Aurora's Gift (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, after school.. and I'm not sure
well I don't mean immediately, but i mean like later on in the story I am guessing we would have fights breaking out. ORRRR there's an arena for public entertainment lol

Well, how else would they train their abilities so they're not a horrifying menace to society? Practice dummies? Get real.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Sorry I didn't get my CS Up yesterday, I was horribly busy. I'll have it up sometime tonight for sure. Also, I was wondering what the ages of everyone's characters are? I'd like my character to be roughly around the same age as most of the other characters, that's why I ask.

Sorry I didn't get my CS Up yesterday, I was horribly busy. I'll have it up sometime tonight for sure. Also, I was wondering what the ages of everyone's characters are? I'd like my character to be roughly around the same age as most of the other characters, that's why I ask.

The age varies, I know there is 17-18-19-9 thats all the ages I really know that are in the roleplay.

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
Lowest age is 9, highest is 96 currently provided Steve the Painter gets accepted (as a side character) (who is likely going to be scrapped and replaced with a neat new idea I just came up with a few seconds ago)

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea
#b80000
"I guess this is the part where I say something witty..."
all_sweaty_by_catnappe143-d6mv1df.jpg

Name:
"Yes, Kyler. With a K, not a T."
. Kyler Maxon Stokes .

"I'm a boy, not sure how you couldn't tell."
. Male .

Appearance:
"My hair only looks red in direct sunlight. Otherwise it's brown."
. Age- 18
Eyes- Light Green.
Hair- Medium brown, short, thick. Red in direct sunlight
Height- 6'2
Weight- 158 lbs
Build- Ottermode
Birthmark- Kyler has a light brown birthmark on the back of his right arm, shaped like a paint splatter.
Scars- Kyler has a scar on both sides of his right ankle, from when he broke it .

Description of powers:
"The healing thing is cool, but what use is being able to move a rock without touching it? Lame."
. Rapid Cell Regeneration - Kylers cells regenerate at a extremely quick rate. So long as his heart or brain isn't damaged he will be able to heal from almost any wound. When he first got this ability, when it was at its strongest, Kyler healed almost instantly. However, the healing process has slowed down a great deal since then. He can heal from a paper cut in just three minutes, a bullet wound in a half hour, and if he were to cut his finger off it would take nine days to grow back (which has let him to believe that if he were to cut off his arm, and if he could grow that back, it would take at least two months for it to be the right length and fully functional- though he has never tried this from fear of it not actually growing back). This being said, Kyler can still very much feel pain. Kyler also can never get sick. [spoili]
tumblr_mpqmjkLLKa1sq016io4_250.gif
[/spoili][spoili]
3775157-8683680014-tumbl.gif
[/spoili][spoili]
[/spoili]
Terrakinesis - Kyler has the ability to control geological materials, such as dirt and rock. Think: Earth bending. This does not mean plants or an element such as water. The materials must be natural. Currently, he can only move small rocks and dirt, but at his peak he was able to completely shift the ground, even levitate a piece of the earths crust for him to ride on. This ability can only grow stronger with a great deal of practice. His connection between earth and himself is very much like a muscle- the more he uses it the stronger it becomes, and the heavier weight he can lift. [spoili]
tumblr_mk39nstYta1rt9dhko6_250.gif
[/spoili][spoili]
giphy.gif
[/spoili] .

Personality:
"I like to think I'm pretty awesome."
. [spoili]
Kyler presents himself as a courageous young man with integrity and an endless supply of confidence. He's very outspoken and opinionated, though he does not discriminate against others for their own opinions. Truth be told, he is known for being a major flirt, and some would even go so far is to call him a womanizer.But, Kyler does care deeply for those he actually gets in a relationship with. It doesn't seem like it to outsiders, but Kyler is actually very picky and selective with who he gets close with. It's sort of like a defense mechanism, because he will only allow people he deems worthy to see certain sides of him. Kyler tends to be very cockyand even an asshole, if pushed just right. But, those he is close to know that if there was human version of ateddy bear, it would be him. He's actually very thoughtful, protective, and sweet. He likes to make others smile, especially when they're down. Because Kyler doesn't care what others think of him, he will sometimes embarrass himself on purpose just to bring a smile to someones lips. He has great sportsmanship, though he is also very competitive. Still, once he's lost he'll accept it and move on. Kyler will always take responsibilityfor his actions, and expects others to do the same. Finally, Kyler tends to be very trusting of other people, which results in him being extremely gullible. [/spoili] .

