• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Do you like this idea?

• Hell yes!

• It could use some more development, but it's good overall.

• It might be good with a lot more development.

• Hell no!

Results are only viewable after voting.

noodle

Accidental Pyromaniac
Original poster
DONATING MEMBER
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. Multiple posts per week
  5. 1-3 posts per week
  6. One post per week
Online Availability
Depends on how crazy my life is at any given moment, but I'm usually online- at least for OOC purposes- at least once a day.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Medieval Fantasy, SciFi, Modern/Superhero, Dystopian
2q1ca5g.png

The Avengers are dead. The world is losing hope. HYDRA is thriving, running rampant with no one to stop them. But there are still those strong ones out there that can save the world from HYDRA's clutches. SHIELD, though weak and in hiding, is collecting superhumans yet again, and assembling a team to take down the organization.....once and for all.

They are not ready. Most need training. But they are strong willed. And the few remaining SHIELD agents are determined to get them running smoothly as a team, especially since they will be up against a powerful team within HYDRA, the Covert Division.

Let the rebellion begin.

1. All Iwaku rules apply.
    2. One post a week at least is required. If you don't post within a week, I will PM you a reminder. If you don't answer that PM or post within three days, I will kill your characters or turn them into NPCs.
    3. 12 players MAX. 10 is preferred.
    4. This RP has a set plot beforehand with multiple arcs. However, I will consider player-generated arc ideas. Just PM me!
    5. I, the GM, control all NPCs and canon characters.
    6. Character death will be a thing if they do something stupid or you want them to die. As GM, I reserve the right to kill off your characters without consent (but I most likely won't be doing that).
    7. This is an Intermediate level RP. Two paragraphs minimum, well-developed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation are a must.
    8. Try not to get into a long-term back and forth with yourself and another player. This hinders the progression of the RP. I don't mind a little bit of it, just don't clog the IC up with it. They are teams, after all. They should interact with everyone, if possible.
    9. When making a CS, make sure you don't steal anyone else's powers.
    10. Don't drop out without any warning. At least tell us!
    11. When making a CS, note that you cannot start roleplaying until I make it clear that you are accepted.
    12. This should be obvious, but I'm putting this in here anyway. No Mary-Sues, Gary-Stus, godmodding, or metagaming.
    13. I reserve the right to change rules as I see fit.
    14. Please, ask questions if you're unsure of something. I'm relatively new to GMing, so if any of you have had experience, I'd appreciate tips as well. Don't be afraid to point out if I made a mistake or if I need to add in more information!
    15. Not really a rule, but I just wanted to say that for some reason the coding on this is going wacky with me. It keeps putting commands in that I didn't type. Therefore, one of my character sheets is always getting messed up. I am working on trying to fix this (but every time I edit it out and then save it, it comes back! I'm done with this stupid thing)! ....vent over. Move on.
  • The SHIELD HQ is located in a secure facility in New York City. We will start out with all our SHIELD characters meeting and making friendships and possibly rivalries in that facility, as well as a few training sessions.

The HYDRA HQ is the previously abandoned base located in Sokovia. Like SHIELD, it will begin with the characters of the Covert Division meeting and learning how to work together (training sessions apply here as well).

Once a few training sessions have been completed and we have some friendships set in stone in both teams, I will make a GM post and initiate Arc 1.

(Note: this will be edited as the RP moves on.)

• (Note that I don't care if you add in any information that I left out. Just stick to the basic template, include the information that is asked of you, and you're good! If you want to keep anything secret from the other players, PM me with the information instead of including it in the CS.)
    Name:
    Height:
    SHIELD or HYDRA:
    Position/job:
    Basic Personality (keep in mind that I encourage character growth and changes. You don't need to stick to this personality as your character changes throughout the IC):
    Appearance (any pictures, anime, real, doesn't matter. If you don't have a picture, describe in detail):
    Powers/abilities/skills:
    Weaknesses (personality flaws do not count):
    History:
    Other:
    Theme (optional):

