Aurora's Gift (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww! My precious nosebleed!

I don't know, I think it's only Unyielding who really has a problem with the picture. For me it means I can't show any of my friends this thread without giving some super flamboyant explanation for the picture. (But only one of my friends have an interest in roleplaying aside from me.)

NO!!!!!!!!
Oh crap, she's spoken. I guess that's final.

(Also it's totally fine you didn't have your post up today, I can contain my excitement.. hopefully)

• Love
Reactions: Brea and Almalthia
Don't you dare take it down!!! Unyielding can deal...He's just jealous he didn't think of it first.

• Love
Reactions: QwibInTheWibs
Love how everyone has an image for their characters and I was just like "Nope, no way."

Guess it just restricts me too much to have one.

Reactions: Almalthia
Love how everyone has an image for their characters and I was just like "Nope, no way."

Guess it just restricts me too much to have one.
You did a great job describing your character. I see her in my head each time I post.

Happy to help. :bsmile:

I don't think combat should necessarily be included in the RP as an official thing, such as an arena. That'll focus people entirely on combat subplots and on being strong, and will negate any proper character development. The only real character development that takes place in a combat based RP is power development.

Oh, if the backstory didn't make it clear, Fortress is pretty much the reason this specific facility was created - to contain her and to analyse her abilities. Once they calmed down, they decided it safe to move other ability users into it as well. As such, Fortress's room is in a completely separate building to the others, with extra thick walls.

Replacement for Steve, who will fade into being an NPC for anyone to use. Since he rarely emerges from his room, there's no real point keeping him, I just made it for fun to do with this ability.
I ran out of time while writing this, but I wanted to get the ability down before I forgot any of it.

Name: Astra
Appearance:
latest

Description of powers: Songweaver
Songweaver is an inaccurate name for the ability, but serves to describe it well enough. Songweaver can speak song lyrics (no need to do so as actual song, just the words are enough). When she does so, the thing those lyrics describe, or the thing they metaphorically refer to, will occur. This also is true for rhymes and poems. For example, if she were to say "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall", then a target that was in an elevated position, such as on top of a wall or floating in the air, would fall to the ground. Another example might be "Ring-a ring-a roses, a pocket full of posies. Atishoo Atishoo, we all fall down!" If she were to say this, then everyone in the immediate area would die. This does however, include herself, so she tends to avoid things like that. If she sings instead of speaks, the lyrics will have a greater magnitude. Humpty Dumpty would fall faster, and the Black Death would kill in a wider area. She cannot create songs or rhymes herself - they have to already exist. She may speak in another language, and the effect will still take place provided that the lyrics have specific concepts assigned to them, for example "mada yoru wa tabekake yo" (meaning "The night is yet only half eaten") would reverse time to midnight of the previous night (astronomically. The people and objects would remain as they were, it would simply be nighttime now)

This ability was really fun to come up with. You don't usually think too much about the meaning of lyrics and nursery rhymes, but this ability lets me be really philosophical about them :D Naturally, I won't use abilities that would cause instant death or direct damage. That'd be too easy, and no fun cos she's just use the same song over and over.

Personality: Astra is typically a bright and excitable person, but since gaining her ability has calmed down somewhat. She does not speak, and instead magically conjures words on a notepad (so as to be able to keep up with the conversation). Though she wants to speak, she cannot, for she does not know when she might accidentally say something that's also the lyrics of some ancient song (which was the problem occurring when she first gained the ability - she used to be a singer for a light music club, but quit speaking all together when she realised that every song she sang mysteriously became reality.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Brea
@Karakui dont be a buzzkill, we all basically got abilities, and you expect us not to use them? It's like giving a bunch of ISIS members nukes and telling them "don't use these, just keep them warm" but I do think we should have an even balance between combat, and story.

Hmm.. it's up to me to choose then.. this will be FUN.

Fortress will probably already have a roommate seeing as she was in the facility before any of the others. But tell me if you guys have problems with my choices.

Siobhan - Kyler (Couldn't solve the abs dilemma in a well enough manner, and you offered.)

Katelyn - Matthew

Kaos - Iona (Three K names wow..)
I dont mind having Kaos Room with the dangerous Iona, it would make for some funny interactions. Also Though it does not clash with my ability (clash means good interactions not counter), her augment would have a be very effective as it would grant Kaos full use of his transformation abilities. Also Kaos always wanted a little sister XD.

Take that for nobodies powers clash well enough with yours.. kidding, sort of. Her powers sure do clash with yours, and everyone's. But imagine the benefits! Augmentation!

