Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
She had quietly nodded to Tessara when she had entered this strange but beautiful place. It felt so strange to suddenly stand in such a place it was almost mesmerising. Though Alyssa was soon brought back down to. Where ever this was again. As Tessara said something sounding like a chant. And the winds where worrying though she did trust Tess a bit more compared to the rest of the ones involved in all this. She looked towards Shiro and nudged for her to move again. This was apparently just a mid stop.

As they walked in she noticed that Tessara was looking into the large mirrors in the hallway. Curious as she her self didn't notice much strange about Tess's image then saw her own on the side which she at the moment didn't know was the one standing for the dark.
What she saw there made her gasp and freeze. A shadow... No the darkness around the figure was darker than even that. It's lines cut trough the surroundings and light. And facing back at her from the mirror in all this where two white glowing emotionless eyes. She recognised her self still. The shape and posture of the body was like her own. The entire image scared her. When it suddenly grinned she ripped her eyes away from it. Coming to face the other side.

She saw her self again. But this time it was so different. Her image was naked. Only a layer of frost covering the body. A soft glow came from around the edges. But when she saw her own eyes they where distant. They two images where like night and day to her. Alyssa felt distressed and simply closed her eyes. "Tess what is this place?!"

Edge couldn't help but smile. Tess served him faithfully, even when he lost his temper. Grasping James arm, he pulled him up and said all to seriously "I'd advise to keep your tongue silent next time General James.... Walk with me." Turning slightly, Edge stabbed his clawed gauntlet into the soft ground and cracks spread out around the two like a spiders web. As the rocks around them fell Edge stood straight up and said "Stand straight, don't hold your breath, and keep your eyes closed: Don't need you dying just yet on me James."

As the rocks finally gave way beneath the two men, they began falling. A second into it, it felt like they were falling forward, backward, up, and down. At the same time however, you couldn't tell which direction you were going. Finally, they were at their destination: Hell. They stood in the throne room Edge's personal adviser sat curled into a ball at the feet of the throne, its little tail swishing back and forth. Jumping up upon seeing Edge, it fluttered towards the two "My Lord! You have finally returned! Shall I prepare some souls for- Nevermind I see you brought back your own!" The imp spoke noticing James as it sat upon James shoulder.

• Love
Reactions: whitewings
James started laughing when Tessara flipped him on the floor and then vanished with the angel and the girl half-soul. When his new 'lord' grasped his arm and helped him up he simply smirked and nodded his head. "Excuse the way I had acted, my lord, I wanted to see if for certain she truly followed you and wasn't like that other demon; Kol." He explained then brushed himself off. He watched with a somewhat curious expression as Edge stabbed a finger into the ground and it began to open up in front of him. Though his expression faded into a cold, indifferent, one once his lord addresses him. "As you wish." He replied formally then closed his eyes before the rocks under them fell and they plummeted down.

The half-soul had to admit, the journey to Lord Edge's domain was thrilling and all the darkness around them made him feel at home. When they arrived, the young man opened his eyes as waves of despair and other negative emotions followed around and through him; he felt his power bubbling and his body hummed mentally at it. Then he noticed some odd looking creature resting on by the throne until it noticed their arrival and fluttered over the two and landed on James' shoulder. His newly acquired snake slithered out of the young man's pocket; sensing the imp and kissed angrily at it, wanting it away from her new master. But the serpent calmed down once her master scratched her chin then curled around James' neck. "I'm not food, though I may choose to dine on you if you irritate me, imp."