• SHIELD
    The Leader- Peter Earl, 22 year old sight paralyzer, owned by @Petricus Euryale
    The Brains- Rhiannon Jones, a 19 year old electricity manipulator, owned by @Jinxer
    The Hulk- Luna Adler, a 15 year old dragon shapeshifter, owned by @neobendium
    The Experiment- Pori Poring Flan, a 13 year old goo girl, owned by @Unyielding
    The Plasma Projector- Camille Jenessa Archer, an 18 year old human plasma cannon, owned by @Brea
    The Support- Claidheamh (Cleave) Souls, a 3 year old robot, owned by @Banana-senpai
    The Anomaly- Helena Vega, a 16 year old with dimensional manipulation, owned by @york
    The Interrogator- Steven Lasket Jr., a 26 year old with most of Captain America's powers, owned by @LuckycoolHawk9
    The Mind Reader- Marie Christina Mills, a 21 year old telekenisis-using mind reader, owned by @Helena Sky
    HYDRA
    The Leader- Indis Caverly, a 21 year old shadow controller, owned by @neobendium
    The Brains- Jerhico Perkins, a 19 year old with mental manipulation, owned by @york
    The Bug Assassin- Emeral Darner, a 16 year old insect ability taker, owned by @Unyielding
    The Screamer- Blake Jackson Musser, a 19 year old with a rather...strong...voice, owned by @Brea
    The Sniper- Ayo Magoro, a 39 year old with an incredible ability to shoot things at a distance, owned by @Petricus Euryale
    The Doctor- Etzli, a 20ish-appearing user of blood magic, owned by @Banana-senpai
    The Slicer- Elena Shearer, a 16 year old with a knife complex and a penchant for lying, owned by @Jinxer
    The Power Thief- Nathaniel Stone, a 20 year old with the ability to steal others' powers, owned by @LuckycoolHawk9
    The Shady One- Janessa, a teleporting chameleon girl that looks 19, owned by @Helena Sky

1. @neobendium
    2. @Petricus Euryale
    3. @Banana-senpai
    4. @Jinxer
    5. @Unyielding
    6. @Brea (ON HIATUS)
    7. @LuckycoolHawk9
    8. @york
    9. @Helena Sky

1. There are no waiting members currently.

• 24gpoj7.jpg

Female||15||SHIELD||Hulk||5'7" or 12'6"
        ||Personality||
        Luna tries to stay positive and is always looking for a way to make a pun or joke. However, she is deeply insecure, very afraid of hurting people, and ashamed of what she is. Though she loves making friends, she needs reassurance that they don't hate her and is often afraid that she might hurt them.

Contradicting this personality is her dragon side. It is sadistic, violent, and does not hesitate to kill. It feels no remorse and will even turn on teammates and friends if the human side cannot keep it under relative control. Like the real Hulk, it is triggered by strong emotion.

||Powers|Abilities|Skills||
        Luna can shift into a dragon. The dragon's skills include:
        -Flight
        -Firebreathing
        -Super Strength
        -Night Vision
        -Almost impenetrable scales
        She possesses no superhuman abilities outside of her dragon form.

||Weaknesses||
        -If her jaws are held shut, she cannot breathe fire.
        -Her wings are easily damaged, and if they are, she cannot fly.
        -Her chest and underbelly is where her vital organs are. If the scales are broken through, she will most likely die.
        -After shifting from dragon form, she is dizzy and very weak for a few minutes.
        -She is left naked and vulnerable after shifting from dragon form.
        -She is very sluggish in the cold in either form.
        -She must eat more than the average human to keep her strength up.

||History||
        Luna was raised neglected by her family in the slums of LA. Her father was an alcoholic and her mother a drug addict. Luna would often have to steal money from them to buy clothes and other necessary items for school.

She grew up with no idea what she was, but she did notice some differences from her peers. For one, she was angered much too easily. For another, she ate more than most of her peers did.