Welp.. Iona may have a problem with it, but conflict is good, and in the end she'll have to, (unless she wins that conflict)
They dont clash. her just negate mine. There is nothing fun about not being able to use your powers. When i said clash i meant like rivial. For example. Kate and Siobhan both have powers that effect the users mind. They would clash well because their powers conflict with each other.

Not so much Iona literally having a problem with it based on her own opinions and desires. More so the potential roommate's safety being a problem, which was a pretty major part of why she was isolated from other inmates during entry.
What danger could your null zone possess? Its not like your power can kill. That was what was explained to me.
Huh.. okay, not really sure how I should go about this then, could group Kaos with an NPC (Of his creation of course) and isolate Iona, but I would need both of your opinions on such an idea. Will be less convenient, but oh well.
No NPC that is not fun. I dont like controlling multiple separate entities. Also that is so boring to not have a roommate that is a player.

Aww! My precious nosebleed!

I don't know, I think it's only Unyielding who really has a problem with the picture. For me it means I can't show any of my friends this thread without giving some super flamboyant explanation for the picture. (But only one of my friends have an interest in roleplaying aside from me.)
Also I dont have a problem with the picture. I am just saying Kaos would probably be really jealous that he is not as ripped. (or ripped for that matter)

My final point... Please let me have a roommate whos a player plzzzz

Okay uhm, I'll come to a better decision after school then, as well as look ay the new CS (which, HEY may just be the solution, unless she was also already there.)

I'm Pretty excited to see that Kate is Matt's room mate, should make for interesting interactions with the two ^.^ @QwibQwib

• Love
Reactions: QwibInTheWibs
@Karakui dont be a buzzkill, we all basically got abilities, and you expect us not to use them? It's like giving a bunch of ISIS members nukes and telling them "don't use these, just keep them warm" but I do think we should have an even balance between combat, and story.
You misunderstood. I didn't mean "no combat at all". My own character is designed with combat in mind. What I was meaning was that fights should break out naturally, without being forced. Forced fights in an arena, in my experience, just devolve into shouting matches between what it's fair for each ability to be able to do. If they're integrated into story and character development, it's not just a match of power and the fights start and end naturally.

No NPC that is not fun. I dont like controlling multiple separate entities. Also that is so boring to not have a roommate that is a player.
Could always have him room with Astra then.

I've read the IC, my post will be coming tonight when I get my hands on my laptop. I think I'm gonna start with Kyler already in the facility, buy he hasn't been there very long. Probably just a few days, I haven't completely decided yet.

The Aurora itself was only a month ago :D Even Fortress, who has been there since the beginning of the facility has only been there 2 weeks.

• Useful
Reactions: Brea
For example. Kate and Siobhan both have powers that effect the users mind. They would clash well because their powers conflict with each other.
While I understand what you were getting at the nit picky side of me needed to point out that Katelyn and Siobhan's powers do not clash or come into conflict with each others. Siobhan can read minds and project her thoughts onto others telepathically, Katelyn can not read minds, but in a way she can talk to people telepathically as well, except it's less "Telepathic" and more the illusion of her talking. The powers being similar doesn't mean they clash, fire and water powers would clash. A power that makes flowers bloom and one that kills flowers would clash, etc etc.

I'm sorry, I needed to, I wouldn't have been able to sleep otherwise.

Anyway, the cat has got the solution! Kaos and Astra can be roomies! Yay.

While I understand what you were getting at the nit picky side of me needed to point out that Katelyn and Siobhan's powers do not clash or come into conflict with each others. Siobhan can read minds and project her thoughts onto others telepathically, Katelyn can not read minds, but in a way she can talk to people telepathically as well, except it's less "Telepathic" and more the illusion of her talking. The powers being similar doesn't mean they clash, fire and water powers would clash. A power that makes flowers bloom and one that kills flowers would clash, etc etc.

I'm sorry, I needed to, I wouldn't have been able to sleep otherwise.

Anyway, the cat has got the solution! Kaos and Astra can be roomies! Yay.
So mean....

when i said clash i did not me counter.

Super strength vs someone who can grow bigger. Tho their powers are not the same, the out come of their powers have some similarity. Both people have a strength argumentation (normally)

Regen vs Iron skin. They both make the user durable.

Someone with a water body vs my character would be a good clash. Because they can change and adapt to the situation.

Maybe the word clash was miss used. I should used the word rival instead.

I am not trying to argue though. So if you get what i am saying then yay if you dont then i give up.

I totally understand, but then again I did at first, I was just being nit picky. Sorry if I came off as unkind, it was not the intent.

Hugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.