Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e

Jace watched her as she got out of bed and put a shirt on, simply because she was absolutely beautiful and he adored every single inch of her perfect body. He seriously didn't understand what he had done to deserve such a perfect girlfriend who loved him just as much as he loved her.

Jace quickly showered and put on a ripped black T-shirt and grey skinny jeans, as well as some black high tops. He changed his piercings and walked out to the kitchen to meet Embry.

"We have an hour until we have to be there so I thought we'd get breakfast on the way," he suggested softly, taking her hand and spinning his car keys around on his finger.

E M B R Y
Embry had been standing at the kitchen sink, freshened and dressed up, in her dark front shredded jeans, casual white tank top and denim jacket, after using the other bathroom. And she had just overcame her moment of weakness, or to be more precise, queasiness, upon Jace's arrival. She smiled at him and took a step away from the faucet.

"Okay, but I'm not really hungry. So, I won't need much or any at all."
Replied Embry, intertwining their fingers and slightly rocking their hands back and forth.

Frankly, she had absolutely no appetite despite not having a real dinner meal last night. The only reason she agreed to eat anything was so that Jace could get a proper meal and she could to do her best when recording.

"What are you in the mood for?"

j a c e

Jace quirked an eyebrow but didn't think much of her statement. Sometimes people just weren't hungry. He, on the other hand, was starving.

"To be honest, I really want some hash browns from McDonald's," he admitted. Jace reached into the fridge and pulled out two bottles of fancy pear and vanilla smoothie, which he absolutely adored. He handed one to Embry and took her hand.

Leading her down to the car, Jace helped her in and then began to drive. He pulled into the first McDonald's he saw, ordered four hash browns and a Coke for himself because dieting was stupid and then whatever Embry wanted.

"Oh, shit, I forgot. The record label booked us a photoshoot for the cover art tomorrow. We don't have to be in it. Did you have any ideas? And for the title? We kinda need a title."

E M B R Y
Embry ate a small spoon or two of her fruit and yogurt parfait, leaving it mostly untouched. She mentally told herself she'd eat the rest later, along with her barely quater drunk smoothie from earlier. It word have to suffice for now.

She was pleased to focus on something else besides food, yet alone it having to do with their song.

"Well..."
Embry paused, thinking carefully about the title mainly. "Why not self-title it? Take Me to Church." She suggested, leaning back in her seat, pulling the back down slightly.

"For the cover art. I'd need to sit on that one a little longer." A soft sigh escaped her mouth.

j a c e

"Take Me To Church,"
he said, tasting the title in his mouth as he drove. "I like it a lot, even though a church is the absolute last place I'd like to be taken to."

Jace hummed the tune of their song as he navigated the busy LA traffic with his Ferrari.

"For the cover art, I had an image," he told her after swallowing a mouthful of hash brown. "So there's a guy in black and a girl in white and they're in the forest. He's on his knees like he's proposing but she's kinda floating and holding his face. Like he's worshipping her."

E M B R Y
Embry closed her eyes briefly, trying to picture exactly what he described for the cover. "Why the hell did you ask me then? That sounds entirely captivating."

She reopened her eyes with a small, but dazzling smile. "I want to physically see it now. I know it'll gorgeous and of course, it compliments our song all too well."

It was lovely, and everything was coming together smoothly and beautifully.

j a c e

"I wanted to see if you'd thought of anything better," Jace told her as he pulled into the parking lot of the studio.

"I don't think we should be in it, though, I want younger people," he told her as he got out. Not that either of them were old. He just thought it would look better with teenagers.

They were directed to a small recording booth in which a piano stood and a producer sat in the chair behind the soundboard. Jace and Embry did their warm ups and they were instructed to begin.

E M B R Y
They didn't have many takes, if any at all. But it did feel like they'd been there for hours, surrounded by the music coming from the piano each time Jace pressed a key and their voices, singing line by line beautifully, profoundly. The entire performance was full of power and passion, enough so that Embry found it easy to get lost in the song.

When they were done, having succeeded in recording their best, she slickly excused herself to the restroom, having felt another wave of nausea as soon as she stood, making her stagger back a step.

She was only grateful it didn't happen before were finished. So, she rinsed her mouth out and refused to puke the little food she ate earlier.

Now, she had the urge for tea, ginger tea. A remedy that her mother made to help her when she was sick. And how she hoped she wasn't coming down with a flu or anything of the sort.

Upon returning, she attached herself to his side, laying her head against his shoulder. "Can we stop at Dunkin' Donuts? I want some of their hot tea."

j a c e

Jace felt so good about their song that he was bouncing on the balls of his feet when Embry came back. He couldn't stop grinning. He couldn't stop feeling wonderful.

"Of course," he said at once, leaning over to kiss Embry on the forehead and leading her out of the studio after they had signed some paperwork and agreed on the cover art.

Twenty minutes later they had left Dunkin' Donuts and were on their way back to Jace's house.

"I have literally never felt better about a song," he admitted to his girlfriend as he munched on a chocolate donut.

E M B R Y
Embry drunk a small sip of her hot ginger lemon tea, careful not to burn her tongue. It was satisfying, she was almost as satisfied with it as she was with their song. No, she was felling beyond satisfied with that. Ecstatic would be the correct word to use.

"I genuinely feel the same. It's totally unlike anything either of us have ever wrote. It'd definitely unique."
She sighed happily, drinking another sip.

There was no doubt in her heart that it would do extraordinary. And even if it didn't, which was a super slim chance, she wouldn't care. The song would always be special to them.

j a c e

Jace finished his donut and reached over to grip Embry's thigh and squeeze it gently. He was so happy with their song and happy with her.

"I love you," he informed her conversationally. "Very much."

He gave her a smile as he pulled up at his house.

