Be Prepared! (A Modern Apocalyptic Fantasy Roleplay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all yours. Interested to see how you play this one out. Would you be able to use it against the Corrupted?

Lol, I'll have it reserved for you, but in your research if you find something else you want to use you can easily change it, or if you find a way to use it then keep it.

Mkay, so which one do you want me to reserve?
Hmm, digging around, I'm torn between Ferrokinesis (Manipulation of Metals), or Gyrokinesis (Manipulation of gravity). The latter especially since I've been binging out on Undertale videos lately and Sans fascinates me to no end at all...

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
Electricity please.

• Love
Hmm, digging around, I'm torn between Ferrokinesis (Manipulation of Metals), or Gyrokinesis (Manipulation of gravity). The latter especially since I've been binging out on Undertale videos lately and Sans fascinates me to no end at all...
Ooooooo Gyrokinesis is awesome! I had a character a while ago who had it, its super fun XD and Sans is pretty cool.
Though you may have to hold off on the ferrokinesis, it, along with other earth manipulations, are sadly being temporarily reserved for a while (should be lifted before tonight)

Electricity please.
Its all yours

Ooooooo Gyrokinesis is awesome! I had a character a while ago who had it, its super fun XD and Sans is pretty cool.
Though you may have to hold off on the ferrokinesis, it, along with other earth manipulations, are sadly being temporarily reserved for a while (should be lifted before tonight)

Its all yours
Gyrokinesis it is then! I can dig some sweet gravity manipulation, good times are going to be had, sure as sure.

• Love
Gyrokinesis it is then! I can dig some sweet gravity manipulation, good times are going to be had, sure as sure.
Woooooot!! I look forward to it!

Hm, can I change my Vibration manipulation from earlier to Entropy Manipulation? It's only one principle then rather than several different kinds as vibration is.

Hm, can I change my Vibration manipulation from earlier to Entropy Manipulation? It's only one principle then rather than several different kinds as vibration is.
I dunno, I see omnipotent on the site so it seems a little OP, but its confusing to me, would you mind explaining it?

First, SuperPower Wiki documents the most powerful forms of each ability, so it's only a guideline if you're using it to figure out the rough principles of something. For the record, Omnipotence is only a valid relation to Entropy Manipulation if you don't actually know what Entropy is and just think it's a cool word.

There are two kinds of entropy, the one I'm addressing is Thermodynamic Entropy. Basically, whenever you have anything happening, you have entropy. Not all energy is useful - in every reaction, a small amount of energy is lost as useless heat energy. Eventually, the universe will run out of useful energy and completely dissipate into the most simple forms possible - a random matrix of Quarks. Entropy is also the order of something. The more ordered the molecules, the lower the entropy. Thus, a gas, with atoms moving randomly and completely unbound is in a higher state of entropy than a solid, whose atoms are aligned in a lattice fashion.

So in short, the important part is: Energy In = Energy Out + Entropy. My character is going to ignore molecular entropy and focus only on reaction entropy (so she won't be able to turn rock into gas as a full Entropy manipulator could). By increasing the Entropy of a system, the Energy Out must be decreased thanks to the above equation (making the reaction less efficient - a fireball spell might only convert 95% of the used energy into the fireball, instead of 98%. By decreasing entropy, the system can be made more efficient. By removing entropy completely, you get 100% efficiency. You could force friction to slow bullets down more quicky, for example. By reversing entropy, you can overcome limits and create over-efficiency - that friction from earlier you can make become over-efficient and slow down the bullet even more than it physically should be able.

I had seen Entropy Manipulation in the wiki, and it was a fascinating read from a thermodynamic perspective. Able to produce the theoretical perfect engine, or even a beyond perfect machine with negative entropy (Which makes the EIn​ = EOut​+ Entropy require a even higher EOut​ to compensate for the Negative Entropy). Not sure, 100% at least, where the Omnipotent came from, but I suppose being able to render something a complete wash by making something be 100% entropy losses could be mighty powerful.

It still only works on systems that obey the laws of thermodynamics though, and most magic doesn't considering the whole poofing things out of thin air thing.

