Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiro recoiled in fear as the huge monster revealed himself from the sands. She quickly reached for her scythe but stopped as the creature made no advancement to harm her.
Shiro watched intently as the creature walked to Tyson's limp form on the sand and dissolved into his shadow. Shiro's eyes snapped back to Kol, her face heated, "What do you ask in return?"

Kol was definitely glad that Shiro was finally being cooperative, though he had his doubts that it would stay that way. "You understand that you made a contract with a demon correct? Well, I need to legitimize the contract before we proceed. Normally, I would need the contract legitimized before I do anything concerning it. I cut you some slack when I healed you friend, but now I need to formally seal the deal. It is usually sealed with your soul, but I don't have such authority as to take an angel's soul. Instead, I will need to infuse a minute amount of my essence into your body. It will both signify that you are bound by one of my contracts, and allow me to communicate without using my physical voice". Kol's hand became shadowy claws yet again. "I would suggest you accept", says the demon with a grin, "This is as much a matter of formality as it is a necessity. Plus, if you refuse, I can simply take back the essence that is currently assimilating the poison in your friend, and he will die much more slowly as a result".

Shiro's jaw clenched. She stared into the eyes of the demon, pondering his outrageous request.

....I don't want any piece of your God damned essence in my body...

...But this is the only way to save Tyson....

...Where is the demon prince?... He could be anywhere....

Shiro analyzed the demons new shadowy claws, the same ones that had materialized to inject her partner with the demonic antidote. She weighed her options. Her eyes focused back on Kol's face.

"I accept." She said coldly. "Do what you will demon, just don't let any harm become of my partner." She eyed Kol's shadowy claws, her eyes then flicking back to his malevolently grinning face.

Kol put his shadowy hand on his chest, and did a slight gentleman's bow at Shiro and said "You have my word. No harm will come to your companion. If there is one thing demons pride themselves on, it is that we never break our contracts. Now then. You will feel a slight burning sensation while the essence is in you at first, but it will eventually fade", Kol said putting his shadowy clawed had on Shiro's left shoulder. Soon, small tendrils of shadow slithered from the large sleeves of Kol's robe. The tendrils slithered along his arm before finding their way to the angel's body. The tendrils then bored their way through the skin of Shiro's shoulder. After a moment, Kol released his grip on Shiro's shoulder and what tendrils didn't reach her were retracted into Kol's sleeve. Kol started walking in the general direction that Edge ran off with the half.

"Now we must be off, Edge likely hasn't gone very far. Considering his tendencies, he is likely toying with the female half for a while before he actually returns to the underworld". Kol began to grow a pair of wings with black charcoal feathers. "You have wings as well, so let us be off before Edge gets bored and returns home", Kol said turning his head towards Shiro. Before Shiro could reply, Kol had already launched himself from the ground and was speeding towards the nearby forest. Kol figured that this is where Edge is taking temporary refuge.

Reactions: Lonewolf888978
Shiro kept her eyes as cool as possible, feeling the darkness injecting itself into her body. Staring at the demon's eyes the entire time she was finally released. Her shoulder tingling with chills, and a strange burning sensation pumping through her veins.

Shiro followed her new partner and flew after him into the direction of the forest in the distance.

We need to find the half souls....

As the flew closer and closer a strong dark pressure began to over take Shiro's senses.

Be strong, don't give in to fear... The Prince is close.

Flying behind the demon she tried to concentrate her mind on anything else but the Prince. Shiro focused on Kol's black wings as they propelled him faster and faster across the desert.

God please keep me safe from the Prince. I'm terrified...

Kol could sense Shiro's fear of facing Edge. While amusing, Kol would need her calm enough so that she wouldn't run away. "Praying will not help in this endeavor girl", Kol said to Shiro telepathically, "The only thing that will help is your own actions. As well as knowing your opponent. For starters, Edge emits his power farther than he can actually sense". Kol was intending to head strait for Edge, but ten he decided to observe from a safe distance for a while. He was far enough away that Edge at least wouldn't notice that he had gotten closer. So, Kol quickly descended below the thick tree canopy, masking his presence with the shadows. "Hurry down. Otherwise Edge could get wise that we are coming".

