• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
  • A military man, Goldlewis sprung up out of slumber the very moment he heard the alarm on his phone going off, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and squinting at the alert as he flipped open his phone, scrambling to find his glasses. Mumbling the message aloud and looking at the timer on his palm, Goldlewis rose to his feet and shook a grumpy Haru awake. Sliding out of bed to silence her blaring phone, the Beauty Thief rubbed her face through her mask and threw on her hat. Although she was missing memories, Haru was certain she had never been in her thief outfit for so long, and it was growing quickly tiresome wearing it as her only outfit. What was she going to do, take her mask off and have Milady hanging around all night?

Nevertheless, once the two of them were reasonably refreshed and ready to go, they stepped out of the motel just to come face-to-face with a sudden space transition. Goldlewis beamed, flipping open his phone to take pictures of the skyline, and the nearby beach, as Haru began to wander forward into town, following behind Minato. Goldlewis was meanwhile doing some casual sightseeing while he followed Leonidas towards the Shrine.
  • Following Minato all the way to the Paulownia Mall, Haru was elated to finally see so much more of Japan. A round trip of the nation from Hokkaido to Kyushu is something she had always dreamed of. . .but not quite like this. Her friends were here, yes! New friends! But the shades of everyone still in the living world still perturbed the young Beauty Thief, and kept her constantly reminded of the fate which brought her here, and of her mission to reverse that fate.

Still. . .a cup of coffee sounded perfect right about now. Flipping her phone open, she sent her closest contacts a message: Headed to the café at Paulownia Mall. Good luck everyone!

@Minerva (GM)

@udon @ThePotatoGod @navihime @FactionGuerrilla (texting)

@Paulownia Mall (Café)
  • Much like he had back in Shibuya, Goldlewis seized the opportunity to do some sightseeing, taking in the town and snapping plenty of pictures while following Leonidas to the Shrine. He rumbled with hearty laughter as he stood in the presence of a small, peaceful shrine in the heart of the concrete jungle, like a misplaced souvenir from the Japanese Colonies. Taking one last picture before stuffing his phone away, he joined Leonidas in searching the Shrine.

@Minerva (GM)

@dark

@Shrine

The Mall

The Cafe

@PlumpyNut @HeartCard @Midle1998 @duskkyy @cafe

The cafe was filled with people going about their day. Salarymen in their finely tailored suits sat talking to each other, students in their school uniform sat typing on their laptops, and a mother tried to quiet her kid. Smooth jazz played over the speakers and the smell of fresh bread and freshly roasted coffee filled the air.

A Barista stood behind the counter, carefully placing pastries into their proper places behind the glass. She had a neutral look on her face, almost focused, as she placed them. As the two approached the counter, she would hold her finger up to indicate "One second." before moving from behind the glass pastry case with a donut wrapped in paper. She made her way over to where sugar and sweetener were stacked and looked at the coffee before announcing "Caffe Americano and Donut for Dawson!" She shouted into the crowd of people.

tumblr_pzq3rljU521vgve33o1_400.jpg

She made her way back to the register and gave a small nod towards the new customers. "Sorry about that. What can I get you?"

@udon @megar @navihime @arcade

Arcade

2811575259_429d61bd8d_o_2v93s3h3e6wz39vz6vs4d0vcsa15bvqpzod0vk4c6hfkj52sfj.jpg

The arcade was dense, with rows of games and claw machines lined up in rows, blinking and showing off. It was an interesting mix of older games, such as OUTRUN, Fix-it Felix, Street Fighter II, and BATTLEZONE, as well as a large collection modern games, such as Tekken 7, Time Crisis 5, and Taiko no Tatsujin, with updated SEGA Claw Machines filled with various bits of merchandise such as a Hatsune Miku figure and Smart Phones. There were people in the arcade, playing the games. An older gentleman in a white suit was focused on a game of OUTRUN, while a young boy in a blue jacket and white shirt focused hard on a shooter game, and yet another man was going ham on one of the DDR Cabinets. However, it would be in the middle of the arcade that was most interesting to the party.

A worker sat kneeling, their head in a cabinet. There was muttering that could be heard from behind the cabinet door. "Now where did I put that stupid wrench." They said in a grumpy tone of voice as the hand shifted over to the toolbox. However, the most notable thing in their hand sitting beside the toolbox would be a keyring with many different types of keys on it.

