Anira and Kresch

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Anira watched after him for a very long time before taking a deep breath and collecting her things. Once she got Anna ready to ride to the castle, she glanced back at the shack and smiled to herself. She planned on returning if ever need be. She mounted Anna and rode quickly to the castle, the place she would have to call home soon. It seemed strange to her, finally having one place to stay for a long amount of time after moving from place to place because she had been hunted. Now she was to rule over those she had once feared. It was all really ironic in her eyes. This time, as she arrived to the gates, she needed not take the secret entrance she normally used with Kresch, the guards let her pass with a bow and she made her way up to the castle entrance.

Once inside, she was quickly and cheerfully greeted, by Yorsvir. She forced another smile as he bowed before her. "Your majesty! I am so glad you have returned. We have much to do if you are to be crowned queen. Also will her Majesty be sleeping in the castle from now on?" He asked cheerfully as he began to lead her around the castle. She sighed, this man was going to get on her nerves when all was said and done. She began to feel very alone without Kresch by her side, he usually kept her sane.

"Yes, I shall be staying in the castle. As will my companion." She said quietly. Yorsvir just smiled and nodded, continuing his rant about how she would have a crowning ceremony and so on and so forth. She followed him obediently, only half listening to what he was saying. They finished their tour in the throne room, though it didn't really matter, she would get lost many times in this large home. Suddenly a guard came running into the throne room and bowed before her.

"Your Majesty, we have recieved word that there will be an attack on your life. We need to hire a guard to find and kill whoever will come after you." Anira's ears perked up and she smiled. She waved a hand, then placed it on the sword, bound tightly to her hip. Maybe it wouldn't be so dull and uneventful here as she had thought. She would still be able to fight and defend herself as she had been trained to do. The guard and Yorsvir looked upon her in confusion until she began to speak.

"There is no need to worry, guardsman. Let the attacker come. I will deal with them myself."

After Kresch had landed near Serellia, he quickly changed back into his normal form. The people knew this form and did not have issues with it. He had no problems walking straight into the inn. As he entered he surveyed his surroundings and noticed a female sitting in the far corner of the room. She was not looking at anyone in particular, and Kresch assumed this was his contact. He made his way to her, and as he did she quickly stood and entered a room in the back. She left the door ajar, almost as if inviting him to enter. He took this invitation and entered the room. The woman was standing in the middle of the room as he entered. she said in quiet tone, "Those you seek are in the castle. They will attempt their assassination tonight. You must hurry." After these words left her lips, Kresch rushed out of the inn and made his way to the outskirts of the city. Once he was out of sight, he changed and flew back to the castle.

As he arrived he landed away from the guards at the gate. He changed into a different form this time, a young male, wearing casual adventuring clothes with long hair. He made his way to the sewer he and Anira used to sneak into the city once before. There were no guards as he traveled through the tunnels. After a few minutes he reached the castle courtyard. He could see the lights of the castle shining brilliantly in the night. After taking in this sight, he silently entered.

Kresch quietly walked through the long corridors of the castle, scanning for any suspicious behavior. He passed by Anira's sleeping chambers and paused for a moment. He wanted to make sure she was okay, to hold her in his arms again. He wasn't used to being apart from her for this long but he had to do what he was hired for. He shook his head and pressed forward, there would be time for that later after Anira was safe. After checking all of the corridors, he began to grow confused. There was no one there that was out of the ordinary and there was no suspicious activity. He made his way slowly and quietly into the throne room. It was the only place he hadn't checked yet. If they had planned an attack in there, it would be rather ironic, for the former Queen had been murdered in the room as well.

Anira had been following the young man since he first entered the castle. It amazed her how, being an assassin, he hadn't taken notice of her yet. She tailed him closely as he stopped before her chambers. Perhaps he was supposed to attack her while she slept? She thought to herself as she watched him stared at the door. The thought was quickly tossed out when the assassin shook his head and continued forward. He searched the rest of the castle, Anira following waiting for the opportune time to attack. He walked into the large open throne room and Anira felt suddenly an eerie sense of nostalgia. She suddenly saw herself standing over the dead body of the Queen. It was only yesterday and her nerves were still raw. She couldn't let that get in the way. She readied her bow, two arrows taught and ready. She aimed, sights set directly on her target and shot.

