Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash was going to intercept to orbs of darkness that Tessara had thrown at his master, but Kol held up his hand as a signal for Ash to hold. Ash obeyed and let the orbs pass him and head strait for his master. Before the orbs could reach him, Kol manipulated the shadows to make two tendrils to catch and consume the orbs. The tendrils quickly receded back into the shadows once they were done. Kol smiled for a quick moment and said "It had just occurred to me that I never had a chance to acquire a sample of your essence Tessara". Kol stood up and turned towards the female demon as she spoke. "Thank you for the contribution. I will make good use of the essence you have donated". Now Kol turned to the male half and said, "as for you. you are free to do what you wish; just so long as you ultimately adhere to our agreement. Making and enemy of me would not be a wise choice". Kol figured that he could not rely on the half to uphold his end of the bargain. After all, Edge possessed more raw power than Kol did and the half was after raw power.

James kept a blank expression as another angel appeared then Kol, the first demon he had made and agreement with did, but inside his anger was starting to boil. His blade hungered to rend demon flesh and consume their essence but with a glare his sword calmed down and became quiet; why did he get stuck with a psychotic sword? When he heard the mention of the female half his body tensed up and he fought hard to quell the urge of roaring and slicing the demon into bits if he had laid a single finger on her. She was his method of reaching his full potential but for some reason something nagged at him for only thinking of her as a power amplifier, he silently snorted and drove that feeling down. "We'll see what the future brings ,Kol, maybe I will or maybe I won't. That depends if I get a better offer." He replied then looked at Tessara.

"It seems my handler thinks it's time for us to leave, shame I would have like to kill that guardian angel before leaving." He sighed then turned and stepped through the portal. This time he kept his eyes open, his sword and shield close but quickly placed his new found pet into his pocket so it wouldn't get lost. "Bloody demons, once I have my power I'll never mess with them or angels again." The raven-haired ,young, man stated.

Tessara smirked at Kol, then followed after the half and let the portal dissipate. You can't bluff when I gave you your cards, she thought derisively. The reason Kol had never acquired her essence was because she never gave it. He'd caught two orbs of darkness laced with a bit of light--magic without substance.

"Let's move. My lord is nearby, as I'm sure you can feel." The sparse forest was teeming with the dark energy that only the Prince himself could exude. It was less than a mile, and Tessara was growing tired of making portals. During the walk, the half could bask in the rush of power being in that darkness gave, growing stronger the nearer to the Prince they drew. It was an ecstasy that Tessara could never find enough of; she could only imagine how amazing the pleasure would be if he would but embrace her.

Tessara looked over at the half, trying to gauge his reaction as they went. It wasn't intentional, but her own pace was slowly increasing the closer she came to her master. "Can you feel it? The power that hangs in the air, the charge it sends through your entire body. That is my master, the Lord of the Infernal Hordes. Rejoice, for he is the one who can grant power."

• Love
Reactions: whitewings
Stopping dead in his tracks, Edge felt the presence of a portal open up close by, and warily he approached the half soul, excepting a surprise attack to happen in an instance. Slowly putting Shiro onto her feet, he pushed her hands behind her back and watched as shadowy binds tied themselves together, her hands being trapped. Saying without even a hint of sarcasm, Edge said "If you even think about trying to escape Shiro, I won't hesitate to strike you down."

Turning to face the female half soul, he nearly collapsed due to large volume of unseen energy connecting to the female half soul from the other half soul emerging from the portal. The raw power pressed against him roughly, but soon eased away once the half's own power settled from the portal. Feeling Tess's essence in the wind, he smiled "Seems like the war has finally been won, right Shiro?"

"Yes I can feel this lord of yours." James replied coldly and started to trudge towards the source. The energy seemed very powerful but he would see with his own eyes and determined whether this lord was great enough for him to terminate his contract with the demon Kol. Kol must have thought himself very smart or very stupid if he actually thought he could slay the source of this dark energy. James noticed Tessara's reaction and snorted; she seemed just like a love-struck school girl. Sickening.

