Angelic Battalion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The portal Shiro had opened transported everyone to a surreal world of desert and forest. Huge redwood trees tower in the distance, while hot, dry, sand covers the ground. Very faintly, almost unrecognizable in the distance, massive black mountains can be seen all around.

After the new world appears around them, the male half soul is lifted from the ground by Tessara and taken through another portal opened by the demoness.

"Oh no you don't!" Shiro yells, jumping up and swiping her scythe at Tessara, the demoness just out of her scythes reach. "Damn you!" She yells as the forms are engulfed in the portal and disappear from view.

Tyson lay unconscious in the sand. Shiro looks over at the female half soul and says quietly, "Please don't be scared." Trying to articulate as soothing as possible. "I know this is a lot to take in, but I assure you.... you will be safe with the angels." Shiro's wings flapped, lifting her off of the ground and over Tyson. Her feet landing on the hot sand just before the half soul, Shiro reached out a hand, "Please understand, I won't hurt you." Feeling a dark presence she remembered the enemy. Kol, standing just yards away; immediately Shiro rushed and kneel before Tyson, gathering his limp body into her arms.

"What do want for Tyson's life?" Shiro growled through clenched teeth staring up at the dark form before them. "What do you require?"

Shiro noticed the female half beginning to back away, "Please don't..." Shiro tried to get up, but the weight of Tyson keeping her on the floor. Her eyes pleading with the girl. Thoughts flew through Shiro's mind.

The poor girl... She must be completely confused, and frightened...

Shiro looked cautiously back at Kol.

Is Kol going to kill us? I need to get away, get away with the half, but I need the antidote... Where is the Prince? Surely he'll find us... and kill us now, everyone's immortal senses are amplified in Limbo... What the hell does Kol want? How can I save Tyson...? He must have only minutes left in his existence. Stay calm Shiro.... The halves must understand their part in this battle between worlds... will they understand? What if the male sides with the demons? Where is he now?

The Prince, Kol, the dark souls, the halves... and the angels... Stay calm Shiro... Limbo is a massive space, we're all in one place. The war will begin here.

Shiro tried desperately to calm her mind, she sensed the agitated fear of the female half soul; the dark looming aurora of the demon before her, and the slowly beating heart of her companion. Time was running out...

"What do you want me to do?!" Shiro yelled clenching her eyes shut, her voice traveling miles in the open sandy landscape.

As Tessara flew away with his hunter demons, Lord Edge slide both of his swords into his sheath's and gathered his knives. He kneeled down, his armor began glowing darker and darker black. His eye sight slowly faded to black, and reopened to find everything much sharper and smaller. His black gauntlets were now claws and the rest of the armor were hard scales. Smelling the air, he no longer smelt the angels, Kol, the half souls, or even Tessara. He instead smelt the fear of the half souls, and both angels. Surprisingly, Kol didn't have a smell. His gaze drifted towards where they were and he readied his legs. He would get there faster than with wings, his legs twice as powerful than his wings. Suddenly, a white light engulfed Lord Edge in his second form, blinding him. His vision returned, now in a vast desert, trees a few miles off, and black mountains even farther. He smelt everyone much clearer now, and grinned a toothy grin. His legs began working quickly and soon, he tunneled towards the group.

Edge lay underneath the female half soul walking slightly away from the group. His tail switched underneath her in a circle, ready to act. Luckily in this form, his scent would change, and maybe the group wouldn't think twice about the dragon traveling underneath them. As the female half soul finally stopped moving, he acted, his tail shot out, wrapping around the female half soul, the sharp end of it holding underneath her throat encase she tried anything. Jumping out of the sand, he sent his flaming breath towards the angels, and sprinted at full speed towards the forest, the half soul wrapped in his tail.

Alarmed, Shiro dove in front of her partner trying to grab at the half souls legs. "No! You bastard!!" Shiro screamed at the top of her lungs. When a sudden burst of white hot light escaped the Dragon's jaws Shiro shielded herself and her unconscious partner with her weapon. The fire scorching her skin and reflecting off of the blade of her scythe. Tyson twitched at the sudden heat, his eyes squeezing shut, an angered look on his face. Flustered, Shiro's eyes bore down on Kol, full of fire and hate she suddenly rose to her feet and seized his garments and yelled in his face, "what do you want from me?! The Prince is getting away!!! Dammit you creature!! Tell me!!"

"We need those half souls!!!"

James turned around to glare at the female demon, irritated because she separated him from the demon, Kol, and for error which resulted in him being stuck on this small island. "I have no reason to thank you, woman, I'm stuck here because of your pathetic strength," he retorted then gave the snake's head a quick stroke as a thought churned in his mind. James let out an irritated sigh before walking over to her, he briefly looked her over then reluctantly extended his hand out towards her to help. "Though I guess being stuck here with you is better then being stuck with one of those angels or that demon Kol," he admitted. 'It also allows me to plan my next move, I must use the time I've been given wisely.'