Keeper grinned leaning over Tyson,
Desk Job huh? Good one.
crouching next to his fallen angel he watched as the demon took his leave.
What did he mean by his 'little play'? Could he have possibly devised a plan during this time? Were we playing into his hands? What is his motive? Why?
These thoughts crossed his mind after the dark passage way closed, but in his worriment for Tyson he pushed those thoughts away.
Leaning over Tyson's writhing form he closely examined the wounds on his back. Looking to Celthric he spoke, "You're going to have to administer the medicine I had sent you earlier. He's not healing quick enough."
~

Tyson grimaced under the hot sun. The sand burned his skin but he couldn't find the energy to rise from the ground. He could hear voices as if they were talking directly into him, their vibrations ringing in his ears. He wondered why he couldn't open his eyes, or conjure enough strength to speak and answer Keeper's questions.
~

Shiro was awed as the world vanished from bright and calm beauty to a chaotic hurricane. But yet, she felt no wind? This new place was so strange. She had never witnessed this side of any demon. How could something, seemingly so dark, have the capability to summon a place so beautiful? How? What was different about Tessara that separated her from the other dark souls?
She watched as Tessara began to sing soothingly to a pair of massive sunflowers, as the world
grayed around them in the unearthly winds, and as a mystical door way appeared.
How strange... The dwelling of this demoness? Why would she let me, an angel, inside such a place?
Shiro began to be annoyed with Tessara's treatment of her.
I have a name you know...
Unsure of Tessara's strange behavior Shiro kept quiet and responded to Alyssa's motioning to come forward. Walking towards the doorway she pondered what could possibly be on the other side, and how on earth she would retrieve her soul flask.
Does the half soul know that the jar she holds is mine? Does she know of it's importance?
Shiro pondered this, biting her lip and letting her eyes drift to Alyssa as she walked beside her. Not sensing any discomfort emitting from the small soul energy the angel calmed.
At least she's comfortable for now. She doesn't sense any danger in the female. At least this Half Soul can be trusted.

Slipping out the flask from his belt, Celthric approached the fallen angel and put the flask to his lips and tilted his head back murmuring "This is either gonna taste like grape, or like hell.." As the last of the medince poured into his mouth, he asked the Keeper, "How long till it works? We still got to get the half's and more importantly, Shrio." Completely unaware that both have already left limbo.

Edge slightly snickered at the foolish Imp, and picked it up by its tail. Giving a chuckle, Edge said to James "I wouldn't: They taste good at first, but the after taste is horrible!" His gaze shifting to the Imp he said "Thats no way to treat our new general! You can make it up to him later, but for now go and assemble the armies in the WarFields, and bring Inferno to us. Quickly now." Half tossing and half throwing, Edge aimed towards the large arched door way and tossed the Imp out. It babbled on about apologies towards James, and how he didn't know as it flew out the door. Taking a seat on his thrown Edge gave a sinister smile towards James asking innocently "Ready?"

• Love
"This is the neutral land. The war does not rage here, and you will not bring it with you, angel." Tess resented doing it, but she reached behind Shiro and cut the black bindings around her wrists. "No violence, no hostilities, and no magic. These are the rules of the house; those who break them are bound in the dungeon for a year. And make no mistake: it is the house that enforces his rules, not I." Tessara opened the door at the end of the hallway and hollered inside. "I'm home!"

For a moment nothing happened. Then the pounding of many small feet could be heard. Just as Tessara closed the door behind Alyssa and Shiro, three small girls rounded the corner and skidded to a stop. The two in front--identical twins-- chorused, "Tess! Tess! What happened?! It's been three days since you came last!"

"I know; Lord Edge has us all working hard. Were you keeping busy while I was gone?"
A loving smile pulled the corners of Tessara's mouth up, just a little.

"Mm-hm. Freya makes sure of that."

"All the time."
"Clean the attic! Sweep the halls!"
"Scrub the floors and dust the shelves!"
"And don't forget to- OW!!"

The pair was cut short as they each had an ear pulled back sharply. The girl behind them smiled at Tessara warmly. "Welcome home, Tess. Pardon these two; they've been trouble all week."

"Then it's a good thing they have such a good big sister looking after them. Alyssa, this is Freya, Grace and Esther."
"Um... hi."
"Are you a kid?"
"Of course she's not a kid! She's super old! OW!"
"She's a young lady, not a grandma. Apologize!"
"But she is old!"
"Not as old as you two, you know."
"That doesn't count. She's old old; we're just technically old."