As she sped up he continued on and didn't even bother looking at her again. This power was surging through him, energizing his body and making his sword hum with anticipation and absorb some of the leaking power. "Impressive, it seems I was right to buy into your little game and leave that fool ,Kol, behind. It seems all your bragging about this king was not foolishness after all, demoness." He replied. Besides the power from Tessara's master he could feel something that called out to him; the female half and supposedly his source to unlocking himself.

"Alyssa" she said shortly. Looking at the angel on his shoulder. Now what was she supposed to do.
The girl stood the awkwardly for a moment when she suddenly widened her eyes feeling a surge within. If she had felt a rush before this was like the sugar kick of all time. But having a chance earlier to feel a rush of it although not as big it was more frightening this time.
She had little interest in all this power. What use was it to her?
And this sensation... That other person from back on earth. The one that had embraced her. Yes she was sure it was him. But why?

Turning her head in the direction of the source. It snapped back at his comment of war. Wait a moment she had no intention of fighting a war. That was none of her business. Was she some kind of tool to everyone here.

Though Alyssa wanted to say it she remained silent for some reason. It felt like this wasn't the right time. As if another part of her silently observed and planned. Perhaps her newfound power could one thing at least. Give her a chance to get back home again.. Though right now Alyssa had to figure out how to hand the jar to the angel while it's hands where constriced. Not to mention behind this demon lord...

Tessara's desire proved greater, and she burst free of the trees ahead of the half. The first sight she beheld was her master, Prince Edge, in all his dark splendor. Her heart leaped with joy... and then plummeted with anger. Shiro stood next to him, as though the angel would take Tessara's place beside her lord. Then her eyes fell on the girl from Earth, and Tessara bit back the rage she was about to let loose. She felt that strange emotion again. It was painful, and comforting, and impossible for her to understand--a fact that only compounded the confusion this strange emotion built inside her. Just like that, Tessara felt like a mess.

"My lord! I see you have a prisoner. Do you wish to devour her here?" If only he would, Tessara begged. But the girl was watching. "Or will she be used as a hostage to gain advantage over our enemies?" Which was far too soft a suggestion for the hated angel, but the half drew the words out of her before Tessara could reconsider them. Even then, Tessara wished one of them was true, wished that anything would be true except that which she knew as the truth: he would want her locked in his room forever.

• Love
Keeper watched quietly and smirked at Kol's remark about his monitors. "You haven't changed a bit have you?"

As Tessara and James left Keeper found himself in a state of worry. They had gone after the half soul and Shiro for certainty, but now the half souls were brought close together now. No doubt they would feel the empowering connection, and this would just make it more easier for their containment.

Keeper kept a cool look on his face though these thoughts flew through his mind.

If they get within Edge's grasp it would take a miracle for the angels to separate the half souls once more… Perhaps, James would separate form the female at one point? But this was by only a single chance in millions. But there is always the one possibility, that James would crave the rush of battle and separate from the female to quench his thirst for darkness.

Keeper mulled these thoughts over and over in head. He had sensed a twinge of dark soul in that half soul since the very beginning, unlike Alyssa. Alyssa however felt light, fragile as daisies do; quivering and bending in the breeze. He wasn't sure what Alyssa's choice of action would be once she released her hidden voice, all he could do was hope to God that she wouldn't choose to ride with James.

Staring at Kol Keeper stepped forward, then turned back and motioned to Celthric to follow. Keeper's eyes reflected a look of concern and caution as they met Celthric's.

…..Don't engage unless they attack first Celthric…

Keeper was unsure of Kol's motives, letting them take Tyson so easily. But perhaps this was for real. Unsure of the moments ahead Keeper advanced to Tyson. He was more worried about Celthric and Tyson's well being at the moment, Kol couldn't hurt Keeper at the moment unless he suddenly decided to blast the pixels encompassing Keepers form with a sort of electric current. Easy on his feet Keeper kept eye contact with Kol and Ash, especially Ash and kneeled down next to Tyson.

