so fast lol. Well I'll keep my promise, as I now have enough players, and put up the actual thread.
Oh yeah I changed my pathokinesis to Botanokinesis plant control. I realized a few minutes after posting that lol, patho would be useless in this world^^

And thanks^^

• Love
Oh yeah I changed my pathokinesis to Botanokinesis plant control. I realized a few minutes after posting that lol, patho would be useless in this world^^

And thanks^^
Ah perfect! Then its reserved.
No prob

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Cool can't wait for this. Already thinking up chars lol.

• Love
This could possibly be a really dumb question but since the Corrupted can't be controlled through Pathokineses (emotionally since I'm assuming their more primal), is it still possible to have a power that specifically controls them?

With set backs, don't want to delve into the OP realm.

• Love
This could possibly be a really dumb question but since the Corrupted can't be controlled through Pathokineses (emotionally since I'm assuming their more primal), is it still possible to have a power that specifically controls them?

With set backs, don't want to delve into the OP realm.
Is not a dumb question, don't worry.
I would have to say no, at least not by the playable characters, in the thread it will kind of explain where they came from and whats going on. It isn't really a primal thing that keeps them from being controlled emotionally, but they have no will of their own, so emotions don't really affect their actions. There would be ways to control them physically like telekinesis or maybe some other kind of thing (can't think of any yet but I'm sure there's something) but that will be just moving them, not controlling.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Came up with a second character idea, so can I get vibration manipulation for that one?

Came up with a second character idea, so can I get vibration manipulation for that one?
Very interesting, yes you can!

• Thank You
Reactions: Karakui
Neat. Is there an age limit for characters? I don't want to be planning something that's going to be too young or old and have to start again.

Ooooh!! The Boo Girlie wants to reserve Light Manipulation. Cuz light sabres. And rainbows!! (⊙__⊙) oooooohhhh.... Rainbow light sabres!! Yayuh!! ;333~

Status
Not open for further replies.