Be Prepared! (A Modern Apocalyptic Fantasy Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neat. Is there an age limit for characters? I don't want to be planning something that's going to be too young or old and have to start again.
Nope, we're going with anime logic when it comes to age, one of the characters I'm playing is a little girl who's 12 so yeah. Well as long as they're not like toddlers unless you have a guardian who's going to protect them.

• Thank You
Reactions: Karakui
Ooooh!! The Boo Girlie wants to reserve Light Manipulation. Cuz light sabres. And rainbows!! (⊙__⊙) oooooohhhh.... Rainbow light sabres!! Yayuh!! ;333~
Lol mkay its reserved for you

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Hehe, light manipulation vs electromagnetism. This could be interesting.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Hehe, light manipulation vs electromagnetism. This could be interesting.
Ughs... Nevermind. Electromagnetism manipulates light waves too right? (>,<)!!

Ughs... Nevermind. Electromagnetism manipulates light waves too right? (>,<)!!
Well, light is just electromagnetic radiation, yeah, but I plan on having it obey the laws of physics, so outright light manipulation will be much stronger. My character would never be able to make a lightsaber or rainbow death lasers or anything.

Well, light is just electromagnetic radiation, yeah, but I plan on having it obey the laws of physics, so outright light manipulation will be much stronger. My character would never be able to make a lightsaber or rainbow death lasers or anything.

Kay I'll just stick with light manipulation for now then ^^

Well, seems like I missed quite a bit during my slumber. Hmm, me thinks I might give something a little more esoteric a shot, maybe Tychokinesis (Probability Manipulation)?

• Love
Is not a dumb question, don't worry.
I would have to say no, at least not by the playable characters, in the thread it will kind of explain where they came from and whats going on. It isn't really a primal thing that keeps them from being controlled emotionally, but they have no will of their own, so emotions don't really affect their actions. There would be ways to control them physically like telekinesis or maybe some other kind of thing (can't think of any yet but I'm sure there's something) but that will be just moving them, not controlling.

Ah alright, thanks for the clear up.

Also I'd like to pin down fire manipulation if it's up for grabs.

• Love
You guys can have those two, but for the electromagnetism I realized it controls multiple things; User can create, shape and manipulate electromagnetism which (with the exception of gravitation) account for almost all physical phenomena observable to the unaided human senses, including light and other electromagnetic radiation, all of chemistry, most of mechanics (excepting gravitation), and of course magnetism and electricity.

You would have to choose only one of those (except light as that is taken). For example, earth manipulation. Earth manipulation could include sand, metal, minerals, etc but one character would only be able to manipulate one of those.

So @Karakui choose one and get that to me when you can so I can reserve it for you. Also the things from Earth manipulation are reserved for now, but by tonight they will be back up. (so if you want a character with some kind of earth manipulation just wait a little and I'll let you know when its back up
I'm sorry about all of that, completely my fault, I'll start doing more research on the manipulations everyone reserves.

Damn, usually people don't research :D I wasn't planning on doing most chemistry stuff - I was going to limit it to magnetism and electricity.

• Love
Well, seems like I missed quite a bit during my slumber. Hmm, me thinks I might give something a little more esoteric a shot, maybe Tychokinesis (Probability Manipulation)?
That one depends, would you be able to use it to survive? And no, you wouldn't be able to not come face to face with a corrupted by changing luck that way, but if you combine it with some kind of combat I would definitely be inclined to give it a shot if you can get creative with it. But remember, the whole point of the powers is for survival. So if you don't think you'd be able to handle hordes of corrupted then you should choose something a little more offensive.

Ah alright, thanks for the clear up.

Also I'd like to pin down fire manipulation if it's up for grabs.
No problem and it is all yours

Damn, usually people don't research :D I wasn't planning on doing most chemistry stuff - I was going to limit it to magnetism and electricity.
Lol, sadly you must choose only one of those.

They're pretty much the same thing. It's impossible to have one without the other - magnetism generates electricity and electricity generates magnetism. Plus, just electricity alone is boring and just magnetism alone is incredibly weak so...

They're pretty much the same thing. It's impossible to have one without the other - magnetism generates electricity and electricity generates magnetism.
Yeah, but you would only be able to control one of them, despite how much they go hand in hand.

Well, that seems exceedingly pointless. Just having electricity would still have the character doing the exact same things, I'd just write "using a carefully tailored electrical current" instead of "using direct control of the electron's spin"

Well, that seems exceedingly pointless. Just having electricity would still have the character doing the exact same things, I'd just write "using a carefully tailored electrical current" instead of "using direct control of the electron's spin"
As pointless as it seems, its the rules, and you can do that. I'm not stopping you from doing the other if you can explain it in your post how you did it, if you cause the other using your own manipulation then okay, but you wouldn't be able to control the other as you can with your own manipulation.

Also I do this because if you end up getting electricity, someone else may want magnetism. Because the two are used in different ways (I had a character with magnetism and he didn't focus on the electricity side of it.)

Think of it this way, lets say that electricity was earth and magnetism was minerals, they go hand in hand, but they can only control one of them. You can create minerals with earth, minerals are made from earth, but someone with earth cannot control earth in the form of minerals.

its a matter of what the power focuses on. Its confusing, I know, but I'm trying my best to explain it (I suck at explaining things)

That one depends, would you be able to use it to survive? And no, you wouldn't be able to not come face to face with a corrupted by changing luck that way, but if you combine it with some kind of combat I would definitely be inclined to give it a shot if you can get creative with it. But remember, the whole point of the powers is for survival. So if you don't think you'd be able to handle hordes of corrupted then you should choose something a little more offensive.

No problem and it is all yours

Lol, sadly you must choose only one of those.
Hmm, you make a valid point, I'll do some research. I could probably Gambit my way through things, but I doubt the powers that be would be willing to chance it, eh? And fear not, I wasn't going to pull the "Too lucky to see the enemies" card, that be lazy haha.

Hm, I still disagree but as long as I get to do what I planned I'm not going to complain further.

Since everyone is making reservations, put me down for paper manipulation
Its all yours. Interested to see how you play this one out. Would you be able to use it against the Corrupted?

Hmm, you make a valid point, I'll do some research. I could probably Gambit my way through things, but I doubt the powers that be would be willing to chance it, eh? And fear not, I wasn't going to pull the "Too lucky to see the enemies" card, that be lazy haha.
Lol, I'll have it reserved for you, but in your research if you find something else you want to use you can easily change it, or if you find a way to use it then keep it.

Hm, I still disagree but as long as I get to do what I planned I'm not going to complain further.

Mkay, so which one do you want me to reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.