Edge smiled at the girl and crossed his arms behind his back. "I have many names; Fallen Angel, Demon Prince, Bastard" pausing he chuckled at his little joke, then finished "But I preferably go by Lord Edge and even the occasional Sir can work." Going deeper into the forest, he asked the girl "And what might your name be Half-Soul, and do tell me of what you have pieced together so far." His mind was nagging at him of something approaching, but he pushed the thoughts away. Kol and Shiro would be to busy fighting to come after him, the other angel should be collapsed by now, and he would easily recognize Tess.

Reactions: whitewings
Tessara wasn't sure if she should laugh or cry. The half had spent too long facing mortals with his feeble strength--he actually thought he could fight the Prince's servant. She so dearly wished she could have killed him there, leaving him and his rotten little mouth in this pocket to rot and ending whatever scheme Kol was attempting. There were two potential reasons she would not, though: the first was that her lord had asked for him alive; the second was that he had already touched the other half. That may leave Tess with a problem.

"Say one more word of Prince Edge and I will send you to meet him. You don't have to care about my world, but if you wish to survive it you will answer me now. Did you recognize that girl?"

Shiro was distraught in her new situation. Her mind thinking back anf forth whether joining forces with a demon was the right thing to do.
Suddenly a familiar voice spoke into Shiro's mind. The voice too malificent to be keeper's. To Shiro's utter surprise, it was Kol who spoke. His voice like a cold metal, slicing into her thoughts.
Shiro slowed her accent in shock.
"Kol?!" she spoke aloud, "h-how did you do that?!"
Shiro's eyes widened when she realized that Kol could possibly read her mind, the thought frightening her.

How can he speak to my mind? Only collectors can do that...? How does he know how to apeak to me? Does he know of keeper? Did he know of my conversations?

Shiro watched as Kol suddenly swooped low, she followed and perched next to him.
"How did you do that?"

Kol let a little smirk cross his face at Shrio's bewilderment at his ability to speak I her mind. He turned his head to her and responded. "I already explained that the essence I placed within you would establish a telepathic link. Along with that, I know many things about the collectors. Things that you know. Things that you have yet to learn,". Kol took a moment to focus his attention back on Edge. It appeared that he was unaware of their approach. Kol turned his head back to Shiro and continued. "Even things that your Keeper would never anyone else know but him and the higher ups". Now Kol spoke again, this time in Shiro's mind, though it was not directed at her. "isn't that right Keeper? Even after all this time, I can still tell when you are listening in".

"Demon. If I can even call you that... You are different.... What are you? How do you know of me? I do not know of any demon that can speak so clearly to me. "

Keeper spoke suddenly. His words enlaced with wonder and doubt.
Shiro's eyes widened when Keeper responded so quickly. Not directly speaking to her mind, but to Kol, in a way Shiro understood. It was as though they were in their own bubble. An aurora of words and conversation that only they three could hear.
Feelings of facination and fear washed over Shiro. "how, how do you know so much about us angels?" Shiro suddenly paused, "what are you?" she murmered.

Kol sighed at Shiro's question. "You still haven't figured it out? I figured the wings would have given a big enough hint", Kol said gesturing to his black wings, "though it seems you need more to understand. As for you Keeper, I am truly hurt. You don't even remember me after all I had done for you in the past". Kol's voice was laced with sarcasm as he spoke to the Keeper. "Come now, think hard. I know you still remember. Look deep in the corners of your mind. If you need help finding a specific memory, perhaps the day of my banishment rings a bell".

Last edited by a moderator:
James was smirking on the inside, 'Thanks to her big mouth I know have the advantage,' he snapped his fingers and his weapons suddenly disappeared, it was time to play with cocky mortal role card again. "Hm, so the pretty female demon has a backbone. Duly noted, though what gives you the impression that I wish to continue living? If I survive your world I get nothing out of it, you and your kind, the angels and not to mentions the humans are all the same; you scheme, plot and try to use others to your advantage just to get yourselves further in each of your pathetic little lives. Everyone thinks angels, demons, and humans are completely different when in reality all three worlds are exactly the same with all the same kind of greedy, worthless organisms that preside there," he growled pacing a bit but then realized he had gotten off track so he stopped and turned his cold eyes back to Tessara.

