Anira and Kresch

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
A few days had passed since their first night in the castle, and now it was the day of the crowning ceremony. Anira was pacing around her chambers, her stomach filled with knots and butterflies. She was nervous, she, the huntress that has killed many people, is nervous about a silly crowning ceremony. Kresch was sitting on the bed watching her, a smirk lazily laying on his lips, pace around the room at a frantic speed. Anira kept fiddling with the long gown, made of the finest silks that Yorsvir had picked for her to wear. She was not used to dresses, let alone large crowds. Sighing, she stopped pacing and looked at Kresch for support. "Please tell me I will be okay." She said, placing in hands on the bodice of her gown, as to calm her stomach. She looked down at the dress once again. "Do I look ridiculous in this awful thing?" Not waiting for a response she began to pace once again. "I do don't I? I knew it! I'm going to look like a fool in front of the kingdom. I don't even know how to be Queen!"

With that Kresch stood and approached her. She stopped to look at him and he pulled her close. "You are going to be fine. This will be over before you know it. When all is said and done, you can get rid of this dress. I know you aren't used to it, and quite frankly, neither am I. But if it makes you feel any better, you are absolutely radiant." As he said this, she began to calm herself a little. She was still nervous, but his words did help her. Several minutes had passed when they finally heard a loud knock at the door.

"Your Majesty?" It was Yorsvir's voice, "It is time for us to begin your ceremony." After he said these words, Yorsvir entered, which bothered Kresch a little. He walked up to Anira, placed his arm around her, and walked her out of the room.

Anira stood before the entire city of Derath, whose eyes laid upon her as Yorsvir spoke the ceremonial scroll. Anira's eyes were glued on Kresch the entire ceremony, his eyes and smirk giving her the courage to speak when needed. As the ceremony came to a close, it was time for Anira to give a speech before the crown be placed upon her head. She took a deep breath and allowed herself to speak. "My people of Derath, I thank you for allowing to continue my mother's reign as your Queen. I brought my mother's killer to justice, freeing all of you from her horrible tyranny. I only hope to bring honor to the names of my mother and father by raising the city to if former glory. I will be a Queen for the people, I will fight for my people, just as I hope you all will, if ever need be. You all are not my servants. It is I who is your servant, and I will do whatever I must to make sure the citizens of Derath are a strong and prosperous people!" The large crowd broke out into loud and boisterous cheers. Anira felt as if a weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. She suddenly felt as if she was making her parents proud. She kneeled down, allowing Yorsvir to gently place the crown upon her head. Once it was settled, Yorsvir, the guards and everyone in the crowd bowed down before her. She smiled, "Please rise, my people." They all did so, erupting into cheers once more.

Yorsvir strightened and smiled at his new Queen. Anira smiled back and went to turn her attention back to Kresch, who she had lost sight of. Before she could turn her head fully away from Yorsvir, he leaned in and placed a small, gentle kiss of the corner of Anira's mouth. Anira's eyes widened and she quickly pushed him away. She turned and began walking towards the crowd to speak to her citizens. She was going to pretend that hadn't happened. And pray Kresch hadn't seen it.

Kresch simply stood. Staring at the stage where Yorsvir had kissed Anira, his eyes began to glow. The smirk was gone from his lips and his mind was filled with terrible things. He did not blame Anira for these actions, and was grateful she removed herself from the situation. But he could not forgive the servant for what he had done. He had accused Kresch of betrayal, and then he does something like this? It made no sense to him at all.

As Kresch stood facing the stage, he felt a hand on his back. Quickly turning to see who the hand belonged to, he turned face to face with the healer. She had a grin on her face, and she moved in to speak to him. Kresch was very uncomfortable as she came closer to him.

"Well if it isn't my fastest healing patient. How are you feeling?" The healer asked him, her body slightly closer than it had originally been. Kresch tensed, she did not seem right to him. Why was she acting this way? He did not understand any of it.

"I am fully healed now." He responded simply, hoping she would be satisfied and leave. She did not. With her flirtatious smile still playfully on her lips, she placed a hand gently on his shoulder.

"I'm glad. I never got a chance to tell you my name before that...angry and mysterious exit you pulled." She said in a sultry voice. Kresch wanted nothing to do with this woman, he needed to get away. He wanted to be at Anira's side, not with this odd woman who was staring at him as if her were a piece of meat. Before he could make a move to leave she spoke up once more. "It's Tanna. I already know your name, Kresch. It seems to be on the lips of many these days." Kresch did not even acknowledge her in the slightest. When his eyes found Anira, he brushed past Tanna and began to make his way to his love. Tanna, not accepting the fact that he was ignoring her, followed him. She wanted his attention and she was going to get it. "I don't understand what makes our new Queen so special. She isn't very beautiful if you ask me." She said rather loudly, smiling and stepping in Kresch's path. "If you would like to see a real beauty, you should come see me in my chambers sometime." She leaned up to his ear. "I can make you forget all about the little Queen." She kissed his cheek and quickly walked away before Kresch could do or say anything.