Kresch did not hear the sound of the arrows leaving the bow. He had been too preoccupied with the memory of the Queen being killed in this room. He didn't know how, just that it happened. As he was lost in his thoughts, he suddenly felt a shooting pain in his ribs and in the middle of his back. Anira had hit her target with relative ease. Kresch fell to the floor and blood began to flow from his wounds. As he lay on the ground, Anira swiftly, but silently, swooped down to discover the identity of her attacker. She hovered over his body, removing the arrows from her victim, she turned him over. Anira froze. His eyes were glowing a familiar blue aura as he stared into her eyes.

The only sound in the room was Anira's bow hit the ground with a loud thud. She fell to her knees by Kresch's side and put her hands on his face. "Kresch...but how? Why?" She demanded. He started coughing, face twisted in pain. She wouldn't have shot if she had known it was Kresch. Yet, why was he sneaking around in the form of another? Had he been the one sent to kill her? She shook her head and pushed the thoughts aside. He would answer her questions, let there be no mistake about that, but she could not let him die. "Yorsvir!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She prayed someone had heard her. She stayed by Kresch's side, now trying to stop the bleed the best she could.

Yorsvir and a few guards came running in moments later. Their eyes landed on their Queen kneeling in a pool of blood beside a man who was fighting to stay alive. "Guards take this man to the healer. The one in the castle not in the city. We need to question him." Yorsvir said quickly walking over to Kresch and Anira's side. The guards obeyed, carefully lifting Kresch and rushing him away. Anira stood to follow, but her knees buckled beneath her causing her to fall back down to the floor. Yoursvir kneeled beside her and placed a comforting arm around her shoulders. "Your Majesty, please tell me what happened." Tear were now falling down her cheeks, but Anira took a deep breath and began to recall everything that had happened in the last hour.

As they hurried him to a healer, Kresch's only thought was of Anira. He was unconscious now, but he dreamed of her. As they got him to the healer's room, they quickly closed the door behind them. They laid Kresch onto a bed, and allowed the healer her room to work on him. After a few hours, the healer's spells were beginning to show signs of them working. This was mostly due to Kresch's own healing abilities. He began to breathe easier, and he wasn't shaking as badly. The wounds began to close up, and after another hour Kresch began to stir. Kresch then opened his eayes to see a group of people staring at him. He realized he was still in his alternate form and changed into the form Anira remembered. A few moments had passed and Yorsvir began to speak.

"Adan Kresch, now that you are awake we feel it is time you begin answering our questions." Yorsvir said rather boldly. Anira would have been laughing at how bold he had spoken to Kresch if it had not been for the fact she felt herself truly conflicted. She had planned on asking Kresch what was going on by themselves when he had awakened but found that all she could think was that he was innocent, even before knowing the truth. Hence allowing Yorsvir to do the questioning. Anira looked up at Kresch from where she stood, behind Yorsvir, surrounded by guards, watching with fire in her belly as the female healer rushed to Kresch's side as he tried to sit up and helped him, a sweet yet flirtatious smile painted across her lips. It made her want to tear the woman's throat out.

"I think you mean I need to answer Anira's questions, not yours." Kresch retorted back smirking, causing Anira to hide a small smile. She loved how defiant he was. Yorsvir cleared his throat and continued.

"Why were you sneaking around the castle in the form of another?" He asked, which sounded more like a demand. "Were you sent to kill Queen Anira? Who sent you to do this? And why have you betrayed the Queen of Derath?" He shot the series of questions at Kresch without stop. Anira must have looked upset because Yorsvir turned to her and place a reassuring hand on her back and a calm smile to which Anira responded with a small but sweet smile. He may be over bearing, but Anira knew he meant no real harm so she could not fault him for it.

