Around the world in 80 pages

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
It was only when Mathew drifted back to sleep that Genevieve turned back to Darlene. Until then she had been too preoccupied. "This is very rough on him," she said softly. "I know you have things scheduled tight, and I understand the necessity of it as well, but is there any way we can avoid flying from London to Paris? Give him a small break?"

The idea was coming as she was talking and she tried to hurry the idea along before she either lost it or Darlene interjected. "If we cut a day from London, and a day from Paris, and took a ferry to France and drove through the countryside, wouldn't that be a good change of pace for your story? Some scenic descriptions of the, the romantic wine country?"

Genevieve wasn't even sure what she said was the least bit practical, but if she could talk Darlene into it, surely they could make it happen somehow. That she had taken back Mathew's hand while he was sleeping, while she was in fact still facing Darlene, didn't even register to her.

Darline looked at Genevieve her eyes falling to her hand and she smiled. "I was planning on having a chapter with being lost with a flat tire in the French countryside anyway so.. fine, a day less in London and Paris. Those will have to be a relaxation days that go... I'll reschedule a few bookings and we'll be fine." he smiled and flipped though her noted again moving chapters around. "Now you should get to your own food, we're going to have to help him in Heathrow. They drugs will be mostly worn off but not completely. So he'll be able to walk but an arm of a shoulder would be prudent. By the looks of things you won'r have problems helping."

She ginned again and settled down in her seat he papers in her lap as she resumed writing. "This actually gives me an Idea..."

Genevieve of course never found out what the idea was. Instead she finished her own food and they went thought the last few hours of the flight. The landing was a bit rough with the morning updrafts off the water. While she felt self conscious doing so, Genevieve leaned over Mathew as they started coming in, looking out the window at the water and the city below. London! She never really thought she would ever see it, and now here she was landing there with the dawn.

Once they were on the ground Genevieve nudged Mathew. "We've landed. Time to wake up. We are taxing to the gate right now and then we will have to disembark." Exhausted and excited she smiled at Mathew.

He opened his eyes and she was the first thing he saw. "Hey.." he said before looking around and seeing where they were, on the ground, safe and sound. "We made it.." it was a joje and he fumbled with his seat belt before he undid it and pulled himself up. His joints felt like jelly but stable enough. Still he hugged Genevieve before she could make her escape into the aisle.

Retrieving bags and heading for the terminal, where Darline collected passports and Mathew although groggy looked around at what they were calling the busiest airport in the world. "So we're here.." he couldn't hide the relief in his voice. Getting to the hotel was a priority for him, and the others looked tired too. But first.. coffee.. and before that.. customs.

Customs was not exactly an enjoyable experience. If Genevieve had been asked what questions had been asked of her, she couldn't have been able to tell them. Mostly because she was so tired. She was more then happy to allow Darlene deal with handling their passports. She had a passing thought that she hadn't even seen her passport but that didn't much matter.

What she was doing was keeping one arm around Mathew's waist. It wasn't just a response from the unexpected hug on the airplane, though that had been nice, but to be sure he was able to get through the airport incase he was still more out of it from the drugs then they expected. She would have done it even if Darlene hadn't suggested it several hours earlier.

When Darlene put the passports in her purse, Genevieve sighed in relief. "Should we get something now before we try to make it to the hotel?" she asked, mostly directed to Darlene.

"Yes, we are getting some coffee before we catch a cab to the hotel." Then Darlene looked at them and grinned. "But first," and she pulled out the camera.

Mathew didn't want his picture taken, he was feeling like he bad been sat on by an elephant and was sure he didn't look much better, but he held onto Genevieve anyway and tried to smile as the camera snapped. "I really wish she wouldn't while I'm feeling like this." he whispered to gen as a couple more were taken and Matthew spotted signs pointing them towards a cafeteria. If wouldn't be fancy but they'd be able to sit and drink and maybe talk about that they were going to do.

"Here we are.." he said his suitcase put next to one of the chairs and Darline ready to get their coffee insisting they sit and that Mathew not look like he was about to pitch forwards and fall asleep onto the table. "So how was the flight?" he asked trying to look as awake as possible. "I really wish I didn't have to be asleep for all of it..."

Despite sitting all those hours on the plane, Genevieve was glad to put own her suitcase down for a while. Besides it was the first time she got to talk to Mathew since New York pretty much. She didn't think their little conversation during dinner counted since he was very affected by the drugs at the time.