Accessory shop

@ArabNokiraRingtone @Accessory Shop

There would be a small chime as you entered the shop. It was full of fashionable accessories, such as purses, necklaces, hats, stuffed animals, and even several decorative keys at the end of necklaces. It was a quaint store, but one of the smaller ones in the area. Several customers, primarily teenagers and older women, perused the rows, looking at what was for sale.

As you entered, Shiki would be seen disappearing into the back of the store, however, a chipper young woman stood polishing the glass cabinet containing jewelry, humming as she did so. As you entered the store, she would look up from her work and offer a smile.

dorothea-portrait.png

"Hey! Welcome to Ashen! I'm Dorothea, just let me know if you need help with anything! We're having a sale on Sterling Silver Pendants today, it's buy one, get one half off." She said, giving the store spiel in a chipper voice as she adjusted herself into an upright position. Some J-pop played over the speakers into the store.

@ThePotatoGod @Police Station

Police Station

Entering the Police Station, you would find it quiet for the day and remarkably sterile. Linoleum tile floors and plastic chairs lined the walls, and the entryway smelled of Pine-Sol. A young boy sat drinking a juice box and while some anime played up on a TV in the corner, presumably a lost child.

An older man in a suit, presumably a detective, was standing at the front desk of the station looking over several sheets of paper and talking to the Desk Officer. His suit was a bit dirty, and he had a very professional demeanor despite his casual stance. Upon your entry, he would turn towards the door.

unknown.png

"Anything I can help you with?" He asked calmly.

The Shrine

The Podium

@TheElenaFisher @FactionGuerrilla @Izanagi243 @dark @Podium

Looking closer, there was a carving with a date, "In 1643, Date Shigezane dedicated this temple to Amaterasu." Nearby, the small bubbling sound of water was heard, and the shimenawa stood above. Bird song and the prayers of citizens could be heard. A small school group walked past, attaching charms to their backpacks. It seemed the podium itself wasn't special, but it was nice to have a moment of reflection.

Your reflection would be interrupted by an angry prayer from a nearby young girl. A food stand stood across the street, selling delicious smelling Takoyaki and, surprisingly, hot dogs. Alternatively, the grounds were a lovely walk, and it was a nice day.

The Playground

@marc122 @Playground

unknown.png

The little girl looked up at Pyrrha, and wiped her nose with her sleeve. "My... My parents had another fight..." She said, tears streaming down her cheek. "They... They didn't even notice my grades on my report card, even though I worked so hard..." She sniffled and cried again. "My m-mother also didn't pack lunch so I'm hungry..." She wiped more tears against her coat sleeve.

@ThePotatoGod

Donation Box

Looking inside the box, he would find nothing that looked like a key. Unless you had a penlight, you could barely see through the slot. However, after a minute of checking (and probably touching) the box, a male would come up, quickly and angrily. He tried to make his way between Hiryu and the Donation Box.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What do you think you're doing!?" He demanded in a loud tone. "Don't you know you shouldn't steal from the gods? Not to mention it's a crime! Amaterasu Above, honestly, what are they teaching you kids these days?"

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: thatguyinthestore

@Develius @Rebebebe @Second2Last @cloaked @bluefrostie2 @Qiz @udon @theater

Theater

People hustled and bustled, talking excitedly about the film festival. Various posters lined the walls of the theater, including one for what appeared to be a superhero film of some kind.

unknown.png

When everyone had gotten their tickets and popcorn and found their way to their seats, (conveniently located next to each other,) the lights would dim. The first would be a Sports Drama. It was called Mining Bull, and was about Jotaro Kujo trying to speedrun Minecraft despite the greatest odds against him. It was a real tearjerker about an Underdog overcoming the odds.

Once that film was over, there would be a brief intermission before the next film, allowing you to go somewhere else, or keep watching films, as there seemed to be several more. Looking at the next one, it appeared to be a Science Fiction film...

• Creative
Reactions: Qiz
A bright smile stretched across Haru's grumpy face as she walked into the noisy café and took a deep breath, the sweet smell of fresh bread mixing like sugar into the powerful aroma of newly brewed coffee. And although the crowd appeared shapeless and faceless to her, the ambience it created comforted her nonetheless - it was something she had grown to love as she stepped out of her father's shadow and out of her shell. Walking right up to the barista, the Beauty Thief spent no time browsing the menu. "I'll have a large double-double and a cup of the house blend please!" she ordered right away.

