Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash had sensed the opening of the nearby portal, but did not take any form of action because nothing was coming out at first. As far as he was concerned, nothing else mattered except his master's command. Since Ash was the strongest of his master's servants, he had a great deal more "freedom" as it were. Ash could think freely and act according to his own judgment, but he was still undyingly loyal to Kol and would not question any order he gave. It was when something fell out of the portal that Ash became alert. After a moment, he recognized the being as the male half that had been previously abducted. He also sensed Tessara coming out of the portal as well. Kol's order to prevent anyone from coming near the collector without his permission reverberated in Ash's mind as the male half came closer to the injured collector. It did not matter to Ash who approached, if they were not approved by his master to come near the collector, he would repel them by any means necessary. Ash now concentrated his aura, filling it with a level of hatred and malice that would cause any mere mortal to faint from fear. If nothing else, it would cause the two nearing the collector to reconsider approaching. When the aura was ready, Ash condensed it and then released it in an intense shockwave to ensure that they felt the full force of his aura.

Celthric nodded, letting Keeper know he heard him, and then quickly started to sprint towards higher ground, the sand exploding upwards and outwards as he ran towards a sandy hill. Above, Scorch heard the Keeper's orders and flew higher, searching for Tyson and the other's. Seeing the fallen angel, half, demon, and a strange dark aura, Scorch screech towards Celthric and flew closer to get a better look. AS Celthric ran/flew towards Tyson's rescue, Scorch landed on a small sandy hill, cocking his head at the female demon as if ready to attack.

Edge smiled towards Shiro and in one fluid motion, picked her in one hand and put her over his shoulder, and causally walked towards the forest, searching for the female half's signal.

Keeper watched silently as the images before him played out, Shiro being taken by the Prince, Tyson's vulnerability, the small child's spirit calmly floating about in the small glass jar, hidden away in the tree tops. Courtesy of Kol.

....Lucky for you, I'm not one to torture children for sport.........

"Why you..." Keeper said quietly under his breath as he clicked a series of keys on the table top. The image zoomed up into his full screen view. Without his being physically in Limbo he could not possibly transport the small soul jar to the heathen gates. However he could move it on whim through out the spacious world.

Knowing this information his hand swiped across the white desk once more and the small, fragile, package dissolved into what looked like pixels. Pixels of the Limbonic world devouring the soul jar and covering up their tracks, as if it was never there. Genius was the mind of God.

Panning back to the main overview screen Keeper saw everything as it happened at once.

"Now where would be the ideal place for you?" Keeper pondered aloud. His index finger tapping the desk top. The white surface reacting with a small white glow wherever his finger touched.

Keeper eyed the screen of his newest Chess piece, Celthric. Then his eyes flicked to the screen featuring the female half soul. He noticed the spark of energy that sparked inside of her; he also watched as it finally made itself known. Her power fueling her mind to escape, even in the midst of fear.
Edge hadn't made contact with her in a while, and keeper deemed her trustworthy enough to know Edge was a harmful presence. Although she was technically under his possession at the moment perhaps this would be the most ideal place to hide the small soul. In plain sight? And also this could be the best way to reunite Shiro with her lost treasure. If she were recaptured, and they were to meet under Edge's possession. They could plan an escape. Either way... Shiro knew the balance of the soul and knew how to keep it safe.

After a moment of thought, Keeper decided to give the soul to Alyssa. Keeper clicked a number of keys in unison and an image of the soul jar appeared on screen, attached to it a blank note tied with red string. Keeper spoke into the head piece calmly,

"Hello half soul, Alyssa. This is Keeper, I am the eyes and ears of the world you reside in currently. You are in Limbo, a vast space between the 3 worlds. Travel too far to the west where the black mountains are in the distance and you will reach the gates of Hell, in the opposite direction you would meet me. I stand for the angels in heaven. These places are years away from your coordinates. But not to fear, I can easily transport you back to earth...
However, your kind is desperately needed in a future battle of light and dark; therefore I can not move you immediately, or on your whim. The black creature that holds you captive now is the Demon Prince. He is the leader of the Demon race... Remember the story of Lucifer and the Almighty? How the brightest angel fell from heaven? You know the rest...
You are what is known to immortals as a half soul. A half demon, half human, hybrid being. In your being of this type your body surges with a power craved by immortals. However you are only the most useful when paired with another of your kind. In your case, this would be the male half soul you came into contact with just before you were transported to this world. You, fighting alongside of him, two energies surging together, create some of the most luscious power imaginable. A lethal final push in a fight.
This is why you are here in limbo. Edge has threatened to take over the heavens, and the angels and as many half souls must band together to fight off the dark hordes. Should you choose to fight alongside the darkness I would have no choice but to send in only the strongest angels in heaven to execute any threat.
Choice is yours.
Edge is currently on the move, most likely to you; but I am incapable of predicting his every move.
Keep this soul jar safe, if you are to reunite with a female angel by the name of Shiro, you give this to her.