After a few moments of silence, Kresch stood. He walked to Yorsvir, and looking down on him said, "I think we need to take our leave, my lady. This... Servant of yours... He does not know what he is dealing with to warrant such an attitude. I will answer any and all questions you have of me. But this... I will not answer this servant's demands." Pure hatred and disdain was flowing through these words. Yorsvir had said Kresch betrayed the only person he cared for. To Kresch, this was the absolute insult that could not be forgiven. He had risked his life for Anira, and this petty servant was demanding answers from him?

As he began walking out, Kresch turned halfway to Yorsvir and said in his calm, cold, and soft voice, "Mind your tongue when you speak to me. Lest you wish to have it cut from your mouth. And if I see you touch her again, I will remove what you touched her with. You are nothing to me, and I have no issues with making you suffer." And with that, Kresch took his leave to Anira's chambers. It took a few moments, but Anira finally found her voice once again.

"Yorsvir, I am so sorry. I do not know what had come over him. I will go speak to him, alone. I do not need any guards to come with me, nor have them outside of my door. I will call for you once I receive the knowledge that I seek." She turned and ran out of the room, towards her chambers before Yorsvir could say another word. Once she was out of sight, Yorsvir's face turned dark and serious. He turned to the guards that were in the room and motioned for them to come in close.

"I want all of you to keep a close eye on our Queen's friend. I believe he means to harm her, and we can not lose another Queen." He said rather darkly. The guards shared glances between themselves, silently agreeing with their superior. Yorsvir suddenly smiled a cruel smile. "I realize that they seem rather close, but fret not. I will make sure the Queen will never want anything to do with him again." He said, his cheerful demeanor returning. He turned, dismissing the guards from the room leaving only himself and the healer. He had a plan to get underway and he way going to make sure it went through without a hitch.

Meanwhile, Anira finally made it to her chambers where Kresch was waiting, seated in a chair by the window, which showed the grand view of the courtyards. He noticed her walk in and stood, prepared to say something but Anira quickly interrupted him. "What is the meaning of all of this Kresch? I'm told that there is an assassin being sent to kill me and I find you, in a different form than this, sneaking around the castle? Were you trying to kill me?" She demanded as she began to pace around her sleeping chambers. "And what happened with Yorsvir back there? Are you jealous? Of a servant? What could you possibly be jealous of? He was only trying to help me. I only asked him to question you for I could not bring myself to question the man that I love about an assassination attempt on my life!"

Kresch stopped dead in his tracks. "Did she just... Did she just say she loved me?" It was the only thought in his mind for the longest time. When he finally came out of his trance, she was still standing before him, as beautiful as ever. Kresch's eyes began to glow, and he pulled her in tight. He looked deeply into her eyes, "And I love you, my lady." And with that he pressed his lips tightly against hers in a most passionate embrace. It was if time had stopped once again. After what seemed an eternity of happiness, they parted.

Anira had never felt such passion, such love within a kiss as the one as they had just shared and it made her a tad light headed. All she wanted was to be in his arms again, sharing another kiss but she had to receive the answers to her questions. The kiss may have only been an attempt to distract her from her original goal, though her heart was now fluttering from hearing Kresch, a man who had been so cold and distant when they had first met, say that he loved her. She had not meant to say it, but she realized the truth while she had been waiting for the healer to heal his wounds. The wounds she had given him.

With great effort, and a deep saddened look in her eyes, Anira gently pushed Kresch away and stared directly into his confused yet powerful eyes. Taking a deep breath she forced herself to speak. "Please Kresch. I need to know the truth. If you truly do love me, please, answer my questions truthfully." She could not stand to lose him, but if he had been lying to her all this time, it would hurt her more than anything else.

Kresch slowly nodded to her. A few moments passed, and he found his voice, "I was never told my target. I was not looking for you my lady. I stopped in front of your chambers because I longed to be with you. I knew that I couldn't for fear of blowing my cover. The only thing that was on my mind was the possibility of you being in danger. I would never try to kill you, I don't even think... No, I know that I cannot bring myself to harm you." Kresch paused for a moment, and then continued, "My apologies for what happened with your servant. You must understand, I was accused of betraying you. That statement cut me deeply, for I know that betrayal is something I would never do. But in all honesty, he needs to watch what he says around me, especially when you are present."