@Minerva (GM)

@HeartCard @Midle1998 @duskkyy (nearby)

@Paulownia Mall (café)

Train Station

@Rebebebe @FactionGuerrilla @PolikShadowbliss @dark @Train Station

The station attendant sighed. This was a fairly common occurrence, though usually it was angry drunks in the tail end of the evening. He leaned into the microphone. "Sir, I understand you're upset, but those were the last trains out." He said, putting his fingers on the bridge of his nose.

Meanwhile, with three different people trying to stop him, Beat would react a bit harshly. "Hey! Don't touch me, Yo!" He shouted, swinging his arm. "I was told that there were trains running, and this dude's here tryin' to gaslight me!" He gestiuculated.

When Sadie would trie to calm him, he would do so. He would rub his shoulder. "Uh, sorry, I got a bit wound up there. I'm just tryin' to get back home, ya know?" He said.

unknown.png

Unfortunately, Sadie's bluff towards the bored station attendant pretending they were family didn't seem to work, but he didn't seem to care either way.

"Schedule and destination board's behind you." The station attendant said, pointing. He looked at his watch, a bored look on his face. "Next train's a commuter with a stop at the mall, should be here in fifteen minutes if you're willing to wait." He flipped a page in the magazine he was reading and yawned. "Finally, there's a newsstand over there while you wait."

Investigation

@megar @RingoRoadgain @Ciscodog

Looking around the station, they would find that the bathrooms were also closed for maintenance. However, there was a janitor's closet piled with chemicals and tools, but no rings. Beyond that, there seemed to be nothing of import. Through the glass of the station attendant's window, a key-ring could be seen hanging up on the wall behind him.

--Hiryu Kakogawa--
1.png

Interaction: @Minerva @ShrineGang

"Mmm...Can't see shit. I should probably just skip the looking part altogether and just..." Hiryu clicked his tongue as he lifted his Anotherwatch. Just as he was about to press the crown and transform, a random old man who's probably the priest of the area. "Sorry, old man, I kinda accidentally dropped a thing in there that's definitely not a donation a good few hours ago--it's my dorm key." Hiryu attempted to lie to the man, knowing that he probably won't buy it. After all, he wouldn't buy that excuse either, but let's see how stupid this old man is--

W a i t a f u c k i n g m i n u t e .

Shrines are like, public places right? How the hell could this old man see him? Is he also dead?!

With a raised brow, Hiryu listened to the Old man's answer, hand still on his Anotherwatch, ready to just break the damn box as an Another Rider. Hell, maybe as Another Fourze, he could just use its Magnet tool to just yank some shit out of it.

Last edited:
minakoheaderfinal.png

Interaction: @Minerva @SMPopo

Minako admired the look of the police station first. Seeing that this might be the police station she would be going for in case she lost some stuff, might as well get familiar with it.

She found herself staring at the presumbly young boy when the officer in charge spoke up. An man much older than her, with long hair, a goatee and glasses. His suit was dirty, but he still looks and feels like a respectable police officer.

"
Hi, yes, I'm looking for a key with a...Skull charm on it?" Minako asked, guessing what the Reapers Keys would look like. "I kinda dropped them somewhere." She scratched the back of her head. Hopefully her charm is high enough for her bullshit to go through.

Last edited:
Chariot
CHARACTER SHEET

Physical: Fine
Mental: Fine (tired)
CURRENT LOCATION: Paulownia Mall (Cafe)

The atmosphere of the cafe proceeded to sink in as soon as she went through the doors. It was just as busy in here as it was outside - as much as she hoped it wasn't - but this was... a place and a half. The simple yet relaxing sound of the jazz in the background, coupled with the scents of both bread and coffee littering the air of the whole cafe. It was not much, really, but it was strong - and Chariot couldn't help but smile. "Can't say I expected to say this but why do these places always seem so relaxed?" Chariot blurted aloud - in confusion at fist, before that smile took over - transitioning into amazement. "...I think I can get used to this-"

"Caffe Americano and donut for Dawson!"

Cue the shock from the sudden call out to the crowd in the cafe, to which Chariot briefly covered both her ears with both of her hands. There goes that idea, huh? It's busy enough to warrant a loud call across the cafe, looking for whoever wanted what... That said, when the noise finally left her head, and after she heard the barista speak up once more - not just to her, but to the others who had joined her (all three of whom she has yet to properly meet) - and remained silent at the question... does she even want anything? It would help wake her up a little, she thinks, but she can't really stay here the whole time... but seeing as she's here... "Can I just have, uh... just a regular, I guess? I'm not too sure to be honest and I'm sorry in advance..." Chariot spoke meekly, not seeming as confident as she could have been. The simplest reason for this is inexperience dealing with people - because why would there be shops and places like this considering where 'she' comes from, where she's just used to treating total strangers as threats. As she tried to figuratively pull herself together, she tried to get a brief look around to see if there was anything else in here that stood out for one reason or the other - if there was anything atall.