One day, as she was walking home from school at the tender age of 13, she was attacked by a group of men with undisclosed intentions. That was the first time she shifted, her dragon form reacting to her fear to protect her. After killing the men and a few innocent bystanders, it flew away from California and hid in New York before giving Luna control again.

She woke up with no idea where she was, only a vague idea of what had happened, and not understanding why she had no clothes on.

Two years later, years full of coming to terms with what she was and a daily struggle to survive, and she was approached by SHIELD. At first, she was hostile and afraid of what may happen, but the organization was firm in their proceedings and tried to convince her in the most gentle way possible to come quietly.

Eventually, she agreed, and is both nervous and excited about being part of a team. She hopes it will turn out to be like the family she never had.

||Other||
        -Luna really loves pancakes.
        -She dresses comfortably (sweats and tees, mostly) and tends to sleep a lot.

||Theme||

2. Thanks to @Soulserenity20 for putting together the character banners for me. ^.^ You're amazing!
      Thanks to @firejay1 for for putting together the advertisement. Again, you're awesome.
      And a very big thank-you to @Ali for putting together the roleplay header!!

[/

Last edited:
    If the "accepted characters" tab on the original post is correct, we have 10 characters. I'd be interested in pairing Camille up with Peter @Petricus Euryale , or if not then with Isabella @JustasticFantastic™ .
    That sounds good to me ! She certainly has a lot to learn about their new job and training her to use the plasma bolts would be awesome xD I have so many ideas on how to use her powers more effectively if she is willing to learn (and you are willing to hear them?)

That sounds good to me ! She certainly has a lot to learn about their new job and training her to use the plasma bolts would be awesome xD I have so many ideas on how to use her powers more effectively if she is willing to learn (and you are willing to hear them?)
    Camille's all about self improvement, so I'm sure she'd be more than happy to learn whatever he had to teach her. And I'm always open to new ideas as well! This'll be loads of fun, I'm sure.

Camille's all about self improvement, so I'm sure she'd be more than happy to learn whatever he had to teach her. And I'm always open to new ideas as well! This'll be loads of fun, I'm sure.
    Would you mind considering a few ideas for how her powers could develop? Or rather how she could learn to use what she already has?

Such as the plasma bolts being able t puncture flesh. But her not being able to kill with a single bolt. If she learnt to control her powers and aim her bolts then she could go for major organs or even arteries. Obviously instantly killing another player is problematic for other players but attempting to puncture a lung is certainly plausible.

And is she able to hold her plasma bolts in her hand to use in melee combat?

And is she invulnerable to her own bolts? Since the plasma bolts explode either on contact or after a set distance (35 meters?) then would she be able to use the explosions to propel her body around?

I downloaded Black Desert Online so I got distracted, but I will post by tomorrow before I go back into work. Sorry for this, I am usually better with getting up posts. Just with work, school and now the holidays and other real life issues just been distracted and not motivated to post in certain rps, but I will post soon in here.

I know that Rhiannon and Luna established that they'd like to stick together.
    I think that'd make the most sense.

Also a micro-Biologist with the ability to inflict minor shocks on someone and a Hulk character. What could go wrong?