"It was long and uneventful," she told him with a smile. She knew that Mathew was mostly tired because of the drugs, but she hadn't even taken a nap on the airplane and was more then ready to find a bed, any bed. That it was daylight outside just seemed so confusing. She was too tired to be reasonable, and felt that for as tired as she was it should have been dark. "Be glad you got to sleep. At least you'll be ready for the day when Darlene drags us out to who knows where."

Absently she placed her hand atop of his and kept smiling at him. She somewhat forgot they were waiting for Darlene to come back with coffee.

He turned his hand over under hers and grasped it gently. "I feel like I havn't slept in days, whatever that was that Darline had was strong." he managed to smile at her and shift his seat closer to hers. "Its really sweet of you that you'd look after me like that though. Now that I'm awake I want to thank you." he smiled again, easier this time as he held onto her hand. "I hope next time you won't have to."

He fell silent but he was determined not to have to rely on drugs to fly, not for the rest of the trip. "And it will have Darline money on syringes."

Click.

Genevieve blinked and looked over at Darlene, frowning. If she hadn't been so tired she might not have made the face, but it seemed like her and Mathew couldn't have a moment without that damn thing going off. Nevermind that's why they were on the trip. Nevermind that she realized she wanted many many more moments with her boss' brother.

"I brought you both coffee, now drink up. I can't carry anyone if you fall asleep in the cab," she took her own cup to her lips for emphases, though she hadn't put away the camera just yet.

Genevieve sighed, easily giving in to the demand since it was what she wanted anyways and took one of the cups and blew into it before taking a sip, closing her eyes as the warmth went down her throat. The coffee was horrible!

Mather pulled his cup towards himself and without even adding anything took a sip, then set about adding sugar. Its was far from the best coffee he had ever had but it was better than he had been expecting. "If I fall asleep its your fault." he said once more of the coffee was down his throat. "I think you gave me more than was needed for a 6 hour flight." he was feeling awful as caffeine and whatever was in his system began conflicting and he was sure he could feel a headache taking root in that back of his brain. "But thanks, I'm not sure I could have taken the trip otherwise."

He leaned against Genevieve slightly as he drunk "Bed sounds good right now though." the 'with Gen' with unspoken.

"Yeah, well, you won't have to fly again for a long while so you don't need to worry about it." Darlene said while taking a drink of her own coffee. "What you should think about is the fun we will have once we take our nap in the hotel."

Genevieve was sipping her coffee slowly, she wasn't sure it was worth drinking the stuff. She glanced at Mathew then looked back at Darlene. "I'm really only thinking about that nap, but what do you have planned."

"Not too much, I promise nothing after dinner. We're all jet lagged, but the only way to get through it is to do a lot while it's light."

Genevieve really would have rather spent the day in a cafe or a pub or something and just did nothing with Mathew and Darlene, but that was too much to ask for. Especially after she got Darlene to agree to have them take the ferry to France and then go overland to Paris. After drinking only half her cup she sighed and sat down the coffee. "I'm ready if you both are." It was time to get to the hotel.

Mathew drained the cup and stood glad to have eaten something on the plane of the coffee would definitely be doing a number on his stomach. He FELT better but was still less than steady and just managed to hut a hand on Genevieve's shoulder in time. "I'm ready..." Still walking with Gen's help he followed Darline to the drop off.

They filed into the cab and Mathew leaned back not really having the energy to look either either of the girls at the city at they left drove into it. So far this was nothing like he imagines international travel, but logically, its what he should have expected.

As they drove, Genevieve leaned against Mathew with her eyes half closed. The coffee had done her much good, she was that tired, all it did was make her feel shakey. Once the very long cab ride was over, they arrived at their hotel, the Grange Strathmore. As they got out of the cab, Darlene started to go for her camera, but even she must have been too tired because in the end she just took her suitcase and walked inside.

If someone asked what the interior of the hotel looked like, Genevieve wouldn't have been able to tell them. She was concentrating on keeping herself awake, her bags together, and Mathew standing. She managed that all fine, but when Darlene Andes her the key to the room she had to be told twice which it was, despite the room number stamped on the key.

Genevieve did succeed in getting them to their room and with only minor fumbling get the door unlocked and opened. "Home sweet home," she said softly to Mathew once she dropped her bags in the center of the room.

