Anira and Kresch

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Anira took a deep breath and found her voice once more. "I...I'm sorry I blamed you for my mother's death. I never meant to leave you alone all that time. If I had been with you I could have protected you from Firenthius." Her throat tightened once more as fresh tears fell down her face. After a few more seconds she began to speak, "I feel as though I have failed you, that I can't continue what you started. I never meant to hurt you, father. This is all my fault."

"You had every right to be upset, Anira. And I forgive you for everything you think you have done. But I want you to understand when I tell you what's done is done. You have become such a wonderful person, Anira. Such a powerful warrior. And you have found a man who deeply cares for you. You have made me so proud, my daughter. But I want you to know that no matter where your endeavors take you in life, I will always be watching over you. You have never failed me, you make me proud to call you my daughter. And just know that no matter what happens with the decisions you make in life, that I will always love you." She had questions for him, things that she needed to know. He simply held her until she was ready to ask them.

"Why didn't you tell me about what you had planned for me? Why didn't you tell me the Queen wanted me dead?" She felt so emotionally exhausted that she nearly collapsed but Kresch's strong arms kept her in place. She started having trouble breathing but she needed to have her questions answered, she had to gain closure. She took a deep breath, "How did my mother die? How does Kresch really know you? And why do I have to overthrow the Queen? What happened for all of this to be put on me?"

Her father let out a deep sigh. He had plans to tell her these things, but he never thought he would have to tell her on the spot like this. "The Queen, as you may already know, is a Changeling. Your mother was ruler of the Derathian Empire when you were just a baby. She was an amazing leader, and she brought prosperity to her lands. The current Queen was her adviser. And as you can already guess, she murdered your mother in cold blood. I knew of this, and I was threatened with losing you if I ever rose against her. Please understand, Anira, I couldn't lose the both of you. You became my everything, my world. Kresch has nothing to do with my death, nor your mother's death, as he was but an assassin who took care of your mother's enemies. We never knew who, or what he was. But you, my beautiful daughter, you must retake the Empire. It is you who is next in line and it is you that must succeed your mother. Not her, she who usurped the leadership that is rightfully yours."

Anira was quiet for a very long time, everything her father had said swimming though her mind. Her arms tightened around his torso, as she braced herself for what she was about to say. Sighing, she brought her eyes up and through blurred vision, met his eyes. "I promise you father. I will succeed my mother. I will dethrone the very woman who killed my mother, who caused your death. I will rule as my mother did and make sure the Empire rises to what it once was. The Queen will meet her end by my hand." She swore to herself and to her father.

As she was lost in thought, Kresch changed back into his human form. This had taken a lot out of him. The memories of her father, the pain he had felt losing his wife and the fear of losing his daughter, Kresch had taken all of it in. He was distraught with the feeling of loss and the mind-wracking guilt her father felt as he hid the truth from Anira. Kresch let go of her and fell to his knees. He felt as if someone had stabbed him in the gut with a serrated blade. He couldn't look at her, for the shame her father endured was laced within him.

Anira quickly bent down to his side, arms wrapped around him. He looked exhausted, upset, ashamed and almost as if he was in pain. She thought it was because he had changed into the form of her father for such a long period of time that it had taken so much from him. "Are you alright?" She asked hoping, he having done this for her, had not hurt him in return. She helped him to his feet and made him sit down on the chair he had occupied earlier. She tried to get Kresch to look at her, yet he would not. She frowned, knowing something was wrong. Sighing, as she waited for him to respond to her, she added, "Thank you so much. Knowing what I know now, I feel like I have the strength to move on with our plans. I owe you so much, and I don't ever think I could repay you."

It took Kresch a few minutes, but he was finally able to recover a little from the intense strain on his mind. He took a deep breath, exhaled slowly, and looked up into her eyes. "You owe me nothing, my lady. You deserved to know everything. It wasn't fair to keep that information from you." He then slowly rose to his feet. "What is our plan of action?"

A new fire began to burn behind her large bright eyes. She stared into his eyes and smiled, "We're going to kill the Queen, by any mean necessary. We are going through with our plan. She will fall by my hand as I swore." She turned and picked up her father's sword. She wasn't going to be the weakling hiding behind Kresch while he killed most of their enemies. She was planning on fighting along side of him, proving to everyone how powerful she truly was.

