Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiro shrieked as the dark essence inside her was unleashed, her mind was pulled to the brinks of insanity and overcome with the sudden freezing cold of demonic suppression. Kol hit her hard in the stomach, her body caving in to his will. Walls of light seemed to spin around her as she was lifted onto Kol's shoulders and sucked into the darkness of his shadows. Her mind was racing, her immortal heart pounding, yet she couldn't control her movements. The physical paralysis scared her to death as the blizzarding cold overwhelmed her mind and soul.

This was a bad idea! I need to get me and Tyson to safety! I need to get away!

Her mind fought to get away from this cruel beast as she was dragged farther and farther into the darkness with him. The cold crawled over her whole body, she began to shiver in fear as she was finally brought before the master of darkness. When she laid her eyes on him her mind screamed.

I must get away!

The darkness overwhelmed her, she fought against it, desperately trying to gain a hold of her sanity.
She felt herself being suddenly held against a large cold being,

Kol?!

His grasp was like cold stone, his touch was of ice, her body began to shiver. Her head rest in the crook of his neck against his shoulder. She could sense his sharp claws barely caressing her throat. All Shiro could do in response was to watch in utter paralysis as the Demon Prince and Kol interacted before her.
The dark energy surging around them like black magnetic forces, pulling her body into suffocation. She watched in horror, awaiting the Demon Prince's action.

She prayed she would live through this,

God help me, God help Tyson, God give me strength, give me protection. I live to serve you, I can not let me and my partner die now. Help me overcome these dark forces and return to you.

At first Tessara couldn't believe it. But as they stared each other down, weapons raised and muscles braced, she could see that he was totally serious. He was ready to die before he would be a tool. It was frustrating like nothing else to the demoness; she had no leverage over him, no way to make him do what she wanted. Yet somewhere buried deep in her blackened heart, Tess felt a spark of... joy? No, not joy; it was something else, something she didn't know.

Setting that strange sensation aside, Tessara slowly moved her hand up, the needles dissipating into nothing. "You would foolishly die here, wouldn't you. Fine. I won't kill you. But don't put up that fancy sword just yet." Tessara slowly lowered her hand to her side. She couldn't make her body fully relax, but some of the tension left.

"Alright, half. You care not for my world, and there is a fight beginning which you are not a part of. I wish to insure my lord's safety--I'm sure you can understand that-- so as a small sign of trust I will tell you this: the easiest way to keep my lord safe is to have you and the other half return to the mortal world. If it will send the both of you home, would you be willing to help me?"

James pondered and calculated the possibility in his head while never moving his gaze for the demoness, if she was correct he could finally go back home and go underground until this prosperous conquest of power came to an end. Though he had nothing to go home to it'd be better then staying in this infernal realm and constantly be attacked by others finishing to use his power for their personal gain, sighing he snapped his fingers causing his sword and shield to dissolve into the atmosphere around them. "Not even a day has passed and I've made a deal with two demons, it seems I draw the wrong but sometimes cute people to me," an almost unnoticeable smile formed as he replied before turning his gaze to carefully stroke the snake resting around his neck. "So, what do you propose our first course of action is then for our temporary partnership?"

The attempt at flattery passed over Tessara without even the bat of an eyelash. "We get the girl. I told you not to put that thing away yet. Draw your sword and get ready; we're going to take a look at what we missed." Summoning her demon-given abilities, Tessara's magic flowed through the pocket and opened a small hole in the air beside her. She turned her body slightly, keeping herself diagonal to the half as a precaution, and looked through at the place they had come from.

Tyson lay on the ground unconscious and unmoving. The fact that his body was still there meant his soul wasn't obliterated, so the angel wasn't dead yet. Evidently he wasn't important to the others--at least, not to those who won. The half was more important, and so she had been taken somewhere else. Maybe the angel knew where. It was the easiest place to start.

And wouldn't Tyson be so happy to see her again, Tessara thought with a dark smirk.

Edge felt eyes upon him and heard Kol speak before he even looked his swords were at his side. Turning towards the other fallen angel, Edge grinned under his helmet "What makes you think I wont just stab you through the angel? I have no use for he anyway." He bluffed, and he tried to hide it, gripping his swords tighter like he was going to strike. he thought to himself Damn Shiro, you should've just killed this traitor so I didn't have to deal with this.... Looking to Shiro's eyes, he growled out darkly "What a brave little angel, taking some demon essence inside of you. That's kind of how I started, a took some essence from a demon to save my life, the past demon king poisoning me himself.... It was a good battle, the leader of gods forces versus the Demon King, and he ended up winning.....But we both know what happened next. I was an angel like you, loyal and had good intentions but just like that your God casted me aside! I suppose I should thank him once I breach heavens walls...He did let me finish my revenge!" He held up a sword and pointed it too Kol "And you. A traitor thirsty for power...You think you can beat the army of chaos you fool?"