If you must make contact with me....speak aloud... but be careful of eavesdropping demons; any information they can use against you they will.

Regards,
Gate Keeper"

Keeper then hit a button and the paper on screen rolled into a tight scroll, attaching itself to the soul jar. With a few more clicks the jar and scroll dissipated from view. He then motioned to the screen holding the female half soul. Her walking, bow strung over her shoulder, strong. Keeper silently prayed as he hit the key that would drop the flask directly to the ground in front of her.

"I pray she makes the right decision. I would hate to have to lay waste to such a gorgeous creation."

~

Shiro kicked with what power she possessed at Edge's advancement. Her head lolling to the side as her body was thrust up and over Lord Edge's shoulder. She watched in horror as her arms dangled helplessly down his back. Her white hair hanging far below, swinging too and fro with each or Edge's steps.

"Just wait till I get my strength back" Shiro managed to say through gritted teeth, "This damned paralysis won't hold me off forever Prince of Darkness."

The dark energy was screaming inside of her. All of her senses repelling against the aurora energy of such an immense evil presence. Shiro began to lose control of her conscious when Keeper suddenly spoke in her ear,

"Let it in Shiro... Let it in. It'll be painful, but it's the only way for you to gain any sort of immunity to his darkness. It's too powerful to withstand on your own..." he whispered, his voice soft and relaxed holding a . Like a mother speaking to her dying child.

Shiro tried to think about this, the weight of the dark pressure heaved upon her, crushing her in a frozen cold. Tears formed in her eyes. She didn't want to give in to the darkness, she was so weak compared to him, so small, so fragile. But yet, throughout all her troubles she stoops to giving in.

......But if it will help...

Shiro closed her eyes and released her hold on her mind and the darkness broke through the thresholds. Soaring through her veins like wildfire it took over. Every inch of her body burned with ice and fire. She gritted her teeth and screamed as white hot pain scorched her senses. Her limp body suddenly came alive as her body finally accepted the darkness. She writhed in pain before a sudden cold release. Her light blue wings tattoo on the back of her neck now inked a midnight black. Her wings were tainted...

Hot with adrenaline she clawed at Edges clothing, "Let me go!" She screamed through gnashing teeth. Angrily she unfurled her wings and a sea of dark feathers burst from her back. She lurched forward dying to escape, but Edge's strong hold held her back.

A small sound on the ground in front of her made the girl look down. That had not been there a moment earlier. Pulling out and arrow. Alyssa takes a step back and looks around. But nothing else happened just silence...
Finally curiosity takes over and she picks up the bottle. Inside something was glowing. Frowning confused at what it was and what kind of reaction she felt when it seemed to move. However she then looked at the scroll.

What was written inside was.
She didn't want to admit it. But how could she deny what was written compared to what she was seeing.
She didn't like the end either. Lowering the scroll she looked at the bottle again. A soul jar?
"Fine since your the first one not to drag me around or kill me or anything else weird i will listen for now."
She said and gently placed the bottle in her bag wrapping her training clothes around it to prevent it from breaking.
"But i won't trust anyone yet." She then noticed that the dark presence that before had scared her was closing in on her location.
So that was the guy from before. The dark prince. She felt a shiver in her body.

Clenching her fists until the nails dug into her skin she managed to keep her self from breaking down.

