• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Axiom: A Sci-Fi Pathfinder RP OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we start to think to think of ways our character know each other?
We certainly may. If nothing else I'm thinking we're all sort of put into the same squad by Zion, though our characters can certainly know each other from before then if you like.

Say, @R-9 Pilot, would it be alright our characters knew each other before we came to this planet?

It would be worth some time to group character generation and all that, so the characters are slightly more cohesive than complete strangers.

That in mind, I'm cool if our characters know each other, @Protagonist. Anything in particular you had in mind for how? The Empyreal Guardians are really just a martial tradition from the Path of War that act as paladin-like (and grant access to Silver Crane maneuvers, which I'm using). But, they do seem like the sort of organization that would fit right into things. And possibly be friendly enough with the local good-aligned churches and inquisitions thereof.

It would be worth some time to group character generation and all that, so the characters are slightly more cohesive than complete strangers.

That in mind, I'm cool if our characters know each other, @Protagonist. Anything in particular you had in mind for how? The Empyreal Guardians are really just a martial tradition from the Path of War that act as paladin-like (and grant access to Silver Crane maneuvers, which I'm using). But, they do seem like the sort of organization that would fit right into things. And possibly be friendly enough with the local good-aligned churches and inquisitions thereof.
I'm thinking perhaps they go to the same church or something.

I suppose that could work, if you'd rather a more friendly relationship than a professional one. There are also the questions of how well they know each other, and for how long.

I am curious, are there any major aspects of android culture, as it were? Do they refer to themselves with any specific terms (Lilim, etc.) and consider things like being called 'droids or dolls or whatever to be slurs?

It would seem to me that unless an Android was programmed to simulate emotion they wouldn't have an opinion either way as to what they were referred to as

I am curious, are there any major aspects of android culture, as it were? Do they refer to themselves with any specific terms (Lilim, etc.) and consider things like being called 'droids or dolls or whatever to be slurs?
For an excessively in-depth look:

'Droids probably wouldn't be considered a slur-of course, people calling you "Droid!" all the time could be annoying (for the same reason being refereed to primarily by your ethnicity or gender could be annoying). I can see "doll" being offensive for some of them.
I'm thinking the Enigma might refer to them as Xnatta, which means "Soulless", which would very much be a slur. How's that sound to you?
Sentient AIs are sometimes referred to as "Agilects", which is short for "Artificial General IntelLECT". There's a similar term, Anilect, for animal-like intelligence found in weaker AIs.

Anyways, as for their culture and general lifecycle: Androids are usually built with a specific purpose in mind and usually have a personality designed to enjoy that activity. In fact, one might argue android communities are eusocial and have a caste system (similar to bees, androids reproduce "externally" en mass-in the case via assembly lines). They do have their own emotions and individual thoughts, however. Androids tend to find anilects cute for the same reason humans find baby animals cute, and geometric shapes pleasing.

Opinion on androids in Zion vary a little, usually humans consider them "divine servants of the human race". This status can be a double edged sword since androids are considered holy because they serve mankind. Luckily, androids usually don't mind this too much and are even sometimes proud of this (they consider themselves more altruistic than other species). Androids also tend to consider themselves the "flesh and blood" children of Metatron.

Anything else you guys think we should discuss, or do you think we should get started?

Computers can roll dice of arbitrary, non-euclidean sides, because it's just a pseudorandom number generator call. It's...surprisingly useful, actually.

So when we gonna start? :)
Very soon. Hm, say, what with it being the holiday season, want to have our first quest be a "Christmas Special" of sorts? Where we have to save Frigustide, the Dwarven holiday resembling Christmas?

Seems rather silly, but I can't complain too much about silly. No worse than doing a beach episode.

Question: Would it be alright with everyone if I gave our party a lunar-rover type vehicle? Just something our characters ride around between destinations.

You won't hear me complaining about some sort of party base/transportation. Particularly as the only one with a means of getting around that isn't on foot, if we don't share something.

You won't hear me complaining about some sort of party base/transportation. Particularly as the only one with a means of getting around that isn't on foot, if we don't share something.
Oh, in that case, I'll do it (I was worried mostly about you, since you spent money on a bike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back