Shiro stared across the sandy expanse at the ruler of the demons. The lord of the black souls, the king of the underworld. And yet in all the midst of her greatest fears she felt an eerie calmness settle over her limp form.

There was nothing she could say or do that would change what was about to happen. Her body, paralyzed, and completely vulnerable. All she could do was pray for protection and that she wouldn't be killed. A single tear rolled down the side of her face as she closed her eyes, bracing for any sort of attack. The small drop falling onto Kol's arm.

When the demon prince hesitated, Shiro opened her eyes expecting to see a dark force hurdling towards her and Kol. In astonishment she stared ahead at the Prince who stood there waiting for Kol's answer. His armored hands holding up a massive demonic weapon, pointed strait at her capture.

The strange calmness settled over her entire system and she could feel a tingling start in her toes.

The feeling was coming back!

Still unable to move she looked up at Kol above her, his powerful arms plastering her small form to his. His dark eyes staring hate at the dark soul before them.

Kol was unfazed by Edge's obvious bluff. Kol let a light chuckle emit from his throat and a grin cross his face "If she were useless, you would have already attacked me. You and I both have seditious minds Edge and as you and I both know, there is no better look on your opponents face then their look of disbelief after they had been injured. To back up that statement, If she were of no value to you, why did you order me to make sure no harm befell her in the mortal world". Kol was now causing the shadows around him to churn and blacken. "Plus, I do not intend of taking on your entire army, for what is the point in chopping off the heads of a hydra when they will only grow back in greater numbers? However, if you destroy the heart, the heads will die with it. You have not the capacity to summon your entire army here while I can summon the entirety of mine in a moments notice. Face it Edge, this time I'm holding all the cards. So then, will we be negotiating, or will we not". Now tens of dozens of bright red eyes could be seen within the expanding shadows. Kol's servants were ready to attack the moment he gave the order.

Last edited by a moderator:
She stared at the knife. And then in the direction of where the 'demon' had gone of to.
And then back at the knife again.
Dropping the bag on the ground she opened it. Edges calm treatment had helped her calm down strangely enough. Like a prey giving up in the end. But now her mind worked autonomously.
Taking the bow. Stringing it. Putting on the gloves. And hanging the quiver on her waist. It was something she knew and felt comfortable around. Though now it felt different somewhat. Yet she couldn't put her finger on it.

In deep thoughts Alyssa soon found her self standing and staring down at the knife. Slowly she bent down and grabbed the hilt. Carefully pulling it out from the ground. It was uncomfortable to hold. Looking around once more seeing nothing and no one nearby. She started walking. No way would she stay. Even if that would have been the most logical thing to do....

Edge shook his head yes, sliding his swords back against his sides and spoke calmly "That's a good point Kol, but lets not forget that I can easily hold off your forces as mine began coming into this world, and then the fight will quickly turn into my favor! But I'm afraid your right, I dont want to waste my energy on fighting you or your silly shadow's, so lets negotiate..... What would you want in return for Shiro?" He put his swords away as a sign of push, feeling a bit uneased at how much stronger Kol's minions were than his.

Kol laughed at the prince's reply. "All I want is amnesty. It is rather irritating with you and your servants dogging me everywhere. I have more important things to do than to play hide and seek. Since Shiro was the main reason for coming after me in the first place, pursuing me after this transaction will be a waste of time". Kol indeed had other things to do before he tried to take on Edge. There were still a few pieces missing before he could execute his plan. Until then, he needed as much breathing room as he can get. "So, do we have an accord? It's hardly a bad deal. After all, we both know that I am not quite strong enough to defeat you currently. Accepting my offer insures that you wont be seeing me. At least, for the time being".

"Yes mistress," he sarcastically replied as his sword reformed in his hand then he gave it a small swing for good measure, he was interested in what the female demon was doing then absent mindedly stroke the snake's head as he pondered what he was going to do next. He stopped stroking the snake's head then began to move forward, within a few strides he had walked around then ended up behind her almost touching; the portal and demoness interested him so like it wasn't some weird vortex created by a demon he poked his own head in. He shifted himself to the right to achieve a better view and that was when he saw the male angel that he had vaguely seen before getting warped into this place, "Looks like the angel I saw after agreeing to help Kol, I wonder why they didn't take him with them," he whispered then turned his head to examine the new location.