James was growing closer to the fallen angel, Tyson, until a wave of hatred and malic slammed into his body and caused him to pause then scanned his surroundings. This must have been a higher level demon that really didn't want to be found unlike the time he had noticed Kol because it took James several minutes to pinpoint an area where the demon could be. The aura was a little unsettling at first but soon started to feel nice to him and his sword hummed hungrily as it absorbed some of the aura, bloody sword, it would even consume him if he didn't show it regularly that he was its master. James turned his body to take a look at the female demon and examined her with a cold gaze, could he possibly make a deal with the new demon then once they killed her he could backstab his new partner? No...for some odd reason something deep inside hated the thought for betraying her, he growled to himself before turning away with a snort to look at Tyson's body again. "Let's just get this over with." He grumbled then started walking again.

Tessara flinched slightly, her head tilting right and that eye clamping shut. That malevolent aura was giving her a headache like only two people could. And Kol wasn't anywhere nearby.

"Ash! Cease your bothersome whining and stand up straight! Starting with your master, where did everyone go?"
Tessara made the demands without hesitation. If he wanted a fight, they'd fight, but there was a chance that Ash would be willing to cooperate. It was more likely she could beat the black out of him than get him to go against Kol's wishes, but maybe Kol hadn't said anything about sharing information. Wouldn't that be convenient, she thought. No, a fight was much more likely. She was already loosening up her fingers.

• Love
Reactions: whitewings
Ash was a little irritated at Tessara's demanding of his mater's location. However, Ash figured that engaging in a bit of dialogue would keep her and her chaperone from venturing any closer for the time being. Ash began to surface from the shadows. The shadows quickly blackened and expanded in a circle ten feet in diameter with the injured collector in the center. Like water sliding off an alligator as it surfaces, Ash rose to where his upper body ended and the lower began. This way Ash would be able to retreat back into the shadows at a moment's notice should the need arise. Aside from his purple glowing eyes, Ash's face had no features to it. However, despite the absence of a mouth, Ash began to speak. "I have nothing to say to you, you little banshee", Ash said his voice a low rumble like his master. "I will say that my orders are clear: To let no one near the injured collector, whether they be enemy", he said staring at Tessara, "or ally". Now he stared at the half as he said that. Ash shifted the surfaced portion of his body into a defensive position with his blades attached to his arms facing Tessara. "If you wish to defy my master's order you are free to attempt it, but you will not leave this place unscathed if you do".

Celthric reached the top of a sandy hill, and down below was Tyson, the half soul he sensed, a demon he recognized as Tessara, who he has meet once before. The other demon he didn't recognize, but the black demon formed a circle of shadows around Tyson, and faced Tessara in a fighting stance. Trying to keep his scent masked, he drew three arrows and said alittle prayer, and all three glowed a faint white, ready to explode like a solar flare once he gave the order. Taking aim, he fired rapidly from atop the sandy hill. The first arrow hit right infront of Tessara, in between her feet. The second did the same, but infront of the other demon. The final arrow he shot wide into the air, and watched as it dissappeared in the sun.

"Now" he whispered to Scorch, who screeched loudly and flew towards Celthric, flinging sand in Tessara's face for good measure. Holding his arm out, Scorch landed on it, just as Celthric stood up, unmasking his scent. He called out to the group of three "I'm giving you a chance to surrender, I suggest you take it demons. As for you half soul, I will ask that you will come with me without a struggle."

"Better a banshee than an insufferable..." Her retort was interrupted as danger signals shot through Tessara's body, so she hopped up and back, hovering a few feet in the air as an arrow sank into the ground where she'd just been. A holy arrow, she corrected herself. The arrow's mysterious appearance was followed by a bird call from her left. The idea was almost enough to make her laugh. With little effort, Tessara sent four black needles flying at the bird that thought it could attack her. It could either give up on whatever it was trying to do or become a pin cushion; the demoness was a little disappointed when it didn't choose the latter.

The white hawk veered off and returned to its master's arm. Tessara looked at the new arrival--there certainly were a lot of those today--and balked at his egocentric demands. "I've always known angels to be self-righteous, but this self-deceived hotshot is something else. You make a great soldier, I'm sure: your skull is a foot thick. It's just too bad for you that doesn't leave any space inside. Tell you what, though, you can come pick up your buddy. Sleeping Beauty here needs true love's kiss to wake up, and you think you've got all the qualities to be a Prince Charming." Tessara clasped her hands behind her back and floated backward a little further, then descended to the ground.