Anira had seen everything. She had seen the healer approach Kresch, whisper in his ear and kiss his cheek. The fire in her eyes was ignited once more. She was not mad at Kresch, she knew he would never do anything to hurt her. No, this healer, she wanted Kresch and she was going to try and take him. Anira wasn't going to allow her the pleasure of even trying to do something so foolish. She'd have to deal with it herself.

"The nerve of this woman..." Kresch stood watching Tanna walk away from him, and he noticed that she was being fairly provocative while doing so. Kresch quickly turned his gaze from her to Anira, who had seen the entire thing. His eyes began to glow as he looked at her, and he quickly stopped himself from changing. Anira saw this, and she let out a quiet gasp at him. This was her ceremony, and Kresch knew it was of importance. He nodded and made his way to her, shaking his head over what had just occurred.

As he approached, he said calmly, "We have some very interesting individuals in this castle. Seems as if we both have people we don't like. And just to let you know ahead of time, the next time that wretched thing lays a hand on you... Let's just say he'll lose a bit more than the arm he touched you with." The smirk found its way across Kresch's lips as he spoke. In his mind, Anira was his, and he was hers. Nobody would get in the way of that. As he gazed upon his beautiful Elf, he touched her face gently. After a few moments, she began to speak.

Anira sighed as she began to speak, taking his hand in her own and leading him away from the large crowd of people. "The next time she touches you in that manner, looks at you or even speaks to you unless it is absolutely needed, I will cut off one finger for each offense." She did not like this feeling she had when her relationship with Kresch was threatened. It made her stomach boil and it made her want to hurt everyone in sight. She understood now why it drove Kresch so mad when Yorsvir touched her or was anywhere near her. She stopped walking and turned to Kresch, "You promise you feel nothing towards that woman?"

Kresch stopped and paused for a moment. He understood her concern and wanted her to trust him. He stepped forward to her, "I do not feel anything towards her. She is an animal. A gifted animal, but an animal nonetheless. My heart belongs to you, my love. And no one else. I promise." He then softly placed his lips against hers and embraced her.

Anira felt reassured as he stayed in Kresch's arms for a few moments longer. To her dismay, they parted and she rested her forehead against his chest. She took a breath and sighed, "I don't think I can handle all of this Kresch. I really don't. These people are counting on me and I refuse to let them down." She kept her head where it was, she was tired and the crown felt even heavier on her head than she expected. Before Kresch could answer, Yorsvir approached them quickly.

"Your Majesty, you are needed in the courtyard to speak to the leaders of the cities across this great land. They have come here today to speak to the new Queen of Derath. If you will come with me." He said offering her an arm. Before she could refuse, he placed his hand on the small of her back, a little lower then she would have liked and began leading her away. She glanced back at Kresch, and pleaded with her eyes for him to follow. Kresch obliged, following the two of them closely, waiting for the pathetic servant to do something else to Anira he didn't like. As she turned her head back, Yorsvir's hand slid down a little further, do that it was conviniently placed right at the top of her bottom. As Anira turned to Yorsvir to tell him to remove his hand, he crashed his lips against hers. Anira jolted her head back, separating their lips, and wound back her hand, releasing it with a loud clap as it made contact with his cheek.

"Yorsvir, what was the meaning of that?" Anira demanded, quickly placing a hand on Kresch's chest, hoping he didn't kill the man right then and there. She knew she wouldn't be able to hold him back, and at that point she really didn't want to, but if the leader's of the other cities were to see blood spilt before the Queen, the blood of her servant, by the man she loved and held close, what would they think of her. She prayed he would be able to keep his calm.

"Your Majesty, I thought...I thought I was supposed to be your lover. As I was with the former Queen, I believed you would have thought to use me in the same manner. Forgive me, I could not help myself on the presence of your intense beauty." Yorsvir was far from apologetic. He had gotten what he had wanted. The beast had seen him kiss the Queen. Now all he had to do was get the healer to do her job and the rest would be history.

"Well you are wrong. I never intended to use you for anything more then what you are, a servant. Never lay your hands upon me again, Yorsvir, or I shall cut them off myself." Anira growled, anger boiling in her veins.

