• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

envogue

Rotten and Delicious
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. One post per day
  4. 1-3 posts per week
  5. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
Click me for OOC

Plot
The premise is that the emperor, who has been quite ill for some time, is the last remaining member of his family and is now looking for a successor to the throne. Traditionally the emperor would have had plenty of heirs to choose from, but he was unable to conceive a child. He made a royal proclamation in the capital city that anyone who brings him the heart of Kiyohime - a dragon of legend that is said to slumber deep within Kane Mountain - will take over as Emperor or Empress when he dies.

The proclamation spread near and far, attracting people from all over the country who were eager for a shot at a better way of life. News that big couldn't stay within humans ears for long, as it also drew in demons and other creatures who were desperate to rule the most prosperous kingdom in the lands. The emperors proclamation is not without fault. Many people gather to protest the proclamation, for waking up the dragon would spell doom. Only the ones who were truly brave would make the journey up to Kane mountain.

However, when the dragon awakens it sets off a chain of catastrophic events, and everyone would find that the protesters were right. A cloud of darkness seems to cover the land, and the attacks from demons and evil humans seem to be on the rise. Now that the veil has been lifted off of the dragon and it's servants, the only way to end the chaos is to defeat it once and for all.

The Roleplay
The story begins after the royal proclamation has been made, but before the veil has been lifted from Kane mountain. Your characters will be making their way up to the dragon to kill it, but it won't be that easy. There will be tons of bloodshed, and many lives will have been lost during the fight. Our characters will be the survivors of said battle, and at that point the adventure begins, as they search for a way to slay Kiyohime and in the process, saving the world.

For this roleplay, I'd want around six new players, not including myself and my partner. Your character should be interesting and multifaceted, being that they survived the battle with Kiyohime. They could have survived it due to their brain or brawn, doesn't particularly matter to me. I'm hoping to build a cast of diverse characters, with a somewhat even number of male and female characters. Mainly looking for people that can write several paragraphs on average, are very comfortable adding to the story and creating their own. As the journey goes on I'd want your characters to grow and develop new skills, which I love to do different arcs and will be throwing in things to test your characters to the limit.

Ideally, I'd like our characters to band together for the greater cause, though still each one maintains their individuality and goals for becoming the ruler. Your character can be either good or bad, or neither. I don't mind if one or two characters has no interest in being the emperor and they somehow they just got tossed into the mix.

Also, this roleplay will not be historically accurate. Think of Feudal Japan as a template for the roleplay, you don't need to know a ton about. I definitely don't. :)

Lemme know if ya interested. I'll work on an OOC once I get a few people. Also, share any character ideas you may have and questions!

[Appearance]
(Anime pictures or detailed description only.)

Name:

Nationality:

Sexual Orientation:

Height:

Weight:

Hair Color:

Eye Color:

Occupation

Primary Weapon:

Secondary Weapon:

Skills:
(Give brief descriptions for any notable skills or special abilities your character may have. Try not to be too OP. 5 Skills max)

Descriptive Personality:
[At least three sentences.]

Dislikes:

Talents:
(Non combative only)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
(At least 3)

Character Bio:
[At least Five Sentences.]

Sample Post:
(At least six sentences of your character doing anything.)

Last edited:
With Ninja comes smoke and teleporting based powers so everyone knows.

And if anyone wants to PM me their backstory instead of sharing it you're more than welcome to. :D

[Appearance]
A broad and muscular man, Brutus is built like a brick wall. Broad set shoulders, a thick neck, and square jaw are his most defining features. His back is covered in scars from lashings and his chest is a patchwork of various scars, cuts, and bruises. His nose is crooked from being broken several times and the left side of his mouth has an upturned scar from an old battle, giving him the appearance of a permanent sneer. His feet are calloused to the point of unfeeling from being barefoot most of his life and his legs and arms are thick with muscle. Brutus has a thick unkempt beard that hides a long scar across his neck from an assassin's attempted slashing of his throat. He habitually keeps his hair short to the point of almost being bald. His skin is a light tan from fighting under the sun and his teeth are slightly yellowed from his diet of meat and alcohol.