She now stood ten paces back from the holy arrow sticking out of the sand. Nobody else could see it from their positions, but darkness was beginning to swirl around Tessara's hands--a pitch black aura with thin, out-of-place lines of pink swirling along its surface.

• Thank You
Ash sensed the danger a little before Tessara did and so retreated into the shadows as the arrow sunk into the sand. he watched from the shadows as the new person revealed himself. Ash quickly deduced from his boldness and particular scent that he was a guardian angel. He definetly wasn't keen on the thought of fighting an angel trained specifically to kill demons, but he would obey his orders no matter the obstacle. He only needed hold out for a little longer and his master would arrive. Ash listened to Tessara's dialogue with the guardian and knew that she had something up her sleeve. Ash's mind was connected to his master's and so knew Tessara as much as he did. Whatever the plot, Ash was certain that he would not need make the first move in this new conflict.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, James had no idea what to think as new events unfolded before him before he even had a chance to think. Though he was really starting to get sick of this whole Demon, Angel conflict and always being referred as a half soul. First the demon appears out of the shadows and as soon as James was about to speak an arrow landed in front of the new demon and the other landed in front of his female 'ally'; then some hawk tried to throw dirt into her face. When a new voice boomed James turned towards the sound's direction and looked at the newcomer with a cold expression. The newcomer was an angel, probably an archangel, but that didn't faze James as he acted.

He rose his sword up and it hummed hungrily as he brandished his shield. "I was never good at following the orders of others, so I guess I'm going to have to decline your offer. I'm not going anywhere with you." He stated then lowered his sword a little. "I believe I'm already with someone right now, so if you still wish for me to come along you're going to have to defeat me before I leave her side." James narrowed his eyes then dropped his left foot back. He didn't know if he could win but being with the demoness sounded a hell of a lot better than being with this guy.

Smiling with hungry eyes, Edge's eagerness for blood was enhanced more once Shiro's dark feathers emerged from her back. Grinning devious at the sight of another dark angel, Edge said "Oh do calm down Shiro, I'll have fun with you in a moment!" As she starts to try and escape, Edge gets slightly annoyed, and deepens his grip, pulling Shiro's stomach onto his shoulder....hard. Walking into the forest Edge calls out, ignoring Shiro's attempts at freedom, to the half soul like she was a dog "Come here Halfy-Halfy-Halfy! Daddy's back with a new friend!" Laughing at his own joke, he asked Shiro "I wonder how Tyson and the others are doing!"

Celthric frowned at Tessara trying to kill his bird. Addressing the half first he said "Thats a shame half, You would've been a good ally. And please don't address that Insufferable as a 'her' " Thinking to the Keeper he ask 'Hey Keeper, The half soul is wanting to work with the demons, Permission to terminate?' Crouching down he addressed the demon, Tessara, "Tessara is it? I assure you better go run along with your half back to your little master, before he gets his ass handed to him by Shiro." Sliding the bow over his shoulder, he whistled for Scorch to fly away, and Scorch did flying high towards the bright light of the sun.

Shiro was enraged with Lord Edges Strength. His body like cold marble now held her firmly against him. Her eyes blazed like golden fire as he gripped her harder.

"You bastard!" Shiro yelled, "You devil!"

The darkness consumed her tiresome soul immediately and her emotions were horribly volatile. The ends of her white hair began to tint a dark grey. She scratched at his chest armor in defiance but to no avail she managed to make her escape. Tired, uneasy, and painstakingly defeated she gave up.
Breathing heavily she stopped moving and listened to the dark masters chuckles and calls to the half soul he had made off with earlier. Against the solid metal of his armor, she could hear no heart beat. Just the thud of his tread against the smooth limbonic sands. Soulless demon.

Shiro was never one to give up easily. But there was no point in fighting against a monster so lethally overpowering. She was a speckle of angel dust in a stormy hurricane of darkness, she had no power over him. She would have to outwit him...

...perhaps attempt to crack the code that allowed her to escape eventually... Or some how get notice of Tyson... Someone to help her escape.

Memories of Keeper's guidance played over and over in her head.

"You must stop the demons before they reach the holy gates."

A low growl sounded in Shiro's throat when the demon prince mentioned her comrades name, she hated the way the words rolled off his tongue with such a dark and hateful voice, full of mockery and menacing laughter. Shiro stared hatefully up at the demon prince and waited Alyssa's arrival. No doubt that she would be far away from there...