"To answer your last question of whether I know the girl or not I think I'll keep the answer to myself for the time being. If you wish to kill me feel free, I died a long time ago and am nothing but an empty, cold-hearted Reaver now."

Shiro's body tensed.

.....banishment...

She knew now. The wings, his telepathy, the smoothness and quietness of his flight, his knowledge of Keeper. It all made sense now.
Her mind screamed the answer yet no words escaped her lips. An expression of shear amazment played upon her face. Her golden eyes vivid and wide.

"...The fallen collector..." Keeper whispered, "My God... I never thought I would never meet you again..."

"Stories say you were among the greatest." Shiro said quietly, "Why? Why did you fall...?"

Kol's smirk and sarcastic mood had faded when Shiro asked the question. His face was now expressionless. "Simply put: I grew too powerful for my own good. Collector angles have to potential to become much more powerful than your keeper would have you believe. I was one such person who figured that out". Kol turned around and took a few steps towards the base of a nearby tree. He stared up at the beams of light piercing through the thick canopy. "Have you ever wondered how exactly your powers worked? How they did what they did, and what their specific effect was? Well, I wondered that. I was always curious as to how we could collect souls. For a long time I had wondered, until one day when I was collecting a soul that I realized. The soul I was collecting was determined to stay where it was. As I recall, the soul wanted to stay in the house that it was born in. I however, was determined to bring the soul for judgment. I thought I would have trouble when I touched the tip of my scythe upon the soul wisp, but I received to feeling of defiance. However, the soul was furious after it was already within the soul cylinder. I had then realized, our ability to collect the souls, was a type of manipulative ability. The length of that ability that every collector is taught is the command to move the soul to another location. Though we are never told that we are actually manipulating the souls against their will. That was when I asked myself a question". Kol was now starring at the shadowy ground and said "If I can command a soul to move to another location. What if I could command a soul to accompany and obey me? I was now determined to prove my theory. Though, I was still devout im my charge and I would never have used an innocent or uncertain soul a test subject. So, I instead used the souls of wicked men. People who lived in crime and sin. People who had no chance of passing judgment. I collected several of those souls and began my experiments". The shadows around Kol began to darken and churn until they took on the image of molten tar. "After many tried and failed experiments, I had managed to successfully gain control of one of the souls. I was able to use it to scout out areas and find souls that I could not immediately sense. I had originally intended for this ability to be a use for all collectors. If we could all have a wisp to help us in our searches, we could find and collect souls before the demons could ever get near them. However, That was not the end of my experiments. My wisp was too fragile. I had often lost and had to replace these wisps on account of them being attacked by particularly stealthy or intelligent demons. So, I tried to figure out how to increase my wisp's strength. It wasn't long before I had figured out a way. I had, by that time, mastered the manipulative ability that we possessed and figured out that I could potentially command the soul to do anything. I gathered a fair amount of souls, all criminals and other unredeemable people of course, and placed them in a small space. Once they were all in place, I gave my wisp the command 'devour the others'".

as Kol explained, the tar-like shadows began to produce nebulous bits of demonic essence that seemed to me acting out the souls being devoured by Kol's wisp. "Once my wisp had finished assimilating the others, I could sense a tremendous increase in its strength. It had grown powerful enough to take on other forms. Soon I had done this process with many other wisps and had gained control of a large amount of them. However, I had started to become reckless, and became more focused on seeing the full limits to this power. That was when the Keeper finally noticed what I was doing. But he panicked, and thought I was becoming corrupt and intent on taking over the Heavens. So he, and several archangels stripped me of my rank as a collector and banished me from the Heavens. I had become exiled to the underworld where my wings and my soul became tainted and blackened by the demon miasma and my burning hatred for the angles. Though it was in the underworld that I gained more power than I could have ever imagined. I not only perfected controlling souls, I figured out how to mold them and make them more powerful and intelligent". As Kol's story was coming to a close, the shadows slowly began to revert to their normal state. "Now you know why I was banished. All because someone feared the possibilities of what we could become. You have the very same potential as I did when I was still a collector, but you are not the kind of person that could control the soul of another". Kol walked up to Shiro until he was just a few inches away from her. His black feathered wings blocked out what light was shining on the angel before. "In the end, banishing me was probably the best thing for me. I was now free to continue my practice unhindered and unseen. I even figured out how to combine angelic and demonic essence. It is that fact that my essence is not being rejected by your soul, or the soul of your companion. But now you know my story. So what is your thought on this? I was never given anything resembling a trial, so I am curious to hear the opinion of one who had no knowledge of this".