Name: Brutus Armano

Nationality: Empire of Ruman

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Height: 6 feet 6 inches

Weight: 250 pounds

Hair Color: brown

Eye Color: green

Primary Weapon: Two Handed Battle Axe
cabrera__s_battleaxe_by_julienjulien.png

Secondary Weapon: One handed Holy Mace
102e9f4c276dc492bfe0ff307712f773.jpg

Skills:
Thick Skin: Years of fighting in nothing but cloth and suffering from the ringmasters whips have made Brutus' skin to the consistency of light armor, granting him extra resistance against pain.
Inner Peace: Having spent his time devoting himself to the study of life and tranquility to calm his anger and rage. Brutus is immune to enraging effects and keeps himself focused and calm in battle.
Purifying Fire: Once a day, Brutus can call upon the celestial masters to swath his weapons in holy fire, making them extra effective against any form of evil or undead.
Heavy Weapon Proficiency: Brutus' preferred weapons in a fight are those that are heavy and slow but pack a punch. These include Battleaxes, Mauls, and one handed maces.

Descriptive Personality:
Originally an almost feral and beastly man, after Brutus escaped from the Empire he joined a small order of monks in the mountains on the border of the empire and found his inner peace. While he is now a monk, he still enjoys such things as alcohol, a strong opponent, and good food. He tries to offset his fearsome appearance with a kind and humble attitude while preaching the teachings of his adopted order. He tries to understand these that are different from himself and and will only use violence in self defense or in the defense of others

Good food
Strong alcohol
Compassionate people
Peaceful solutions to problems

Dislikes:
Cruel leaders
Overbearing people
Violent solutions to problems
Any nobility from the Empire of Armano
People who act first and think later

Talents:
Herbal Remedies: Learning from the monks, Brutus has learned which herbs are both nutritious and have healing properties. Allowing him to make simple salves and a calming tea.
Meditation: Brutus can enter a trance like state and remain in that state for extended periods of time, allowing him to fast or pass time without needing food or water.
Combat Study: The longer Brutus fights someone, the stronger he becomes. From the beginning of the fight, Brutus is studying his opponents moves. This makes him a deadly fighter one on one but not that great when fighting in groups.

Strengths:
Brute strength
His calm mind
Alcohol tolerance
Resistance to pain

Weaknesses:
Slow movement
Ranged weapon defense
No magical aptitude

Character Bio:
Born in the Empire of Armano, Brutus was given up to the orphanage at birth. Spending his childhood in the orphanage, Brutus led a fairly peaceful life. Upon coming of age, Brutus left the orphanage and went to work for a blacksmith. For several years, Brutus worked with the city blacksmith until one fateful day. In the middle of the night, someone stole all the coin from the shop's lockbox. Brutus was immediately accused of the crime. Angry at his wrongful conviction, Brutus fought with the local guards and severely injured several of them. A local slave owner saw the potential in Brutus and immediately bought him from the jail. The owner took Brutus to the capitol of the empire and began a brutal training regimen to turn Brutus into a gladiator. With nothing to live for and anger fueling his rage, Brutus quickly rose up the ranks of the Colosseum over the years, eventually becoming a fan favorite. Known for his brutality and bloody fights, Brutus eventually won his freedom after almost a decade of fighting.
Now a free man and with nothing to live for, Brutus traveled east towards the mountains. There he came upon a monk beset by bandits. Killing the bandits, Brutus was stopped by the monk and offered a place to stay in the monastery. The monk was an elder and took Brutus under his wing, teaching him everything he knew about the universe, cosmic powers, and path to enlightenment. Brutus quickly took on the role of the guardian of the monastery, defending it from wild animals, bandits, and other dangers. But eventually Brutus became restless and the elder saw the need for Brutus to find his destiny. Hearing of the challenge set forth of the emperor of the neighboring kingdom to the east, the elder sent Brutus to find his destiny and spread the message of peace and enlightenment along his way.