~

Keeper picked up on Celthric's motives as soon as James widened his stance to fight. The scene was tense, and Celthric was used to battle ground, so killing off threats were easy tasks.

"Don't!" Keeper spoke quickly, "Don't hurt the Half Soul! We need him and Tyson alive, for now just focus on Retrieving Tyson. We'll deal with the half soul later. Get Tyson to safety."

Keeper swiped his hand across the board and zoomed in on Tyson, he saw Ash's dark entity swirling beneath the earth below him. This would be a risky mission...

Kol could feel the essence that he had embedded within Shiro come under assault by Edge's essence. "Damn, and just when things were going smoothly; I didn't consider that she was too weak to withstand his essence until he had placed her somewhere". Kol rarely failed to think of something beforehand, so to find that he had left a factor out irritated him. Kol quickly made the essence hide deep within Shiro's essence so as not to be destroyed. "That should keep it safe enough until I can retrieve it", Kol thought to himself. Now Kol had a different issue to worry about. He had sensed something was wrong when Ash became agitated. He looked through Ash's sight and saw the unexpected visitor. "Hmm, I had expected the Keeper to send someone to retrieve that soul, but I didn't think he was so under-staffed that he would pull a guardian from the front lines". Kol could see that he would have to intervene before things escalated. Kol used a technique of the shadow demons that allowed him to teleport to anywhere so long as it is within the shadows. Soon, Kol's mobile shadow faded under the sun and was in the shadows of Ash. Kol conjured up three needles and threw them at the guardian's joints. Kol didn't throw them with the intent for them to actually hit; he only did that so that the guardian would back off a bit. Kol retained his composure and dawned his robed form as he slowly surfaced with his hands behind his back. "It would seem that everyone is quite interested in this collector", Kol said in his cold, monotone, voice "However, I am afraid I can not release him from my custody just yet. He is still undergoing treatment and it would be unwise for him to be moved".

Tessara burst out laughing. Not a small chuckle of mockery; she could barely breathe. "Stop... it hurts!" She wanted to clutch her ribs to hold them, but that would give away her hands. It was probably a fortunate thing Kol came by right then--he had an innate ability to crimp her mirth. Tessara calmed herself, but she couldn't resist sharing the joke. "Hey, Kol, you should hear this guy. Not only is he a moron, he has a mouth like a demon! I've always fought the system, but how broken can it get to make a man like this an angel?"

She took two more deep breaths, just to be sure she wouldn't break out giggling again. "You really should talk with him. I'm sure you have a lot in common, being broken and all. I don't even care who survives the conversation; just tell me where you took the half and we'll get out of your way." No, she didn't want to walk away; Tessara wanted nothing more than to kill that traitorous shadow. But he stood with Ash at his side. Even if Tessara had the angel and the half helping her without reservation, she still couldn't kill Kol. There would be time enough later, after she was reunited with Lord Edge.

She heard his voice not to far off.
He was the strong and dangerous one right? Alyssa chewed on her lip and looked at the bow in her hands once again. Well it probably was no point. She put the bow over her shoulder and headed towards the sound of him calling for her. The one she needed to find was supposedly with him anyway.

After the release of her power had started she began to feel light and alert. Moving trough the forest every part of her senses where so much more. She no longer just heard him. She could feel him.
In a sudden rush of energy getting to her head she rushed forward. Easily avoiding branches and rocks like nothing. But then she halted regaining her self. Scared of what that power had done to her mind for a moment.

And yet she couldn't even think about that for long. He was there right around the rock and bushes. She walked out in plain sight. His presence so much more now that her power was awakening. It was frightening

Celthric rolled away from Kols needles and grab an arrow of his own and shot back instinctive, but it was clear he was off a tad as it flew past the demon and slammed into the ground. Growling lowly he spit towards the shadow as he talked "I assume your the leader of this small band? Well I'll give YOU a chance to continue your small pitiful life. Leave Tyson alone shade."