Anira knew he was telling the truth. She could see in his eyes that he was. She collapsed into his arms once again and savored being there. She had missed him and she felt extremely guilty for having shot him with arrows. She hugged him tightly, her face buried into his chest. "I'm so sorry for hurting you. If I had known it was you I was shooting, I would never had done so. Please forgive me, my love." She said the last part with a smile on her face. She had finally told him and he felt the same. Then she though about what he had said to Yorsvir. It made her smile grow a little knowing he was ever so protective of her.

He held her for several more minutes until they parted. Her cheeks were blushed, and she looked away from him shyly. The smirk came across his lips once again, and he said to her, "It is about time I take my leave. It has been a long day, and I do feel we both need our rest. So, I bid you goodnight, my love." And with that he headed to the door of Anira's chambers. Before he got to the threshold, he turned to her and gently said, "I know you were just being safe. I could not have asked more of you. I forgive you."

The minute his arms were not around her she instantly wanted to be back in them. She turned and gently grabbed onto his arm, stopping him from going and further. With her cheeks still flushed and eyes staring into his. She wanted to be with him, and she did not want him to leave her side anymore. This last time had been the final straw, when they were apart for long periods of time and distance one of them got hurt. She smiled, and took his hand in hers. "Please stay with me, love."

Kresch looked at her, and his eyes began to glow. He was truly happy with her, she brightened his day no matter what was happening. She was his, and he was hers, and they were safe with each other. He gently kissed her, and scooped her into his arms once again pressing his lips against hers. With her in his arms, he closed the door to her chambers.

Anira was forcefully awakened the next morning, by a loud knock at her chamber door. She slowly opened her eyes to find herself wrapped in Kresch's arms who was still peacefully asleep. She smiled at him, laying there for a moment watching him until there was another loud knock upon her door. She begrudgingly untangled herself from Kresch's limbs, causing him to stir. His eyes opened, and he smiled at her. "Good morning, my love." She smiled and was going to respond when there was yet another knock upon her door. She began to stand, wrapping a blanket around her body, as Yorsvir began to call through the door.

"You Majesty? Are you still sleeping?"

Kresch, upon hearing Yorsvir's voice, felt his anger begin to rise. His eyes began to glow, and as Anira turned her back to him to walk to her door, he changed into his true form. Anira, unaware that he had changed, opened the door to the smiling face of Yorsvir. His face slowly began to fall as his eyes traveled from Anira, who was only wrapped in a blanket, to Kresch, who sat there on the bed, in his true form, which he had never seen before, grinning impishly at him. Anira stood there for a few moments waiting for Yorsvir, who was now standing before her, looking at something, mouth agape, to speak. "May I help you Yorsvir?" She asked snapping him out of his trance. Confused, she turned to look at Kresch, who quickly changed back into his normal form. He sat there smiling at her, as if he had done nothing wrong. She turned back to the servant, who had finally found his voice.

"Forgive me for intruding, you Majesty, but when you did not come to me last night to tell me of what you had learned I had feared the worst. Yet I seem to be corrected and everything looks well here." He said awkwardly clearing his throat. "I think I shall go wait for you in the throne room." He bowed and quickly began striding away, leaving Anira to close her chamber door and turn back to look at Kresch.

"I wonder what's wrong with him."

Kresch just smiled at her and looked up to the ceiling, "I have no idea. Maybe he's a little jealous?" Kresch laughed to himself as he said these words. When he was done, he gazed upon her wrapped in her blanket and said, "I think he can wait a little longer, my love." And with that he held out his hand to her.

Anira laughed and took his hand, crawling back into bed with him. "I have a feeling the two of you are going to be getting on each other's nerves quite often." She said smiling before kissing him again. "And I guess I can keep him waiting. He did wake me up." He would probably be angry with her but she didn't care. She smiled and laid down beside Kresch.

"You stay here as long as you wish. He was nothing before us, and he will not make you feel obliged to him. You are queen now, my love, and you are in charge. Not him." After the words left his lips he wrapped his arms around her once more, gently kissed her, and held her close to him. She could feel his heart beating, and the longer he held her, the faster it got.