Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
"You don't think you can perform, or you don't want to be showing a bump on stage?" Jace asked her quietly, as if the paparazzi was lurking under the bathmat and would leak the news of her pregnancy to the masses.

He could understand her want for privacy during this time, because quite frankly, he wouldn't mind it, either. This would be hard on him and even harder on Embry, what with her being the one actually carrying the child.

"Because you could perform until you're showing." He was only pressing because he didn't want to let everyone down. "Then we can have another opening act. But only if you're comfortable with that."

E M B R Y
"Okay. I can do that."Embry agreed mumuring, after minute of silent and inward thinking.

It was only nine more days until the tour started. And it would be nearly impossible to find a replacement in that time. That way they - he wouldn't have to worry have to worry about the arrangements too much. Not too mention, everyone would remain happy.

"I believe that would be a little more than half the tour."

She dried her wet face, using the sleeve of her shirt and moved her hair out of her face. "Would that be work out okay?"

j a c e
Jace nodded and tenderly brushed away the remaining tears from her pale cheeks. "That works out perfectly." Even if it didn't, Jace would say it did. He would make it work because he wasn't going to compromise the safety and comfort of Embry for a stupid show.

Jace's phone rang. He groaned, and he answered it, carefully standing up and steadying Embry before he turned away to speak into the device.

After a few minutes, he turned back to Embry with a grin on his face. As if this day couldn't get any better. "Our song hit number one on iTunes."

E M B R Y
A slow grin crept across Embry's face until she was practically beaming."Really?" Her voice lifted enthusiastically.

"That's spectacular!" She moved to hug him tightly and kiss him on the lips.

And it was only released today. She couldn't believe it. Well, no, she could. Embry knew that the song was the best she had ever had the privilege to help make. The listeners apparently must have believed the same.

She was overcome with a new found energy, which she honestly doubted would last long. "It's only the first day, but, that feeling we had seemed to be spot on."

j a c e
Jace was filled with pure elation. Their song had hit number one. He had a beautiful girlfriend who was carrying their unborn child into the world.

He couldn't have been happier.

Jace reached down and picked up Embry, carrying her bridal-style into the kitchen and setting her down on a stool. He quickly got the two of them bowls of gourmet chocolate ice cream, with chocolate topping and sprinkles. He got them both Coke because he loved it.

"For you, madame," said Jace, sitting down beside her and grinning. "The only acceptable way to celebrate so many things."

E M B R Y
"I wouldn't change that for anything, my Good Sir." Embry returned his smile brilliantly and leaned over to place a kiss on his cheek sweetly.

Then, picked up her spoon and dug into her ice cream because the temptation was to great to resist any longer. She wanted to do nothing more than indulge herself in her bowl merrily. Because the moment Jace started serving it, she had an immediate craving for it.

She loved ice cream. She loved chocolate. And the combination was just as as sweet if not more, she loved chocolate ice cream. But, she would always love Jace more and over anything and their baby was to have that place in her heart too.

So, sitting there with a bowl of ice cream and her boyfriend beside her and knowing about the success with their song, she could have never been happier.

"It's pure joy. No morning sickness as well." Embry smiled as she poured her coke into her bowl of ice cream to create a float.

j a c e
"You're a fucking genius," Jace decided as he watched her pour her Coke into her ice cream. He did the same. "I am so fucking glad I met you."

Jace leaned over and pecked her on the lips before smiling to himself and popping some Coke-covered ice cream into his mouth. "I'm going to be a dad," he said as if he couldn't believe it.

Jace had always wanted children. He had always wanted a lot of children, and now his first was on the way, and he couldn't have been happier.

"I'm going to get you to see a doctor," he told Embry. "And I'll get you the best vitamins available. Fuck, our kid is going to be gorgeous."

E M B Y
"You're going to be dad." Embry repeated attentively. "And I'm going to be a - a mom." She choked on the word.

There was no doubt that Embry wanted to have kids. But she always thought it would be planned and that she'd be confident when the time came.