((Should we skip to Saturday when they release the song and thy learn of the pregnancy?))

E M B R Y
"I'm happy to hear that." Embry unbuckled her seatbelt to keep it from restraining and choking her when she leaned over and up to kiss his cheek. And when she moved back into her seat and on her bottom again, she returned his smile lovingly.

"I love you too." She took his hand and interlocked their fingers.

Forgetting the illness she felt earlier was easy when around Jace. And at the moment, she never felt better.

However, the next few days to pass, left her feeling horrible, and it only got worst with each day. She felt sick and unpleasant. And not just because of her nausea and vomiting or fatigue or soreness of her breast or even her mood swings.

Embry had felt off and it didn't, not even once occur to her why. She only considered the possibility much later. And she had that idea on Saturday, of all days, when she woke up early on the morning to basically vomit her insides.

As much as it terrified her, it made too much sense. So, she quietly went out to buy a box of the little test sticks. Telling anyone else right away, Jace too, would be silly. She didn't want to give any false alarms.

Her nerves were already unnerved as she paced the bathroom floor with tightly crossed arms, gnawing on the inside of her cheek, and wearing her pajamas, waiting the required ten minutes for the results to show on her pregnancy test stick.

((Yes. And done))

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace hadn't really noticed Embry's symptoms because he had been quite busy organising both the release of their song and the Beautiful Pain tour, which they would be embarking on on the thirteenth of November, a week after a Embry's birthday.

It was the fourth now, and he had also been planning Embry's party.

He walked into the bathroom to see Embry pacing and kissed her on the top of the head, not noticing anything off at first. "Morning," he yawned, clearly very tired.

He went to the sink to wash his face, and noticed the small box of pregnancy tests.

Silence.

"Embry," he said very quietly, "a box of pregnancy tests has seemed to have appeared on your bathroom counter."

E M B R Y
Shit!

Embry bit the inside of her bottom lip deeply. She knew she should have waited until she was completely alone, but she had just been so anxious and wanted it out of the way.

And with everything going on, with all the work he had been doing, she did not want add another thing to his plate.

"It's nothing." Embry answered hesitantly, swiping the box from the counter and thinking of what to say as she went on. "I'm expecting a negative. I believe it's a false alarm."

She smiled reassuringly and looked past him to the other end of the sink counter, where her used stick laid. It should be done.

Last edited:
j a c e

Jace stared blankly at the space where the box had been. The fact that there was even a possibility that Embry could be pregnant was so bewildering to him. He ... he could be a father?

He followed her gaze to the stick on the counter and bit his lip as he peered over and looked at it.

Two little blue lines.

Jace bit his lip and looked down at Embry. "Allegedly, you're pregnant," he informed her in a matter-of-fact tone, simply because he didn't know what to do or how to process this interesting piece of information.

E M B R Y
Embry moved past him to see for herself and almost fell back when seeing what he said to be true.

She started immediately. "It could be broken or expired." Of course, she had chosen the newest box of the best and most trustworthy brand.

"These things don't always work correctly. So - so - so, it could still be a false alarm."

Embry put her fingers through her hair, trying hard not to freak out and burst into tears. Truth be told, she was failing miserably, because she knew it was true. It made too much sense at this point.

j a c e
Jace stood, frozen for a moment, as he processed what this meant. He knew in his heart that it was true. She was pregnant. With his child.

Jace was going to be a father.

"Embry," he said softly, turning around to pull Embry closer to him and cradle her face in his hands. "Embry, listen to me, please. Listen to me."

Jace had a lot of emotions rolling around in his stomach and he couldn't tell if he wanted to celebrate or throw up. He was nervous for many things, he was scared for Embry and he was afraid he wouldn't be a good father. But most of all, he was ...

"I'm happy," he said in a voice barely above a whisper with a smile on his stunning face. "I'm happy. We're going to have a baby, Embry. I'm going to be a dad."

His voice hitched on the last word but he continued.

"I know you're probably terrified for this and I can understand why. I am, too. But I promise, I am going to do everything I can to make sure you and this baby are completely and utterly happy. I love you."

He squatted down and kissed her on the stomach, just below her belly button.

"I love the both of you."

E M B R Y
"Jace."Embry choked.

He was happy? He was, Jace was genuinely happy to know she was carrying his child. Sure, there were obviously other emotions mixed in there, but because he responded this way, it left her in tears and relief.

They were going to have a baby?

It was unplanned and the only three feelings she could identify in herself at that moment was fear, nervousness and excitement. It was overwhelming.

She began to cry, because he was happy and he loved her and their unborn child.

"This changes so much. And I am terrified and excited. But I - I love you and our baby."

Their baby whom she had yet to meet.

"What do we do now?" She asked with her cracked and shaking voice as she sniffled.

j a c e
Jace, with tears rushing down his tired face, stood up and sat down on the edge of the bath and pulled Embry into his lap, holding her to his chest. He absently slipped a hand just up her shirt and rubbed soothing circles into her stomach as he leaned his head against her shoulder.

"Well, we need to get you to a doctor as soon as possible," he murmured, though he was mostly making a checklist for himself. "See how far along you are, find a due date, ultrasounds. I'm going to get you all the prenatal vitamins you need, everything you want ..."

He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. "The tour. It lasts five months, Embry, can you go on tour?"

E M B R Y
Embry wrapped an arm around Jace, more for his comfort than her own. He was tired, and she could tell. And the last thing she wanted was for him to be stressed out too.

"I can do it, the traveling part anyway. I just, I don't think I can perform." She tightened her arms around him, burying her face into his chest.

And they had planned everything out so well. All of the guys had agreed to go after Jasper's apology. And then she'd have to tell them soon, yet alone her own family. The same was for Jace.

It was all happening so fast it felt like.

"That would be the only downfall."