Around the world in 80 pages

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Genevieve looked at Darlene and just shook her head, then looked over at the bed at Mathew. "Go ahead and go first. I'll order some break...er lunch?" Genevieve wasn't even sure what time wit was, but it wasn't morning. She knew that much.

As Darlene made herself comfortable in a chair, seeming far too chipper, Genevieve went over to the menu by the phone. Three people, full day ahead. Coffee might be good, but tea would be easier on the stomach, and they were in England after all. As she thought about what to order, she kept glancing up and finding she was stupidly upset that Darlene hadn't just called to wake them up. Then they could have been able to talk while they got ready. Genevieve wanted her quiet breakfast with Mathew. How quickly one found a pattern they liked.

Though it wasn't likely he would have paraded around without his shirt for very long even without Darlene there.

What was she thinking! Breeakfast, lunch, yeah she was ordering food!

Mathew stook and strode into the bathroom and wasted no time stripping off his pants and turning on the water. He welcomed it as it hit him and he waited for the water to arm before he adjusted the taps and grabbed the shampoo and began washing.. the relaxed groan that escaped him was all too loud. Still he didn't really have the time to dawdle and as nice as the water and soap was and as many sounds he made as water hit him in just the right way he would need to get out eventually.

Turning off the water and feeling a bit more awake he dried his hair and with it sticking out in every direction moved onto his face, neck, chest... it wasn't until he was completely dry that he reached out for his glasses and put them on... and then looked around for his clothes.... crap. "Genevieve... Darline.. can of of you bring me clothes?" he called out wrapping the towel around his waist. He could head the chortles from there.. or maybe he was just imagining.

Genevieve manged to call in the order and then flopped into the other chair, still holding the menu. "You'll feel better once you shower, I did," Darlene said reassuringly and giving the only clue she might be nearly as tired as her friend was. Darlene then stood up and opened the curtain. Her idea might have been to let some of the sun into the room to help everyone wake up, but what greeted the women was a grey skyscape. "I got us reservations tonight down the street so we can come back and go to sleep early tonight too. Tomorrows going to be the busy day. Today is just landmarks close by."

It was reasonable, but Genevieve was still exhausted. She nodded anyways and then heard Mathew's voice. Darlene was laughing at her brother's expense, but Genevieve felt it was a bit like deja vu. "I'll take care of it," she told the author before she could move to help. Grabbing the suitcase that had been left by the door, she went to the bathroom. She grabbed the handle and stopped. No need to completely repeat history. Instead she knocked on the door.

Mathew opened and looked out, he had been expecting it to be Darline on the other side my smiled when he saw it wasn't. Taking the handle he hesitated handing to say something.. "Thanks.." He pulled it in and set it down still peeking out around the door, then closed it.. they'd talk over lunch... when he had clothes on.

He opened the bag and put the painkillers on the sink then pulled out underwear and dropped the towel to pull them on. Followed by pants, shirt and button it up then wash his face and shave. Finally ready he opened the door and put his suitcase down outside the bathroom. "All yours.' he said pulling his belt off of the table and sliding it into the loop.

Genevieve smiled back when he closed the door she went back to sit on the chair, then thought better of it and started to gather her on cloths. All the while Darlene sat back and smirked. "You're very helpful."

"Someone had to grab it for him," even though Darlene had been the one standing, and was his sister. When Mathew came out, she smiled. He looked better, maybe Darlene was right and a shower was all that was needed for all of them. "Thanks. Lunch she be here any moment." And she headed to the bathroom to clean up herself. There would be no time to curl her hair today.

"So you've taken to sleeping with no shirt on?" Darline said to Mathew as he tucked in his shirt. "We just came here and went strait to sleep." he said "Would still be asleep if you hadn't knocked..." he was yawning as he realized he had left the painkillers on the sink and groaned.. "Hold on.." he stood and walked over to the bathroom door and waited for a second. "Gen, are you still dressed? Theres a bottle of painkillers on the sink... I left the there by accident.."

If she was dressed he could enter.. or she could open the door. He was trying to ignore the fact the Darline was sniggering and making a comment about them being eager to get into the bathroom with each other and offering to leave them alone for fifteen minutes so they could enjoy each other,

Undressing only took a moment after a few moments trying to come through her hair. The hairspray was too strong and she wouldn't make any difference until she got it shampooed. Glancing at the mirror she realized she looked horrid. It was amazing Mathew didn't try to run screaming once e had his glasses on.

Genevieve was turning on the water when he heard Mathew's voice. Glancing over she noticed that there was a bottle of pills on the counter. "Hold on," she said trying to stall. She looked at the bottle and then at the shower curtain. Well that's what it was made for, right?

