Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
j a c e
"I'm only worried about being thirty because once I hit that number, I can't justifiably be a stripper anymore." He pouted as though aging would actually stop him from provocatively taking off his shirt at concerts. "Oh, and everyone knows that white guys don't age well."

He squeezed her hand and took a sip of his Coke.

"I'll also probably going to have to stop getting tattoos. Not because I'll be too old but because I won't have any clean skin left."

E M B R Y
"You are making it sound so much worse than it is." Embry laughed with a shake of her head.

"Why not take some tips from your senior in Scientology Tom Cruise? He looks pretty damn good for fifty-four. I would add George Clooney to the list, but he was just born age well. I mean, even the way he talks is attractive."

She dug into her chicken curry she had ordered with the fork in her hand. "You're thinking too far ahead."

j a c e
"Tom Cruise is fifty-four?" Jace repeated blankly. "Shit. Maybe I have some hope. I'll have to sacrifice a couple more lambs to my overlord so he will share with me his secrets.

Jace chewed thoughtfully. "Or Johnny Depp. Johnny Depp looks pretty good for his age. Not Leonardo DiCaprio, though, he's aged awfully. Don't tell him I said that. Ooh, do you think Jennifer Lopez would tell me her secrets?"

E M B R Y
"Hell, I don't see why not. And if not there's plenty of others.You have nothing to worry about." Embry promised him.

"And though it is sad to say, I agree with you on Leo. But his acting never fails, so he's just fine. And we shouldn't even delve into Johnny Depp, you should already know how I feel about him."

j a c e
"Ah, yes, I know very well how you feel about Mr Depp," said Jace with a solemn nod. "I shall refrain from further mentioning him in conversation. I don't need that dent on my self esteem."

When they had finished, the waitress came around to collect their plates and they ordered dessert, and Jace topped up his drink.

He reached across the table and took Embry's hand.

"So what do I say about the song?" he asked. "I was thinking of being my troll self and releasing it without letting anyone know beforehand and shocking the world, but it's up to you."

E M B R Y
"Wouldn't that make the affect so much greater?"

Embry curled her slender fingers around his hand securely.

"I prefer we keep the production quiet." She easily complied with his previous statement.

Besides his desire to release it to the public without warning, it would certainly keep the others out of their hair about it. At least until they were more than half way through with it anyway. It would be a plus to see the shock on their unsuspecting faces too.

j a c e
Jace nodded. He had wanted to keep the song secret, anyway, because it was just theirs for now. Something to share with Embry that the public couldn't see.

Eventually it came time for Jace to leave to go on Tyler Crowley. He dropped Embry off at her house, walking her to the front door before leaning down and kissing her tenderly on her lips.

"Make sure to watch me live," he murmured with a small smile.​

E M B R Y
"Planning on it."

He didn't have to tell her twice, or at all. Embry would have wayched him on air regardless.

Embry returned his smile softly and slowly, obviously it was procrastination, let go of his hand. She the placed it on the doorknob, wrapping her fingers around that instead. Otherwise, she probably wouldn't let him go.

"Alright. You have to go now before I kidnap you any longer."She pouted, pushing him away with her free hand and no real effort.

Last edited:
j a c e
It took a tremendous amount of effort, but eventually Jace managed to drag himself away from Embry enough to leave and drive to the studio where the show would be filmed. There, he was taken to his dressing room, shoved into a shower and given a quick haircut, after asking for it. Then, his stylist applied some light makeup and gave him a pair of black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt to be worn under a thin leather jacket.

Jace was ushered backstage and when the show started, Tyler introduced him after his short welcome speech. "And, please welcome, Jace Lesecki of Beautiful Pain!"

Jace smiled and walked out, shaking Tyler's hand before sitting on the couch.

"Well, Jace, we have lots to discuss tonight but first, let's welcome our other guest, one you know quite well. She's a beautiful, sexy supermodel and actress from Sweden. Please welcome ... Alexa Colt!"

A L E X A
Alexa walked out, wearing a reddish orange cocktail dress that hugged her body perfectly, full of gusto, grinning and waving to the cheering, applauding audience. And loving every bit of it. It was half of what she worked for. The praise.

She greeted Tyler with a hug and a kiss to both cheeks before moving onto Jace and greeting him very much the same without an ounce of hesitation or uncertainty.

No, couldn't imagine what he was thinking. She refused to leave her dressing room until it was time to start the show, and so she did not meet and talk with him before. He loved giving surprises, she decided to give him one of her own.

Alexa smiled pleasantly and took her spot on the loveseat.

j a c e
Jace didn't know who he had been expecting, but it certainly hadn't been his ex-girlfriend. He applauded her alongside everyone else when she walked out into the studio. She looked fabulous, like always, and despite how shocked he was to see her, he hugged her back and returned her kiss to the cheek.

Once Alexa was seated on the small couch, the applause died down, Tyler smiled at his two guests rather broadly and settled back into his seat.

"Well, well, well. Here we have Jalexa reunited."

The audience applauded again and Jace bashfully ran a hand through his shorn hair.

"So, Alexa, tell us about your new movie."