@Minerva (GM, mentioned), @PlumpyNut (nearby, mentioned), @Midle1998 (nearby, mentioned), @duskkyy (nearby, mentioned)

latest-cb-20211205125637-png.225352
Claudio's eyes light up with joy as he jumps up from the bed "Oh for sure! No doubt you're gonna love it around here!" Claudio puts an arm around Rory's shoulder and and guides him out their room towards the hotel entrance. He honestly couldn't make any promises given that he doesn't even know where exactly they are. Sure it looked like urban Japan but it doesn't mean it was."Okay, first thing you need to know about Japan is that it can get pretty a little crowded. There's more alleyways than than there are holes in an anthill, so it can get very easy to get lost, but don't you worry! You're homie, Claudio has you cove-" Claudio realizes the city looks different than before. It's still modern but it was still different all the same. The aesthetic was different. Before then, everything had a white and grey color pattern going on. Now it all just looked....Normal. "Huh...I could've sworn everything looked different than this...But I'm too hungry to question it. Let's hit up that mall over there!" Claudio points to the Paulowina Mall "Everyone knows that when there's a mall, there's the succulent paradise known as 'The Food Court'!" Claudio remarks with an impish smile as he guides Rory towards that direction until they enter the cafe "You smell that, Rory?" Claudio takes a long sniff before coughing "Smells like...Quality...!" Claduio puts on his best smile
@duskkyy @HeartCard @PlumpyNut @Minerva

Reactions: duskkyy and Qiz

Pyrrha Nikos

The Sympathetic One

pyrrha.png

#C80034 = Speech
AURA LEVELS

Inventory:
  • Miló
  • Akoúo
  • Scroll
  • Old flip phone
  • Player Pin

Interactions
(Location: Playground, Naganaki Shrine)
@Minerva (GM, Child), @Celestial Speck (Umbra)

If I cannot calm her down, then my group and I will have to face against a Noise. If that happens, we would have more problems than to just find that key.

So her parents fight... Unfortunately, that is one of the unfortunate realities that sometimes we just cannot escape. I had good parents -- and I'm fortunate enough that I did -- but some just aren't so lucky. Here, she worked so hard for her grades, but they didn't get noticed, plus she's hungry. I'm sure they were good, right?

...That's it, if she worked so hard for her grades and she was proud of them, then that's a great accomplishment a child could have! And frankly speaking, I had to work really hard for them myself...

"I'm sure you got the best grades, right? If so, that's a big goal that you managed by yourself right there!"

Is there anywhere to eat?

Last edited:
Rey sighed as the situation was resolved, maybe with or without her help, she didn't know. the man didn't seem to be bothered by the mind trick she pulled off. She listened to the bored man speak, something piquing in her mind.

Then returned to her small group of two.

"there is a train in fifteen minutes, think the key is in the train?"

She couldn't help but feel that they might not find the key in time.

@dark @FactionParadox @Minerva

Baraggan_louisenbairn_human.png

Baraggan Louisenbairn

The walk to the only noteworthy part of this bleak landscape took longer than expected, Baraggan could have simply used Sonído to appear instantly. But would showing the extent of his powers be a smart move with those two fallowing beside them? Regardless there was nothing to be found when they arrived, expect for one unexpected visitor.
"You three are the first of the erased, I presume?"
He appeared without warning, not even an indication of his spiritual pressure...if his almost corporal state even allowed for such. He knew of their presumed "eraser" The young man introduced himself as Alvis as Baraggan keeps his guard up, given his almost eternal looking arua. Who is to say he's involved with their current circumstances.
"If you continue heading straight in this direction, you should come across a tavern. There, you shall find respite. I'm afraid that I can not share anything more."
And thus the only bit of information gain so far. A potential place of respite from this bleak landscape, as much as a tavern would provide. The next moment, he ends up vanishing the moment he went out of sight. It was he ether took those words at heart or a walk through endless oblivion. There where also the two ant's in tow, hard to say if they were simply complacent or perhaps they where truly glad that someone of this group was taking decisive action. None the less, it was time to move on.

"Let us continue forward to this so called "respite" of his. "

And so they moved.

