ARGENT - A Dark Fantasy/Apocalyptic RP

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, thanks for all the positive feedback, everybody!

And indeed, I am interested, RJS!

@RJS
Your lancer very well might've fought him via horseback, considering their both calvarly based characters.
Depends on when this battle happened, timeline-wise. If it was within the last 7 years, then it might have happened. Although, if you read Vaniela she's not a cavalrywoman :P

@Dec I'll try and get something organised tomorrow, my brain is shutting down for tonight.

@RJS Misread it seems, went back and reread. Oops :/
Regardless, She may actually killed Celthrics first horse, causing the two to battle on foot.

Well my redone history is finished. I have an image I plan to use, or rather two, but I can't decide between them, and right now given my terrible lack of sleep I cannot really work with my image editing tools as well as I usually can, in order to improve either image to a level I'm happy with. But none the less will attempt to do so..

Well my redone history is finished. I have an image I plan to use, or rather two, but I can't decide between them, and right now given my terrible lack of sleep I cannot really work with my image editing tools as well as I usually can, in order to improve either image to a level I'm happy with. But none the less will attempt to do so..
Maybe you should consider sleeping pills

Eh. Sleeping pills don't work for everybody.

Take me, for example. I'm on four a night, and I didn't sleep a minute last night. Though, that could've been my frenzy to write.

Maybe you should consider sleeping pills
I'm on some. They aren't working anymore. I was on a higher dosage but it was playing hell with my memory, felt constantly confused. So went on half dosage, worked okay a few weeks, now not at all.

Everything else I took didn't work, or in one case did, but had me seeing some serious shit. Like Werewolves and demon babies trying to grab me from the bloody damn ceiling, pardon the language. Needless to say stopped taking that one pretty damn fast. Going to talk to the doc tomorrow I hope, see what they want to do.

Seen one massive error my editor missed, fixed it..well back to working on the image..

I'm on some. They aren't working anymore. I was on a higher dosage but it was playing hell with my memory, felt constantly confused. So went on half dosage, worked okay a few weeks, now not at all.

Everything else I took didn't work, or in one case did, but had me seeing some serious shit. Like Werewolves and demon babies trying to grab me from the bloody damn ceiling, pardon the language. Needless to say stopped taking that one pretty damn fast. Going to talk to the doc tomorrow I hope, see what they want to do.

Seen one massive error my editor missed, fixed it..well back to working on the image..
I guess your body just got used to them after a while. It's actually a pretty common thing. I too occasionally experience insomnia. During these periods I pretty much tire myself out by taking part in a lot of activities and putting off sleep until night no matter how tired I am. It helps readjust my internal clock. I hope the doctor can help you though, insomnia sucks. And by the way, you should keep vigilant. I hear demon baby attacks are becoming more frequent.

All about findin' your right balance and everything. And like Jhuton said, physical activity can also be a pretty big factor. Not even like, a day's worth of vigorous exercise, maybe just running around the block a few times. It helps a lot of people that I know with the same problems, myself included.

All about findin' your right balance and everything. And like Jhuton said, physical activity can also be a pretty big factor. Not even like, a day's worth of vigorous exercise, maybe just running around the block a few times. It helps a lot of people that I know with the same problems, myself included.
I just read my phone until I pass out. It's not a healthy habit, so don't listen to me.

I'll likely just do a light workout, read something. If that doesn't help back to the higher dose.

And as if I feared the demons, to the annoyance of who I was with at the time, I drew my Kakuri knife and swung at the hands, informing them if they attempted grabbing me, they would draw back bloody nubs. When they got upset with me, I told them to go walk past the were wolves, and I would sit there and not aid them when they were attacked. Good times.

Reactions: Dec
If there's still a spot , I'd love to snag it. I'll start fussing around with a character today.

Well she's done. New image, had someone add a couple scars, can't do it myself, would have added more or a bit differently, but I think that'll do. Did the recoloring myself, which meh.

Anyways didn't sleep much if at all, not sure on that. And the doc isn't in today, the other people are falling over each other not wanting to do anything, or don't seem concerned, so screw em. I'll take two pills tonight, equals my old dosage, I badly need some sleep.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jakers
@Jakers Aight. updated Silyan's CS, added the critters he has currently, and changed out some of the mentions of his brother since Mahariel is no longer making him to join in on this.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jakers
Unless you have already reserved a spot, said something in this interest check, or have PM'ed me about a spot, I'm now closing off ARGENT to new players.

As of now, I believe we're going to have 14 players after Sir Basil gets his sheet down, and I don't think any others are planning to make CS's. This is a perfect amount, as I sort of need an even number for the RP's introduction, and it'll generally be a more kind number to work with. If you were thinking of making a CS and missed your chance, please PM me, and I'll hold a reservation spot for you if a player ever drops out. But, I should also note that if a player's existing character dies, that doesn't automatically kick them out of the RP, and they're free to make another one if they'd like to.

When your character is not on a mission, get into a habit of them interacting within the main base of Argent, or just hanging out. When the OOC comes out, I'll be listing all the areas and facilities within Argent, so you know where to make your character go when they're hanging out there. Don't worry, the actual mission, story, and combat-based stuff will still be 90% of this RP, but mooching around for one or two posts gives everyone a big break after intense scenes and missions, and gives time for characters to reflect on what they've done so far.

And speaking of the OOC, that's coming out tomorrow! I have it all written down and ready to go, and I'm just finishing up some more precise edits. You can all chat, plan collabs, etc. there instead of here, and it'll basically be a big info dump for everything we've done in the RP so far.

~ ~ ~

Also, I'm making a separate thread to store character sheets (and character sheets only) as it's easier to look over them all that way, and easier for players to make edits as they go and look over the current cast if they wish. Please post your character sheets here, in the Character Thread, and edit them there rather than here in the future if you want to make some changes. (@Sir Basil - I understand you're still working on your CS, so post your sheet here on the interest check initially, I can have a look at it to make sure it's ship-shape, and then you can move yours to the Character Thread once it's accepted.)

Oh! Also, if anyone has some player-made content (such as Dec's blog post), I'll be making a section dedicated to it in the OOC. PM me anything of the sort that you've written in your spare time or what have you. This is by no means compulsory, but it can help you get into the shoes of your character and make you a lean, mean, idea-making machine.​

I'm glad everyone's collaborating and getting on so well, some really good writing is/has been produced so far, and I'm more than happy with our already-diverse cast. Thanks to everyone here and those who have shown interest, and after the OOC's released tomorrow, expect an IC release date not too long after that.

Cheers!
-Jakers

Status
Not open for further replies.