A L E X A
Alexa smirked slightly at the mention of 'Jalexa' and Jace's reaction, but went on to talk about her movie. "I would love to do nothing more. It's the classic tale of Cinderella retold."

"One of my more innocent roles for sure."
She chuckled softly and crossed her long legs. Her eyes were superiorly focused on the host, but they wandered to her ex at least twice.

"Whether you are big on fairy tales or Disney."
She empathized, though she didn't look his way her lips quirked a bit. "Or neither."She finished.

"It's fantastic. Everyone should see it. You will too, right Jace?" Alexa tilted her head to the side as she picked up her mug of water from the table.

j a c e
Jace listened to Alexa attentively as she spoke about her film. He raised one eyebrow at her emphasis on the word Disney but said nothing, as he knew she was just messing with him. She had done that a lot during their relationship.

"Oh, I'll definitely be seeing it. If you want a rave review from me you'll invite me to the premiere," Jace joked, to the laughter of Tyler and the audience.

"Very good," said a happy Tyler, before turning to Jace. "So, Jace, your new album, Death of a Bachelor, has hit number one."

"Yes," said Jace, smiling proudly.

"Alexa, have you heard the album? What's your favourite song?"

A L E X A
"Hallelujah." Alexa snapped her fingers before answering with the hit single. "That was the hardest question you asked me yet."

"Definitely Hallelujah. I feel like I can relate to it a little or a lot."
She touched Jace's arm gingerly, her eyes just barely showing moderate contrite.She then moved her hand to is shoulder more comfortably.

"Also, it's the number one song stuck in my head. So, that's not going away anytime soon. Thankyouverymuch." She grinned.

Last edited:
j a c e
Jace found it a bit funny that Alexa's favourite song was Hallelujah, considering it was about her. About cheaters. He raised an eyebrow but nodded at her.

"I thought you'd like it," he said with the smallest of smirks before turning back to the host.

"Now, Jace, lets talk about what everyone wants to know. Your relationship with Embry from Insanity Not Sound. Please, tell us."

Jace smiled to himself before looking up and addressing Tyler. "She's my girlfriend. I love her."

The audience clapped and so did Tyler. "But that must be difficult," he said. "Considering the history between your bands."

"Yes, well, it is, but when you feel that strongly about someone, you work through all your other issues."

"How admirable. Alexa, what about you? Any special guys in your life?"

Last edited by a moderator:
A L E X A
"I haven't had nearly enough spare time to even think about relationships until recently." Alexa whirled a finger in the air lazily, but gracefully.

"Not all of us are very fast in that department."
She gave Jace a pointed look, but smiled right after to let them all know she was joking. Or appeared to be anyway. The audience laughed anyhow.

"Thanks Tyler for inviting my on tonight with my ex who now has a girlfriend while I'm still single. I really appreciate it. Not jealous at all." She mocked casually, tossing her hair over her shoulder and leaned back in her seat, receiving another laugh from the crowd.​

j a c e
Jace laughed along with the audience, but he secretly felt that Alexa was going to try something. She always did. There was no way she would let him be happy with Embry -- she hadn't even let him be happy for just under a half of their relationship.

"You're very welcome, Alexa," said Tyler, clearly happy with how his show was turning out in that moment. "Alright, guys, we're going to take a little break. See you in a few."

They went off air and Jace turned to Alexa on the loveseat, looking at her with a small smile.

"So, how've you been?"

A L E X A
"As well as I can be." Alexa replied coolly and folded her arms underneath her chest. She gently tapped her fingers against her arms rhythmically and smirked. Though none of her inner intentions showed. She wouldn't be a very good actress if they did.

"I'd ask you the same, but I do think it is obvious. Embry Ashford? Getting frisky with the enemy, are we?" She leaned over, touching shoulders with him.

"Jasper must be pissed. Even I'm a bit offended. You could have got a better rebound, don't you think?"

Last edited:
j a c e
The smile on Jace's face slid off like sand down a wall, and it turned into a scowl. How dare she? How dare Alexa, who had cheated on him who knew how many times, insinuate that she was better than Embry?

Embry, who had done nothing but love Jace? Who was just as much of a victim here as he was? Who was being slut-shamed and bashed by the fans that were supposed to care about him?

Jace leaned in to Alexa, looking up at her through his thick, dark lashes. He crossed his arms over his chest to match her body language.

"Embry's not a rebound, and even if she was, anything's better than the slut who cheated on me, so stop acting like your shit doesn't stink."

He leaned back and stared at the ceiling as he couldn't meet her eyes again without feeling sick to his stomach.​

A L E X A
Alexa scoffed from her seat on the sofa and restrained making and sending any unpleasant faces his way. It didn't mean she was going to leave it at that. No, she never would. Insults, no matter how true, wasn't something she took likely to. Not to mention Jace and his new happy relationship. It annoyed her beyond belief.

"Embry Ashford...Huh?" She pronounced slowly, tapping her chin lightly, as if she was tasting the name in her mouth for the first time.

She snorted. "Sure, Jace, we'll see about that, won't we."