@Jeff_Jones @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva

Baraggan_louisenbairn_human.png

Baraggan Louisenbairn

The walk to the only noteworthy part of this bleak landscape took longer than expected, Baraggan could have simply used Sonído to appear instantly. But would showing the extent of his powers be a smart move with those two fallowing beside them? Regardless there was nothing to be found when they arrived, expect for one unexpected visitor.
"You three are the first of the erased, I presume?"
He appeared without warning, not even an indication of his spiritual pressure...if his almost corporal state even allowed for such. He knew of their presumed "eraser" The young man introduced himself as Alvis as Baraggan keeps his guard up, given his almost eternal looking arua. Who is to say he's involved with their current circumstances.
"If you continue heading straight in this direction, you should come across a tavern. There, you shall find respite. I'm afraid that I can not share anything more."
And thus the only bit of information gain so far. A potential place of respite from this bleak landscape, as much as a tavern would provide. The next moment, he ends up vanishing the moment he went out of sight. It was he ether took those words at heart or a walk through endless oblivion. There where also the two ant's in tow, hard to say if they were simply complacent or perhaps they where truly glad that someone of this group was taking decisive action. None the less, it was time to move on.

"Let us continue forward to this so called "respite" of his. "

And so they moved.

@Jeff_Jones @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva
Odessa was hanging out in the distance all this time and as such, was not noticed by the group. As she had suspected being erased was an empty threat. It was just a trip to yet another layer of the afterlife.

Bloody hell.

She stayed quite a distance away but keeping in step with the rest.

But she did hum loudly, hopefully reminding everyone she was bloody here.

@Jeff_Jones @LuckycoolHawk9 @Laix_lake @Minerva

@second afterlife squad!

c934ad04519eb0cd4a15081c420ca39d.gif

1645616823069.png
  • As glad as he was to see another member of his team, even if it was one that he admittedly didn't understand, it seemed like that they weren't going to have too much time to talk. The phone in his pocket began to buzz once more, signaling that they'd been given another command. "Gah, can't they give us a single moment of peace?- Ah well, looks like we'll have to catch up later mate." Tavish let out a breif sigh, placing a hand on the Pyro's shoulder before getting ready to leave the sports bar. Admittedly, he wished he hadn't broken his bottle in the bar fight, seeing as it was probably his least lethal weapon--besides his fists of course. Well, no use mourning over shards of broken glass. He'll probably find another one somewhere, seeing as he always does.

As all groups reconverged at scramble crossing, it became clear with some squinting that some of the players present still had their timers...and the bloody things had reached zero. The Demoman didn't think too much of it, assuming that perhaps they had just failed to do the task they were set, if they had even tried at all. Granted, it didn't take very long for the consequences of the timer reaching zero to catch up with them all, in the form of two reapers. Tavish's brow furrowed at their arrvial, already guessing that they were nothing but trouble. But then. they raised their hands...swiftly taking care of any whom had failed to complete the task in time. Oh cripe.
    "What the hell--You're a bunch of Devils, yer bloody-"

But of course, it was already too late. Not like screaming at them would've done anything anyways...It was a vile thing to see those around them completely erased, unable to fight back. But at the same time, it was a reminder that faliure here? Wasn't much of an option. Tavish wasn't exactly looking to end up like that, having seen just what would happen to them if they lost this 'game.' Well, whatever the case, it seemed like they weren't going to stick around for much longer. At leat someone had good news for them. With hearing that Mr. H had gone and booked them all into a motel, The Demoman perked up, if only slightly.

The sound of having a bed to sleep on this time, instead of being left to his own devices sounded great. A good step up from sleeping on a bench at the least in the middle of god knows where. And with the down time it gave them, maybe he'd be able to catch up with Pyro, if only a little bit. When they were finaly free to do what they pleased, Tavish promptly headed for the room, aiming to get some sleep, after trying to catch up with the only member of his team present of course.
  • Regardless of what had transpired the day before, it took Tavish a moment to fully wake up, as per usual. It was to be expected seeing as even if he didn't have a bottle nearby, he was inexplicably always drunk in one way or the other. God forbid he go sober though, or eat and or drink anything without some form of alcohol. I'm sure he'd like to keep his liver as close to him as possible. The alarms certainly helped at least, rather than letting the buzzing phones be the thing to snap him awake, granted he was still rather tired when they all finally reconverged in the lobby, but that didn't really matter.

