Be Prepared! (A Modern Apocalyptic Fantasy Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is up with your sigi, mate? Jeez it creeps me out, no offence.
It's a part of me ^_^ I love horror things and being jump scared (even though I still try to avoid them xD ) But yeah, when it brings people even a little terror then I've done my job xD Plus, hello..my name is T E R R O R xD

Last edited:
This is the song that comes to mind everytime I think of this role play xD

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Jihae
This is the song that comes to mind everytime I think of this role play xD
Rofl yeah, I literally sing it everytime I see the title. It was unintentional but I love it lol.

Interested! Still accepting?
Always! If you have a manipulation in mind, let me know so I can reserve it. The signups are here, and we also have an OoC set up for chat, questions, etc.
I'm glad to see that you're interested and look forward to rping with you!

Always! If you have a manipulation in mind, let me know so I can reserve it. The signups are here, and we also have an OoC set up for chat, questions, etc.
I'm glad to see that you're interested and look forward to rping with you!
Very good! I had manipulating shadows/darkness in mind. Is that open?

I'm pretty sure Darkness is taken, but there's a list of reserves in the Signups anyway, I think.

Yeah Darkness has already been reserved, but you could always make a very similar ability, depending on the desired effects. For example, if you were wanting to make humanoid fighters out of black intangible substances, you could go with Oil Manipulation. That comes with a bunch of other cool stuff too :P

The sweet old lady who's capable of tearing your limbs off provided you give her 5 minutes to hobble up to you.

The sweet old lady who's capable of tearing your limbs off provided you give her 5 minutes to hobble up to you.
When I saw the CS I thought, "This is a joke, right?" But the more I read it the more I loved the old lady!

I'm pretty sure Darkness is taken, but there's a list of reserves in the Signups anyway, I think.

Yeah Darkness has already been reserved, but you could always make a very similar ability, depending on the desired effects. For example, if you were wanting to make humanoid fighters out of black intangible substances, you could go with Oil Manipulation. That comes with a bunch of other cool stuff too :P
For oil manipulation (or for any power) do you have to have access to the substance to use the power? I love the idea of oil manipulation but my concern is the prevalence of the substance. Otherwise I was thinking of Metal >_>

Working on CS now! :) I'm really looking forward to this rp.

For oil manipulation (or for any power) do you have to have access to the substance to use the power? I love the idea of oil manipulation but my concern is the prevalence of the substance. Otherwise I was thinking of Metal >_>

Doesn't look like you need access to it, but at lower levels that might be a good idea. For my electricity manipulator, I plan on having her require a battery or other electricity source in order to use most of her skills. She can propagate and increase the power of the charge from the battery, though, so a 9 volt AAA cell could easily provide the energy for a 3000 volt attack, but a 0 volt Nothing couldn't.

@Sinopa what do you think of the idea of making people require a source for their ability to begin with?

Doesn't look like you need access to it, but at lower levels that might be a good idea. For my electricity manipulator, I plan on having her require a battery or other electricity source in order to use most of her skills. She can propagate and increase the power of the charge from the battery, though, so a 9 volt AAA cell could easily provide the energy for a 3000 volt attack, but a 0 volt Nothing couldn't.

@Sinopa what do you think of the idea of making people require a source for their ability to begin with?
I see....I was also thinking he could have limited amounts to produce on his own but if surrounding by the element his power would be greater/last longer. If I keep oil I could also do something similar, have him wear a back pack full of oil lol XD

Then to electrocute him to set him on fire! If you let him control anything that classes as "oil", so include vegetable oils etc, there's going to be plenty for him to use. He could carry around some Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the particularly powerful attacks :P Also, a fun little side note of Oil Manipulation - the human body actually contains a massive amount of oils, so you could use it to do direct damage. In the end game, he might even be able to tear cells in half and use it to make enemies disintegrate :D

Then to electrocute him to set him on fire! If you let him control anything that classes as "oil", so include vegetable oils etc, there's going to be plenty for him to use. He could carry around some Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the particularly powerful attacks :P Also, a fun little side note of Oil Manipulation - the human body actually contains a massive amount of oils, so you could use it to do direct damage. In the end game, he might even be able to tear cells in half and use it to make enemies disintegrate :D
Oh my, I love your thinking! Here I was thinking so small! OIL MANIPULATION it is! CS half way done :)

Ironically, I was actually thinking on the really small scale when I thought of that... Microscopically small :P

You can produce the natural oils that humans possess, but for now you can't create others so you'll have to have it with you... For now. As we progress the characters will get stronger and will be able to do more with their abilities.

They would have to control it the entire time, otherwise it will jump into the realm of soul manipulation, which isn't on the table.

Sorry, going to bed now. Just answering the questions I saw as I skimmed, I'll check up tomorrow to see if I missed any and to check Ethal XD from what I've seen, I absolutely love her, so interesting to have an old lady in this setting lol
Goodnight all!

Reactions: Blox
I think you misunderstood... I have no idea how souls come into this. I was meaning that an electricity wielder would have to use a power source to begin with, a metal manipulator wouldn't be able to create metal from nothing - they'd have to have some metal available. A light manipulator would need to have a torch or candle before they could make their magic lasers.

Reactions: Blox
Status
Not open for further replies.