Battle of the Bands (MaryGold x lxngdon)

j a c e
Jace kicked the door closed behind him with his foot and scowled at the wall behind him. He had never wanted to hit anyone more. Embry's so called friends had done this to her, left her in this state, just because of a petty feud.

But he couldn't hit them like he wanted to. The press would have a field day and it would just feed to the fire that was Jasper and Orion's feud. And Isaac's obvious crush on Embry.

"Let me talk to them," he said softly to Embry, leaning down to look at her and wipe the tears away from her cheeks. "I'll try and convince them that I'm not Satan. Or at least they'll abuse me and leave you alone."

E M B R Y
"I don't want them to abuse you. You don't deserve that." Embry breathed in slowly and sniffled.

She closed her eyes temporarily to ponder it through her muck of a mind."I don't know, maybe you should.So, that we have some ground to stand on." But it was clear to see she was unsure about it. She genuinely didn't want them to treat Jace like dirt, they were her friends.

"But then I doubt they'd bother to listen, at least Orion and Isaac anyway..." Which was ironic, considering they were usually the reasonable ones.

j a c e

Jace didn't care what Orion and Isaac said to him. With the kind of music videos he made, he needed to have thick skin, and he wouldn't allow the words of a couple of petty assholes to affect him.

"So we appeal to Eadlyn," he suggested. "He's nice, right? If we can get him on your side, then Orion and Isaac won't have as much leadway."

He pulled back to look at Embry. She was beautiful even when she cried. But he hated to see her like this.

E M B R Y
Embry wiped away any remaining tears from her face and nodded her head softly. "Let's do that." She agreed without hesitation and reached for his hand.

"I'm sorry you dragged yourself out here this morning to comfort me. But I am so glad you did. No one has ever done anything like that for me."

j a c e

Jace shook off her gratitude and reached down, picking her up so her legs hooked around his waist. He held her up and looked at her intently.

"I would do it again in a heartbeat," he told her, and he meant it. "I love you. Anything to make you feel better."

He kissed her intently and set her down.

E M B R Y
What on earth, the universe or mere existence had she done to deserve him and his love. Certainly, nothing good enough, but he was without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to her.And she couldn't ask for anything or anyone for note or better.

"I love you too." She said profoundly against his lips before she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

j a c e

Jace kissed her back. How couldn't he? He held onto her waist with one hand while the other rubbed her back soothingly. He hated seeing her upset.

He pulled away only for air and leaned his forehead against hers. "We shouldn't get too carried away," he murmured to her. "We have shit to do today."

They needed to speak to Eadlyn. Jace had an interview. It was a busy day.

E M B R Y
"Yeah, you're right." Embry pulled her arms back and down to her side. "I'll call or text Eady so we can sort this out."

She smiled softly, trying to lift her spirits some, and tucked back a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Here..." She said, taking his hand and leading him to sit at the kitchen bar. She instead went to put on a pot of tea on the stove. Tea meals...a habit she couldn't shake from her parents.

She pulled her phone from the pocket of her dress and did just as she said she would. Text Eadlyn. "He'll be here soon. He knows he owes me an apology."

j a c e

Jace sipped his tea as he quickly checked his social media. Surprisingly, his fans were defending him. They were fighting back against the Insanity Not Sound fans that were attacking him for 'defiling' Embry.

That warmed his heart. He had the approval of those who meant the world to him.

"I have to leave at four," he told Embry softly. "I'm going on Tyler Crowley tonight."

Tyler Crowley was a show like Jimmy Fallon and Jace was a regular guest.

E M B R Y
"Oh, shan't keep you long then." Embry said with a small nod of her head.

She could imagine his schedule was getting busy, his band had just won the Tilbury. And to add to it all, they had just gone public with their relationship. Even she had been asked to do an interview for a magazine, obviously not just because she had been runner up for the award.

Her attention snapped away and to the door when it swung open and shut behind the lead guitarist of their band, Eadlyn.

"God damnit, Eadlyn. Knock before entering you asshole." She scowled at him.

"I have a key. Why would I knock?" He replied before his eyes found Jace on the stool next to her. "Oh. I suppose I should from now on..."

He looked unsure, but Embry beckoned him over and poured another cup of tea.

j a c e

Jace smiled at Eadlyn politely before taking another sip of his tea. He was scared of messing up. If Eadlyn didn't side with him and Embry ... Jace didn't want to think about it.

"Hey, Eadlyn," he said, putting his cup on the bench and running his now free hand through his shaggy black hair. He needed a haircut.