The Demoman gave a breif yawn, swiftly interrupted by his phone, as were the others present, prompting him to take it out once again to view whatever task it was they'd gone and set. At a first glance, the mention of Iwatodai simply slipped past, causing him to not even bat an eye at first. Though Shinjiro's suspicion at the name in question did cause him to think ever so slightly. Aye, wait a minute. That wasn't right, was it? Tavish simply watched as Shinjiro walked towards the door, revealing that they were infact, not in shibuya anymore. Great, somewhere else he didn't really recognize. At least they were given another map...

The sudden burning feeling in his palm certainly woke him up if he wasn't awake enough already, signalling that it was probably time to get off his ass and figure out exactly where he was going. At least the time limit was a lot more linient this time around, compared to the 6 hours they were given yesterday. Maybe the time'll be put to better use than starting an all out bar brawl. The real question now was where he was going, pulling his phone back up, Tavish took another glance down at the map they were given. Hmm, the Iwatodai Movie Theater sounded like a better time than the sports bar from yesterday...Maybe it's worth a shot.

"Aye, guess that'll be where im headed then."
    After a bit more contemplation, including the idea of maybe stopping to pick up a drink on the way there--gotta start the day out right, Tavish finally set off for the Movie Theater. With the help of the map they'd been provided with, it didn't take him too long to find exactly where he was heading. But of course, it had seemed that others had managed to arrive before him, as per usual. If anything, there seemed to be a handful of familiar faces present from yesterday's events. Notably Jotaro and Meta knight. They'd been the ones to have cracked the riddle they were given at that damned bar. Maybe it was a good thing to run into them again? He'd at least approach the line, hoping to slip in with the rest of them...seeing as he probably didn't have much money on hand.

Chapter 2 Mentions
@Minerva [GM] @udon [Mentioned] @Rebebebe [Mentioned] @Theater gang​

The Mall

Cafe

@PlumpyNut @HeartCard @Midle1998 @Cafe

"Right, a large double-double, the House Blend, and a regular coffee." The barista nodded, marking down something on cups quickly. She then placed the cups under some mixers, putting in sugar and cream, and allowing them to work automatically. It was almost like she was working magic. Finally, she handed off the coffee. "Can I get you any pastries? We're having a special on croissants and Danishes."

Looking around the cafe, there would really be nothing of note besides the odd phone buzzing or quiet talk about corporate busywork.

Police Station

@ThePotatoGod @Police Station

unknown.png

"I see. I haven't seen any keys like that." The man in the suit turned to the desk officer. "I'm sure the lost and found might have something like that."

The desk officer nodded and the detective stopped leaning and put down the papers. "Follow me." He said, a hint of tiredness in his voice.. "I'll take you to the lost and found."

Shrine

Playground

@marc122 @Celestial Speck @Playground

The little girl sniffled again and wiped some tears from her eyes. "Y-yeah..." She said. "I worked really, really hard." This would be followed by her stomach grumbling. "My parents used to take me out when I would get good grades... We would go to the park and get Takoyaki together, but now it seems all they do is fight..." She started tearing up and sniffling again.

Pyrrha would recall seeing a food cart just outside of the Shrine, selling several kinds of street foods, but most prominently Takoyaki.

Donation Box

@ThePotatoGod @Donation Box

The man appeared confused. He raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms. "What are you talking about? I'm right here in front of you, aren't I?" He said, a bit annoyed. "Now put that thing away before the priest, or worse, a cop, notices. I can get the priest, and he can unlock the box to see if your key is in there, alright?" He gestured towards the table upon which the Donation Box usually sat, and then towards the temple doors themselves.

Train Station

@megar @RingoRoadgain @Rebebebe @FactionGuerrilla @PolikShadowbliss @dark @Ciscodog @Train Station

It seemed things had quieted down, and now all you needed to do was wait for the train. As you waited around the station platform, however, five Noise attacked. It seemed the commotion caused by the boy earlier had brought the attention of Noise to the area. The Station Attendant seemed unfazed, as he was still alive, and thus unaware of the threat around him. Two Easterravens swooped down from above with a caw, and a Garage Wolf flanked by two Jungle Boomers.

unknown.png

The blonde boy reacted and shot into action. "Woah, what the hell, yo! First the trains are late and now this!?" He said, getting into a position to fight.

Theater

@Develius @Rebebebe @Second2Last @cloaked @bluefrostie2 @Qiz @udon @XeroUltra

The crowd was so thick between audiences of Kamoshidaman and the Short Film festival allowing Demoman to sneak into the theater. When he arrived, it was playing a workplace comedy, following him of all people! It was about how sometimes, work sucks and the other company gets the better of you,

You win some, you lose some.

