ARGENT - A Dark Fantasy/Apocalyptic RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay, time to get started on possible connections then~

@RJS
So, was Vaniela someone of any major importance to the Abblestian army? Or was she just an exceptional frontliner in an army full of them? Sounds more of the soldier-y type or whatever, so I doubt she'd care much about the War Tech Division...unless she does know? Would imagine that her later gear would have come from some special alloys developed by the Division though, to augment her light armor/lance.

@chaosheart13
Seeing how Sam live in da Meadows, and Elodie was also in da Meadows during the corruption shenanigans, would you think they'd know each other? Her father's inventions and her own reproductions of those things would have helped in regards to reconstruction or agriculture and all that, making up for the fact that Sam doesn't really do well with extended usage of his Rewrition for constant labor. Maybe she'd teach him a whole bunch of things in her spare time.

@Jhuton
Since Aridian is supposed to be 'one of the smartest persons in Abbelest, if not the entire continent', was he involved in War Tech as well? Or was he too busy stroking his own ego or protecting his little brother's virginity to chill with a bunch of nerds? XD Would imagine that the Kellar family's steel production would have been useful at least for Garm's division.

@Ananfal
You down for Elodie's dad being one of the targets Lydios assassinated during the Final War? :3

@Lonewolf888978
I feel like too many relationships are friendly nowadays. Let's say that the raid against that particular Abblestian army featured one of the divisions that wielded prototype firearms. Let's say that his father, leading the glorious charge, got blown up in the first salvo. How does that sound for an Elodie connection?

@Dec
Strathmoor Rewrition is interesting. It's also good for testing, cause if a weapon can stop a Strathmoor Rewriter, it sounds like it can stop anything. Do you think a member of the Strathmoor family (or Ungard in particular) would have been used by the War Tech Division to try out all their weapons? Mainly for abusive tests of their melee weapons, the damage of their explosives, and for the stopping power of their firearms? Like, rationally, they wouldn't have, but...

Also, edits now made.

Since Aridian is supposed to be 'one of the smartest persons in Abbelest, if not the entire continent', was he involved in War Tech as well? Or was he too busy stroking his own ego or protecting his little brother's virginity to chill with a bunch of nerds? XD Would imagine that the Kellar family's steel production would have been useful at least for Garm's division.
Well first off, you really have some serious brainstorming power considering it's AM. Kudos for that.

Secondly, Your summary of Aridian killed me XD

And most importantly, Aridian and Elodie's relationship. It's actually very likely that those two would have met at some point during the war. Aridian is a member of what I guess would be considered a noble house. Nobles would no doubt have open invitations to the Queen's Castle, especially since it would have been a busy and bustling period, so it would have been hard for them to miss each other. No doubt Aridian would have made it a part of his duty as an aspiring inventor to see what went on in the war tech division. Aaaaand in addition to that, you made a good point about the whole Garm needing steel. It seems pretty reasonable that these two should know each other. We can iron out the details in PM if you'd like.

Strathmoor Rewrition is interesting. It's also good for testing, cause if a weapon can stop a Strathmoor Rewriter, it sounds like it can stop anything. Do you think a member of the Strathmoor family (or Ungard in particular) would have been used by the War Tech Division to try out all their weapons? Mainly for abusive tests of their melee weapons, the damage of their explosives, and for the stopping power of their firearms? Like, rationally, they wouldn't have, but...
Hm, I shall say that I seriously doubt it. The Strathmoors were a very reclusive house of Abbelest, despite their pride. They didn't deal much with those of other kingdoms, much less lining themselves up for target practice in the pursuit of knowledge, even for money or diplomatic reasons.

In addition, almost(ish) done with that blog post! I'm pretty proud of it so far.

@Ananfal
You down for Elodie's dad being one of the targets Lydios assassinated during the Final War? :3
Yeah, that seems about right. :P Lydlos probably assassinated people on both sides of the war, so don't blame her for losing the war for you. She honestly just doesn't care about that. Feel free to blame her for killing your dad, although she will rightfully point out that someone else probably would have killed him if she didn't, and at least she gave him a clean death.

Hm, I shall say that I seriously doubt it. The Strathmoors were a very reclusive house of Abbelest, despite their pride. They didn't deal much with those of other kingdoms, much less lining themselves up for target practice in the pursuit of knowledge, even for money or diplomatic reasons.

In addition, almost(ish) done with that blog post! I'm pretty proud of it so far.
What if it was worded as something like...

"Men of Strathmoor! Survive the rites of steel and flame, and prove yourselves sturdier than the Keldan scum who quiver beneath the might of glorious Abblestian science! Become the whetstone that sharpens our razor-edge technology!"

But sure, that's fine.

Well first off, you really have some serious brainstorming power considering it's AM. Kudos for that.

Secondly, Your summary of Aridian killed me XD

And most importantly, Aridian and Elodie's relationship. It's actually very likely that those two would have met at some point during the war. Aridian is a member of what I guess would be considered a noble house. Nobles would no doubt have open invitations to the Queen's Castle, especially since it would have been a busy and bustling period, so it would have been hard for them to miss each other. No doubt Aridian would have made it a part of his duty as an aspiring inventor to see what went on in the war tech division. Aaaaand in addition to that, you made a good point about the whole Garm needing steel. It seems pretty reasonable that these two should know each other. We can iron out the details in PM if you'd like.
Mm, sure, though unless Aridian has personal projects that he had been working on during wartime, Elodie probably wouldn't really care too much about him, outside of spewing out countless details. Just shoot me a PM whenever.

Yeah, that seems about right. :P Lydlos probably assassinated people on both sides of the war, so don't blame her for losing the war for you. She honestly just doesn't care about that. Feel free to blame her for killing your dad, although she will rightfully point out that someone else probably would have killed him if she didn't, and at least she gave him a clean death.
It all depends on whether or not Lydios straight up tells Elodie 'yah i kill yo pa'~ Makes for some fun drama, at least~

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DocDec
What if it was worded as something like...