"Girls, can you go find Ai and Dalisay? I need to talk with these two in the study for a bit, but I'll come up to the nursery soon."

"Yes, Tess. Come on, you two."

Freya led the twins away despite their complaints. Tessara smiled after them for a moment more, then turned back to her guests. "The study is just through here. Take any chair," she offered as she ushered them through the doorway. A circle of chairs of all kinds sat in the middle of the room. Tessara moved to the one at the head by habit--this was her chair, and the others were where the girls would normally sit. Ai's pillow, Grace and Esther's loveseat, Dalisay's beanbag chair and blanket, and Freya's padded stool--all were gathered in front of Tessara's soft armchair. There were more chairs closer to the walls, as well, but since there was no one to use them they remained detached from the ring.

Tessara waited for Alyssa and Shiro to choose a seat before speaking. "I know you have questions. Go ahead and start asking."

• Love
Reactions: Lonewolf888978
It was a relief to be away from those strange mirrors the feeling she got seeing those images where frightening.
The Sharp contrast in what next faced her was in many ways quite a surprise.
But oh god these girls where adorable. While the first reaction was a faint smile it slowly grew warm. Maybe a twitch at the eyebrow at the age conversation. "Old huh?" She mumbled to her self.

It was really lively there for a moment. The difference from what had been only minutes ago was strange and welcome. It felt. Homely yes.
Now she almost feared the silence that fell around them. Alyssa took a chair that stood near the walls and moved it closer. "Tess" she then spoke looking right at her. "That mirror before" She then looked at Shiro. "Both of you i need to know. What exactly is a half soul? And what did i just see in that mirror"

"That mirror is... the judge. But your second question needs to be answered first." Tessara spent a moment to rearrange her thoughts, holding Alyssa's gaze. "First, Alyssa, I should say that you died. Not today; probably some time ago, around when you began school. Normally you would have been taken to Limbo--the place we were before--and then to either Heaven or Hell; but you were unfortunate enough to be one of the quirks. Instead of going to Limbo, a bit of Limbo came to you. A half soul is neither angel nor demon, but one who might become both."

Tessara paused, then decided that explanation was hardly sufficient. "What I mean to say is that you can become incredibly strong because you're both Holy and Unholy. Those mirrors before were a reflection of that: in the left mirror was your darkness, the Unholiness that is inside you; in the right mirror was your light, the part of you that is Holy. If ever someone tries to enter that has only one reflection, they will be denied entry."

Shiro had been startled by the group of girls that welcomed them at the entrance, next thing she knew they were in a study. Everything in Tessara's realm was unexpected. Shiro didn't know what to expect anymore when dealing with demons. There was definitely more than meets the eye with some of them.

Shiro stood awkwardly, not knowing what to say, then cautiously took a seat across from Tessara and Alyssa.

Alyssa's question at the table peaked Shiro's interest. And while silently listening to Tessara's response she formulated an answer.

"Half souls are living organisms with immortal souls that contain both heathen and demonic aspects. Think of yourself as uncompleted though, take into consideration your species name... half souls. You are a powerful entity on your own, your capability to be able to survive having only half a soul. And being able to adapt to natural life... And when introduced to another half soul, since your species is so rare, you become partners. Each half magnetized to the other until they work together as one soul. This new soul, comprised of both halves, now extremely powerful." Shiro wavered with her next words, "Your power, combined with another soul is extraordinary. And considered very desirable to many immortals wanting to take charge and use this power."
"You are immortal, this is why you can see us."
Shiro said her eyes flicking to Tessara for a moment, "And we can sense your presence... And... You haven't died yet... I would have been able to collect your soul if you had."