• minakoheaderfinal.png

Interaction: @Minerva @SMPopo

"Thank you, sir!" Minako smiled as the man was willing to actually take her to the lost and found to see if they actually found any keys--maybe the keys for the Reaper's game if she's lucky enough. She followed the officer to the lost and found box, hoping to find the key she was looking for.

• Interaction: @Minerva

". . ." Hiryu remained silent as he pocketed the Anotherwatch, though he still didn't let go of it. Something was up, but if it gets him the key, then good for him and everyone involved. He stepped back as he let the man hit up the priest. Though he knew that something might force him to use his watch.

Rey instinctively brought out their lightsaber, activating it with it's familiar ignation sound, and turned toward the man.

"wait, you can see them!? Ah well, time to use my lightsabbbbbber!"

She said, slicing and dicing at the smaller Noise.

@Minerva @dark @FactionParadox

Last edited:

Pyrrha Nikos

The Sympathetic One

pyrrha.png

#C80034 = Speech
AURA LEVELS

Inventory:
  • Miló
  • Akoúo
  • Scroll
  • Old flip phone
  • Player Pin

Interactions
(Location: Playground, Naganaki Shrine)
@Minerva (GM, Child), @Celestial Speck (Umbra)

So her parents weren't always fighting like that, but used to be good? And they would take her out to the park for Takoyaki...

"I... I'm sorry to hear of it. I wish I could do more than to take you out for food.

I hope you can understand."

Now, where were we? Right, I could've sworn I saw a food cart selling many kinds of food, one of which included a food from my...time in Mistral...that's it! There is food that I can take her out to, but...are they going to accept Lien? From the looks of it, they take a different currency here than the Lien, so it looks like they might not take it after all. But...that assumes I even brought any Lien with me. Wait, did I--

Oh no, I didn't. Well, at least there's still the journey before our destination and all. Both here, this whole...whole 'game', and my Sanctum years... And speaking of this 'Reaper's Game', it's unfortunate, but inevitable that I will have to continue my search for the key. I don't know how to explain that to the poor little girl, but if I do, I can only hope she can understand. After all, I won't be able to get to my family anymore should we fail to grab it. Even worse, there's only like three keys out of our four destinations, so if there's no key, we might have to make a run to somewhere else.

And I hope it won't have to come to that.

I wonder what my parents are doing back home... And I wonder what our team is doing back at the Shrine.

Now, let's take her out for some food... Shoot, does she have money? I'm gonna have to ask her.

"Do you have money on you, by the way?"

Last edited:
  • ARCRIFT:\S096> ERROR: SEGADOR S096-31-3151 NOT DETECTED
    ...\SERAPH-096 Eurielle>
    ...\REPORT>

...S096\REPORT>

When Juri arrived at the Iwatodai Movie Theater, she was met with a considerable line formed outside the venue, awaiting entry. Multiple signs, banners, posters, and digital displays advertised a "Short Film Festival", which Juri deduced to be one of the reasons for the number of people here. It must have been one of those events humans often participated in, but it couldn't have coincided at a worse time. All these people meant that even if the Players could pay the admission fee and enter the theater, they'd have to contend with dozens of noncombatants.

Despite what Juri had impressed upon everyone the previous day, she was not bloodthirsty nor did she ever believe to have used excessive force. The SERAPH was more than capable of positive target identification and appropriate force usage…based on standard operating procedures, of course. Now that she solidified her rules of engagement, she could fight within the bounds of those rules. However, the main problem was not her hurting civilians or even hostiles hurting civilians; it was being able to find a single key among all these people.

Following the advice of a paranaturalist in white, a masked medicine ball and a belly dancer appeared to be enough to persuade the receptionist to grant them entry. Juri supposed that the myth that underpaid workers in menial jobs will take any opportunity to make a quick profit had truth to it…and this attendant certainly earned a fortune today in yen and precious gems.

Seeing how Juri carried no physical representation of currency with her, she simply walked into the establishment as if she belonged. She was banking on the fact that these underpaid teenagers didn't find stopping a supersoldier in almost 8 feet and half a ton of power armor worth their lives. To sell the intimidation, if someone looked towards her way with any doubt, her hand would hover over the handle of the PDW mounted on her thigh and give them a long hard stare with her cold, gleaming transparent-carbon visor.