As Anira finished her statement, she turned to Kresch. His eyes were burning that misty-blue and he was semi changing. She could see the horns beginning to protrude from his head and his hands were slowly becoming claws. Anira gave him a stern look and he quickly reverted back to his familiar human form. He nodded to her and began to approach them. As he got closer his gaze went from Anira to Yorsvir, who seemed to be satisfied with what he had done. He came to within a foot of him and simply stared at him. Kresch's eyes pierced Yorsvir in such a way that he felt it to the core. The ever-present smirk found its way across Kresch's lips once again as he looked at the other beast within the castle. Kresch had plans for Anira's servant, and Kresch would satisfy his hunger.

Anira never took her eyes off of Kresch. As Kresch stood facing Yorsvir, she calmly but sternly told Yorsvir to wait with the leaders. As Yorsvir took his leave, she turned to Kresch. "Now is not the time for rash actions, my love. He is vermin, and nothing more." These words calmed him, he did not wish to ruin her council with the other city leaders. He slowly nodded to her, indicating that he understood the importance of this day. With that they turned, and slowly walked to the room at the end of the hallway to meet the leaders of the neighboring cities.

As they entered the round room, they were met with thunderous applause. Four of five large stood in ovation for her. One of the men, Kresch quickly noticed, was silent and looked rather upset. Kresch paid him no mind, he was not here for them, he was here for the woman he loved. Anira raised her hand to them and they quickly fell into silence. One of the men stood once again, "Queen of Derath, we are thankful for your hospitality and are grateful for you taking the throne in the permanent absence of the cities former queen." With that he sat in his seat, and another man rose to speak, "He is right. You have launched the city on the road to prosperity. Your mother would be so proud of you." After the words left his lips, he sat.

Kresch grinned at them, as a thank you for their support. He knew she was stressing over these new responsibilities, and the fact that at least some of them supported her lifted some weight off of her shoulders. She breathed easy, and began to speak.

Anira smiled, feeling as though a large weight had been lifted from her shoulders. She sat at the end of the long table, three to her left and two to her right. "Thank you so much for your warm and understanding welcome. It has been a rough time, me becoming Queen. I have fought my way to this position and I do not plan to let my people down." She turned to the leader who had spoken of her mother. "Thank you for your kind words of my mother. What is your name, good sir?" The man did a slight head nod, a kind a father like smile on his elderly features.

"My name, your Majesty, is Artisan. I rule over the city of Bellanok just south of your province. I knew your mother when she first became Queen. She was a strong warrior, as well as a fair leader. I say again, you would have made her so proud with all that you have accomplished." He said, placing a gentle hand upon her own. She smiled, fighting back tears. She would talk to Artisan more of her mother very soon. The man beside Artisan who had yet not spoken, cleared his throat.

"Your Majesty, my name is Grimoire. I rule over Radarma, to the north. I fear that you come with a black cloud looming over head. You have killed the former Queen, you have killed many of the city's guards. Surely you must be aware that there could be repercussions to the actions used to achieve your position." Anira stared at Grimoire. He was a frail man, of an older age, not as old as Artisan but he seemed to be around what her father would have been, had he been alive. Grimoire seemed to be very skiddish, afraid of his shadow almost. It did not surprise her that he was scared that something would happen to her.

"You worry too much Grimoire, you old codger. I believe our beautiful new addition to the counsel of leaders, is more than capable to protect herself from your imaginary attackers." Anira turned her attention to the newest speaker. He seemed to be her age in body, but she was much older than him in years. He appeared to be the youngest out of all the leaders, had she not only had eyes for Kresch, Anira would say that he was very attractive, handsome even. He flashed her a charming smile and began to speak again. "I am Luis, your Majesty, the recently appointed leader of the city of Aust. My city lies to the east of your magnificent city. I warmly welcome you, and wish you a long and prosperous reign."

"You have no right to speak, Luis. You were just handed the city after your father's sudden death and your brother's unfortunate banishment. Queen Anira was not so lucky. Though I do not believe she will be a horrendous leader, she has left a very large trail of blood in her wake. Lest we forget, she hasn't been raised into the nobility she should have been. She knows not of any leadership abilities or how the Counsel of the Ebon Hand handles things." Anira frowned upon hearing such things. She let her eyes drop to the table, almost ashamed that she could not be like these men. She could not go back in time to receive the nobility or the etiquette she should had been raised with. She felt Artisan place his hand on her again, patting it in a comforting way. Grimoire realized he had offended her almost instantly. "Your Majesty, I believe you will do great things for the city of Derath. I truly do, I just have a feeling that people would move to take advantage of your naivete."