That sounds like a really cool power^^ @Karakui can't wait to see it in action if you do get to use it or whatever.

For the record, my char's Telekinesis will not go into the OP area since Telekinesis can control everything at the Ultimate level so I won't go that far with my char, same with my other two powers.

Nah telekinesis isn't that powerful. It's only moving things with your mind, so anything that can't be done by moving stuff can't be done with telekinesis.

Nah telekinesis isn't that powerful. It's only moving things with your mind, so anything that can't be done by moving stuff can't be done with telekinesis.
If you say so, I read up on telekinesis like all the time and I do believe it can control anything, any movement even if something isn't suppose to move, everything does move even if you can't tell, but like I said doesn't matter since I won't have Omnikinesis.

Yeah, you can move anything theoretically, but moving things can't achieve absolutely everything. Can't turn off gravity by moving things, you can only simulate a lack of gravity, and not very many telekinetics are going to have the ability to lift more than 3 or 4 people at once, let alone everything on the planet.

Yeah I know that, that's what I said, I said my character wasn't going to do that... and I know you can't turn off gravity with telekinesis (never said you could). Like I said already Telekinesis can be super OP and I am just not going to go to that level since it can be super strong which is why most characters with Telekinesis stick to the basic level but my guy with be advance-master depending on how far the rp goes.

First, SuperPower Wiki documents the most powerful forms of each ability, so it's only a guideline if you're using it to figure out the rough principles of something. For the record, Omnipotence is only a valid relation to Entropy Manipulation if you don't actually know what Entropy is and just think it's a cool word.

There are two kinds of entropy, the one I'm addressing is Thermodynamic Entropy. Basically, whenever you have anything happening, you have entropy. Not all energy is useful - in every reaction, a small amount of energy is lost as useless heat energy. Eventually, the universe will run out of useful energy and completely dissipate into the most simple forms possible - a random matrix of Quarks. Entropy is also the order of something. The more ordered the molecules, the lower the entropy. Thus, a gas, with atoms moving randomly and completely unbound is in a higher state of entropy than a solid, whose atoms are aligned in a lattice fashion.

So in short, the important part is: Energy In = Energy Out + Entropy. My character is going to ignore molecular entropy and focus only on reaction entropy (so she won't be able to turn rock into gas as a full Entropy manipulator could). By increasing the Entropy of a system, the Energy Out must be decreased thanks to the above equation (making the reaction less efficient - a fireball spell might only convert 95% of the used energy into the fireball, instead of 98%. By decreasing entropy, the system can be made more efficient. By removing entropy completely, you get 100% efficiency. You could force friction to slow bullets down more quicky, for example. By reversing entropy, you can overcome limits and create over-efficiency - that friction from earlier you can make become over-efficient and slow down the bullet even more than it physically should be able.
Yeah that really didn't clear up anything at all, I'm still confused rofl, but you can have it, maybe I'll get a better understanding once I see it in action.

And clearing up the telekinesis thing, the character starts out only being able to move things he/she would be able to normally. So if the character can't lift 3 or 4 people with their own body they wouldn't be able to with telekinesis. Further along all the abilities will get stronger, but everyone starts off not really knowing how to completely use their powers (they just received them a few hours before IC)

Also it metal manipulation is back on the table if anyone wants it
@Rax Rosetta

Yup that's what I said.
The power out of my three reserves that I am going to have a lot of fun with is Aerokinesis since it's always cool to be able to control air and use it to do soo many different things xD

• Love
So they disappear for an entire year and only get powers a few hours ago? The hell have they been doing all this time!? Lazy bums.

• Love
So they disappear for an entire year and only get powers a few hours ago? The hell have they been doing all this time!? Lazy bums.
ROFL yeah, they were all chillin at the beach

Lol it'll all be cleared up one day

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Its all yours. Interested to see how you play this one out. Would you be able to use it against the Corrupted?

If I use the R.O.D. way of paper manipulation then yes. The character won't be able to generate paper but manipulate it freely, including its form, sharpness and density. So if my character keeps a few books on him/her then they will aways have a multi purpose weapon/tool

Status
Not open for further replies.