There were better ways to handle the situation, but Genevieve was still too groggy to think straight. Instead she stepped into the shower before calling out. "Okay, you can get them." As long as she was beind the curtain it was no big deal.

"Alright coming in." he said opening the door and saw the curtain closed. He grabbed the bottle and then headed back to the door trying not to remember what had happened the first time. "Alright door closed." he said just before the catch snapped shut with him on the OUTSIDE of the door. Definitely outside... Darline must have seen the look on his face because she was sniggering to herself. Well at least ONE person was having fun.

Mathew however was saved by the bell, or knock rather and opened the door for room service, bringing in the cart and seeing what Gen had ordered. "Tea... sounds good." he grabbed a couple of pills from the bottle and put them on a saucer next to a mug as he waited for the tea to brew somehow wishing it was just him and Gen.

Genevieve tried to be quick with her shower, knowing that Darlene was waiting. Not feeling rushed would have been nice, but she reminded herself that tonight was going to be mellow and after dinner they were free. As she rinsed the shampoo out of her hair for a second time she realized she wanted to relax WITH Mathew. It occurred to her that there was nothing saying she had to spend time with him, she just wanted to.

As she stepped out of the shower and toweled herself off she smiled as she thought of a relaxing evening, with just the two of them. Even if it was just getting to talk, it would be nice. When she exited the bathroom, clothed but her hair in a towel she noticed the food had arrived. "Oh wonderful. Is the tea ready?" she asked perching herself on the edge of the bed.

Mathew ate, what else was there to do when it felt like Darline was intruding on his private time... with Genevieve. He remained so until Gen arrived back and he and he handed her a mug of tea. "Here you go..." he should be feeling the best out of all of them having slept on the plane but he wasn't feeling it.. he wasn't feeling much of anything other than the pressure threatening to cave his skull in.

"Come on the sooner you're done the sooner we'll be back." Darline said while settling into her chair all too visibly. "We'll get back, have a few hours sleep and then see what the London nightlife is like." Mathew audiably groaned at that last sentence. "Dinner, just dinner, cludding another night." he said looking at Darline who slowly nodded. "Alright but you two better let me get great pictures of you dancing, and I pick what your wear."

"You were going to probably pick them out anyways, so that's fine by me." Taking the cup Mathew had handed in her in both hands she took a sip and sighed. Not only was it good tea, but it was warm and the warmth seemed to seep into her very being. She took a second sip with her eyes closed. "But you will get better dance pictures when we are feeling more rested. Besides, I can't imagine even you want to go out tonight." Opening her eyes she smirked at Darlene.

Tea and lunch were had before Genevieve went to dry her hair and apply her make up. Once more she didn't feel she had time to doll herself up as much as she normally would have and disliked the feeling of being rushed. "Between you and me Mathew, it wouldn't kill her to not spend so much time in the bathroom, and I'm not saying that because I'm eager to go." Darlene looked in the direction of the room and frowned. "She's pretty enough, she doesn't need to go through such lengths."

When Genevieve exited the bathroom she tried to make a good show of it, smiling to both her boss and the boss' brother. "Alright, let's see what London town has to show us."

Mathew gave her a smile and stood putting his watch on his wrist and taking the keys from the bedside table, and promptly having them confiscated by Darline. He scowled at her but took Gen's hand and exited the room. Holding her skin and feeling it's warmth. It made him feel better. "Just think about helping me find a tea set." he said "Something fun and for us..." it took him a second to realize he said that as if they'd share the tea set..

Out of the hotel and into the street, Darline hailing a cab and taking she was taking her prisoners to the tower to be locked away and they were off, one of the world's most historic cities flying past their window.

Genevieve didn't even think as she started to hold out her hand for Mathew to take. She even gave it a little squeeze once they left the room happily, even if she was still groggy. As they walked and he brought up the tea set she looked over and grinned at him. "Of course," she didn't even catch the "us" and how it shouldn't have been uttered. All for the same reason she didn't think about holding hands with him.

As they got into the cab, Genevieve mad sure to take the middle seat so Mathew had room. Well relative since she leaned into him quite often to look out the window. When they stopped out front of the Tower of London, she was all excitement again and continued to be for the first picture possed in front of it. She did frown and look up when she felt something wet on her cheek. "Maybe we should finish after our tour?"

Mathew looked up and got a splodge of water on his glasses for his trouble. He took them off as Darline pulled him towards the Tower. They were almost at the door when a man stopped them with a hand out in front of them. "Sorry but you can't go in there, towers closed for the day, come back tomorrow."