~

Tyson's body reacted with a start after the essence was removed. The dark pressure and ice like coldness retreated and the warm sunlight washed over his back. His muscles ached and he felt exhausted, as if the dark entity had deprived him of his life force. Gasping as the aurora was lifted, his breath came back to him with force. Like he finally broke the surface after being drowned in the abyssal depths of icy waters. Tyson coughed, the muscles in his hands aching as he dug his nails into the sand. The hot granules falling through the gaps in between his fingers.

What happened, wake up… Wake up

Keeper leaned over his writhing form, and he examined the wounds on Tyson's back. They were healing slowly. This was unnatural, not to mention the poison and essence that penetrated his body hours before. They had undoubtedly stunted his abilities to heal for the time being.

"Are you with me Tyson?" Keeper said lightly and Tyson's closed eyes flinched, at his words. Tyson's jaw muscles flexed as if he were focusing and trying to bite back pain. The essence's release had heightened his exterior senses. He was reborn into a new light having the essence finally released. Keeper's words had been sharp and close, Tyson's hearing now amplified. His angelic senses and various abilities having been suppressed for so long, they were now rebooted. Fully rested and now ready to be empowered just like the birth of a new angel.

Although only temporary, Tyson's senses had been amplified due to the suppression of his abilities for the number of hours.

~

Shiro struggled to release herself from the bindings that held her wrists together. As she was set on her feet she noticed Edge's reaction to something in the atmosphere. He looked focused, his brow furrowed and eyes set strait dead ahead. Listening, watching, feeling... The pause was eerie. He could sense something she could not. Something far, just beyond her range of detecting.
She watched as he approached the female half soul that stood before them. His words were like frozen stone just moments before...

"If you even think about trying to escape Shiro, I won't hesitate to strike you down..."

Shiro decided to not challenge his attack, although a part of her screamed to get away. She pondered if she could fly away fast enough. He never bound her wings. Although it would be difficult to fly with her hands bound, she couldn't help but ponder her possible chance of escape... Quietly she watched, and silently tried to plan her next move.

James snorted as he watched Tessara race ahead of him. "Exactly like some love sick school girl chasing after an older man she can never have." He muttered to himself. The half followed the demoness' path she had created until he walked past the trees and also arrived at the location with an unreadable expression. There was the angel from before, a suit of armor which must have been Tessara's master since it was the source of the energy he was feeling, Tessara herself, then his eyes rested on the last member; the girl from before and his supposed other half. James' expression softened when he studied her face and he felt the familiar pull trying to draw him closer to her but his face hardened back up and he tore his gaze away to look at the others.

James was surprised by what the demoness was saying; if this angel was an enemy why not simply give her a slow death? Though he could feel her rage towards the angel which caused a smile to dug at the corners of his mouth, he did enjoy feeling the negative feelings of others. "So you are this 'great dark lord'? I must admit that's I'm impressed, at first I thought your fanatic here was greatly exaggerating you're powers. I see that she was right and that it was a wise choice for me to follow here." He replied in an icy tone. This demon may have been a king but Jacob feared nor bowed to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Edge smiled deeply behind his mask. He half growled half chuckled out to Tessara "Tess my girl! Very good work indeed!" Hearing the half soul (James) he smiled"Now this is what I'm taking about! A flattering, cocky general for my armies!" Turning to Shiro and the other half, Alyssa, he said "You two should take notes! Now back to business!" The smile instantly fading away, he called to Tessara "Tess, you take Ms. Alyssa and Shiro to our home, show Shiro her new home, and start training Alyssa to be ready for the upcoming fight!" Strolling to James, he grasped his shoulder firmly and looked into his eyes "Time to get to know each other better half soul. I am Lord Edge." Releasing his shoulder, he held a hand out to the half soul, ready to complete his ultimate goal.