"Men of Strathmoor! Survive the rites of steel and flame, and prove yourselves sturdier than the Keldan scum who quiver beneath the might of glorious Abblestian science! Become the whetstone that sharpens our razor-edge technology!"

But sure, that's fine.
WELL WHEN YOU PUT IT LIKE THAT...

It probably would've worked, but for now I'm gonna have to pass, heh.

It all depends on whether or not Lydios straight up tells Elodie 'yah i kill yo pa'~ Makes for some fun drama, at least~
Well if Elodie ever mentions that her father was killed by an assassin, Lydlos will claim the kill as her own, regardless of whether it's actually hers or not. Reputation means everything for assassins and she'll take every kill she can get. She's also going to be blunt and forthright about it too.

"My father was assassinated."

"Oh, then it was most likely my kill. I was paid quite a lot for him, as far as I remember."

Oh, also, I'd like to add that it isn't because I don't want to, it's mostly just because those of House Strathmoor are very good at weathering injury, but they still wouldn't really run right into it on purpose.

They are still hurt, and still in pain, and still oftentimes die, it just takes a lot longer. They're often heavily deformed and sometimes crippled, as Ungard is proof of, it's just it doesn't affect them as much. They still care about their well-being, though.

Mm, sure, though unless Aridian has personal projects that he had been working on during wartime, Elodie probably wouldn't really care too much about him, outside of spewing out countless details. Just shoot me a PM whenever.
I have some ideas I think are interesting. I'll run them by you and we can decide which ones will fly

Yah, just note that Elodie was 7 when she first came to Abbelest, and the War Tech Division was probably culled maybe...8-10 years after.

Error | IwakuRoleplay.com

WHAM. STORY. Wow, that took longer than I expected. But yeah. A little backstory on Ungard, and a look at a few of the other faces of House Strathmoor. Faces that're probably dead by now, but still.

(Also where Ungard gets his Pincushion special move.)

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
(Also, Jakers, if you read it, feel free to tell me if something is unacceptable within the constraints of the lore or whatnot.)

Working on a replacement for my image, didn't notice at the time it was a redesign of Saber Alter..which just makes my job harder...but whatever. The redone history is complete, but I need an editor, which I may have.. Given my worsening insomnia I may drop from this. Will have a for sure answer within the next two days.

Finding an image from my normal sources, that doesn't cover something already established is proving surprisingly difficult, but meh.

@ERode

Hm, considering Rewrition is rare and that Sam would probably be treated like a celebrity, Elodie would've probably heard of him. It'd be cool if the two of them got together to improve agricultural output. Then again, he might be more focused on the bandits. Eh, well I'm all for the relationship.

@Dec

Just read your blog post/story of your character and HOT DAMN HE'S VICIOUS. Kudos to you for your well written work!

• Thank You
Given Briaes has been out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere for the last few years, I can't imagine she developed much interaction with anybody but a hand-print painted volleyball named Wilson.

WHAM. STORY. Wow, that took longer than I expected. But yeah. A little backstory on Ungard, and a look at a few of the other faces of House Strathmoor. Faces that're probably dead by now, but still.

I can imagine the conversation between Lydlos and Ungard.

"I slit his throat then stabbed him in the chest after breaking his arm and smacking him in the face with my mace."

"Why didn't you just kill him?"

"Uh.."

• Thank You
Kay, time to get started on possible connections then~

@RJS
So, was Vaniela someone of any major importance to the Abblestian army? Or was she just an exceptional frontliner in an army full of them? Sounds more of the soldier-y type or whatever, so I doubt she'd care much about the War Tech Division...unless she does know? Would imagine that her later gear would have come from some special alloys developed by the Division though, to augment her light armor/lance.
She probably wasn't big enough to be getting their goodies - she was just a Captain of a shock force. I was going to have her recognise a firearm based on a prototype presented to her commanding officer by a War Tech person. If you want that to be Elodie, then it's a fleeting connection at best.

I get the feeling Ungard and Vaniela are going to be good firends/murderbuddies. Fancy them having met on the battlefield? Ungard in the middle of a pack of Keldians doing what he does best, with Vaniela and her troops smashing through the lines to support him and help break the big Keldian push?

Would definitely be down with collaborating on a little backstory scenario if you're interested.

• Thank You
That was a really good read. Well written and exceptionally gory. Bravo!

• Thank You
I feel like too many relationships are friendly nowadays. Let's say that the raid against that particular Abblestian army featured one of the divisions that wielded prototype firearms. Let's say that his father, leading the glorious charge, got blown up in the first salvo. How does that sound for an Elodie connection?
@ERode

Agreed, lets get some tension in this party >:)
What you have in mind is awesome, but lets cut his father some slack and actually let him get into battle and cutting some people down before a hole gets blown into him.
Was also actually thinking of writing up a story of the battle, through his fathers perspective.

@RJS
Your lancer very well might've fought him via horseback, considering their both calvarly based characters.
@Jhuton
@EmperorsChosen
@Dec (Loved the story BTW)

Celthric is going to have alotta of bad blood towards Abbelestian people, so don't expect him too be too chummy at first. Don't see anyone have a direct relation ship with him, unless they met on a battle field.

@Ferril

Afraid Celthric would have bad blood towards the Ishian Nomads as well, due to the bad blood between them.

@DustBunny
If I read correctly, he was a mercenary for small settlements? Could be him and Celthric met and one point or another as the Grimdosh attempted to raze it.

@Asuras
Celthrics tribe is from the North as well, and very possible that your huntress came across his tribe. We could hash things out in a PM, if you're interested.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.