Once inside, Juri was surprisingly led to a screening of "sports drama" named Mining Bul. It was oddly captivating, and even when she made efforts to leave, she'd only be met with comments of derision and thrown concessions. Though that was hardly a distraction, all the people pouring in meant that she wouldn't be able to exit without crushing any noncombatants. And so, the SERAPH beared with the movie. With all the cramped seeing unfit for a HARM Suit, Juri took up a total of four seats split between two rows as she patiently waited for the movie to end.

When the intermission finally came around, Juri immediately exited the screening room and began the search for the key in a more open area. While she searched the concessions stand, lobby, and restrooms, she let her triage drones scout out the remaining theaters, which shouldn't disturb the movie watchers as much as Juri, with their smaller size and lower profile. Along the way, Juri would be asking people some variation of: "Excuse me, darling. Have you seen my key? I think I dropped it somewhere around here."

• ARCRIFT:\S096> ERROR: SEGADOR S096-31-3151 NOT DETECTED
    ...\SERAPH-096 Eurielle>
    ...\LOGISTICS>

...S096\...\LOCATION>

Iwatodai Movie Theater, Iwatodai City, Japan

...S096\...\CONDITION>

Physical: Optimal
    Mental: Searching

...S096\...\INTERACTIONS>

@Minerva (GM)

...S096\...\MENTIONS>

@Second2Last (Shantae/Lilith)
    @udon (Jotaro Kujo)
    @Rebebebe (Meta Knight)

...S096\...\VICINITY>

@Second2Last (Shantae/Lilith)
    @bluefrostie2 (Emerl)
    @XeroUltra (DemoMan)

@IwatodaiMovieTheater

...S096\...\ID COLOR>

#51BD8C

...S096\...\EQUIPMENT>

• Seraph KR-E46 "Eurielle" PDW x2 + Appropriate Ammunition
    • Seraph LR-A320m "Auriel" DMR + Appropriate Ammunition
    • AXCLPS Mark VI Medium HARM Suit
      -MK-R40 "Reiiel" 40mm Tactical Grenade Launcher
      -FM-720 'Yasariah' Automatic Grenade Launcher [Detached, Currently Tracking]
      -HP-V5-CLWS "Veheul" CLWS​
    • HARM-Grade J/MBLE Kit - ParaMedic Config
    • Sentient AI "Aceso"
    • Sol Type-4 "Messiah" Triage Drones x2
    • SYSTEM ERROR: UNIDENTIFIED DEVICE: Flip Phone
    • SYSTEM ERROR: UNIDENTIFIED PARANATURAL ITEM: Player Pin

>RETURN TO PROFILE

3CvW0bE.png

Mentions:
@Qiz (Juri), @udon (Jotato Kujo), @Rebebebe (Meta Knight), @Second2Last (Shantae & Lilith), @bluefrostie2 (Emerl), (Anyone at Movie Theater)

Despite Samus' concerns, it would seem that Meta Knight would be the one responsible for paying all their tickets thanks to a special pin he had. Or at least that was what she thought. As she glanced towards the entrance, the bounty hunter saw Juri strolling right on in as if she'd already paid her fare. Samus hesitated in joining right away, however she quickly remembered her experience within the clothing shop. Her head cocked to the side with an audible sigh; guess she was going to follow in. She strolled alongside a large crowd of people, matching their footsteps in unison towards the entrance.

Miraculously, she would get in without being noticed at all. No security alarms, no guards, just amounting to what was essentially a free entry. Samus didn't even feel that sneaky going in either. It was weird... oddly suspicious even. But at this point she wasn't going to question this further.

She felt the crowd pushing her into one of the theaters that was showing a "sports drama" film. Something about Bull's Mining; though she wouldn't get a good look as she was shepherded into the seating area. She'd sit a few rows up from where Juri sat, with her massive armored frame taking up a considerable view from the unfortunate people sitting in the few rows behind her. Samus thought she saw Jotaro, Meta Knight, and the others getting to their seat but wouldn't see where they sat.

And so the bounty hunter watched... the movie was weird. Not her tastes but was relatively entertaining. The main protagonist looked and sounded SUSPICIOUSLY like a younger Jotaro. Coincidental? She couldn't quite tell.

3.4 Stars out of 5.

Once they went into intermission, Samus proceeded to search high and low for any signs of the key in question. Her armored partner had a good idea; sending out drones to scout out where she couldn't. The crowd was again, strangely not bothered by their presence but whatever worked, worked. As the bounty hunter began searching the restrooms and concessions, she quickly thought of an idea. Her eyes darted through the crowd with breakneck speed, scanning for her targets...

Perhaps a janitor had a bunch of keys on him for entering the various rooms?