"Oh please, you old fool, make her feel even worse. Not one of us is innocent in this counsel, why must she suffer under your conspiracies!" Luis said blatantly. Anira was starting realize there were more to these men than she had originally assumed. Her eyes then landed on the one leader who had yet to speak. He stood there, eyes trained upon her with a look of such distaste and annoyance that is made her skin crawl to make eye contact with him. What had she done to cause him to stare at her in such a manner?

As the other leaders were squabbling amongst themselves, the silent, scowling man erupted from where he stood. Silence befell the rest of the council as they all stared at him, wide-eyed. Even Kresch opened his eyes and joined in their mutual staring. Luis was the first to speak form among the startled party, "What is the meaning of this outburst, Gideon?! You know very well we are not here to-", Gideon's voice boomed as he spoke, "Silence brat! Keep your forked tongue in your mouth before I remove it! You, out of all people, should know your place child!" Luis sank into his seat, and he was silent.

Gideon approached the table and smashed his hands upon it. The thunderous echo filled the room. Kresch watched him with cautious eyes. After the echo died down, he spoke again, "You. Anira. You who has obtained the title of Queen through barbaric means, you are my enemy. You have killed my sister in cold blood, and now you wish to rule in her place?! What a fool you are! You will never be as successful a leader as her, nor will you be able to bring honor to your family! I hope you are satisfied with how this hall looks to you, your majesty, for you will not be alive much longer to enjoy it!" As he finished his sentence, he once again smashed his fist into the table, this time causing it to splinter.

Kresch immediately stood as he saw the man ready himself to leave. As he was leaving the hall Kresch stepped into his path. "You dare stand before me, you fool?! This is just another reason for me to wage war upon this kingdom! The audacity!" Kresch slowly approached him to the point where Gideon was the only one in earshot. Kresch quietly whispered, "You have made me your enemy. Should you attack this kingdom, you will not live throughout the night. I will massacre everyone you love, family, friends, everyone. After I have torn the flesh from their bodies, I will then come for you. And I will kill you, slowly, while I savor your cries of agony. Leave here, and leave swiftly." Kresch then backed away from him. Gideon was silent. Furious, but silent. He then left the room, slamming the door with a thunderous smash.

After the doors were closed, Anira approached Kresch and said quietly, "What did you say to him, Kresch?" Kresch simply stared at her, and then the smirk found its way across his lips once again. "Let's just say I gave him a preview of what to expect should he be foolish enough to attack this kingdom." With that, Kresch bowed deeply to the other leaders, giving a deep glare to the youngest of them, and took his leave.

Anira stood there for a few more moments, eyes still lingering where Kresch had stood. Breaking the silence, Grimoire stood and began to speak. "I did warn you, Queen Anira. There are many who refuse to see the truths withing the cloud of lies. Gideon is one of these men. He refuses to understand that his sister had committed a large grievance when she killed your family, he only sees the blood of his own." Sighing he made his way to the door, not before pausing next to Anira and placing a gentle but cautious hand upon her arm. "You must prepare for the worst, for Gideon is not the type of man to threaten someone and not follow through. He will attack your province. He will attack with the intent to kill. I can only wish for the best for you. I tell you this now, I can not, will not go against Gideon. He knows more than he should on everyone in this room. I can not risk the safety of my city." He bowed to her and made his way from the room, only leaving the last three leaders. Finding his voice once more, Luis stood from his chair and offered her a sheepish grin.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, your loveliness. Gideon is a pretty mean spirited bastard when he wants to be. I've never seen him do anything like this before though. Unfortunately, Grimoire was right. He isn't the type so go throwing around threats without actually going through with them." The young man ran a hand though his hair before approaching Anira. "I'll help in anyway I can. The bastard may scare me sometimes, and he may know somethings I wish he did not, but I will not allow this to happen. If you need my support or help, send word. I will rush to your aid before the anything bad should befall that beautiful head of yours." He smirked, a gesture which made her miss Kresch instantly. Luis bowed and left leaving Anira alone with Artisan.

"That fool will be his own demise." Artisan quietly said as Anira returned to her seat beside him. He looked very tired and pale. He looked ill, almost. He sighed and brought his eyes to meet Anira's. She smiled gently and shook her head.

"I do not fear him. I will defend my province, till the day I die, with a blade in my hand. I will fight alongside my people if the need should arise." She said, meaning every word she spoke. War was rising, and she would be ready to meet it head on. There was something else though, that she wished to speak with Artisan about. She took a deep breath before speaking. "King Artisan, what can you tell me about my mother?"