_commission__half_body_for_xhelena_skyx_by_yuiccia-d9xfvll.png

Name: Marie Christina Mills "Midnight"
    Height: 5' 7''
    SHIELD or HYDRA: SHIELD
    Position/job: New Recruit
    Basic Personality: Marie is kind of an oddball. She has Multiple Personality Disorder and is constantly changing. Her main personality is shy and quiet. She tries to stick to herself due to being bullied as a child. She likes to read and write and is rather good at it when she puts her mind to it. Next on her personality list is Cat. Cat is into fashion and design. She also is Marie's protective personality and will do anything to keep the others safe. She has a hell of a temper and isn't afraid to use it. Then there's Arietta or Ari for short. Ari is usually depressed about one thing or another and is frightened easily. She tries to know as much about the world as she can since she believes knowledge is power. Finally there's Veera. The bad personality. She's sarcastic, witty, and usually angry. She's destructive and is the best fighter out of all of them.
    Powers/abilities/skills: Mind Reading / Telekinesis
    Weaknesses: Physically very frail. Weak heart and ankles. Passes out when she over exerts herself.
    History: Marie grew up in a loving family. Nothing was wrong with her life. Until she found out she was adopted. She felt unwanted and unloved. Her parents divorced at 12 and Marie went with her drug addicted mother, spending nights looking after her so she didn't hurt herself. At 14 she was put in her father's custody where she was physically abused thanks to his new wife. Returning to her mother for a short while when she was 15, things looked like they'd be okay until she was put in foster care and raped by a boy there. Her personalities began spawning shortly after she returned to her mother's care at age 17. When she was 18 she moved out and to Bien Sombre where she met her best friend, Peter. He taught her to use her powers properly and how to defend herself. Recently though, he vanished from her life. After setting out to find him, she was discovered by Caleb who brought her to SHIELD where she remains.
    Other: Has a black cat named Rebel who goes everywhere with her.
    Theme: Echo ~ Vocaloids

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Janessa

Place of Birth: Unknown

Height: 5' 8''
    Eye Color: Black
    Build: Althetic

Appearance: ((Here's a few examples))
    justin-jpg.123242

Her appearance varies greatly depending on how she feels. More often than not though you'll find her with long, red hair and black eyes. Much like her appearance, her style also varies greatly depending on her mood and the time period. She at least attempts to stay modern.

Personality: Biting sarcasm and a horrible attitude are what you're likely to be met with unless you find yourself with something Janessa wants to get her hands on. She is definitely not a person to trust considering she won't hesitate to stab you in the back in a second. She tends to change with the wind especially when it comes to her attitude towards people. One minute she can be seductive and flirty, the next breaking your hand for even attempting to hug her. It's speculated that she was close to someone in the past, but she seems determined not to make that mistake again.

Biography: Janessa is.. err.. was a Celestial. Long story short she killed another Celestial, got stripped of her powers and form, and has been cast among the humans. Not much is known as to the full story considering how bitter she is about the whole ordeal. She's been hanging around for ages. So long that if one were to ask her what her favorite time was, she wouldn't respond with a time of day, she would respond with the Renaissance. Even then, that's partially because she managed to worm her way into the monarchy for a short period of time.
    Her name is plastered through out history. Well, not really her name. Her fake names, anyways. In fact, Janessa is just another fake name. No one could really tell you her real name anymore, it's been so long. We're not even sure if she remembers.
    If we were to travel through her entire history we would be here all day. Cutting to the chase, she's been dancing through history for years now, laying low so as not to cause her own destruction at the hands of the Celestials. However, it appears that she's coming out of the works again for the first time in a long time. Something has attracted her attention, and that's never a good thing.

Family: Unknown

Education and work: Again, a very long list that would take a while to name. It is known, however, that during her escapades she has managed to study under some of the greatest names in history along with get herself involved in some of the greatest wars.

Powers: Changing her appearance ((Shape-shifting)) Teleportation, and different kinds of magic.

Weaknesses: Men, Anti-Magic, Other Celestials.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NPC-ish~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Name: Caleb Thomas Baret
    Appearance:
    caleb-jpg.123243

Race: Human
    Special Abilities: Puts the term 'super genius' to shame. Is capable of near impossible mental calculations and can use his own creations with deadly accuracy.
    Weapons: Anything of his own creation. However, his aim is horrible hence the special scope he wears for the purpose of targeting.
    History: Caleb had always been advanced for his age. He was talking coherently by age one and reading before he was three. His advancements were purely mental though. He didn't walk until he was nearly four. He's always been physically weak while his mental capabilities soared. When he was seven, he spent not even one year in first grade before they tested him at a high school level. It wasn't long before he had bypassed high school and climbed his way into college, earning a masters degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, and even psychology because he got bored.