Shiro stared up at Kol's dark form in disbelief. His shadow looming over her, blocking out the sun. Intimidating her.

"You're scaring me." She whimpered. Shiro tried to push Kol away. Giving that he was so much bigger and stronger then she, he didn't sway under her force much. Stumbling back, Shiro tripped over a group of smooth river stones on the ground. Sitting in the sand her white wings dissipated in a aurora of bright sparkles. Tears stung in her eyes, threatening to drop.

"As a collector are job is only to bring the souls to judgement. Not enslave them!" She yelled up at Kol, her eyes and cheeks reddening, "Whether they be banished to the devil is God's decision! We can't control them. We aren't allowed to control them. All you're interested in is dark power!" She brought hands to her face and cried, burying her head in her knees, "No wonder you're a fallen angel! God banished you because you were trying to perform the taboo, building servants out of collected souls Kol, it's one of the darkest taboo's us angels can attempt!"

She thought back to the dark essence clashing around inside her mind and body.
Is this why I am so emotionally strained? What has this dark thing done to me? Why have I let his dark force invade me? But I am bound by the worlds to help this creature, I must. I'm scared. He's too frightening.

Shiro looked back up to Kol, his form towering above. She rubbed her eyes wearily. Darkness radiating out from his heart. She could feel it.
She had no idea what to say, thoughts rushing in and out of her head, feelings washing over her that she had never felt before. Confusion, madness, fear. She tried to speak, but words wouldn't come out. A single tear rolled down her face. She sat in the shadow of a fallen angel, the darkness eroding away at her sanity.

Keeper spoke quick, "Try to gain a hold of yourself love, you were never trained to come into contact with a fallen angel. Their soul radiance is much different from demons... Try to be strong.

Kol, I am sorry. Sorry for everything that had happened. You grew dark. Once I found out about your experiments, I couldn't just turn a blind eye... I would have let you turn into something maddening. I was following orders... Please, I beg you to understand... I loved you like my brother Kol."

At the Keeper's response, Kol began to emit a far more sinister aura laced with an ancient rage. "What good does that knowledge do me? I am still fallen, and I still bear the mark from the day I was cast out". For the first time in a long time, Kol removed his hood, revealing his full face. His complexion was that of a young adult. both his hair and eyes were black as night. However, the upper-right part of his head was horridly disfigured with scars from blades and bore a strange seal seared into the flesh.
Evocation_Magic_Circle_by_Xyee.jpg

"A brother wouldn't have simply stood there as his brother was being banished to the pits of the underworld. A brother wouldn't have simply let their brother be banished to eternal torment when what he was doing was to better the collectors. Take a good look Shiro. This is the mark of the damned. This signifies that I am a fallen angel. So not only could I not return to the Heavens, I would also become a constant target for demons. I spent the better part of a century skulking in the shadows, hiding from all that would know my mark. It was only when I learned to manipulate my form and conceal my angelic essence, that I could finally move about without anyone knowing my identity". Kol put his hood back over his face, covering the upper half in shadow once again. "All I did was use the souls of garbage to help the collectors in their mission, and I was rewarded with this mark and left to die". Kol's began to subside his aura so that Edge would not detect it. Now Kol was speaking to the keeper again. "A brother would have at least tried to understand that what his brother was doing was intended to help the collectors. You have the gall to say that you loved me when you never did anything for me in my defense. Your words are worthless to me Keeper. Besides, it is pointless to reminisce on the past when it cannot be altered. I just wanted you to know that I was still alive and have now completely mastered the ability that all collectors possess".