Backstory:
"I miss my family, especially my sister."
[spoili]
Kyler was born in the middle of the night to a very loving family. He was a very happy baby, and very much a momma's boy. However, he and his father did share a special bond over sports. He'd been watching football games since before he could even talk, and as soon as he turned four he joined football. Of course at that age it wasn't very competitive, but he loved it anyways. From this he branched off to several other sports, very quickly becoming the athlete he is today. Also when he was four, his little sister, Jessamine, was born. Kyler had always viewed his female peers as an equal, but there was something so fragile about his baby sister that he knew he'd protect her his whole life.

Jessamine also took a liking to sports, and even if she wasn't allowed to play on the same teams as her big brother, they did play together at home. It wasn't until Jess got into middle school, during Kylers freshman year in highschool, that she started acting like a girl. She became more interested in her nails and hair... and so Kyler adjusted. He learned how to curl her hair for her, and sometimes would let her paint his nails. No one other than his immediate family knew this, of course, and the two siblings had a mutual agreement that they'd never tell anyone. And so, their strong bond held.

Meanwhile, Kyler continued to play sports, now during the summer and for his high school. He made Varisty in every sport during his freshman year... which resulted in several hazings. He's done things he's not proud of, and was humiliated more times than the young jock could count. Luckily his family never found out, and once freshman year was over it was his turn to do the hazing. But, he never participated. In fact, he despised many of his teammates for how they treated the young new-bee's on Varsity, and sometimes warned others about planned hazings so they could avoid them.

It was decided halfway through his sophomore year that Kyler could need a tutor for math classes, as well as English. Apparently, he excelled in sports so much because he was unsatisfactory when it came to academics. But, he tried not to let it get to him, and again the family decided to keep this among themselves.

When Kyler discovered his powers he spent very little time wondering what had caused them. He was pretty sure that the green sky had caused the change, and truly thought that everyone in the world was going to get powers. So, he spent all of his first day testing his healing factor: Jumping off of planes, rolling off of his bike, playing contact football with his friends without any equipment. He had injured himself countless times that day, and walked away without a mark each time. Because he thought everyone was going to develop an ability at some point or another, the arrogant teenager made no effort to hide his powers. Which made him very easy to be found to be taken to Facility CA-I3.[/spoili]
"... I'm not witty."

• Love
Reactions: Almalthia
Why is he taking his clothes off in his picture?

I don't know, but he needs to not, I don't like nosebleeds.

Anyway Kyler and Steve the painter are accepted (I momentarily forgot about steve)

Well, how else would they train their abilities so they're not a horrifying menace to society? Practice dummies? Get real.
There are many more inmates then just our characters, I wasn't sure about pitting ourselves against each other, but now I think it's a much better decision then not doing so.

They wouldn't have to be pitted against each other. People can make up NPCs, can't they? At least, I can, and (judging by Steve) I'm positive the asshole with the cat picture can. And honestly, why would it be mandatory? If the majority of inmates are in their teens and early twenties, most will naturally gravitate toward combat or otherwise some form of cooperation/conflict in order to refine their newfound powers.

The majority of inmates arent in their teens or twenties, the majority of our characters are, but not the other powered humans, age is vastly varied.

Npcs would work perfectly, you can make your own.

Also, I'll have a post up real soon

I don't think he's taking it off, I think he's using it to wipe sweat from his face. Or, at least that's what I've always assumed... I've never seen someone take off a shirt like that. Also, I only used this picture because that's the image I usually use for my male jock character when I need to use a non-realistic image... otherwise I would have searched for a different image for hours, and I just don't have the time for that right now.

I don't know, but he needs to not, I don't like nosebleeds.

Anyway Kyler and Steve the painter are accepted (I momentarily forgot about steve)
Thanks! So, I can post IC now, right? If so I'll try to have my starter post up tonight, but on the off chance that I run out of time tonight I'll have it up ASAP tomorrow. ♥

Yep, go ahead and post it.. my next post will be moving the story forward from us getting off of the swat truck to getting into the facility and showing us or rooms/ roommates, by the way, you might want to decide who you want to be roommates with. Fortress might already have one/ not have any at all due to the danger of her hurting someone if she loses control of her powers.

How many people per room?

Well, I don't really care who Kyler's roommate is... is anyone interested in being his roomie?

I'm kind of unsure who I want, but ya know, Kate is up for grabs as well for whoever wants to be her roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.