As much as she was excited she was equally, if not more, scared. She was scared more for the baby than for herself. She'd probably be a terrible mother.

However, she forced herself not to think such negative thoughts now. And it was a rather easy task, hearing Jace talk about anything regarding the baby always alleviated her fear and replaced it with more happiness and endearment toward him and this baby.

Except for vitamins. Embry hated taking any for of medicine. Shots and pills were her least favorite. She had to be forced to take ibuprofen when she was sick or in pain. And she only took the birth control for her period, not anymore now, that was another up about her pregnancy.

"Are vitamins a necessity? And would I really have to take them a day?"

j a c e
"They're not a necessity," sighed Jace as he mixed bis float all up and glanced up at Embry through huge, dark eyelashes. "But I think it would be best, to make sure the baby is as healthy as can be. And I am physically incapable of carrying a child so I have to live vicariously through you."

Jace sighed and leaned back in his seat. "You know that you're going to have to get shots, right?" he said to Embry earnestly. "It's kind of vital, to make sure you live. So, really, vitamin pills won't be so bad."

Jace reached over and squeezed her thigh reassuringly. "I just want to take care of you."

E M B R Y
"Shots?" Embry mumured soulfully. How had she not known about this part? And how many would she to take?

Her dislike and fear of injections, syringes or anytjing of the sort, wasn't extreme, but it would still be very unpleasant.

She looked to Jace and groaned, not because of the idea of dealing with shots, but because he was unintentionally guilt tripping her and he was right in all he said. And she knew it was for the best. He was looking out for her health and their baby's. Jace was always specialy caring and more so now because of the pregnancy.

"Okay. Fine. You're right. I'll do it all. Only because I love you and the little one down there." She took his hand from her lap and held it in her own. "You'll come with me, right? To those appointments? You don't have to but ...."

Embry hesitated shortly and went on speaking."I know your tired. You've been working very hard lately and it's showing. Can you just stay home today? With me. We could do anything. Let me take care you, like you're doing for me. Please?"

j a c e
"Of course I'll come with you," Jace assured her, as if the possibility of him not being there was absurd. And it was. As if Jace would sit at home while Embry, who despised needles and pills, went to the doctor and got flu and whooping cough vaccines. He'd get them himself instead of her if he could.

When she asked him to stay home, he bit his lip. There was still a couple of things to sort out -- the song was out of the way, but he needed to make a couple of travel arrangements for the tour, and he needed to order the cake for Embry's birthday.

But that could be done tomorrow. And she was pleading.

"Okay," he said with a small smile, kissing her on the lips and standing up to wash their empty bowls. "So, I'm assuming you don't want anyone to know until you're showing."

E M B R Y
Embry was glad. Glad to know he'd accompany her to the doctor's office. And glad to know he would stay within the walls of her home with her. She was determined to have him rest, even if it was only for a little bit. With all of the excitement in one morning, she knew it would be a difficult task.

For the minute, she decided to focus on the question he asked.

"Do you think that's a bad idea? I don't mind letting our friends and family know before the public. It would be best to do that, I think.." Embry placed her hand on her abdomen absentmindedly.

"I
'm honestly afraid it'll somehow leak out anyway."

j a c e
Jace knew that it was a completely understandable fear, to be worried about the pregnancy being leaked to the public. It could easily happen if they weren't careful with who they told and how they told them.

"I think that it's your choice," Jace said. "You're the one carrying the baby so you get to decide when and how you tell the public. But until then, I think it's best we just tell the people we need to tell."

Their families, their band members. Then, Jace realised something.

He chuckled. "We haven't even met each other's parents," he told her with a shake of his head as he handed her a glass of chocolate milk.

E M B R Y
"You're right." It had completely flew past her mind. The introduction of her parents.

She had been more focused on other matters, and obviously Jace too. And she always thought it would happen before anything big would happen, especially before she was expecting a child. It would certainly be an interesting dinner top conversation.