"Home sweet home indeed." Mathew said dropping his suitcase close to the door and collapsing onto the bed. Then he groaned and undid his laces and dropped his shoes onto the floor. "I'll shower after I wake up if you don't mind." he said forcing himself to sit up and take off his rumpled shirt not caring what make or may not still be visible on his collarbone.

He was too tired to care about much other than grabbing a pillow and settling down. "Tank you again for everything he said with his head on the pillow. "You really are sweet."

Genevieve slipped off her shoes and laid on the bed, even though she knew she shouldn't. She needed to change at the very least, but she was now down, and didn't care to move. "Not really, but I'm glad you think so." She turned her head and smiled at Mathew.

Then with a sigh she sat up. She proceeded to take off her earrings and necklace, placing them on the nightstand instead of away in her toiletry bag like she normally did. She didn't want to be conscious enough to be organized. Rubbing her feet together she realized she really didn't want to be in her nylons a moment longer. Reluctantly she stood and walked over to her suitcase. It almost didn't seem to be worth the effort to pull out her nightshirt, but she wasn't going to stay dressed, and she still had a sense of modesty. She was also feeling extremely lazy.

"Close your eyes, will ya?" she asked as she turned her back and begin undoing buttons.

He did as he was told, half because he was told and half because he was falling asleep, but only to a certain point as the lingering caffeine. He did however stretch out on purpose to get into a good snuggling position on his side with a sleepy noise drawn out over the entire process. "Eyes closed... bed soft." he said pulling his belt loose without opening his eyes and hanging it over the bedside take before resuming his position.

"So.. London.. after we get some sleep, maybe not today but tomorrow I'm sure we'll really enjoy it." He yawned and looked at the place next to him a strange content feeling spreading over him as he though about her lying there and a grin on his face to match. "Come to bed..." he didn't notice that the position of his arms indicated he wanted her in them.

"We will," she said with a muffled voice as she was popping her head out if the night shirt. As she pulled her hair out of the shirt she absently thought that it would be nice to shower and get the hairspray out of her hair. Not that she wanted to do so at that moment, it was just more wishing it wasn't so stiff. As she turned around she though Mathew looked very relaxed. "Coming," she said supressing a yawn.

Walking over she saw with his arm where it was she was either going to have to move it or cuddle up to him. She wondered if that was a mistake, recalling what she had learned about last night. Was it only the other day? She crawled into bed and cuddled up to Mathew, because in the end she didn't mind, and considering how she kept on waking up each morning she would be there eventually anyways.

"That was a long day," she muttered as she closed her eyes.

He closed his arms around her and closed his his face close to her. "Longer for you then me, but I hope we both feel better after what little sleep Darline lets us get." he yawned and sighed. She felt nice against him and he almost felt sorry that it was helping him relax so that he couldn't enjoy it longer. "Genevieve..." he said slowly he before he lightly kissed her fore head. "Thank you.. for everything."

He didn't say anything more only settles down to begin drifting off. He had no idea what they would be doing today or how long they had to sleep but Gen would be there so he'd be... happy. He couldn't remember feeling like this for some time, so content so... happy to be with someone.

It seemed like but a moment that she felt the kiss on her forehead, and she made a pleased sound, already falling asleep even as he spoke. In the next instance there was an annoying repetitive sound. It was disturbing her, and she wanted it to go away. Genevieve tried to bury her face into Mathew's bare chest. That didn't work of course, though she absently glided a pair of fingers down it.

The knocking seisted, but only for a moment before Darlene started again. It had to be Darlene, before Genevieve opened her eyes she knew who it was. She got up, her eyes barly open and shuffled across the floor opening the door. "How are you awae even?" she muttered, obviously still asleep herself.

Mathew didn't know how long he was asleep or if he had even gotten to sleep before Gen was tearing herself from his arms and heading to answer the door. His response was to this was to roll onto his back and groan covering his face with a pillow and wish someone would turn out the sun. The headache that had been threatening was now seeping into his mind and Mathew was sure it would get steadily worse as the day wore on. Why did she have to get up when she was finally being close to him on purpose?

These questions and more were kicked around the inside of his cranium as he sat up and watched his sister enter. "Fortitude." cane the response to a question Mathew missed. "You two look like you've been wresting bears and loosing. Come on shower, both of you you'll feel better afterwards."