Celthric nodded silently to Keeper, signialing that he knew and whistled lowly, his eyes looking up into the sky. A dark shape flew straight down in a nose drive. The one splitted into two, and as the arrow flew to the ground, exploding into energy, Scorch flew back to Celthric's shoulder. Catching up with Keeper, he glared at the demon Kols guard, Ash, but quickly returned his gaze to Keeper and then Tyson he extended a hand to help up his fellow Angel.

"My lord! Surely you would not bring an angel into your palace! You do not need this angel!" Tessara reached out and rested her hands on Edge's arm. "It would be better if you killed her now. She is worthless. She is nothing!" She had touched the Prince. She was still touching him, without his permission. But surely she was his greatest servant! Surely he would not fault her this small misdeed. She was special to him; he would listen to her because she meant something to him! Desperately Tessara wanted to believe it--but her hopes were more fragile than a glass jar, shattered with a single blow.

Shiro scowled at Edge when he turned to recite his sarcastic words.

Her gaze then flicked to the Demoness, now basically hanging on the Demon Princes arm. And how the female soul lurched at the opportunity for Shiro's immediate death.

What have I ever done to you?

Shiro blinked and looked out to the desert, awaiting the Demon kings answer.

Why would Edge want to capture me? Why would he wait to kill me? He's the Prince, and the Prince doesn't care for prisoners.

Shiro reverted her eyes to that of the female half soul, now in such proximity of the other. Her eyes continuously flicking back to Shiro.

What is she looking at? It almost seems like she want's to tell me something?

Edge's mood changed in an instant. Growling, he slowly turned to Tessara and knocked her hand off. Taking a step towards her, he pushed her back and growled, his eyes growing a deep blood red. Shadows formed around his legs in anger, and in the blink of an eye he grabbed Tess by the throat and lifted her into the air "You dare try and command me? Tell me what she is worth? Know your place." Tossing her aside, he cooled down and turned to Shiro sighing "Its not what you HAVE done, its what you havent. You angels have a certain .....innocence to your essence, and yours is by far the strongest I've smelt in a long time....."

Tessara hit the dirt and rolled, grasping at her throat as air began to flow into her once again. She coughed as the pain shot through her neck, but stopped herself immediately. She could not be so weak. She pulled herself to one knee and forced herself to breathe normally, denying the burning in her throat--for surely it was nothing compared to the burning in her heart. "As you wish, my lord. I will begin the jumps."

Tessara summoned her energy and created the portal. She could not reach the infernal gates in a single jump--she did not carry the power Edge held--but she knew the small pockets that stretched to it and could covertly move them along. The hole appeared and formed itself into an arched doorway, Tessara standing beside it to hold it open. "Alyssa. Please bring Shiro through here." Alyssa. Alyssa. She knew the girl's name now. She held onto that name, repeating it over and over in her mind, turning it into a mantra to maintain her composure. Alyssa. Alyssa.

Purpose.

She looked at Tess for a moment before she realised what was expected of her. Reluctantly Alyssa looked around at everyone. Resting her eyes on james a moment longer than the others. But then shook her head freeing her self from the weird feeling she got from it. With a gentle nudge on Shiro to move. The half soul steered them towards Tess and the portal.

Moving her bag a bit as if correcting it from an uncomfortable position. She squeezed the side of it to move the jar closer to the side where the zipper hadn't closed completely allowing a person looking straight down on it to notice it. The entire process gave her goosebumps. Just the thought of being caught made her heart pump faster.

James folded his arms across his chest as he listened to Edge praise Tessara then smiled in James' direction. Flattering? Yeah....no, James was actually more sarcastic than anything, but he didn't feel like correcting the demon. Now a cocky general of an army, that James was fond of hearing. That simply meant he'd have more power which was one of the two things desired. As the king made his way over to took ahold of the half soul's shoulder he met Lord Edge's gaze. "James..." He replied then took and shook his hand without any hesitation.