Shiro rubbed at her wrists where she had formerly been bound, "And a question for you Tessara." Shiro's eyes looking directly into the demoness's, "Why hate me so, yet keep me alive? Why not leave me for dead? Are you planning to kill me? Why take me here instead?" Shiro questioned, motioning to her new environment.

~~~

Keeper studied Tyson's body for a moment before answering Celthric, "It shouldn't be but a moment."
Moments later Tyson's eyes suddenly opened and he began to cough. His back arching with the heave of sharp sudden breaths. Drops of blood red now staining the sand below. Then
Raising himself on his hands and knees Tyson wavered, trying to clear his head.

Keeper spoke, "You took in a dark entity and a bit of internal damage love. It's gonna hurt like hell for a bit. But it should clear soon enough... I have Celthric here to assist you in finding Shiro. Unfortunately now I have no readings of her within the vicinity of the limbo-sphere. While you were unconscious she was taken by the female demon. Too who knows where.
She also has possession of the female half soul, Alyssa. The demons now contain both half souls and I fear the worst..."

Tyson could taste a coppery substance in his mouth and throat, and as he wiped his lips, a smear of dark red permeated his light colored skin.
Tyson smirked at Celthric before Keeper's words registered, "Son, that wasn't any grape." Tyson cleared his burning throat and sat up. Wincing he spat in the sand beside him before looking up at the rendition of Keeper.
"What do you mean she's been taken?!" Tyson said coughing again, "By Tessara? Did Edge touch her?!"
Keeper's eyes flicked to Celthric then back at Tyson, "He did, and his presence alone was too overwhelming. The only way for her to survive was to accept the darkness. She's tainted Tyson."

Tyson stared at Keeper in disbelief, "Tainted...?" The word slowly rolling off his tongue.

"We have to find them both, Shiro and Alyssa. and stop Edge from reaching the gates, I'm unsure of the male half soul's whereabouts, I fear he might have joined Edge's forces, but it isn't to late to reclaim the female." Keeper said calmly. "I need you and Celthric to use your heightened senses to track their whereabouts, as of right now they are in a sort of force field.

Back at headquarters Keeper flicked through various screens and took readings on the amount of perceptible energy from the demoness and the others.
A very low amount of energy was calculated by the graphs, almost incalculable.

"We're blind at the moment, my readings barely pick up their energy signals, it seems as though they are in some sort of inner dimension. Unreachable by anything that doesn't already know where it is. We may have to wait out their containment and strike once an opportunity arises itself." Keeper said quietly.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Firstly, it's called Heaven, not heathen--your teeth should hit your lower lip, not your tongue; and secondly, the correct conjugate for Demonic is Angelic: 'both angelic and demonic aspects'," Tessara snapped. It was petty, picking out such a small fault, but she didn't notice or care. "And 'living organism' makes her sound like an amoeba. I shouldn't have to remind you that we all started as humans. Maybe if you did your job right, we'd all be in Heaven!" Tessara's voice was filled with venom. Here fists were clenched, and indeed she wanted to rip out the angel's tongue. The neutral land would not allow it, though.

The demoness forced herself to regain a measure of composure, taking deep, steadying breaths. "Thank the Prince I'm not--I'd probably be as pathetic as you. You're weak, broken, worthless, so why-!" Tessara's breathing had shortened again. Her teeth ground together and her nails dug at the chair's armrests. "Why don't I just kill you?! It would be better if I did, wouldn't it! So why haven't I? Isn't it obvious? If I could tear an angel's soul apart, I'd have done it long ago! Do you really think I spared Tyson just because I enjoy torturing him?!"

Tessara took a deep breath, but before she could continue unleashing her pent up rage on Shiro, her eyes caught Alyssa on her other side. The words died on Tessara's tongue. She spat to the side to get the poor taste out of her mouth and sat back in the chair. "I'd kill every angel if I could; but a lowly servant doesn't hold that power. I could cut off your limbs, rip out your heart, and grind your body into paste; but all I would accomplish is sending your soul back to Heaven to be granted a new body. If I can't destroy your soul, there's no point. Although..." Tessara sneered as a thought occurred to her, "I wonder how that would go now that your soul is tainted."

• Thank You
"When you've lived eating anything you could kill or scavenge, you learn not to be a picky eater and not to worry about the taste." James replied before he started to look around Edge's throne room with a keen eye. He had to admit, it wasn't much of a bad place to be in; evil and very malevolent but, he didn't seem to mind it. Almost his whole being hummed in tune with this place except for a small part that seemed to be growing smaller and cowering before all this darkness, he figured it must have been his 'angelic' half. The half soul had met some of the angels and he liked the demons much better so why not throw his lot in with them? Then he glanced towards Edge with an almost curious look; what the hell was an Inferno? James cracked his knuckles with rising to his full height and nodding to his new lord. "Yeah...let's see this army I'll be commanding."

• Love
It only took a few moments once Kol entered his portal to reach the other side. What appeared was a massive underground cavern. taking up the majority of the cavern was a great lake of magma producing massive plumbs of smoke and toxic gases ( http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JvkDEocNE1c/UTfRpSOQmlI/AAAAAAAAAR0/bEOQsGc_XFw/s640/moltencavern2.jpg )