He simply gazed at her while she held her father's sword. He knew she was a very capable warrior, even though she doubted herself. "Alright, then it shall be done, my lady. We will strike tomorrow evening, as the city sleeps." He was still reeling from the memories of her father and almost dropped to the floor again. He caught himself on the edge of the nearby table and slowly sat down. After a few more moments, he slowly stood and made his way to his bed.

Anira put the sword back in it's sheath and laid down upon her bed. She watch as Kresch shakily climbed into his bed, still tired from having changed into her father. She grew curious of what it was like to change into something else. She was curious of him as well as his abilities. "Kresch, what was it like changing into my father? What is it like changing in general?" She wanted to know but if he did not want to talk about she was not going to push.

With a puzzled look on his face, Kresch took a deep breath and began to speak, his voice cold, calm, and ever so gentle, "I figured you would want to know this about me. As you may have already guessed, when I change, I gain everything from the person I am changing into. I physically and mentally become them, although I retain my sense of self at the same time. I remember everything I feel as them. When I changed into your father, I acquired all of his memories; of you, of his wife, everything. I also acquired his pain, his happiness, his regret. It is a most-useful tool, but it comes with a price. I do suffer when I become others, but what I gain makes it all seem worth it. But I do have some interesting information for you, my lady. The Queen, she does have the ability to change, but she is not like me. She cannot gain memories like I can. She is not of my race, which is what allows me to retain them. This is going to be useful when we confront her. If she does try to change into someone, I will know, for I know things she will not. This will allow you to exact revenge that much easier." And with that he gazed upon her until she finally spoke.

Anira stayed quiet for a very long time. "That must put a lot of strain on you." She quietly. Realizing to what extent he actually had pushed himself when he changed into her father. He did care for her to put himself through that, to give her the closure she needed. She smiled at him and said, "I'm sorry. I'll stop asking questions. We must rest now, for tomorrow is going to be a long day."

Kresch slowly nodded to her, smiled, and said softly, "Any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask them, my lady. I made a promise to you, and I intend to keep it." He was proud of himself that he had done something genuine for once in his existence. He was overwhelmed by his feelings for her to the point where he would risk his own life for her well being. As these thoughts and feelings fluttered through his mind, he slowly fell into a peaceful slumber. He was happy, and he could finally sleep soundly.

Not before long, it was morning. Kresch awoke to find Anira sitting in a chair by his side, waiting for him to awaken. She had already prepared for the events of the day. He slowly sat up, yawned deeply, and gave her a quick smile before donning his vestments. After he had clothed, he gazed at her and said with his calm, cold, gentle voice, "Shall we take our leave, my lady?"

She smiled down at him and nodded, "We still have some time before we have to leave. I've made food and I've prepared everything we need." She said standing, her nerves on extreme edge for what the day had in store for them. She exited the shack and walked over to Anna double checking all of their supplies once again. Nothing could go wrong.

After they had eaten their fill, Kresch stood from the table and said, "It's about time we got going, my lady." And with that he exited the shack and mounted his horse. She followed suit and they swiftly rode toward the castle gate. As they approached, they realized the same guards were standing at the gate as before. Kresch silently laughed to himself and led Anira to the weak spot in the gate once again. They had no confrontation as they made their way through the sewers. This was a concern to Kresch, as he expected at least some altercations before they were in the courtyard. When they did enter the courtyard, it was noticeably empty for the time of night. Anira's instincts were kicking in, and she knew there was something wrong. Kresch's eyes began to glow, and he ushered her into an empty room. There, he did something she did not expect, he changed once again. She let out a quiet gasp as she stared at herself. Kresch approached her and said in a soft, but serious tone, "You must not be captured. She has expected our assault and is taking measures against us. You must wait here while I distract them." And with that he burst out of the room as Anira. There were no signs of coming danger, but Kresch's instincts told him otherwise. As he stepped forward, he began to feel a sharp, searing pain in his stomach. He looked down to see a blade protruding from him, and blood began to trickle down his body. With a swift motion the blade retracted, and he fell to the floor. Anira watched as the Queen stepped over his body. "You are a fool. But you will be alive to bare witness to my torture. You will beg for mercy as I slowly extinguish the life from your body, just like I did to your mother and father." Anira could only helplessly watch as a multitude of guards flooded the courtyard. They seized Kresch, and carried him off into the main portion of the castle. Rage and hatred began to build inside of her, and after the coast was clear, she made her way inside the castle.