He spent most of his childhood with little interference from his parents considering there wasn't much they could teach him that he didn't already know. However, they did have to derail some mischievous tendencies after he hacked the electrical grid when he was eight just to prove he could. Then there was the traffic light incident that caused once of the largest traffic jams in the history of the city. After he psychologically examined his psychiatrist and caused the man to have a nervous break down, they just gave up. It seemed he only messed with things to prove that he had mastered them and learned everything he could before he move onto something else.

It wasn't long before he had grown bored with just about everything in existence (even the creations of one Tony Stark after several attempts and the eventual success of hacking Stark Tower) He began working on creations of his own. He dabbled in everything from medical equipment to weaponry under several alias', not really wanting all of the attention. However, that backfired when SHIELD found him around the time he was twenty. He promptly told them to dive off a cliff before hacking his way into their systems out of curiosity. When he found out the types of things they were developing, he barged into one of their locations declaring that "They were doing it all wrong!" and he's been working with them ever since. Under his own conditions, of course.​

• Love
    Reactions: Lockheart

Basic Personality: Marie is kind of an oddball. She has Multiple Personality Disorder and is constantly changing. Her main personality is shy and quiet. She tries to stick to herself due to being bullied as a child. She likes to read and write and is rather good at it when she puts her mind to it. Next on her personality list is Cat. Cat is into fashion and design. She also is Marie's protective personality and will do anything to keep the others safe. She has a hell of a temper and isn't afraid to use it. Then there's Arietta or Ari for short. Ari is usually depressed about one thing or another and is frightened easily. She tries to know as much about the world as she can since she believes knowledge is power. Finally there's Veera. The bad personality. She's sarcastic, witty, and usually angry. She's destructive and is the best fighter out of all of them.
    Weaknesses: Physically very frail. Weak heart and ankles. Passes out when she over exerts herself.
    History: Marie grew up in a loving family. Nothing was wrong with her life. Until she found out she was adopted. She felt unwanted and unloved. Her parents divorced at 12 and Marie went with her drug addicted mother, spending nights looking after her so she didn't hurt herself. At 14 she was put in her father's custody where she was physically abused thanks to his new wife. Returning to her mother for a short while when she was 15, things looked like they'd be okay until she was put in foster care and raped by a boy there. Her personalities began spawning shortly after she returned to her mother's care at age 17. When she was 18 she moved out and to Bien Sombre where she met her best friend, Peter. He taught her to use her powers properly and how to defend herself. Recently though, he vanished from her life. After setting out to find him, she was discovered by Caleb who brought her to SHIELD where she remains.

justin-jpg.123242

Her appearance varies greatly depending on how she feels. More often than not though you'll find her with long, red hair and black eyes. Much like her appearance, her style also varies greatly depending on her mood and the time period. She at least attempts to stay modern.

Personality: Biting sarcasm and a horrible attitude are what you're likely to be met with unless you find yourself with something Janessa wants to get her hands on. She is definitely not a person to trust considering she won't hesitate to stab you in the back in a second. She tends to change with the wind especially when it comes to her attitude towards people. One minute she can be seductive and flirty, the next breaking your hand for even attempting to hug her. It's speculated that she was close to someone in the past, but she seems determined not to make that mistake again.

Biography: Janessa is.. err.. was a Celestial. Long story short she killed another Celestial, got stripped of her powers and form, and has been cast among the humans. Not much is known as to the full story considering how bitter she is about the whole ordeal. She's been hanging around for ages. So long that if one were to ask her what her favorite time was, she wouldn't respond with a time of day, she would respond with the Renaissance. Even then, that's partially because she managed to worm her way into the monarchy for a short period of time.
    Her name is plastered through out history. Well, not really her name. Her fake names, anyways. In fact, Janessa is just another fake name. No one could really tell you her real name anymore, it's been so long. We're not even sure if she remembers.
    If we were to travel through her entire history we would be here all day. Cutting to the chase, she's been dancing through history for years now, laying low so as not to cause her own destruction at the hands of the Celestials. However, it appears that she's coming out of the works again for the first time in a long time. Something has attracted her attention, and that's never a good thing.