Shiro's frightened eyes flicked to her capture and the massive dark force standing before her. The tingling warmth gradually spreading up her knees.
She focused on trying to regain movement. her mind almost completely overwhelmed in the blinding cold darkness of Lord Edge's aurora. His invisible darkness invading her deepest thoughts, threatening to break her.

Get away....

Shiro closed her eyes and wiggled her toes, their movement little more then before. A bleak light of hope.
Shiro desperately tried to block out the darkness that overwhelmed her and focus on her escape. She could now mover the tips of her feet, burying them in the hot sand.

You need to get away...

~

Tyson shifted in the sand, he felt a cool force move about underneath the ground, unsettling the sand about him. His back burned hot, the unforgiving sun beating down on him for what seemed like hours.
Keeping his eyes closed he felt the ground shift again and slowly opened them. His vision was hazy, the surreal world a blur.

Tyson lay on his stomach, his head bent to the side. His white hair resting on the small unkempt, mountains of desert sand. He opened and closed his eyes multiple times, trying to clear away the fogginess in his vision. As the ground rumbled again his eyes snapped open.

He was alone. Where was Shiro?

His vision slightly cleared. He slid a hand along the ground closer to his face. He sluggishly rubbed his eyes trying to grasp the situation. It felt as if his body was floating over a burning building. His skin itched with a dark heat.
Tyson remembered the injection Kol had given him and wondered if that was the reason for his bodies internal burning sensation.

Again the ground gave a slight rumble. Tyson's mind finally came too and he sensed a huge black soul moving beneath him.

Instantly he wanted to get up and run, he quickly lifted himself off of the desert floor. The blood in his head draining as his head spun in dizziness. And intense feeling of nausea swept over his body as he fell again to the floor. His joints ached horribly, the poison still not completely extinguished. His body throbbing in pain. He clenched his teeth. The world spun around him, confusion, fear, anger. Tyson tried to raise to his feet again.
On unstable legs he finally rose to a crawling position. His head in his hands as he rested on his knees. Trying to get past the intense ailment and agony of his body, he began to unfurl his wings. The tattoos on his arched back sparkled in bright light and feathers began to emerge.

I have to get to Shiro... Where ever she is, and get away from this dark force around me... I have to be strong.

Tyson rose to one knee, prepared to rise to his feet. He sensed Shiro's distress from somewhere far away.

Get past this...

Tyson focused on unfurling his massive white wings, as they ripped from his form, the dark poison inside of him recoiled in fury and attacked his weak body. Tyson yelped in the black agony that scorched his mind. The poison, even in it's eve of defeat still burning bright hot through his veins. The world shot into an abyssal darkness around him and he crumpled to the floor. His body giving into the black that overtook him.

She lifted her bow as she walked. There was this strange feeling inside again. pulling out an arrow from the quiver. Aiming towards a tree she breathed in and out slowly then releasing the arrow... Nothing speical happened. Well she didn't seem speical at all that was for sure.

Walking over to the tree she pulled the arrow out. When a sudden dark and horrifying feeling came from behind her in the distance. Frightened she spun arround and raised her bow the arrow notced and ready. This time small swirls of light played along the wooden bow. The string glowing gently.

Surprised Alyssa lowered it looking at the sudden change. Though it faded away as soon as she did so.
was that what they had been talking about??

Edge swore under his breath, and growled out "Fine Kol, you'll have your damn alone time...but the next time I see you I'm not going to hesitate to stab you through that thin little chest of yours. And just to make things clear, YOU will never be strong enough to face ME!" Looking towards the angel, Edge tilted his head slightly and said "Shiro dear, please don't try and run...I'm not in much of a mode to play bird and dragon."

He stuck his hand out to shake hands with the demon, to finish the deal. It was rare for Edge to make deals, he usually just took whatever he wanted, but this time Kol did have a bit of an upper hand.

With a smirk Kol retracted the claws from his hand. Then he snapped his fingers and the red eyes faded and the shadows reverted to their normal state. "I'm glad we could reach an accord", Said the demon grasping Edge's hand with his and shaking it. Kol released his grip on Shiro and let her plop down onto the smooth sand. "Farewell Shiro", Kol said mockingly, "It was fun while it lasted". Kol was about to leave when he remembered something. He reached down at Shiro's waist and took the soul cylinder from her belt. "Wont be needing to protect this anymore. Oh and Edge, you may want to lock her up somewhere for a while first. With her current temperament, you would probably lose it and kill her". After saying that, Kol sank into the shadows and departed the area.