When they released each other then Edge had a little conflict with Tessara the half soul had to suppress a growl. He also missed the look Alysaa had given him. This king may be his ticket to gain all the power he wanted but his allegiance was with the demoness he had just thrown. "You should treat your servants better." He stated in a cold tone then walked over and stood beside Tessara. "And you shouldn't take that from him, even if you are a demon, a male should never hit a female." He growled softly.

Tessara wasted no time in putting that statement to the test. The half did not know his place; no, he lacked even the basic awareness the serpent in his pocket held. Anybody with half a brain would have known to shut up. As James was trying to put himself between her and her master, Tessara's emotions reacted before her thoughts could process it, before James had even finished his statement.

One hand gripped the half's forearm, the other clamped onto his shoulder. Her right leg swept both of his out from under him and she flipped James forward, landing him squarely on his back to blow the wind from his lungs. She couldn't tell if his shoulder had been dislocated from the throw or not, nor did she particularly care; her only concern was ceasing his pathetic, vile words. Behind her, the gate wavered slightly, then regained its solidity.

"I serve my master, half. Your words will not change that. If you ever try to divide me and my master again, I will cut out your tongue."
The hubris this thing held! Did he think he could turn her against her master with a few pretty words? Did he want her to become a part of his army for when he would betray the Prince as Kol did? Did he think he could do anything here when he had no power, no knowledge, and no allies? Tessara didn't even see a need to kill the half; he would get himself killed easily enough, and the Prince would exploit him in the meantime. He would never gain his power, so he would never become a feasible threat--that much Tessara would ensure.

Tessara left the half and her master. She stepped into the portal behind Alyssa--giving Shiro a rough shove for no particular reason--and the gate closed.

The three stood in a meadow. Flowers of every kind surrounded them, a colorful, chaotic display of beauty. Yet the flowers could not be touched; if one reached out her hand to feel the petals, she would instead feel a solid barrier separating her from them. Tessara had never felt disappointed about this, for she had known what the flowers were since the first time she saw them. Rather, Tessara was feeling relief now that she stood in that tiny pocket. "Alyssa. Are you well?"

Shiro was in retort at Edge's comment before she was thrust through the portal,

Essence of innocence that Edge wants? Why does he crave my essence? How come he has kept me alive so long? Am I some sort of morbid keepsake? Doomed to the forever life imprisoned as a battle trophy?

Shiro mumbled to herself in the darkness of the portal when her collectors senses kicked into focus. Shiro's eyes were drawn to a soft blue glow coming from Alyssa's bag. And from a familiar little jar, Shiro saw the small orb of light.

My Treasure! Darling I've found you! How did Alyssa find you!? I love you! I can't believe you are alive!
I'll take you away from this place. You'll be free! How I've missed you...
Tears pooled in Shiro's eyes as she looked down at the small jar, when suddenly the portal gave way to a glorious meadow of flowers. Sunlight cast across the land, brightening their frothy petals as they shivered in the immortal breeze. Shiro's eyes were ripped away from the jar as the sudden burst of light and color hit her like a rock wall. The world was covered in beautiful red's and blues, green's and yellows, purples and pinks. The colors melted together and their light fragrances flooded the world around them.

........How could Limbo be so beautiful?

Shocked and amazed Shiro turned to face Tessara, "...Where are we?"

.............I guess even demons have a sense of beauty...

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Kol couldn't help but let out a quick chuckle at the sight of Keeper being so cautious. "You always were jittery while out in the field. It really isn't much of a wonder why you couldn't get any better than a desk job". Kol had a light but very detectible hint of sarcasm as he spoke. He was about to entertain himself a bit more with the conversation when Kol noticed something. Well, more like didn't notice something. Kol could no longer sense either Shiro or the essence embedded inside her. Kol let a grin cross his face. He turned towards Ash and ordered him to retune home. Ash bowed his head slightly and sank beneath the shadows. In a few moments, Ash's presence was gone.