Education and work: Again, a very long list that would take a while to name. It is known, however, that during her escapades she has managed to study under some of the greatest names in history along with get herself involved in some of the greatest wars.

Powers: Changing her appearance ((Shape-shifting)) Teleportation, and different kinds of magic.

Appearance:
    caleb-jpg.123243

Special Abilities: Puts the term 'super genius' to shame. Is capable of near impossible mental calculations and can use his own creations with deadly accuracy.
    Weapons: Anything of his own creation. However, his aim is horrible hence the special scope he wears for the purpose of targeting.
    History: Caleb had always been advanced for his age. He was talking coherently by age one and reading before he was three. His advancements were purely mental though. He didn't walk until he was nearly four. He's always been physically weak while his mental capabilities soared. When he was seven, he spent not even one year in first grade before they tested him at a high school level. It wasn't long before he had bypassed high school and climbed his way into college, earning a masters degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, and even psychology because he got bored.

He spent most of his childhood with little interference from his parents considering there wasn't much they could teach him that he didn't already know. However, they did have to derail some mischievous tendencies after he hacked the electrical grid when he was eight just to prove he could. Then there was the traffic light incident that caused once of the largest traffic jams in the history of the city. After he psychologically examined his psychiatrist and caused the man to have a nervous break down, they just gave up. It seemed he only messed with things to prove that he had mastered them and learned everything he could before he move onto something else.

It wasn't long before he had grown bored with just about everything in existence (even the creations of one Tony Stark after several attempts and the eventual success of hacking Stark Tower) He began working on creations of his own. He dabbled in everything from medical equipment to weaponry under several alias', not really wanting all of the attention. However, that backfired when SHIELD found him around the time he was twenty. He promptly told them to dive off a cliff before hacking his way into their systems out of curiosity. When he found out the types of things they were developing, he barged into one of their locations declaring that "They were doing it all wrong!" and he's been working with them ever since. Under his own conditions, of course.​
    You do know that the roleplay is closed.

• Love
    Reactions: Lockheart
    Okay, so, I caught a cold and haven't been able to post quite yet, but I promise I will do it as soon as humanly possible.

Also a micro-Biologist with the ability to inflict minor shocks on someone and a Hulk character. What could go wrong?

XD true that. This'll be....interesting.

justin-jpg.123242

Appearance:
    caleb-jpg.123243

Okay, so there are a few problems, I'll be honest.

Marie: I need more on her powers and weaknesses. What exactly can she do with mind reading? What classifies as overexerting herself? How strong is her telekinesis?

Janessa: I need more information on her powers as well. What CS she shapeshifter into? Is it only humanoid forms to change what she looks like? How often and how far can she teleport? A list of her magic would be appreciated. I'll need a weakness for each power, at least, as well. And something that could be fatal.

I also need you to label which characters work for where clearly, as shown in my CS template.

• Thank You
    Reactions: Banana-senpai
    I'm sorry guys, posts aren't forming for me for this, but good luck. You can just have my chars get kicked out or something.

• Thank You
    Reactions: Unyielding
    I'm sorry guys, posts aren't forming for me for this, but good luck. You can just have my chars get kicked out or something.

Alright, if that's truly what you want.....I suppose I can work around that. You could delete your posts in the IC and we can just ignore any interactions they've had- RP has just started, after all. They just...never existed, I guess.

I will try to make a post tomorrow, but as I have a friend visiting from out of town for the first time in a year or so, it may have to wait till Tuesday at the latest.

Okay, IC post finally up. I'll try to edit your characters into the OOC post tomorrow @The Classy Mog

Ugggggghhhhh bbcode hates me. Sorry for the sloppiness in that last post, I don't know why the hell its doing that, or why when I fix it it doesn't go away. TT_TT

Ugggggghhhhh bbcode hates me. Sorry for the sloppiness in that last post, I don't know why the hell its doing that, or why when I fix it it doesn't go away. TT_TT
    What exactly is the problem? All looks well to me.