Darline blinked as if she had been slapped in the face. "But I need to take pictured for my book... we have a tight schedule...."

"Oh sorry I didn't realize you had a book. Tell you what I hear theres a very nice tower in Pisa. Got a slight slant to it but its a classic... There also one in Paris if you don't mind a swim. Towers closed, no ones getting in today."

Darline looked narked before he gestured to Methew and Gen to get in front of the tower and took out her camera and took a couple of pictures and hid her camera away before the rain arived properly and Genevieve hurried them back towards the waiting taxis.

Several more drops fell from the sky before Darlene had enough photos and ordered them back to the cab. Genevieve was a bit disappointed, but figured making any noise about it would just upset Darlene more so she stayed quiet. She settled next to Mathew and gave him a weak smile.

"Trafalgar Square," Darlene told the cab driver.

Genevieve blinked and looked over at her friend, a slight frown now apparent on her own lips. "Wouldn't it be better to find an activity that's well, indoors?"

"It's just a little rain, besides this time of day there should be more pigeons then people there."

Genevieve did not look convinced but settled back into her seat as they headed for the Square. If she sought Mathew's hand and squeezed it this time, it was definitely due to the undercurrent of stress in the cab. Darlene was obviously frazzled and maybe hadn't gotten enough rest after all.

Mathew leaned against Genevieve and brushed his cheek against hers so softly and so briefly it was questionable if it had happened at all. "Don't worry we'll be back soon enough." he wished he was wearing a jacket to give her but he wasn't...

He was mostly ignoring Darline because he was irritated with her and didn't want to snap, and he was impatient to get back to bed with Genevieve, and that thought surprised him.

Holding her hand tightly he looked out of the window and sighed as they sped along, there were a lot of drops hitting the glass. "I'll get you something hot to drink when we're there.. both of you."

Mathew's words were comforting and Genevieve started to enjoy the drive, even if it was a bit grey out. It wasn't like Lindon was known for its sunny weather, and when Mathew mentioned warm drinks she felt all the better.

When the cab let then out it was a steady rain. Not a down pour, but no one in their right mind would dally. Which is why Genevieve was frowning when Darlene ordered the two of them to pose. "It's raining!"

"Yes it is, so hurry up so I can takes some pictures. Come on smile now."

It was stupid and ridiculous and Genevieve wanted to protest, but she wanted to get out of the weather more so she did what she was told to do and smiled. It wasn't a very convincing smile and Darlene called them out in it. Closing her eyes Genevieve tried to think of something to put a smile on her face when she felt Mathew's hand shift slightly. Opening her eyes she grinned. She was glad it wasn't anyone else beside her.

Mathew wasn't happy to be in the rain, nor was he happy about the pictures but Genevieve's grin made him grin too and he resisted the urge to put his arms around her and stepped away from her drawing her hand out and striking as close to a frozen mid-ballroom dance pose as he could for Darline to take a picture of. "Dance with me in the rain.." he said. "Forget the world and..."

He half pulled her into the steps, stopping only to take off his glasses, they were useless in the rain anyway, and slowly danced with her, it wasn't fast or good, they were both feeling terrible, but it was enjoyable and Darline got her pictures, and before long she was calling them beck and into a cafe where she reminded Mathew he was paying her back since he didn't have anything but dollars on him.

Genevieve was surprised when Mathew pulled away, but couldn't help but smile brightly as he asked her to dance. It was ridiculous to say the least, but even as they were getting wet Genevieve enjoyed herself. She also liked the fact that she got to look at him without his glasses. Not that the glasses didn't suit him, but she always felt like she didn't get to see him completely except in the morning before he put them on.

When they reached the cafe, Genevieve flopped into the chair, barely a ladylike pose, but she was tired and she was wet. "What are we going to do about your teapot?" she asked when Mathew realized he didn't have any British currency. Darlene was gong to have them on a tight schedual, would he have time to convert his money?

Meanwhile a waiter came over to take their order and a few minutes later brought them their tea. At least the English knew their tea. Genevieve took sips while trying to not fidget in her wet garments.

Mathew was looking at Genevieve and watching the rain, his glasses dried and back on his nose as he cradled his mug in his hands. "I could pay Darline back, or see if they'll accept dollars." he said taking her hand the squeezing it so she wouldn't fidget. "I like this tea.." he said sipping. He also like the walk feeling of it slipping down his throat.

He was relaxing, finally, his mind was also drifting. He didn't want to go get a tea set, he didn't want to go anywhere but bed. But Darline would keep them up he was sure he just hoped he wouldn't get sick.

"At least shopping for one will be out of the rain, and fun, I like searching antique shops..."