Artisan sighed deeply. He knew she would ask him eventually, and he hoped he would be able to remember everything clearly. Artisan was indeed ill. He had been for several months now and he knew it was only a matter of time before it overcame him. He took Anira's hand into his and began to speak, "I loved your mother. She was one of my dearest friends. She was an amazing person, and it broke my heart when the news of her death reached my ears. I was stricken with grief for the longest time and it still lingers with me to this very day. When I had learned that wretched beast took her life I was enthralled with hatred and disdain. But you are not asking my feelings, no, you wish to know more about that amazing woman. She was a magnificent leader, she was the light in many people's eyes, what kept them going in their endeavors. She never did something that would harm her people. But outside of leadership, she was a very caring person. And she loved you, with all her heart. You were all she spoke of, and she would often talk about how she was ready to hand over the crown to you even though you were but an infant."

He sighed again, he did miss her, she was a dear friend to him. He found his voice again, "She was a loyal friend, and she was ever-trusting. I think that is part of what led to her demise. The former Queen, the one whose life you took, was her adviser. Your mother hired her after her last adviser vanished. It seemed she was perfect for the job. And then the travesty of losing your mother befell everyone. When I tell you she was a great person, my words don't even come close to how amazing she was. It was, indeed, a travesty. But as I said before, she loved you to no end, Anira. And I am proud of you for ascending the throne and taking her place."

As he looked to Anira, he could see her trying to hold back the tears. He gently placed a hand on her cheek and said softly, "It's okay, Anira. No one will judge you. We all miss her. So if you feel you need to let out your emotions, then let them out."

Anira let all of her emotions overtake her and she began to cry. If she could have one wish, it would be to talk to her mother, if only for a few minutes. She cried, and Artisan wrapped a comforting arm around her shoulders allowing her to cry into his shoulder. She cried for what seemed like an eternity. She started to compose herself, realizing she had been doing a lot of crying lately and, with tear still rolling down her cheeks, she smiled. "I thank you so sharing that with me. My father always would tell me stories of all the great battles my mother had been in and how glorious she was in battle. I always kept that in mind and hoped I would become like her one day, fighting my own battles I could tell my own children." She hiccuped slightly, as she wiped her eyes. "I'm so sorry, I did not mean to bring up sad memories, especially after today's events."

Artisan placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "It's okay, child. It is only natural for you to wish to know about her. She was quite a character. We all miss her very much. Some might not see it, but you, my dear, were destined for greatness." Artisan paused, and looked around the room. His eyes became fixed on the visible hallway, and he slowly started to speak, "Where is that young man who shared words with Gideon? You seem very fond of him. I am sure he is worried about you."

Anira realized it had been a while since she had seen Kresch. She smiled. "His name is Kresch. He is probably waiting for me, so I must take my leave now. I shall show you to your sleeping chambers for the evening. I won't let you travel back at this late hour." It had gotten very dark outside and she did not want anything to happen to Artisan. He smiled and nodded, standing and following her to the spare sleeping chambers. "If you need anything..."

"Please, young one, I'll be fine. Go see this Kresch. I am sure he wishes to see you after everything that has happened today. I will be fine. I promise. I will see you in the morning." He said smiling. She bowed and took her leave, quickly striding to her chambers. She opened the door to find Kresch laying on her bed, eyes closed. His eyes immediately opened to the sound of the door closing behind Anira. She smiled at him and sat down on the bed next to him.

"Well today could have gone so much better."

"Angry rulers, war, arrogant bastards..." He shrugged, "I think it went pretty well." And with that he sat up and placed a soft kiss on her lips. "So, what happened during my absence? You seem to be a little flushed. Is everything okay?" He sat up again, and gazed upon her. Something troubled Anira, and Kresch was concerned about her. He understood that Gideon did not help the situation, and Kresch meant every word said to him. Should Gideon attack, he would deeply regret it.

She smiled. "I'm fine, my love. Artisan just told me about my mother. I got a little emotional as I do and I might have let a few tears escape. I promise I'm fine though." She said placing another soft kiss on his lips. "Before that, Grimoire told me he would not support me in the war for, basically, he fears him. He won't fight against me but he will not fight against Gideon. Luis was quite the opposite. He promised to help in anyway he could."

"Artisan is a good man. He knew your mother quite well. He will not be anything less than supportive of you. Grimoire is a coward. He only wants to be left alone. But he is no threat to us. But this... Luis... He is the young one, correct? He seems to be rather disrespectful for a leader." Kresch paused for a moment, and then spoke, "I have not seen your servant anywhere. Have you seen him? You know what, never mind. He does not matter now." He then leaned in and kissed her again.