Sample Post:
The roar of the crowd was deafening, the blood pounded in his ears as Brutus leaned against his battleaxe and looked at his opponent. The man he faced was a barbarian from the north, from a tribe known for their prowess in battle. The barbarian fell to his knees as he held the large gash in his side, blood dripping through his fingers and staining the white sand beneath. The crows circled overhead, sensing the death of yet another and cawing in excitement as Brutus looked upwards to the stands. In a private box covered in ornamentation and surrounded by concubines, the Emperor stood up and looked down at the two combatants. A hush fell over the crowd, awaiting the judgement of their beloved ruler. In his mind Brutus seethed, if he could he would have taken the Emperor and beaten him to death with his own hands. The Emperor sneered and held out his hand and turned his thumb down. The crowd erupted into cheers and began the customary chant of, "DEATH, DEATH, DEATH." Brutus righted himself and hefted his battleaxe and walked over to stand above the kneeling warrior. The barbarian looked up at Brutus in defiance and spit a wad of blood onto his feet, insulting him one last time. The roar of the crowd reached a fever pitch as Brutus lifted his battleaxe and swung it down. Suddenly Brutus awoke from his dream and sat up covered in a cold sweat, his robes sticking to him like he had just been in a rainstorm. The sound of birds echoed through the air and the morning sun shone through the leaves of the tree above him as Brutus sighed. Packing up, Brutus hefted his pack onto his back and began walking towards the towering mountain in the distance.

• Love
Reactions: envogue
I like him. Is there any chance you could space things out and break your paragraphs up, at least during the roleplay? :)

Reactions: Dunruffle
Come to think of it, the story could start "in media res" during the battle against Kiyohime which would allow for the opportunity to show how badass our dragon is.

Come to think of it, the story could start "in media res" during the battle against Kiyohime which would allow for the opportunity to show how badass our dragon is.

That's actually what is going to happen, though a little before. Were you looking to join? The rp is pretty full as of right now.

My character comes along slowly

Working on OOC right now. Will link it when it's up. Plz do not post in it till I link it :D

Click me for OOC

OOC is up. Feel free to post in there. Character dump should be up within a few mins. Just toss your completed character sheets in there once you have been accepted, but any character sheets waiting approval should be posted in the OOC first for approval.

Last edited:
W I P

f64d1992b70074593cdef48c38660dcd.jpg

Name:
Noken Saisho

Nationality:
Japanese

Sexual Orientation:
Lesbian

Height: 5'8"

Weight:
147 lbs.

Hair Color:
Black

Eye Color:
Gold

Mercenary

Primary Weapon:
Nodachi Katana

Secondary Weapon:
Kodachi (short sword)

Skills:
(Give brief descriptions for any notable skills or special abilities your character may have. Try not to be too OP. 5 Skills max)

Descriptive Personality:
[At least three sentences.]

Dislikes:

Talents:
(Non combative only)

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
(At least 3)

Character Bio:
[At least Five Sentences.]

Sample Post:
(At least six sentences of your character doing anything.)​

Actually since you guys have so many people interested now and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to put into this, I guess I'll drop out. XD I'll probably still read it though! Have fun ya'll! c:

• Useful
Reactions: envogue
Actually since you guys have so many people interested now and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to put into this, I guess I'll drop out. XD I'll probably still read it though! Have fun ya'll! c:

Okie. Thanks for the interest :)

@RiddL the OOC is up if you still want in :)

@Sailor Moon

I'll have a character up by the end of the day, my time anyway

Reactions: RiddL
Still accepting a couple more characters!

Mines will be up later today^^

Interested over here.

But before I get really hyped, can you give me an estimation of what time in the Japanese empire we'll be operating in? Like 19th century or 18th century? Etc.

Interested over here.

But before I get really hyped, can you give me an estimation of what time in the Japanese empire we'll be operating in? Like 19th century or 18th century? Etc.

Not really, because it's not a historically accurate roleplay. I'm making up most stuff from scratch. The feudal era is being used as a template in the same way medieval roleplays are used loosely to dictate how characters act and what weapons they should use.

It's safer to ask me if something is allowed as opposed to dictating it by which century we're in. :)

Interested over here.

I've looked up some more stuff and I've decided it's probably like 14th century Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.