Tessara glared at him a moment, but accepted the hand up. "You're right it's better! Kol's a traitorous shadow that would kill you as soon as you weren't useful to him! And now he's gone and revolted. For damnation's sake, I lost count of how many shadows he's collected a century ago." Tessara rubbed her forehead in an attempt to placate her headache. It couldn't help--the ache was self-created anyway--but she needed to do something to fight back her irritation. "As a thank you, can you tell me what Kol has planned? What did he tell you?"

James gave her a silent stare, 'Is she a blockhead? No matter, I may be able to use this to my advantage,' he admitted in his mind. "If that's what you want then so be it. This demon, I believe you call him Kol, wanted me to help him stage a coupe I assume against your superior. In return for my help he would unlock my full power, he didn't give me any details since he was probably going to keep me in the dark and try to either kill me off or somehow imprison me."

The girl didn't even have time to scream before she was pulled away. The air rushed around her. And she felt something sharp near her throat.

Had she just been kidnapped from the kidnappers?
What the hell was all this. Had that before really been an angel and the others where demons?
No they could aliens for what she knew. Or even worse. She hated this ever since that day before arriving to town strange things had been going on. And now she was stuck in some strange plot or fight. And both sides could go to hell for what she cared.

All Alyssa wanted was to go home. Nothing else. She opened her shut eyes and saw trees in one direction and heard that angels voice in the distance from the other.

"That's seriously all you know? You're just hired muscle! For pity's sake, Kol can't even give you power. If you want power, you need your other half! As calm as you are about all this, I thought you might actually know something." Tessara turned away, kicking at the sand beneath her. She started chewing on her thumbnail, thinking through where she currently stood. "Alright, what is it you want?" she asked, spinning back to face him.

Edge reached the tree's and softly laid the girl at the base of the tree. He swished his tail in front of him as he growled out, sounding more monsterous with each word "Don't go anywhere." Taking a step back, he repeated the process again, this time returning to his armor. Smiling beneath his helmet, he said "Hello Half-Soul, you may call me Lord Edge, Prince Edge, or if you wanted your saver!" He laughed at his own joke, and looked at the slightly frightened girl and said quickly "If you wish, I could appear more....human for you."

The girl was quite pale but right now each new surprise was tiring and she simply didn't have the energy to react in anyway but to stare with wide eyes. The beast had turned humanoid and now spoke. She nodded slowly pale as marble. And then glanced at the trunk with the wrapped up bow realising it had been dragged along...until she dropped it.

What was she thinking that bow couldn't do anything anyways it wasn't stringed and she had no arrows. Futile. but not realising it her self. A subtle change from panicked to wanting to survive was taking place within her mind.

James suppressed an evil smirk as the woman berated him, he knew more then he let on but he wished to keep his cards close to his chest so to speak. When she turned back toward him he raised an eyebrow in regards to her question, "What do I want, you will have to be more specific when asking that question. What is it you think I desire?"

Kol was dazed by the intense light from the girl as they teleported to Limbo. When the light had faded, Kol's senses were momentarily dulled so he did not notice as Tessara swooped in and grabbed the male half. Kol was definitely irritated at being unable to see that coming, but he wasn't too worried about the half switching allegiances. Kol could see that the half was more interested in the power that he could offer. He was still a little weak when the female collector started demanding what he wanted in exchange for her friend's life. Kol was alerted by another presence. It was more reptilian than demon at first, so Kol wasn't fully prepared for when the massive dragon burst out of the sand and ran off with the female half. It was only when the dragon surfaced that Kol could tell that it was Edge in his dragon form. Kol was going to charge after the female half when an idea sprang in his mind.

This is a perfect scenario for getting the angles' assistance. As well as awakening the female half's powers. So he waited and let Edge get away. Now the female collector was furious and grabbing him by his robes. She was in a perfect mental state to get her to agree. when the collector was finished asking what Kol wanted again, he responded. "I've already told you what I want. The real question is what you want. Agree to help me, and I will retrieve the halves with your assistance and I will heal your friend. Refuse, and I will still retrieve the halves. Only, I will not be using your help and I will not heal your friend. The choice is yours. Will you swallow your angelic pride to save your friend and the halves? Or will you stay true to your own little creed and refuse a demon's help?" Kol's face was expressionless, but he was smiling in his mind. There was little to no chance that she would refuse in her current mental state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tessara's eyes narrowed. She raised her hand, its back facing the half, and three glowing, pink needles appearing between her fingers. "I think you want to live. Try my patience and you won't have that much. You're clueless, so let me explain something to you. I am a demon. You are a threat to my lord. The only reason I haven't already killed you is you may prove useful. Do you understand?"

James yawned, not fazed by the female demon's sudden change in attitude thinking he would simply bow down and obey her. Suddenly the atmosphere around him swirled with a malicious intent as he looked up to meet her eyes, his eyes were now that of a ruthless killer with no shred of humanity present in his soul. The silhouette of an object made of shadows formed in his left until it fully emerged as an demonic sword, and on his left light blazed and circled around until it formed what looked to be a holy shield. "I do not care if you are a demon, nor do I care about your superior who can't even keep his subjects within his grasp. I will take no orders nor help with keeping your little lord on his throne."