The smell of a good combination of feelings overwhelmed Lord Edge's mind. Confusion was the first smell to enter his brain. The next was madness, one of his more favored ones. Finally fear, his favorite emotion to cause. He payed more attention to his surroundings once again. He noticed Kol's scent very clearly and another familiar one. "Shiro...." he growled put suddenly. A sudden demonic tone to his voice. He felt his eyes grow red and starting from his feet, he grew into his armor growing much more taller than the girl. One sword hung from his waist, and the other from his back. All his throwing knives hung from his belt aswell. His chain knife was wrapped around his wrist and hand. His eyes gazed towards where the two were. With his free hand he grasped one of his throwing knives and pulled it out. Speaking in a more human voice he spoek to the half soul. "More pressing madders have risen dear, so if you would please excuse me for a moment." With the throwing knife, he jabbed it into his stomach, felling the warm blade ooze flow over his knife and hand. Some dropped to the ground, causing a root he was on to began to melt into an acid that spread up the root until it reached the tree, which melted half way.
Surprisingly the tree didn't fall. Edge turned slightly towards the half soul and held the knife's handle towards the half soul saying "If a dark demon approaches that isnt me.....Stab it in the throat will you? And also don;t touch my blood, it can be very harmful for your health." He stabbed the knife into the ground without waiting for the girl to answer and began walking towards Kol and Shiro.

With Kol's demonic marking unvealed, it burned Shiro's eyes. Tears streaming down her face as she frantically tried to cover her eyes. His dark forces spreading like wildfire as he unleashed his hate of Keeper.

"You deserve all you have gotten demon! You may have been my brother, but I could not stand against God and stoop to your level! I did not crave dark power as you did!" Keeper roared.

Shiro peaked through her fingers at Kol; his mark now shaded by his hood. Kol's eyes sparkled with fury in the shadow. Shiro could sense the darkness.

Suddenly the black essence inside of her stirred. Even more than before... Strangling her delicate emotions violently as it sensed a massive dark force begin to move.

The Prince is not far from here...

Shiro shuddered, and thought of Tyson. He wasn't here to fly her away from the darkness this time. She would have to stand alone with her demonic partner. She raised to her feet slowly, feeling the coldness begin to chill the air. She knew Kol felt it too. She needed the half souls... She needed to get to them before they could be persuaded by the demons. Shiro weighed her options. Kol would most likely want to confront the Demon Prince,and she wouldn't be able to escape. Limbo, being such a surreal world, all of the immortals senses were automatically strengthened; that mean there was no such thing as escaping from the Prince.

"He's coming this way." Shiro whispered weakly, "Kol, what do we do?"

Kol wasn't at all surprised at the Keeper's response. Soon after, Kol sensed a change in Edge's essence. He had picked up on Kol and Shiro and was heading for them. "Enough, I never sought your approval then and especially not now. It is disappointing that you have yet to realize what I have. There is still something that I an wondering. You banished me for accepting the use of dark powers despite the fact I only wanted to help the collectors as a whole. Shiro and her companion have now gotten into the exact same type of situation as I. My question to you Keeper is this: What will be the fate of Shiro and her companion? Will you banish them as well". Kol snapped his fingers and his wings melded into his shadow. "Sorry about this Shiro, but your not going to like this part". Kol snapped his fingers again, but this time, it resulted in a different effect. That was Kol signaling to his essence within Shiro. While the essence on its own would not do anything inhibitive, it was a different story when Kol had direct control over it. The essence would cause Shiro to be paralyzed for only a second. Long enough so that wouldn't resist. When the essence activated, Kol punched Shiro in her stomach to keep her from moving after the essence lost its hold. Then, he grabbed her, hoisted her over his left shoulder, and began to meld into the shadows.

"Time to make good on that contract", Kol said before they were both submerged in the shadows. Within the shadows, Kol changed from his robbed form into his demonic one. Kol moved through the shadows with Shiro in hand until he was very close to Edge's location. There he surfaced from the shadows about twenty feet behind Edge with Shiro restrained in his now enlarged. "Well, took you long enough to figure out I was following you. Still not the sharpest tool in the shed are you?" Kol said, his voice now reverted to its demonic version. "Now then, why don't we have a talk", he said as he put his right hand just a few inches away from Shiro's throat "And don't bother to try anything. The second you do, I will kill her and assimilate her essence before your mind has a chance to register what happened". After saying that, dozens of small ,razor-sharp, needles protruded from Kol's right hand stopping just centimeters away from her throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.