Kol traveled through the shadows until he was far enough away that Edge could not detect him. He surfaced beneath what seemed to be the largest tree in the forest. Kol had reverted back to his robed form and held the soul cylinder in his left had. He looked at it for a while. The soul was obviously terrified at what had transgressed and more so at the thought of what lay ahead. "Sad wouldn't you say? Even an angel can be reduced to nothing more than a bargaining chip if given the right opportunity". Kol jumped up to the lowest branch of the massive tree and placed the cylinder in a small gap between the trunk and the base of the branch. "Lucky for you I am not one to torture children out of sport". Kol left the soul there and jumped back down to the sandy ground. "I know you are still listening Keeper. I can still tell even if you try to hide your presence. I suggest yo send someone for that soul before some other creature gets it". With that, Kol once again sank into the shadows and made his way to the other angel that was still recovering.

• Love
Reactions: whitewings
Tessara watched as the angel tried to pull himself up, only to collapse once again. "That's why they didn't take him: because he's not worth anything. Poor Tyson; not even good enough to be prey." Tessara let a dark smirk pull at her lips for a moment. It passed, and the time to act came. "Maybe he'll be worth something for information, at least. Go see how he's doing." It was an order, and with it Tessara flexed her magic. The small window in the air expanded, filling the space in front of the half and then even stretching under his feet. He was dropped through before he had a chance to say anything about it.

Tessara flitted down behind him, touching gracefully onto the sand some distance from Tyson and looking around. Kol's presence wasn't entirely gone from the area. Or at least, those like Kol weren't entirely gone. So maybe Tyson's worth was bait? What an amusing thought. Tessara tensed slightly, ready to act, but didn't let the half notice. She wanted to see if he had any more worth than the angel that lay in the sand.

• Love
Reactions: whitewings
Up in the heavens, keeper watched quietly as the events unraveled before him. Floating screens of images flashed, he had eyes on everything when they happened, and before they happened. He saw Kol make the deal with edge and watched as Shiro was taken into custody. Also as Tyson lay unconscious in the sand, guarded carefully by the massive dark force swirling in the ground beneath him.

"Get up Tyson... Get up!" Keeper spoke into the microphone attached to his white headset. The screen zoomed in closely on Tyson's face.

Tyson's eyes flinched on the monitor.
Keeper breathed out heavily as no further movement was made.

He has to get up and get Shiro out of Edge's sanctity.

Seeing both the angels vulnerable brought Keeper fear. Keeper's head dropped into his hands and he anxiously began to weigh his options. He needed to send in help, or there was a good chance either of the angels could die.

I can't let Edge get close enough to attack the gates....

Reaching an explanation Keeper spun around on his floating white stool and kicked away from his floating white desk. He faced the angels guarding the doorway. Suddenly attracting their attention he spoke, "Get me Celthric of the guardians! I need him to enter Limbo immediately. Tell him it's urgent from Keeper."

The guards nodded and quickly exited the white room. Keeper then swiveled back around to his desk space and examined the floating screens.

"I need view of the Gates." Keeper said into the mouthpiece. Instantaneously a current view of the golden Gates appeared on screen. He watched as angelic soldiers stood their ground. Swords in hand. Their feet planted firmly and eyes staring dead ahead. The gate was secure. For now...

Darkness, is coming. But I won't let it get that far...

Celthric was already ready, his hawk sat on his shoulder, his arrow's in his quiver, his two swords magically conjoined into one big curved swords in one hand, and the other his bow. A few minutes after being called to go into Limbo, he stood infront of the portal that lead him to battle. Taking a running jumped, Scorch flew from his shoulder's going into the portal before him. The bright sun of Limbo blinded Celthric as he was sent out of a white storm cloud towards the sandy grounds of Limbo. Landing on his feet, sand flew all around him, and once again settled onto the ground. Scorch flew high above him, and quickly thinking the command, "Fly the area, check to see where everyone is." Viewing the landscape for himself, it all looked the same to him. Asking the Keeper outloud "Hey Keeper, What's the mission? Scorch is seeing several dark signatures, and two holy ones. Search and rescue I'm guessing? Hold up, he is seeing a extremely dark on- Is that the Dark Prince? Did you send me on a suicide mission Keeper?"