Shiro shook with rage, feeling the pain of her partner. She viciously released Kol's garments, "I accept, I will help you." Shiro spat. Turning her glare away from the demon, she knelt next to Tyson and raised his head off of the hot sand. Her eyes flicking back to Kol.

"What do you require?" She asked coldly.

What in the hell could he want in return? Will my life be at risk? How much is he asking for? Is this the right decision?

Shiro's body began stiffen with nervousness, her delicate hands beginning to quiver. She looked strait into Kol's eyes, a look of determination playing on her face.

Kol let out a little chuckle at the collector's reply. "Nice to see you being more compliant now", Kol says as be pats his robes to remove the creases from the collector grabbing them. "Now then. All I require of you is two things. The first, is to never object to my methods. Everything I do is part of a plan. The second, I will tell you in a minute. For now, I must attend to your dying friend". Kol walked over to the other angel. He looked over him and observed his symptoms. "Seems you picked the short straw in terms of what to get poisoned with" says Kol. "It would seem that your friend has been poisoned with demonic essence", says Kol back to the female collector. "One way to treat it is to purge it with angelic essence. However, there isn't enough time for that. The only method that will work in time is to infuse a small amount of my essence into him as well. My essence's nature is that of the shadows. It consumes everything. My essence can assimilate the poison and render it harmless. And you don't have to worry. I am only infusing enough to treat the poison. It wont be enough to corrupt him and turn him into a fallen angel. Plus, I will take my essence back once it has dealt with the poison".

Before either of the angles could get a reply, Kol's left hand changed into shadows and then into claws. Kol jabbed the shadow claws into the male Collector's right arm. As he did so, small tendrils of shadow slithered into the angle's body through the new wounds. The tendrils could be seen moving underneath the skin. Then just as quickly as Kol jabbed the claws into the angle's arm, he pulled the claws back. "That should be enough", Kol says to himself. "Now then, the healing process will take a while, but we do not have time to wait for him to recuperate. We must leave him here and give chase to Edge". Kol had turned around and was about to move in the dire tion that Edge took, when he suddenly stopped himself. "Ah! Nearly forgot. We haven't properly introduced ourselves yet. I am Kol", says the demon holding out a hand, "and what would yours be?"

Edge took a slow step forward and said "I need you to stay calm, If not you'll get a very nasty headache." He slowly reached out and placed his gauntlet on the girls forehead. A dark light burned the air, causing Edge to close his eyes. Stepping back, he looked at the girl and smiled, a bright teeth smile that looked like it shined. Once again, he made himself look like the suited man from the mortal world. He winked at the girl playfully "Better? Good. Now, lets take a walk deeper into the woods, so Kol and those angels huh?"

Shiro's eyes widened as the Demon analyzed her partner.
Picked the short straw?!
Nervously biting her lip, she watched as the demon's hand grew into shadowy claws. Shiro yelped, her body jerking with surprise when the dark soul suddenly stabbed his new limb into Tyson's arm. Tyson's jaw muscles flexed, and his eyes squeeze together. Even in his subconscious, he could feel the piercing cold darkness releasing inside him, unbinding his body from the death grip of the Demon Prince's poison.

Shiro watched as silver blood began to dribble from Tyson's wound. The sand devouring the drops.
"What do you mean leave him here?!" Shiro questioned urgently as the demon walked away from her. When he didn't answer, Shiro quickly rolled Tyson onto his back and raised to her feet, "Hey!"

The demon suddenly turned around, and asked her formally what her name was. Surprised at his question Shiro was caught off guard, "My n-name is Shiro." She answered coolly, her eyes squinting in a cautious scowl as she mentally questioned his motives.

"Thank you for healing him... I'll do what you ask but, I can't leave him here alone... He's too vulnerable..." Shiro said quietly, her eye's flicking to the demon's outstretched hand, then back up to her enemy's eyes.

The effects of his touch caused her to blink. Why had he done that?
His change into human forman was strangely calming. And his way to treat the entire situation was well welcoming even though it had felt like another kidnapping. She remained silent as he talked. Prioritising to pick up the bag first. And then she followed him. What else could she do. This place was not earth and it was completley foreign to her. 'he' was not trying to eat or kill her for now.
After a short moment she decided to ask with a weak and low voice. "w..who are you??"
The forest around them was strange the sky felt off and there was no real sense of direction which made her feel extremely disoriented. hopefully a conversation would help take it of her mind. As she had million of questions

Kol sighed at Shiro's stubbornness. "Unless you intend to use him as a meat shield, he will only hinder us until he has recovered, but if your insistent on it, I will have Ash guard him while we go after the female half". Kol snapped his fingers, and hi shadow began to darken and start to bulge out of the ground. A moment later, Ash rose from the shadows, his massive blades glinted in the harsh light of Limbo's sun. "You may remember Ash from when he nearly skewered you in our first encounter", Kol said with a little amusement. "Ash, I need you to guard the injured angel while he is recuperating, let nothing near him until I return". Ash nodded his head and walked over to the injured angle. Ash stood on top of the angel's shadow and slowly melded into it until he was no longer visible. "Satisfied? If so, I must ask for you to accept one more condition before we set out".

Status
Not open for further replies.