Anira and Kresch

Anira simply nodded and laid down on the bed. Her eyes stared up at the ceiling and she let her mind wander freely. She felt as if something the weight of the events that had unfolded in the past days final set itself upon her completely. She suddenly felt Kresch's eyes on her so, as to not make him aware that she was upset, she simply closed her eyes and pretended to sleep. She felt the bed beside her sink, notifying her that Kresch took his place beside her. He place a kiss upon her forehead and after a few moments she could tell he was sleeping. She opened her eyes once again and stared into the darkness. She knew that she couldn't let the past effect her, for the days to come held so much more for her, so she put up her walls once again and she readied herself for what was to come. Soon she began to fall into a restless and nightmare filled slumber.

Throughout the night, Anira tossed and turned. It wasn't until a few hours had passed that she had begun to flail about in their bed. Kresch was awoken by Anira's arm smashing him on the head. Eyes glowing, he sprang out of bed in search of the attacker. As he jolted his head from right to left, he began to hear Anira screaming as she fought an unknown force. He quickly held her and shook her awake.

Anira woke up in a cold sweat, with eyes that still hadn't adjusted to the darkness, and began to fight against whatever held her. Suddenly Kresch's calming voice began to speak in her ear. "My love, it is just me." She stopped fighting and let her eyes adjusted slowly and he came into focus. She tightly wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his chest. Her breathing, that had been ragged, began to slow down, allowing her to speak.

"It was horrible..." She barely managed to whisper into his chest. "There was blood everywhere. My kingdom in ruins. You were dead. My people dead." She fought back tears as she clutched him tightly. "I was covered in your blood. You lay before me, slain." Kresch rubbed her back comfortingly as she forced the words out. "There was nothing I could do. I had failed everyone."

The worry in Kresch's mind was astounding. He had never cared for anyone like he cared for Anira. As he held her, he slowly began to rock her, whispering her favorite song, Light of the Dragon, in Elvish. It was the first time he had spoken in her native tongue, and he hoped it would soothe her. He continued to rock her comfortingly.

Anira brought her face slightly away from Kresch's chest, her eyes wide with surprise. She had never heard him speak Elvish before, she had not even known he could speak it. He was also singing her favorite song. How did he know that? She thought to herself as suddenly her eyelids began to grow heavy. She would ask him all of her questions in the morning, but here in his strong arms, his voice softly singing to her, and the feeling of safety allowed her to fall into a deep a dreamless slumber.

Kresch did not sleep that night. He sang to her all throughout the night and into the morning, never letting her out of his arms. She did not toss nor turn once during this time, something Kresch was relieved to see. As the early morning hour was upon them, Anira began to stir. Kresch had his eyes closed as she opened hers, looking up at him, she began to speak.

"You haven't slept all night again. I am so very sorry, my love." She said quietly placing a hand gently against his cheek. She placed her lips against his then pried herself from his arms and stood. "I feel very bad for making you stay up once again. I promise I will not let it happen again." She said as she quickly dressed and waited for him to join her. She quickly realized that she had to work with Ourania today and have her get used to everything. Anira really did not want to but she knew she had too.

As she began to step out of the room he stopped her, "Just know that it is my decision to watch over you. You must not apologize for the things I do. You are in a lot of stress with this whole new list of responsibilities you have. I am here to help lift these burdens from your shoulders. So please, my lady, do not think you are bringing any problems or that you are a problem to me." And with that he brought her in close to him and held her.