She took her glass of chocolate milk and sipped on it thoughtfully with a little smile."Both of our old folks live in New York. But considering everything else, it would be best to tell them separately."

"I also think your parents would be cooler than mine about it all in the beginning."
Embry sighed quietly and drank more of her deliciously flavored milk.

j a c e
Jace was pretty sure that Embry's parents would hate him anyway, and they certainly would not be happy when they learned that he had knocked their daughter up. But they deserved to know that they had a grandchild on the way.

"If you like," he said, "we can head up to New York for a night the day after your birthday." It was the fourth of November so they had two days until the party Jace had planned, then three more until the ninth, when they left for the tour.

"We can see everyone and tell them before we go to Europe."

E M B R Y
"I would like that."Embry agreed easily to his plans. It fit their schedule perfectly. And she wouldn't make him rearrange anything else for this.

She stood up from her seat and wrapped her arms around Jace securely, laying her head against his chest. "I'll make them like you. They'll have to, and I want them to."

Of course introducing him at that particular time because she was pregnant would not help her case. Still, it would be better than to wait any longer. And if - when - they would get upset, it wouldn't last too long. They would have to get over it. "And I'm sure we'll have my fox of a little sister on our side. So, you're parents have to like me too. Then we'll be all set." Part of this she said a loud to comfort herself as well.

j a c e
Jace knew that Embry's parents were classical virtuosos and he doubted they would like their daughter being with a tall, tattooed rock star who stripped on stage.

But ... he had given them a grandchild, and Embry loved him. That had to count for something. Right?

"My parents will adore you," he promised her, kissing her on the top of the head with a sigh of content. "I adore you, so they have to as well. I'll get my sisters down to New York so we can break the news to all of them at once."

((skip to Embry's birthday?))

E M B R Y
"Good." Embry snuggled closer into his chest and sighed quietly.

It was reassuring to hear on his part at least. She could live if the Lesecki family liked her anyway. It would be comforting to have full support on both sides. But beggars couldn't be choosers.

"Oh, and Hilary won't be bringing her boyfriend, what's his name, Chad? The model you and Bianca don't like." She asked, just to be sure.

Embry didn't know him. And she didn't know if his sister was close enough with him that she'd share and involve him within family manners and more.

(( Yes!))

j a c e
The sixth of November rolled around. Jace had invited his siblings down to New York the next day, their trips fully paid by him, of course. Not that he minded. It was a special occasion. And, to make things better, Hillary had broken up with her Stupid Boyfriend Chad. Jace had nearly thrown the party early.

But, no, today was the day of the party and Jace was currently driving Embry to the location. She had a blindfold on because it was a surprise, and he was excited.

"Okay, there's a step here," he told Embry as he helped her up the stairs of the establishment. Once she was inside, and ready, he took off her blindfold.

They were standing in an ice hockey rink and their friends -- each member of Beautiful Pain and Insanity Not Sound, as well as Jace's sisters -- were skating around on the ice and laughing, actually liking each other for once. On the large sign on which the score would normally be displayed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMBRY was written in large glowing letters. To Embry's right was a table of sweets and other party snacks.

Jace kissed her on the neck and handed her a pair of skates. "Happy birthday, princess."

E M B R Y
Embry had been grinning the whole time during her blinded time, but when the veil was lifted and her gaze was fixed upon all in front of her she was beaming. Every part her was feeling euphoria. She had never been so happy in her life before. Nor did she think it possible to feel this happy.

She laughed merrily, unable to emit her elation any other way in that moment. Embry covered her mouth to stop herselffrom laughing so much, but to no avail, but she didn't care. She didn't care about anything but all the was surrounding her.

It had only just started, and already she knew it was her best birthday yet. Something she would remember forever. "Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!" She hopped on her toes, wrapped an arm around his neck and kissed him.

He deserved more than than one kiss in her eyes, but she pulled back to put her skats on and laced them tightly so she wouldn't have any accidents like last time.