Kol put his hand over his mouth and conjured a patch of shadow to cover it so he wouldn't have to breath the fumes directly. "Well this place is just as I remember it" Kol thought to himself. Just then, Ash appeared from the doorway before it closed and dissipated into shadows. "I thought we were going to your sanctuary to wait for the battle", Ash said. Kol turned his head to Ash and responded "Indeed we will, but I must first pay a visit to my facility here. I must check on my other project". This massive cavern was in fact far below the surface of the underworld and is out of reach of Edge's senses as well as that of his many servants. Kol conjured his wings and began to fly over the magma lake with Ash riding along the shadow cast upon the magma. After about ten minutes of flying, they had arrived at a small island in the middle of the lake. In the middle of the island stood a tall stone tower surrounded by wooden palisades.( http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2..._concept_art_by_secondchildrenasl-d5yuqv7.jpg ) Kol descended to the base of the tower where he was met by two armored beings. ( http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs7/i/2005/160/5/1/Stormborn_Knight_by_JasonEngle.jpg ). These beings were servants to Kol like his shades. However, these were not shades. These were phantoms, spirits that can not venture far from the place or object they are bound to. The two phantoms knelt to each side of Kol as he approached. "Welcome back master", said both of the phantoms in synch. "How is the creature?" Kol asked. The phantom to the right of him answered "It is docile for now. It tried to escape from the lower caverns by using its burrowing ability, but it calmed down once we fed it". "Good", Kol responded pleased that the creature was still where it was. "Tell Tamer to have the creature ready to be summoned at my signal". Both phantoms nodded in response.

Kol was now turning and preparing to leave when a ear-splitting shriek was head coming out of the tower. The shriek was somewhere between a roar and a chorus or people screaming in pain. The shriek was powerful enough to turn the doorless entrance into the tower into a wind tunnel for a few seconds. during the shriek, a few feathers flew out of the entrance. Some where white with slivers of black and spots of red on them, others were completely black. "Ah, so that's what you fed it", Kol said out loud, "I do not recall having any fallen still in my possession though". The phantom to Kol's left responded "The shades found this one wandering the caves. He had benn driven completely insane from resisting to demonic essence that fills the underworld. We figured that he must have been wandering around down here for centuries to have been in that state". "Such a shame", Kol said in conclusion, "I probably could have used him in another experiment, but it cant be helped. This creature I fashioned takes priority". With that Kol turned and created another door portal. The key he used to unlock this door had the head shaped like a book. Kol entered the door that led to his sanctuary. There he would wait until it was time for him to act.

• Thank You
Chuckling, Edge shook a finger at the "eager" James, and said twice as eager "Not quite, first you have to.... meet the old general. Get an idea of what kinda troops you'll be commanding." About that time, boots could be heard stomping down the hallway towards the throne room. Mumbling under his breath, Edge spoke "Show time". A large figure entered the room, a head taller than Edge himself, and held and equally big hammer.
legend_of_the_cryptids_demon_dude_ver_1_by_davidrapozaart-d5jyye0.jpg

The giant demon stopped at the door, and awaited for his orders: Like a good demon. Raising his voice, it was easy to tell that something was about to happen.
"Inferno good friend: Meet your
challenger, a half soul I have appointed to try and take your spot as general of my armies! But I wouln't just kick a loyal warrior like you to the curb, so fight for me! But don't kill each other: I have other plans for the loser." Sitting back he shot another smile at James and mouthed the words 'Go'.

Inferno gave a grunt, and took a step towards James, twisting his hammer with both hands, and flames sprouted from it. It quickly spread across his body, and the only spot that didn't so fire was the spot in the center of his body. Inferno gave a yell and charged the half soul, fire in his eyes. Literally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A bit surprised himself, Celthric gave a small smirk at Tyson's remark, but sat silent as Keeper explained the situation. Speaking up, he asked, just finding out that they left AND Shiro was taunted by Edge. "Shiro is tainted?!? Why didn't you tell me? I should've just killed those damn demons and high tailed over to her and Edge before they left!" Calming down some, he sighed and took a step towards Tyson, Scorch landing on his shoulder and he asked "Where to?"

• Thank You
Shiro was about to correct Tessara again, about to tell her that not all souls began as humans. But she held her tongue. As much as she would have liked to tell the demoness just how bad she would like to smite her indifferently, Shiro figured the words would be better off unsaid; to save both of themselves. The rage of a black entity in forces with an opposing energy could be disastrous.
Shiro closed her eyes and forced the words rising to her mouth back down her throat. The muscles in her jaw flexed once Tessara mentioned her soul being tainted.

Shiro opened her eyes and stared dead ahead at the demoness who then spat at the floor sinking back into her seat.

Then looking down in her lap and flattening her dress she said, "Then I guess we're almost the same...just lowly servants...." Shiro's voice menacingly calm, "At least I'm still above a demon like yourself. I would rather die then be at the bottom." As the words rolled off her tongue she felt slightly relieved. Looking back up at Tessara she wore a neutral expression. Her mind wandering to whether the demoness would lash out again.
Before Tessara could speak again Shiro spoke again, "To be completely honest, I'm not sure what would happen. But heaven needs me, and I'm sure Keeper would help me dodge whatever you would want to throw at me." She said in reference to Tessara's recent accidental lash out at Kol. The smirk upon the release of her words faded when she switched the subject, "But nevermind the past, what do you want from us now? Why would you take me and the half soul here? I had been expecting something close to the gates of hell."