Celthric frowned at the mocking demon, Tessara and grunted lowly unpleased with her words. "Dont you dare compare me to your
filth demon."
Taking a step forward he mumbled light so only Keeper and himself could hear 'Keeper, I'm gonna need some help here... Another demon showed up... He seems powerful than these two'

Edge growled happily and started to chuckle "Thank you for making this easy half! Why cant you be more like her Shiro?" Chuckling still, he started to walk towards the half soul, holding Shiro firmly on his shoulder, he asked "So whats your name half soul?"

Shiro scowled and hung helplessly over his shoulder. Looking behind them and staring hatefully down at the large footprints edge's feet made in the soft sand. Sorrowfully she recaptured her wings, slowly the feathers wilted and morphed back into her, a few small fuzzy feathers drifted to the ground behind them. She watched as the desert breeze took them away. Little black specs.

How horrible to have black wings. Terrible.

She sighed in defeat and waited the half soul's answer.

....Don't speak to this malevolent fool!
~

Keeper watched carefully at the large demon summoning himself from the earth. And his master, as he rose up along side. Urgently he surveyed the scene. Thinking of any possible way to get around a fight. He burst into action as the idea hit him...

He would alert Tessara and the others about the location of the Female half soul and Shiro, and then hopefully they would react without bloodshed.
Kol obviously already knew where they were, but Keeper was unsure whether Kol was inclined to tell Celthric, the Demoness, and her half soul partner James. And not to mention Tyson for that matter...

Well it's worth a shot...

Eagerly Keeper flipped the dark glass eye mask over his eyes, and tapped in a code on the smooth white desk. The blank slate reacting with small glows of white under his elite fingertips. And instantly he was transported to the location in limbo.

Keeper materialized within the gap of desert space between the demons and Celthric. His white, translucent, form could now be seen by all immortals.As he stood facing Celthric, his eyes met and motioned for his angel to be composed. With his back turned to Kol and his demon he spoke slowly as he turned to face the dark souls, "Perhaps we can settle this with words... There is no need for a fight Kol... Tyson's body isn't receiving your treatment well... We have a cure for your essence. If you will let us administer it..." Keeper spoke slowly, and ran his eyes over his former comrade's build and analyzed his physical form, "Seems you are doing well since your fall, pity you could not control yourself..." Keeper's eyes flicked back to the demon's as he motioned to Tessara,"Are you planning to answer our Demoness's question?"

Kol turned his head to see the image of Keeper when it appeared and listened to his little requests. "You seem to be doing well yourself considering how you stare at a Omni-monitor 24-7. Though my level of control was optimal. You were the ones that overreacted to the circumstances. As for letting you treat the collector, I suppose it is about time to remove my essence anyway. It has assimilated most of the poison and so he is no longer in any danger". Kol walked over and knelt down next to the collector and ,with a snap of his fingers, drew the essence out of the collector's body. The essence emerged through the collector's injuries on his back. The essence had turned from a pure black to a dark red. It snaked out of the wounds and condensed into a sphere in Kol's left hand. Kol examined the essence for a moment and said, "Yes, this will do nicely". The sphere quickly turned into many tendrils that slithered along Kol's hand into his sleeve.

"Now as for Tessara's questions, I was intending to answer her anyway". Now Kol turned his head to Tessara. "Though I hate to admit it, The other half is not in my possession. Nor is the female collector. I suppose they are in Edge's possession. The collector I can tell you with certainty. I should know, I gave her to him. This is truly a mess I never accounted for. So, I figured to cut my losses while they were still minimal. Giving the collector to Edge ensured my amnesty. At least, he is no longer actively hunting me. I suppose he is heading towards the Underworld now. He is probably going to get a bit of enjoyment out of the collector before marching on the golden gates".

• Love
Tessara's body reacted without any consent from her thoughts. Both her hands shot out from behind her back, two balls of darkness laced with pink flying at Kol. They wouldn't do anything, not even if he stood there and took them in the chest. Tessara hadn't even planned on throwing those at him; they were holy suppressors, meant to nullify the guardian's arrows. Even now it took severe exertion of her will to hold her movements in check.

"We'll be out of your hair now. Excuse us."

Tessara opened a portal at her side. It wasn't to anywhere in particular--just a few miles toward where she felt the greatest dark energy coming from. The important part was that it wouldn't be there. It would be closer to her lord and away from Kol; that was as much as her raging thoughts could manage. She just wanted the half to step through so she could follow and let the portal close on this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.