E M B R Y
"Hey..." Eadlyn responded, stirring his tea. "So, I'm sure you didn't invite me over for a cup of tea. What do you guys want?"

Embry pinched her lips and sighed. "Straight to the point, eh? The thing is...Can you, I don't know, not be against us?" She chewed the corner if her bottom lip anxiously. It was hard for her to say exactly what she wanted without losing any tact. "He's the most wonderful person. And I love him."

"I see." He sipped on his tea and looked at Jace. "Frankly, I don't really hate you. I'm just not certain about you. How do I know you won't hurt her? Can you even handle her?"

"And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

He brushed off her interjection and continued. "She gets jealous easily, she doesn't like burdening others so she hides her feelings a lot, she's kind of clingy, has a chocolate obsession, and her most favorite thing in the world is Winnie the Pooh. She's unique."

Embry blushed vividly, but bit her tongue.

j a c e

Jace grinned at the Winnie the Pooh part but nodded seriously at the same time. He knew Embry had problems. He had problems. Everyone had problems.

But only a fool would let such a beautiful, intelligent, caring girl go because of a few problems.

"The question isn't whether I can handle her, it's whether she can handle me." Jace rubbed Embry's knee and smiled. "If she can handle everyone calling her a Satanist by association then I will do absolutely anything to keep her."

He looked at Embry intently. "I love her." He looked back at Eadlyn. "I don't care about the others' approval. But it would help her if they did approve."

E M B R Y
Embry smiled tenderly and took Jace's hand in her.

"Orion is still pissed off about the whole Jasper thing and so is Isaac, but he's just mainly envious. I haven't a clue when or if they'll approve. But, for now on, I'll keep them off your back. Sorry, about earlier..."

"You were a complete ass. But I do forgive you." It was hard for her not to forgive him, he was her best friend since before the start of the band and the brother she never had.

He sighed, looking more than relieved and standing up from his seat."Cool, well, I'm pretty sure if I said no, it wouldn't matter, so I give my approval at least."

"Thanks, Eadlyn."

"Don't get me wrong, though, I'll still kill you if you break her heart and or if you make her cry."

j a c e

Jace breathed a sigh of relief. Eadlyn was on their side. One step closer to relative peace between the bands.

"Thank you," he said to the other man softly. "And I wouldn't dare to hurt her. She'd kill me before you'd even get the chance."

E M B R Y
"That's a good point. If she ever abuses you, just let me know. I'm a regular victim of her."As response she punched her band mate's shoulder before he could walk away and out of her reach.

"I would never hurt you either, not even physically. You're my only exception."Embry pecked Jace's cheek, ignoring Eadlyn's groan of pain.

"Ugh, this is my cue to leave."
He rolled his eyes and made his way to the front door. "This was interesting, next time we should all go out for drinks. Stronger drinks."
He flashed a grin before exiting.

"And just so you know, half of the stuff he said was exaggeration."

j a c e

"I like him," said Jace happily as Eadlyn left. He sipped on his tea and smirked at her mischievously. "I might break up with you and date him."

He pecked her on the lips to let her know he was kidding and stood up, placing his cup in the sink and washing it quickly.

"I'm glad we have at least one person on our side."

E M B R Y
"Yeah, one is better than no one." Embry mused, it was certainly a little more stress relieving. She wouldn't have worry too much about being berated anymore. And that was exceedingly pleasing to know.

She came up behind him, wrapping her arms around him and giving him a hug from behind. "And what do the others think? You know, besides Jasper." She laid her head against his shoulder.

j a c e

Jace turned around in her arms and held her closely to him, running his hand over her silky curtain of blonde hair.

"Ashley's been defending me on Twitter," said Jace quietly. "Cass is too stoned to care about anything. Evan is the only one who would side with Jasper, but he'd only care if Cass runs out of weed."

So Jasper was their only real opposition.

E M B R Y
"Good." Embry sighed lightly, more than happy to hear that. So, what, just Jasper, Isaac, Orion and a bunch of their fans? No problem... More importantly, it meant that he didn't have as much bullshit to deal with on his end.

"I should be the one defending you, though." She pursed her lips. For the most part, she avoided placing any real comments not wanting to make things any worse. Still, he was her Jace. Her funny, sweet, reliable and affectionate Jace. It was ridiculous that anyone would mistake him for anything else.

"I think they've got the word defiled mixed up with the word spoiled." She loved her fans dearly, but they couldn't just bombard her beloved with such accusations or anything hateful at all.