~~~~

Keeper looked up at Celthric, "She had only just been tainted. And you happened to be in a pretty dangerous situation yourself at the moment. Shiro could take care of herself then... However," Keeper said helping Tyson stand to his feet "As of now, I will help you with only the best of my abilities to track down Edge. You will have to find him first unless the girls show up on the radar. For the present, I wish you the best of luck. Use Scortch's tracking abilities. Find Edge. For the time being you may be at a stalemate. We must wait until either party makes a move before we can figure ours."

'Heaven needs me.' 'Keeper would help me.' 'Nevermind the past.' Each phrase, as innocent as Shiro might have meant it, bit into Tessara. It was a wanton display of naiveté. It was a blind belief that she was worth something to people who could replace her in moments. It was an incorrigible trust that she would be seen safely to tomorrow. It was an unfounded expectation that the darkness would pass and the future would be brighter.

It was Faith.

Tessara felt tired. She wanted to be angry at the angel, but now it seemed a pointless exertion. The demoness couldn't even work up the energy for defiance, so she answered honestly. "You are a threat. Despite what my lord seems to think, you will become a problem if you stay near him. You are here, Shiro, because I will not let you anywhere near my master and his kingdom. You are here, Alyssa, because I will find a way to send you back to Earth. I suggest you make yourself comfortable; you may be here for some time."

"But why earth?" Shiro demanded, "And I can't just sit here. Tyson and the angels need my help. Your emperor is trying to overthrow the gates of heaven!" Shiro was worried. She couldn't let this demoness just sit her here in this strange force field. She had left Tyson alone, trusting a demon. How more disgusting could she feel if she found out that Tyson had been killed. Tyson and Shiro have duties to fulfill. She knew in her heart she had to escape and stop Edge from taking the Gates. And not even to mention pairing the half souls.
It was her destiny to fight the demonic forces. She could feel it in her very soul. And nothing was going to get in her way.