As Anira freely walked through the castle halls, the servants having retired for the night and she knew the Queen would most likely have her guards surrounding who she thought was Anira, she could only feel the purest form of wrath coursing within her. She hated the Queen and everything she stood for. She had killed her family, just to gain power, and now she had hurt Kresch, the only person left that cared for her. As she walked, the hand that held her bow, tightened its grip, causing her knuckles to grow ghostly white. She found her way back to the throne room where the Queen was sitting, speaking with her male servant.

Anira readied her bow, arrow aimed directly at the Queen's face and began to speak in a loud commanding tone. "Forgive my intrusion your Majesty, but I need to have a word with you." The Queen's eyes widened as they rose to meet Anira's. It was impossible, she had just captured the little Elven fool. The Queen rose from her throne and stared evenly down at the Elven Huntress before her.

"How is it possible that you escaped my guards?" She demanded loudly, unnerved by the fact that there was an arrow aimed at her. Anira smirked, thinking back to what Kresch had done for her. Raising an eyebrow, Anira took a few steps closer to the Queen.

"My dear Queen," She said, venom dripping off of every word, "You never captured me."

The Queen's reaction to these words were written across her face. Her face was a mixture of panic, anger, and hate. She felt insulted by her being fooled by such a worthless individual. She glowered at Anira for what seemed an eternity, and then her expression turned to fear. She knew her end was imminent. As Anira cast her gaze upon her prey, she could only imagine what Kresch was going through.

As Kresch lay in his cell, the turmoil he was going through was unbearable. As he lay, unconscious, memories of Anira's were flooding into his mind. All of the sadness she had felt after the loss of her parents were ever-present in his mind. Her hunger as the game in the woods began to dwindle, her fear of starvation. Everything that she had felt in the years that she had been alive, the joy, the sadness, all of it, was rushing through him. This only intensified the pain coming from the wound in his stomach. He was in his own Hell and it was only getting worse as each second ticked by.

Anira stood her ground as she stared down the woman who killed her family. It was taking all of her willpower to not kill her that very moment. She needed to know everything this woman had done to her family, to make her vengeance even sweeter. "You will tell me why you killed my family. You will tell me everything, and once you are done, I will kill you." She was commanding the Queen, and she intended to do what she promised. The Queen gazed upon Anira in fear. Her guards were surrounding the prisoner, who she had been using as bait for Kresch. Now Kresch was the one being held captive as his little elf stood before her, with the Queen's life in her hands. After a few moments the Queen finally began to speak.

"You want answers? Fine. I can give you answers, if it is the last I do in this world, then making you feel wrought with mental anguish is a good way to go out! No, it was not Firenthius who killed you parents you fool, I killed them! I killed them because they were weak! Peace this, treaty that, it was utterly pathetic. They practically begged me to end their lives like the dogs they were! Now that, my dear, that was beautiful! But you know what? Me killing them because they were weak wasn't the only reason I ended their miserable lives, you know. I killed them in an attempt to get to you, because I knew you would be just as utterly weak and useless as your parents. And look at you, here you are, with an arrow aimed to kill me. Go ahead. Kill me. It won't bring your parents back. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I joined them, this way I could continue my torture until the end of existence!" Anira simply stared at her, contemplating her next move.

As all of this was happening, Kresch was beginning to get worse. And then the worst fear hit him. The fear of losing Anira was the worst thing he could possibly conceive of. He knew he was dying, and he knew he would never be able to touch her, to hold her, to kiss her ever again. One of the guards standing outside his holding cell noticed tears start to trickle down Kresch's face. Kresch was overwhelmed with agony. And it was in that moment that something began to happen. Kresch began glowing in his cage. The guards turned to gaze upon him in such wonderment, not knowing what was happening to him.