"Now then, I shall take my leave". Kol snapped his fingers and the shadows behind him began to churn. Soon, a massive black arched doorway protruded from the tar-like shadows. A key with a snake head molded on the head of it appeared in the palm of Kol's left hand. "The stage is set and the curtain is about to rise on my little play. It is now time for the actors to take their positions, and the audience to take their seats". Kol inserted the key into a keyhole that seemed to appear as the key neared the door as he spoke. Turning the key, Kol opened the door. A massive plume of smoke billowed out of the archway. Kol coughed slightly and tried to fan the smoke away from his mouth with his hand. "I do so hate using this back door, but with Edge likely still rather angered by my actions, I have little choice. Well then, I shal take my leave". Kol gave a sarcastically overemphasized gentleman's bow to the Keeper and the guardian and turned to enter the sulfuric cloud. He was halfway through when he stopped a moment. Kol turned his bead back towards Keeper and uttered 3 quick words," Keep Shiro safe". Kol's voice was free of sarcasm when he said this, instead, there was only sincerity. With that Kol entered the cloud and the door shut behind him with a loud thunk. The door itself, sank below the shadows and ,in a matter of moments, all was normal.

"We're in a black hole--one of my special pockets that blocks your omnipresent leader. Now be silent, angel." Angel, she called her. Tessara would never recognize her as a person with a name; she was angel, much as a dog was mutt. Tessara turned away from the bound angel to face a pair of enormous sunflowers, both towering a foot above their heads. The demoness closed her eyes and began a low chant.

The door to the land that stands in neutrality.
The land that is not Holy, nor wholly Unholy.
The home that I have come to call my own.

A fierce wind swept around the clearing, shaking all the flowers and gathering clouds of pollen into the air. A cyclone swirled around them, yet not even the smallest breeze caressed the three at the center. The two sunflowers stood steady amid the storm, facing Tessara as though they were listening attentively to her summons.

Open for us and let us in, into your hidden gardens.
No death, nor war, nor destruction carry we into you;
But sanctuary we do seek in the land that stands in neutrality.

No side do you take in the endless war of light and dark.
No fight will we make while here we dwell, not within thy borders,
O land that is not Holy, nor wholly Unholy.

As these flowers are a shield to keep your secret hidden,
So too are we sworn to not share how to enter into here,
The home that I have come to call my own.

As one not Holy, nor wholly Unholy, open now your door for me
And for those I bring with me for refuge from the war.
And let us into the home that I have come to call my own.

Even as the furious tornado spun around the clearing, the golden cloud of pollen parted between the sunflowers to reveal a door. Slowly, reverently, the old wood swung inward, opening itself to admit those seeking its sanctuary. Tessara stepped forward first, passing into the dim parlor on the other side. The raging winds faded into the distance as she entered the serenity of the quiet house. She was home.

"Alyssa, come; the door cannot stay open for long. And bring the prisoner with you."

The place they stood was only an entryway, three meters wide and ten meters long leading to a single door at the far end. Two large mirrors ran the length of the room along each wall, tall enough to reflect the entire body. Tessara stood between them now, enjoying turning from one to the other. On the left was the Unholy--the darkness within her, that which wished to rip off angels' wings and tear apart their shimmering hearts. Looking into the glass surface, Tessara saw a hideous, black demon with fangs and two short, sharp horns on her head. Its blackened claws reached out with the intent to kill. On the right was the Holy--the pure emotions that her heart contained, the ones that drove her to keep this home. When she turned to this mirror, Tessara saw a small figure. She was the size of a toddler, with soft pink hair and clothes and small arms stretching out for a loving embrace.

Every enter who passed that hallway could see both halves of themselves--just themselves, not the others. Tessara's demon was far larger, and she had no doubt that Shiro's demon would be miniscule compared to her angel. But Alyssa... as a half, Tessara wondered what she would see in the mirrors. Perhaps an angel and demon of equal size? Perhaps one would be noticeably larger? Or perhaps she would see nothing at all? Tessara did not know, nor could she know; only Alyssa could look into her own mirrors.

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.