Alyssa was silent as the demon and Angel argued.
She didn't belong anywhere. On earth she was an undead. In heaven she was only half pure. And the same in hell.
And not only that majority of peop..no beings wanted to use her as a weapon.
Though of all of them Earth seemed the better choice.

"But to stop all of this we need to get the other half soul to right? Or will Heaven be able to stop him if im gone?" It felt strange even when she thought about him. However it was a feeling quickly put aside. He was power hungry and brutal.
The girl looked at the other two women in front of her. Having one final question.
"And wont they try and come after me again once they realise im gone?"

James glared over at Edge but said nothing, this wasn't part of the deal but leave it to the king of demons to add some kind of twist to achieving his position. So he had to face the old general and probably defeat him in combat, fighting wasn't something new to him nor was killing so he turned his eyes back to the door as the sound of stopping approached him. The half-soul could already sense the creature's power and knew this would be battle for him to remember and possibly learn from for the future. Who knew how long until someone here tried to betray him, it wasn't him being overly cautious; these were demons after all and they hardly ever kept their side of the bargain.

Once the demon arrived James simply snorted, he wasn't very impresses by the look of this general; all brawn and no brains. Looking over at Edge he listened keenly as his sword manifested itself in his right hand while his shield still no where to be seen. Likely because he was still more in tune with his demon side then the angelic part of himself. Turning his gaze back to Inferno, he knew understood why he was called that, his whole body and even his hammer was consumed by flames expect for one lone spot which was the center of his chest and probably the most guarded.

"Fire may be powerful but it can still be snuffed out by darkness." The man replied coldly and sticking out his left a wave of shadows descended from all around and charged toward the giant while James moved the side to avoid the hammer.

• Love
Tessara looked at Alyssa curiously. The demoness couldn't quite tell if Alyssa understood exactly what she had just said. "Is it important to you that Heaven stops my lord? He's going to destroy the angels' precious gates--it's something of an obsession with him, in case you haven't noticed. After the battle has ended, you will have no further value. If the other Half miraculously survives the attack, we will be careful that he can't become a threat. That means you'll be kept away from him; or perhaps I'll simply kill the irritating man to be certain."

The door to the study creaked open slowly and a small girl stepped in sleepily. She was dressed in a night gown and held an over-sized teddy bear in one arm. Her other hand rubbed at her eye as she tried to see clearly into the room. "Tess?"

"I'm here, Ai. Did we wake you?" Immediately Tessara's carriage changed. She walked past Shiro and Alyssa to reach the small girl, kneeling in front of her and resting a hand on her head.

"Mm-mm," Ai muttered shaking her head. "I was already awake. I..." Ai fell silent and shuffled her feet.

"It was the giant wave again?" Tessara asked affectionately. Ai just nodded. "Here. I'll tuck you back in. That should stop the dream."

"Okay," Ai agreed with a bright smile. Tessara walked away holding Ai's hand, not sparing a second glance back.

A few seconds passed. Then a small rustling sound came from a pile of cardboard boxes in the corner behind the door.

• Love
Shiro eyed Tessara as she brushed past, noticing the immediate change in behavior as the demoness interacted with the child. How annoying.
Sensing the female demon was preoccupied with the child, Shiro shifted her attention to Alyssa.
"I wouldn't exactly say that the darkness will leave you alone after the final battle..." Shiro paused, "And you will not be regarded as worthless afterward either. Half of your soul is darkness, and that will never leave a half soul. But if you choose to stay in the light and not fall under the pressure of the black you will be all the more stronger." She said with a reassuring smile.
Shiro looked down at the Half soul's bag, "And Alyssa, I believe you have something of mi-" Shiro's voice caught in her throat and she quickly looked in the direction of what sounded like a rustling, coming from a pile of what looked like cardboard boxes.
"Did you hear that?"

Status
Not open for further replies.