Keeper saw the guardian angel head through the portal. Pressing multiple keys on his desk at once, Keeper directed the portal to Limbo. Following Celthric's decent into the desert expanse, heathen eyes immediately closed in on him. Keeper expanded the image window with a few clicks of his keyboard. Instantly the image stretched all the way around his desk. Keeper had a full 360 view of the surroundings through Celthric's eyes. Keeper flipped down a tinted eye shade from his head set, this mask fused with the image around him and allowed Keeper to watch the other open screens simultaneously as he interacted with Celthric. Upon hearing the angel's statement Keeper spoke into the mouth piece. His eyes constantly flicking to the other images,

"No Celthric, unless you are cautious this wont be a one way trip. I look forward to seeing you again." Keeper clicked a few more keys on the flat desk top, white squares and various other polygons lit up under his moving fingers. The screen now angled itself so Keeper had a full view of Celthric, as if he were standing directly in front of him,

"This mission will require search, rescue, and back up. I don't advise you to go anywhere near the dark prince and the angel held with him... At least for now. If things turn bad for the angel in his possession I'll have you seize the angel Shiro, and the Female half soul by any means necessary. For now, our goal is the capture of Tyson, the male angel. Without him you have no chance if you are to encounter the Dark Prince alone. However,Tyson is currently unconscious due to a poison the Prince had administered to him forcefully. His body is currently trying to recover using an essence of black forces given by the demon, Kol. Unfortunately he may not survive his body's reaction to the dark spirit inside of him. We will need to get rid of it as soon as possible if we have any chance of him surviving. Although Kol had said it should wear off eventually, Tyson isn't showing any signs of release."

Keeper slid his hand across the board in one swift motion and a flask dropped to the sand in front of the angel on screen.

"Have him drink this when you have Tyson in your possession. It should cause his body to reject the dark spirit. But before you can get to Tyson there is a massive dark force guarding him. Compliments of the demon Kol. Be prepared for a fight, if one are to break, the demon is quite restless and territorial. Oh well what do we have here..." Keeper paused, clicking forward onto the screen watching Tyson, "It seems our brother Tyson has some visitors, a Female Demon by the name of Tessara, a feisty devil she is, be careful around that one. And the male half soul... Perfect." Keeper switched back to the view of Celthric, "Alright, lay low, all immortal senses both dark and heathen are amplified in Limbo, this means the Dark Prince has already sensed your arrival and will be undoubtedly ready for any sort of attack. Celthric, this is the ultimate arena. Be cautious, use your hawk to find Tyson, and keep your guard out for Dark spirits, trust no one. I'll be with you the entire journey. I have eyes on everything." Keeper took in a breath before speaking again.

"When you have the two angels in your possession, be prepared for a fight. you already know Edge is planning on taking down the Gates and challenging the creator himself. We can't let his dark forces infiltrate heaven. We have to stop him before he can get to us, and that happens here in Limbo. Fighting along side of the two angels and the half souls will be your greatest advantage, in the start of the final battle I'll send in a drove of angelic soldiers to help fend off Edge's demons, you and the team will fight Edge head on. Seeing a rise up against Edge may also empower Kol to make a move also... but we can't rely on a demon. Find Tyson, and fulfill the mission. I chose you because you are among the strongest this fleet has to offer, this is no test. I bid you God Speed."

"All ri-" suddenly the portal opened up around him and he fell...

James landed with a silent thud and his sword began to dissolve back into the ether until the pommel made contact with his skin once he reached out and retrieved the damned blade. He angrily pushed himself off then ground and instantly spun to look at the demoness, he towered a foot over her and positioned his face mere inches away from her as his eyes coldly glared at her, "If I didn't find you mildly intriguing I would have your little head on a silver platter," he stated before pulling back and taking a few steps away. He padded the winged serpent's head when it angrily hissed its protest then placed the sword's pommel in-between his teeth while he casually brushed himself off then settled the sword back into his grip, it didn't look like he could sense the aura around them but he actually felt it instantly when he was rudely pushed through the portal; it felt familiar like the demon he had previously made a deal with but a lot weaker and a bit more primal. 'Oh light of thy noble beast, grant me the protection of your domain,' upon finishing his silent mantra a golden light appeared on the back of his hand then slowly made its way to his elbow, leaving a trail behind, when it reached its destination it began to swirl and grow until it took on the form of his shield.

James let out a silent sigh, maybe he shouldn't have killed those thugs; maybe if he would have spared them he wouldn't have been pulled into this ridiculous realm with its idiotic, power-hungry inhabitants. 'Pathetic,' with that one word he snapped himself out of his daze then decided it to be best to deploy the old tactic of fooling your allies to fool your enemies. He smirked and with out saying a word he proceed with his ploy and began to strut arrogantly while he was actually ready at a second's notice to drop his little ruse and dive into battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.