Aurora's Gift (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate will be traveling to the facility at the beginning.

Fortress is already there.

And I believe Kaos was too, or at least being transported there.

so what happens when they "pluck" you from the city, like do they come in as a swat team busting down your door lol

so what happens when they "pluck" you from the city, like do they come in as a swat team busting down your door lol
Pretty much, at least if you're in your house when it happens.. Or.. maybe, there would be other super power people who would be responsible for bringing others in.. That'd be an interesting idea as well. Swat team is easiest to work with though.
It does not matter to me. i can already be there or be traveling there. Which ever makes the story easier to tell
Either one works well enough. Your choice.

i cant wait till this starts >.<

I certainly hope so! And uhm, if I don't get it up today, then no pitchforks please, I'm terribly allergic.

Reactions: Almalthia
Mind if I throw a hat in the ring? (Not necessarily mine, but don't ask where I got it.) I'll be able to have a character up soon.

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
I do have one question before i begin my post, is the facility a nice one? or is it just like any other prison, or worse?

I'm interested in making a character. I see you've got the IC up, and I won't be able to make my character until tomorrow. I hope that's not too late to join in?

Sure, near my limit of eight, so after you there's one more spot.

Reactions: Brea
I just want to point out what Mind Melding actually consists of. As far as I know, it is literal fusing of minds. Both original minds will die, and a single new mind created will have traits of both of the original ones.

I just want to point out what Mind Melding actually consists of. As far as I know, it is literal fusing of minds. Both original minds will die, and a single new mind created will have traits of both of the original ones.
Sounds like drugs

Yeah, it's basically what would happen if LSD had permanent effects.

In other news, I think we've been sorely lacking in little girls. I'll fix that.

Name: Iona Ward

Appearance: Only nine years old, Iona stands at just over four feet, and weighs 55lbs. With pale, practically translucent white skin and an almost bony frame hidden behind her clothes, the curious twinkle in her hazel eyes and a twitch in her button nose leave her comparable to a doll. Long, caramel-colored hair lays down to her waist across the board, easily shrouding her entire face if she let it; as such, she often has her hair tied into a ponytail, or braided over her shoulder.

Powers: Nullification & Amplification

When making direct contact with another gifted, Iona acts as a conduit and magnifier. She adds to the energy at one's disposal by passively routing their own powers through her, allowing them to use their abilities to much greater effect. While the results are incredible, they also suffer from equal levels of fatigue.

However, when not in contact with someone, the energy Iona contains simply orbits her uncontrolled, creating a "dead zone" in a five foot radius where no one's powers can thrive. Simply being in the area can cause notable stress, but any attempt to use one's powers are met with near immediate incapacitation. From range, any connection in the zone to one's powers are disrupted and disabled. Those who leave the experience with their memory intact often remember seeing ghosts, or hearing the voice of a woman who isn't there.

Personality: An inquisitive child, Iona soaks up information like a sponge, and enjoys reading books and watching films, but after having been taken to the facility has essentially lost her voice. She rarely speaks outside of the odd sentence here and there, and more basic sounds and verbal gestures.

She likes to study others' powers as well, although she typically can only observe from a distance. Iona isn't allowed to get close to most of the other inmates, due to the inherent risk her presence poses to their health. Still, when she does, she tends to pick one person and stay as close to them as possible.

Backstory: The few reports available on Iona primarily mention multiple would-be "gifted" within a few miles of her residence in Minnesota. All mentioned were determined to have acquired a power from the aurora, but died inexplicably within hours after, and a total blackout covered the area for just under two days. Later investigations conclude that all victims suffered complete brain death.

Within weeks, as less violent solutions quickly became the norm for dealing with the gifted, she was discovered to be the source, and men were sent to retrieve her by any means necessary. Iona has since had to be transferred to two different facilities to accommodate her.

And now, twins!

USdLqlt.jpg

Quinn & Reine

LeBlanc

Powers:

Quinn and Reine have an ethereal armor, enhancing their abilities and providing a degree of protection. They carry individual pieces of a single set, and appear to be made up of a transparent black fire. The armor can be mostly concealed, but that greatly reduces its effectiveness, and can cause it to atrophy from disuse. At the same time, overuse requires an inactive rest period for recovery.

Reine's part covers the ends of her body, shaping into gauntlets and greaves. They grant her incredible strength, and blinding speed and agility, but only the durability to not fall apart. When hidden, her pieces take the shape of a bracelet and anklet on the right side of her body. A mask also covers the lower half of her face and nose, and becomes a choker when she hides the rest of her armor.

Quinn's part creates a floating shell just above her limbs, breast and spine. For her comparable immobility, she gains heightened stamina and endurance, and virtually bulletproof skin. Additionally, a thin circlet orbits her head, giving Quinn increased mental processing speed and the ability to communicate telepathically with her sister when active. Less concealed than Reine's, it shrinks down to a large ring hovering behind her back.

Personality:

Both of the girls are sociable, but Quinn is the only one who can actively handle new company alone, thinking well ahead compared to her sister. Reine, while no less intelligent, suffers from a tinge of anxiety when she's separated from her sister, and has difficulty properly translating her thoughts. Quinn has the better sense of direction and ability to speak her mind, so Reine ends up a bit lost without her.

Reine likes to move her body; Quinn, her brain. Regardless, they take up similar activities all the time. Reine puts her sister's ideas into practice, and occasionally gets hurt doing it, but Quinn is always the one to come to her aid.

Background:

The twins share just about everything with each other. Their clothes, their first experiences and most interests, and even their penchant for getting into trouble. So much so, that they were sent to a private school that would keep them out of it. However, that never stopped them from climbing their school building.

It wasn't difficult to hide their newfound powers after the aurora, but they also didn't take long to start exploring them. They realized that most of humanity was unaffected, and likely would have been... unaccepting, as well. They weren't happy with it, but they were happy with the idea of not being lynched. So, the LeBlanc twins decided to conceal their abilities until they were taken from their dorm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.